Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 10:29:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 629466 times)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1365 on: November 18, 2011, 06:20:01 PM

I don't even know what i'm doing anymore. crafting 100 daggers and felt happy i can craft dwarf stuff now. oh, no dwarf ore...went to next town and saw the inventory are scaled to my recently increased level, and they now sell orcish which is better than dwarf.... swamp poop

And no mass-craft button? I gotta jam the E and Y key repeated? Wtf, Bethesda?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1366 on: November 18, 2011, 06:28:05 PM

Something changed in my settings where the y axis mouse movement is much slower than the x axis.  Anyone know of a fix?

I haven't tried this, but I've seen it in a few places:

At the end of your Documents/My Games/Skyrim/Skyrim.ini file, add:
[Controls]
fMouseHeadingYScale=0.0200
fMouseHeadingXScale=0.0200

You may have to tweak the numbers until you discover what works for you.

Worked great for me, thanks!
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #1367 on: November 18, 2011, 06:31:20 PM

BTW, on setting followers essential. You dont have to go through that whole  rigmorale  to find out your follower's id. Just put the mouse cursor on your follower and click while in console mode. Use the number that is displayed. Works fine and way easier than trying to look it up on some wiki where your follower may or may not have a page yet.

edit. Damn just tryed it on lydia and it didnt work. Weird, tried it on my dog and it worked fine.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 06:34:22 PM by Phred »
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1368 on: November 18, 2011, 06:34:00 PM

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1369 on: November 18, 2011, 07:07:08 PM

Anyone buy this off Impulse/Gamespot?  I have like, 85 bucks worth of store credit I want to spend and I'm thinking I will spend it on this but do I actually have to use impulse or will they just give me a code that I can then put into Steam?  It says on the details page that it's security system is Steamworks.

They should just give you a code.  You might have to install the Impulse client to get that code, but that's all you'll need from them.

Yeah, they said in the confirmation email that I had to install impulse to install the game but the confirmation email had the code in it.  So, I just activated it in Steam and it started downloading.  Didn't need impulse at all.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #1370 on: November 18, 2011, 07:42:03 PM

How the hell did he do that?

Also, that npc is my favourite religous lunatic.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1371 on: November 18, 2011, 07:55:31 PM

Hrm, did you change anything? Try the RAM fix? How many save files do you have?
I don't have a ton of saves, maybe a dozen? I tend to reuse two, a "Good" and an "Onward", and I refresh the "Good" save at major plot points and whatnot. About three CTDs in fifteen minutes or so, but two were back-to-back, CTD then on Continue from the main screen another CTD. Brings the total to 6, I guess for 35 hours or whatever that's not bad.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1372 on: November 18, 2011, 10:59:13 PM

I don't have a ton of saves, maybe a dozen? I tend to reuse two, a "Good" and an "Onward", and I refresh the "Good" save at major plot points and whatnot. About three CTDs in fifteen minutes or so, but two were back-to-back, CTD then on Continue from the main screen another CTD. Brings the total to 6, I guess for 35 hours or whatever that's not bad.

For what it's worth, I've completely stopped crashing since applying the 4G RAM binary patch.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1373 on: November 18, 2011, 11:09:56 PM

Same here.  Not a CTD since.

-Rasix
Sophismata
Terracotta Army

Reply #1374 on: November 18, 2011, 11:16:31 PM

How do you figure the dragon skeleton moving twice isn't a glitch?

"You finally did it, you magnificent bastards. You went so nerd that even I don't know WTF you're talking about anymore. I salute you." - WindupAtheist
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1375 on: November 19, 2011, 12:30:14 AM

BTW, on setting followers essential. You dont have to go through that whole  rigmorale  to find out your follower's id. Just put the mouse cursor on your follower and click while in console mode. Use the number that is displayed. Works fine and way easier than trying to look it up on some wiki where your follower may or may not have a page yet.

edit. Damn just tryed it on lydia and it didnt work. Weird, tried it on my dog and it worked fine.

There's an easy way to figure out the follower's ID if you have them right in front of you. Click them and then type "prid", which then prints the selected thing's Reference ID and is what is used for setessential and such.

Edit: Disregard, I'm an idiot who forgot how prid works.
Edit: Just realized the "help "name" 4" bit was posted last page, but it's still a handy command to know.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:11:46 AM by koro »
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #1376 on: November 19, 2011, 02:51:52 AM

For what it's worth, I've completely stopped crashing since applying the 4G RAM binary patch.

Quote from: Rasix
Same here. Not a CTD since.

And same here.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1377 on: November 19, 2011, 06:07:01 AM

Just had my first run-in with Hired Thugs on my new thief. Three burly Nords, each in heavy armor: one dual-wielding, one with a mace and shield, and one with a warhammer.

I pretty much turned tail and bolted immediately, being a cowardly Khajiit, and managed to hide behind a rocky outcropping. The dual-wielder, eager for glory, split off from his two companions as they searched for me and, with a bit of quick maneuvering, I managed to double sneak attack him from behind with my daggers, downing him in one flurry (and gaining two full levels of Sneak to boot). I then turned my attention to his two buddies, who'd stopped searching for me, but due to their AI they continued to walk, pathing straight for me, so I knew stealth was going to be out of the question. Knowing full well that a stand-up toe-to-toe brawl with them wasn't going to end well, I got out my bow and launched a 3x sneak attack to start the battle on my own terms before pulling out my Imperial steel sword from back in Helgen and moving out to meet them, using nothing in my offhand to keep blocking as an option.

What ensued was a knuckle-biting three minute battle before the setting sun, with me darting in and landing a quick strike or two - usually against the warhammer dude - before ducking out of the way of his friend's magic mace. I was down to about half health at this point, and the other two were completely gassed on stamina from blocking my hits. The warhammer guy finally collapsed in an exhaused and bloodied heap against a road sign, and I took the opportunity to wade in and finish him off with a quick power attack, completely draining my remaining stamina and eating a power attack from the mace guy in return. A few traded blows later found me slamming my sword repeatedly on the guy's shield Return of the Jedi style as he feebly tried to keep up his guard, too exhausted to fight back. One final hit forced him to the ground where I then yanked him up and drove my sword through his lower back far enough to come out his sternum.

Whew.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1378 on: November 19, 2011, 06:22:00 AM

Damn dirty cat-men! 

I was in a dragon fight when a guy runs up to me and gives me a magic staff to hold for him.  He warned me not to double-cross him or else.  Annoying.  It didn't matter as the dragon was as annoyed as I was by this interruption and flash-fried him.  Free staff!

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1379 on: November 19, 2011, 06:26:27 AM

Hah, that same guy just ran up to me and gave me a magic mace while I was fighting a polar bear. Almost got me killed.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1380 on: November 19, 2011, 07:00:14 AM

I ran into that guy too. I was also in combat so I didn't even see what he gave me. It's probably long since been vendored by accident.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1381 on: November 19, 2011, 07:24:41 AM

Just finished the main story a few minutes ago. No end credits? Wierd. As a level 39 stealth archer with max Smithing and Enchanting, the final dungeon was incredibly easy. I don't think any of the trash mobs lived long enough to actually aggro me. I did have a strange glitch though.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1382 on: November 19, 2011, 07:43:27 AM

The only quest line I have finished is the Mage one.  Liked it, some great unique rewards.  I've decided to stay neutral politically, there are still plenty of quest lines.  Started crafting in earnest today, wow that levels you fast!  Going back to hunting for dragon words.  Getting obsessed with finding those walls!
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1383 on: November 19, 2011, 07:53:10 AM

Just finished the main story a few minutes ago. No end credits? Wierd. As a level 39 stealth archer with max Smithing and Enchanting, the final dungeon was incredibly easy. I don't think any of the trash mobs lived long enough to actually aggro me. I did have a strange glitch though.

Wow, you hit a bunch of bugs with that one.

I had a hell of a time in the final 'dungeon' as a 34 mage. The enemies were huge sacks of HP, and Destruction magic does not cut it. I eventually had to cheese it by Paralyzing the enemies while a summoned Dremora hacked at them for 200 HP a hit.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #1384 on: November 19, 2011, 07:58:33 AM

Hah, that same guy just ran up to me and gave me a magic mace while I was fighting a polar bear. Almost got me killed.
I ran into that guy early. He had bad luck though, because the hunter he'd stolen from tracked him down in front of me and promptly turned into a pincushion.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1385 on: November 19, 2011, 08:13:13 AM

I've had the fugitive event twice, and both times the hunter found him. The first time I played dumb with the hunter, the second time I went with "He's right over there". Both times I kept and disenchanted the item.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #1386 on: November 19, 2011, 10:10:43 AM

So I took over the Battle-Born farm early in my playthrough by killing the woman inside, because she woke up as I picked her pockets in her sleep, and have used a barrel in her farm to store my shit in ever since. Today was different, though, as I got out and saw 5-6 well-armed men skulking along the road on the other side of the river. I took out my trusty bow and arrow and ended up shooting all of them to death, and thus saving M'aiq the Liar, but I failed to save some guy named Balbus.

Oh well, can't win them all.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #1387 on: November 19, 2011, 11:06:23 AM

Started a new game and immediately after exiting the cave from Helgen I took off heading west, ignoring the main storyline completely. On my way as far west as I could get, I "lived off the land" as a hunter and occasional bandit-slayer. Three hours later I had still not talked to a single NPC. Good times. Until I realized I had quick-saved over my only recent save for my main character. Doh. WTB different savegame-profiles for different characters!

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1388 on: November 19, 2011, 11:17:26 AM

My favorite thing to do in Oblivion was to break into people's homes at night and run around on their tables, knocking their shit everywhere. I've carried this over to Skyrim but have also added shouting at their things.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1389 on: November 19, 2011, 11:40:10 AM

I'm having a strange time.

I've played about 13 hours on my main character (I'm running at alt at work over lunches), and I haven't really done much. She's been built as a sniper. I've unlocked +40% bow damage and focus fire (zoom in), plus the Sneaking perk that increases bow surprise attack mod to 3x damage. What is best in life? One-shotting some poor bastard who didn't even know you were there.

I completed Bleak Falls Barrow, but didn't encounter the dragon the pre-release videos led me to believe would be there. I also didn't get the achievement for completing the area. Maybe the two are related. I investigated another dungeon that turned out to house a couple of powerful Master Vampires. I killed one in a very tough fight (I burned half my health potions), and was unpleasantly surprised when I saw the next one pop up in the distance. I decided to bug out and sell my loot. On the way back to Riverwood I discovered I've been infected, so, great, I've got to take care of that now. The first time I tried to get back I encountered a group of bandits who combined heavy armor and two handed weapons with powerful destruction magic. I ran back to town, where everyone was asleep, and was hammered to death inside the gates (I died in a slow-motion crit that a third of my health in one hit). The second time I tried to get back ran into a group of Thalmor asshats marching a Stormcloak prisoner off south. I'd freed a Stormcloak from Imperials before, and I figured this would be no big deal either. Yeah, no. They set me on fire and carved me up. I quit for the night there.

At this point I'm using a Nord one-hand relic sword taken from the Barrow (I plan to frost enchant it as soon as I find a store that sells Soul Trap), an Imperial Bow taken from one of the Legionaries whose prisoner I freed, and a wicked looking orc dagger from a group of bandits who dressed up as Imperial soldiers and tried to demand a toll.

I'm not fond of the new "you can't fight while swimming" rule. Kiting slaughterfish close to shore so I can draw my sword isn't fun.

NON-EDIT: My favorite thing in Oblivion was to sneak into people's homes at night and steal their house keys as they slept. Most of the houses in Imperial City were open to me when I lost my old game.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #1390 on: November 19, 2011, 11:58:42 AM

There's an easy way to figure out the follower's ID if you have them right in front of you. Click them and then type "prid", which then prints the selected thing's Reference ID and is what is used for setessential and such.

Edit: Disregard, I'm an idiot who forgot how prid works.
Edit: Just realized the "help "name" 4" bit was posted last page, but it's still a handy command to know.

Another annoyance. Apparently setessential doesn't work on dogs :(
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1391 on: November 19, 2011, 12:04:51 PM

Started a new game and immediately after exiting the cave from Helgen I took off heading west, ignoring the main storyline completely. On my way as far west as I could get, I "lived off the land" as a hunter and occasional bandit-slayer. Three hours later I had still not talked to a single NPC. Good times. Until I realized I had quick-saved over my only recent save for my main character. Doh. WTB different savegame-profiles for different characters!

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15

Savegame manager with profile features.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #1392 on: November 19, 2011, 01:31:43 PM

Another annoyance. Apparently setessential doesn't work on dogs :(

Works fine on Vigilance I think.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #1393 on: November 19, 2011, 02:54:06 PM

I just stumbled over two bandits in the middle of nowhere. Killed them, and noticed a third body, a breton woman. She had a note on her which said that if you found that note, she was likely dead, that she'd gone after a few bandits who'd taken a pendant that'd been in her family for generations, and was the last connection she had to her dead family. Heartbreak

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #1394 on: November 19, 2011, 03:17:01 PM

I had to flee town because I punched a chicken.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1395 on: November 19, 2011, 03:26:19 PM

I'm wondering what difficulty you "god mode" thieves are on?

I'm still not sure I know how melée works, is there aiming at body parts? Timed parrying and blocking? Combos? Every now and then I come across a really tough guy who kicks the shit out of me, but sometimes I have managed to just ruin them with special finishing moves without knowing how I did it.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1396 on: November 19, 2011, 03:33:07 PM

Sniping heads of Bandits seems to do more damage than hitting the torso.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1397 on: November 19, 2011, 07:05:30 PM

I'm playing on the default difficulty; I aim for center mass with my arrows because I'm bad at shooters. Most normal mobs die in one hit, mid-boss types usually die in two. The key to my success is maxed enchanting, so I have +40% archery damage on at least 4 pieces of gear. Combine that with the fact that hitting someone doesn't necessarily bring you out of stealth (allowing consecutive 3x sneak attacks) and most dungeons can be completed without ever being noticed.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1398 on: November 19, 2011, 07:54:09 PM

I'm wondering what difficulty you "god mode" thieves are on?

I'm still not sure I know how melée works, is there aiming at body parts? Timed parrying and blocking? Combos? Every now and then I come across a really tough guy who kicks the shit out of me, but sometimes I have managed to just ruin them with special finishing moves without knowing how I did it.

Melee is pretty basic. The kill animations are meaningless, really. They're just killing hits.

No aiming, block and parry cause slight staggers, so you can block/swing/block/swing against a hard opponent. There is a timed stun bash if you shield bash during an enemy power attack.

Power attacks are caused by holding down attack, or moving while attacking. They eat Stamina to use.

Right now I'm using a 1h/magic character in melee, and the game is a LOT harder than 1h/shield. Shields block so much freaking damage.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #1399 on: November 19, 2011, 08:02:07 PM

Right now I'm using a 1h/magic character in melee, and the game is a LOT harder than 1h/shield. Shields block so much freaking damage.
My near-20 character has something like 20-odd block because i never really bother with it with the 2h. Blocking is for sissies -- while you block, you aren't hitting them. DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 97 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  
Jump to: