Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:06:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2098305 times)
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8540 on: July 28, 2011, 10:55:12 AM

That ability seems to be conscious of environment actually. You pull out oil tanks in industrial areas, but when running around in more natural setting, it's rocks why so serious?

For some reason this makes me happy to hear, consistently grabbing the same oil tank would drive me nuts. The graphic still seems a bit large from the game play videos from comic con.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8541 on: July 28, 2011, 11:15:17 AM

Found it, that description helped me find it.  I remember this video but I don't think I ever watched it all the way through:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM8GMXae2XM#t=7m

Seems like the time won't work when the video is embedded like this, skip to 7 minutes.

Sideways bullets.  ACK!

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8542 on: July 28, 2011, 11:34:45 AM

I saw a video where the tank came out of a wooded hillside. Maybe it was an industrial dump site, lots of pollution issues with the Republic. Or maybe that's why they're fighting the polluting Empire. (It was a very early video, one of the first I'd seen probably a year ago at least, so probably things have changed?).

Catching up on dev tracker, companion kits are out for sure: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7679280#edit7679280
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #8543 on: July 28, 2011, 11:50:32 AM

What's a companion kit? Like gear?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8544 on: July 28, 2011, 11:53:53 AM

What's a companion kit? Like gear?

Supposed to be like gear sets you could get for your crew to do different things, like a DPS set, heal set, nunchuk set, etc.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #8545 on: July 28, 2011, 11:54:07 AM

Well, it's nothing now :) They were going to have kits you assign your companions, medic kit, grenade kit, etc, that defined their roles. Looks like they've locked down the roles but are boosting the customization, via DA-style AI, though James got shut down when he started to talk about it a couple times.

I think I found our Republic chapter:

THE ROUGES GUILD
The treaty is broken my republic brothers we must stand together against the sith empire, we are the rouges,i am beadl the jedi knight, (its a strange name i know) but i need men and women for my army and squad one,lucky jedi will be my apprentice and 4 including my apprentice will be in my squad the 501st. The 501st will consist of me my apprentice jedi knight, a trooper, a smuggler and a jedi consular. I need to find a good smuggler for "special" missions.
PSST (I KNOW WHEN THE GAME WILL BE RELEASED, ONLY MEMBERS OF MY GUILD KNOW)
-May the force be with you
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/135657/rouges
Who i am as a leader
37 minutes ago, 0 replies

beadl
Jul 2011
I had one of the biggest guilds in star wars galaxies, it was one off the most exclusive also. But star wars galaxies is closing down for the old republic, and i received a message from Lucas and they trusted me with the release date of star wars the old republic, only members of my guild will have this information, i want to rebuild my guild from star wars galaxies and move it into the old republic, all i need is members.
I have the release date posted in the private forum which you cant see unless your a member.
-May the force be with you
Spamming comment sections, I'm sure he's legit.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8546 on: July 28, 2011, 11:59:17 AM

DA style AI meaning I pick a role for them? Or DA style AI when I have to customize all their spells and tactics into different micromanages so they stop acting like coked up children.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8547 on: July 28, 2011, 12:01:19 PM

Hopefully both, I'd like to be able to get granular with their tactics.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8548 on: July 28, 2011, 12:13:09 PM

Hopefully both, I'd like to be able to get granular with their tactics.

FFXII Gambit system?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #8549 on: July 28, 2011, 12:14:26 PM

DA style AI meaning I pick a role for them? Or DA style AI when I have to customize all their spells and tactics into different micromanages so they stop acting like coked up children.

Speaking of drugs, is there consumption in SWTOR? I am talking something that would have crazy effects on your character, much like WoW did with booze.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #8550 on: July 28, 2011, 12:16:39 PM

The AI will likely have generic priorities that may or may not mesh will with your build.  Being able to tailor that some will go a long ways.

And yes, if I'm (finally) remembering correctly, the gambit system is pretty close to the DA system.  Both unlock/open up a little differently.  Hopefully, it's opened up fully from the start and you don't have to wait for X levels to have all of your tactics set.  But I imagine it would be tied to levels, as more progression can only make the system more awesome.  awesome, for real

edit: NM, was confusing my FFs.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 12:24:53 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #8551 on: July 28, 2011, 12:51:48 PM

God, that beadl guy is just embarassing. Do we have to let people like that play on the same server as us?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #8552 on: July 28, 2011, 01:03:16 PM

I don't think there's any info on the AI other than James tripping up and mentioning it a couple times before being shushed. But it will be refreshing to have something a bit more in-depth than Attack/Stay/Follow and Aggressive/Defensive/Passive. Which is what they'll probably end up shipping with :)
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #8553 on: July 28, 2011, 01:05:26 PM

I don't think there's any info on the AI other than James tripping up and mentioning it a couple times before being shushed. But it will be refreshing to have something a bit more in-depth than Attack/Stay/Follow and Aggressive/Defensive/Passive. Which is what they'll probably end up shipping with :)
Why should the AI be more advanced than the PI?

"Me am play gods"
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8554 on: July 28, 2011, 01:11:22 PM

Why can't we have both?

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #8555 on: July 28, 2011, 01:11:38 PM

It can't possibly be worse than that beadl guy.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8556 on: July 28, 2011, 01:23:31 PM

Why can't we have both?

PI = player intelligence, you might need to work on your FI.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #8557 on: July 28, 2011, 01:29:43 PM

Found it, that description helped me find it.  I remember this video but I don't think I ever watched it all the way through:

Seems like the time won't work when the video is embedded like this, skip to 7 minutes.

That trooper laying down suppressing fire everywhere but at the enemies had me cringe.

I have never played WoW.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8558 on: July 28, 2011, 01:38:37 PM

Yeah what is up with that suppressive fire? Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKTqHsMqkb0

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #8559 on: July 28, 2011, 01:44:23 PM

That trooper laying down suppressing fire everywhere but at the enemies had me cringe.

Its just true to the movies! When is the last time a trooper actually hit something?
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #8560 on: July 28, 2011, 02:10:19 PM

Yeah what is up with that suppressive fire?
Suppressive fire stops the targetted enemy from using abilities for a couple seconds. Think of it as a ranged stun and interrupt. However they were using a different ability in that clip, which was a ranged AE attack. You can see the tooltip.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:12:17 PM by sam, an eggplant »
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #8561 on: July 28, 2011, 02:23:55 PM

4.  is WUA playing?

Nah. The only new MMO I've tried for the first time in the last ten years has been WoW, and only because literally every single person I played games with was playing it.

If you're right this will be interesting since those classes are in order:

1) ranged tank
2) melee dps/melee tank
3) healing/ranged dps
4) ranged dps/stealth

Which means we'd see a game where tanks are everywhere (on one side at least)

All specced DPS and bitching that there are no tanks. They could give every class in the game a tank spec and I doubt it would make a difference, based on my WoW experiences.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8562 on: July 28, 2011, 03:28:50 PM

Why can't we have both?

PI = player intelligence, you might need to work on your FI.

Not what I meant.  I meant give us a choice of two systems.
 A) Old hat MMO style of Attack/Follow/Stay||| Aggressive/Defensive/Passive
 B) New detailed style where we can tailor the AI to our desire a la Gambit system.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #8563 on: July 28, 2011, 03:52:42 PM

I'd love DA2 tactics system adapted to companions.                                           
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8564 on: July 28, 2011, 04:21:13 PM

I'd love it as long as someone made a detailed list of how to program each one so I don't have to think about the best possible AI setting for mine.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #8565 on: July 28, 2011, 04:22:32 PM

I'd love it as long as someone made a detailed list of how to program each one so I don't have to think about the best possible AI setting for mine.

Yeah, it'll be more important too, since its not pausable.  I always pause like crazy in combat in Bioware games to issue orders.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #8566 on: July 28, 2011, 04:23:48 PM

A game this big and this PvE focused?  Not a problem, the theorycrafters are already going.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #8567 on: July 28, 2011, 05:00:59 PM

Nah. The only new MMO I've tried for the first time in the last ten years has been WoW, and only because literally every single person I played games with was playing it.
So...WUA will be playing TOR?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #8568 on: July 28, 2011, 06:22:52 PM

For what it's worth, I'll probably end up being a tanky Trooper, since it will be Fordel and his amazing Scoundrel friends at release.  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #8569 on: July 28, 2011, 06:53:06 PM

All specced DPS and bitching that there are no tanks. They could give every class in the game a tank spec and I doubt it would make a difference, based on my WoW experiences.

Aren't paladins tanks? I thought that was one of the most popular classes .. or did they change enough with the specializations that you can have a weak tank with high dps and that's what everyone does? (When WoW launched I remember people complaining that pali's had good DPS and good tank ability with the self heal - so why play anything else?).

- Viin
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #8570 on: July 28, 2011, 06:57:55 PM

Aren't paladins tanks? I thought that was one of the most popular classes

That was his point really.  That they can be a tank doesn't matter when nobody wants to be a tank.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #8571 on: July 28, 2011, 07:08:31 PM

I just went to Gamestop's site to see when the release date would be, and saw a listing for the Collector's Edition WITH BONUS!

Take a guess at how much it is before you click the link below. Go on. Take a guess.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/star-wars-the-old-republic-online-collectors-edition/92635

Edit: Sorry. I've been busy lately and haven't been reading every single page. I should have known it wouldn't be news. Just shocked the shit out of me is all.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 07:26:27 PM by raydeen »

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #8572 on: July 28, 2011, 07:10:22 PM

I'm getting sick of this Rip Van Winkle shit.  If you think you know something new about SWTOR, we knew it 5 pages ago.

-Rasix
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #8573 on: July 28, 2011, 07:11:17 PM

Take a guess at how much it is before you click the link below. Go on. Take a guess.

Welcome to the SWTOR forums.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #8574 on: July 28, 2011, 07:16:04 PM

For what it's worth, I'll probably end up being a tanky Trooper, since it will be Fordel and his amazing Scoundrel friends at release.  why so serious?

We should definitely consider changing the guild name to that. I might consider shooting people with healing bullets. Maybe.

God Save the Horn Players
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: