Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:59:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 626636 times)
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #1505 on: November 21, 2011, 01:43:00 PM

Using showracemenu will ONLY reset your skills and such if you change your race, sex, or select a different preset for your current race/gender. Anything else shouldn't alter any stats or skills.
Ahh great to know, thanks.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1506 on: November 21, 2011, 01:48:16 PM

Or, you can store them in a chest (at home, I guess.. or the one in Jorvasker).
You cannot store quest items, that's the point of the complaint.

Yes, it's the ivory claw series.

World node, I just meant an ore node you can harvest. I've seen iron in abundance, a few orcish (and teh equiv light armor metal I forget), a few silver and gold, I think maybe a moonstone. So far I haven't seen an ebony or dwarven one at all, that's actually where I started pushing out iron daggers, as I had a ton of iron.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #1507 on: November 21, 2011, 02:02:57 PM

So far I haven't seen an ebony or dwarven one at all
There's no dwarven ore because it's supposedly an alloy that no "modern" smith knows how to make. The only ways to obtain ingots is either find some in dwarven ruins, or you can grab existing chunks of dwarven metal in the same ruins, and melt them down in a smelter.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #1508 on: November 21, 2011, 02:14:26 PM

After clearing two dwarven ruins and melting down stuff, I had about 190 dwarven metal ingots.

I'm not entirely sure why I keep doing smithing since I'm basically a pure magic user, but but but gotta melt down those metal bits!

Though enchanting daggers and selling them for hundreds of gold each is nice too...
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1509 on: November 21, 2011, 02:39:20 PM

Yeah clearing out a dwarven ruin is great for enchanting and smithing.

Got myself in to trouble by finishing a ruin on max inventory, then having a dragon attack me. Now I'm 100 over the top of the limit, in the middle of nowhere, and cant run.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1510 on: November 21, 2011, 02:48:23 PM

I don't see the appeal in hauling out all the dwarf stuff, too much of a pain in the ass and you need iron to smith crap with it anyway, and the merchants run out of gold way before you can sell it all...

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1511 on: November 21, 2011, 02:55:26 PM

Oh I can't justify my actions at all.

But all that rare dwarven metal!  Just sitting there!  I'd be a fool to leave it behind.
vex
Terracotta Army

Smock, turban, latex gloves and rubber slippers.

Reply #1512 on: November 21, 2011, 03:04:24 PM

Finished up the Thieves Guild story today; not as good as the Dark Brotherhood but still pretty decent. Getting the final achievement for them is apparently a real bitch though, so I'm not going to bother with that.

If you are talking about the tasks and special tasks it's not bad.  I think it takes far less time than the main quest line and it puts vendors in the bar there.  It also raises the amount that can be fenced significantly.  Most of the tasks can be done in almost no time at all and in broad daylight like fixing the books.  Just make sure0o you get them from both Daven and Vex and refuse them if they are in a city that you have already done the special for.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #1513 on: November 21, 2011, 03:32:04 PM

Oh I can't justify my actions at all.

But all that rare dwarven metal!  Just sitting there!  I'd be a fool to leave it behind.
At least collecting dwarven metal is sensible, practical thing.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1514 on: November 21, 2011, 03:42:10 PM

Le Art

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1515 on: November 21, 2011, 03:44:52 PM

Le Art

If only you could do that in DA2. There's a couple of times when both Varric and Merrill say your uncle's house smells like old cabbage.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1516 on: November 21, 2011, 05:36:36 PM

Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #1517 on: November 21, 2011, 06:00:06 PM

I once modded an item into Oblivion that did nothing but spawn a watermelon at the player's location every couple of frames.  I then discovered that for some strange reason the player falls faster than havok objects, and so that when using this item the player could jump, fall at the apex of his jump, and land on the watermelon below him, allowing him to jump again.

And thus did my Imperial warrior ascend into the heavens upon an arch of watermelons.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #1518 on: November 21, 2011, 06:07:10 PM

That looks like something out of my old university dormitory, only with fewer Mountain Dew Code Red bottles.

Is it me, or does the game mostly use the land in a triangle between Helgen, Riften and Solitude? I've been running around inside that triangle doing lots of quests, and the only time I've had to make a trip outside it was for one of the guilds. I've never even set foot near Markarth, although I do have something like 2 quest markers out in that zone, both as parts of larger collection quests.

Perhaps it's a side-effect of 3 of the 4 guilds being located within the triangle, along with the headquarters of both of the civil war factions?
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #1519 on: November 21, 2011, 06:45:31 PM

Yes, I'll go stop the dragons as soon as I *mumble mumble*

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1520 on: November 21, 2011, 06:53:47 PM

If you are talking about the tasks and special tasks it's not bad.  I think it takes far less time than the main quest line and it puts vendors in the bar there.  It also raises the amount that can be fenced significantly.  Most of the tasks can be done in almost no time at all and in broad daylight like fixing the books.  Just make sure0o you get them from both Daven and Vex and refuse them if they are in a city that you have already done the special for.

Reading that write up it sounded pretty terrible. I guess I can give it a shot though since it's actually worth a damn. Fencing is such a chore in this game that it's made me avoid stealing.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1521 on: November 21, 2011, 07:05:37 PM

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1522 on: November 21, 2011, 07:24:43 PM

That's a fire haza....never mind.  Ohhhhh, I see.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1523 on: November 21, 2011, 07:27:02 PM

So for anyone who was relying on the 4G exe fix: that's permanently broken as of the patch today, they enabled encryption on TESV.exe apparently to combat piracy.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MBBKAPTJ

Is the current hack workaround, it's apparently how they get around this in New Vegas. It loads the exe so steam can verify it, then patches it on the fly :P
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1524 on: November 21, 2011, 07:31:04 PM

That looks like something out of my old university dormitory, only with fewer Mountain Dew Code Red bottles.

Is it me, or does the game mostly use the land in a triangle between Helgen, Riften and Solitude? I've been running around inside that triangle doing lots of quests, and the only time I've had to make a trip outside it was for one of the guilds. I've never even set foot near Markarth, although I do have something like 2 quest markers out in that zone, both as parts of larger collection quests.

Perhaps it's a side-effect of 3 of the 4 guilds being located within the triangle, along with the headquarters of both of the civil war factions?

I noticed something like that.

That said, my favorite town is Dawnstar (like the quest for the follower you get there too).
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #1525 on: November 21, 2011, 07:41:05 PM

I've never even set foot near Markarth, although I do have something like 2 quest markers out in that zone, both as parts of larger collection quests.
Visit your local tavern a few times and the game will take care of that.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1526 on: November 21, 2011, 08:28:05 PM

Visit the other cities. Explore. There is stuff to do everywhere. I find it hard to go to new places because all of a sudden I have 50 new quests and forget what I was doing originally. Just started to go to Markarth but found myself embroiled in two quests within seconds of being there.

Haven't visited Solitude yet! Still haven't visited the greybeards. Two dragons killed only, and level 26 now.

Edit: been playing too much, brain broke.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:47:37 PM by lamaros »
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1527 on: November 21, 2011, 09:10:44 PM

Okay, the housing options are driving me nuts.

I bought the place in Whiterun and it's okay.  Conveniently just two houses down from the blacksmith.

But it just doesn't have enough goddamn bookshelves for all my books.

So I decided to buy the place in Solitude.  And it really is quite swank.  But goddamn those Solitudian architects are nuts.  An alchemy lab AND enchanting lab but NO GODDAMN CHESTS or CUPBOARDS at all down there, only open shelves.

Argh!

I need a housing mod that makes it easier to organize all my crap.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1528 on: November 21, 2011, 09:29:10 PM

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1529 on: November 21, 2011, 09:33:44 PM

Do all the mage quests...no spoiler but you will live like a pimp.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #1530 on: November 21, 2011, 09:39:59 PM

Okay, the housing options are driving me nuts.

I bought the place in Whiterun and it's okay.  Conveniently just two houses down from the blacksmith.

But it just doesn't have enough goddamn bookshelves for all my books.

So I decided to buy the place in Solitude.  And it really is quite swank.  But goddamn those Solitudian architects are nuts.  An alchemy lab AND enchanting lab but NO GODDAMN CHESTS or CUPBOARDS at all down there, only open shelves.

Argh!

I need a housing mod that makes it easier to organize all my crap.

The house in Riften is pretty nice: Enchanting table (just like all the other main non-Whiterun houses) and Alchemist, close to a blacksmith, and tons of bookshelves and display space.  Only one proper "chest" but a couple of end tables and the like.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1531 on: November 21, 2011, 09:41:11 PM

So I decided to buy the place in Solitude.  And it really is quite swank.  But goddamn those Solitudian architects are nuts.  An alchemy lab AND enchanting lab

Time to visit solitude. I hate the trek to the castle every time to enchant in whiterun.

Wait, you can buy a house in Riften. I've been too busy thieving I've completely missed that. Whoops.

Next you'll be telling me there's a smelter in Riften I haven't found yet...
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1532 on: November 21, 2011, 09:50:38 PM

If anyone doesn't have the special edition, I'd recommend the making of video.. you can find it online. It's about an hour long. Interesting enough.. when you're not actually playing.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Also, have they ever had a game with a strong Red Guard or Khajiit theme? Like deserts.. Prince of Persia adventure stuff? I'd love that.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1533 on: November 21, 2011, 09:54:56 PM

Only if you count Elder Scrolls:Redguard, which plays on a tropical island in he south of Redguard.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1534 on: November 21, 2011, 09:56:54 PM

There is the game Redguard. It was more of a spin-off game from the main series like Battlespire.

Man, Battlespire was shit.

FAKEEDIT:ARGH beaten by Tebonas. Battlespire was complete shit.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1535 on: November 21, 2011, 10:05:32 PM

Well, this is a game where the journey itself is an adventure. Just getting to Riften involved 2 dead Dragons, 2 more Dragon Words, a half dozen dungeons, rescuing a princess in a tower (ok, so she was a witch who instead helped me kill everyone in the tower, but you work with what you have) and another dozen quests added to my list. And I'm a cannibal follower of a daemon god. Who does nice things for anyone who asks. Because I can.

I really wish the followers had some lines beyond "oh look a cave" and "I have a bad feeling about this". Though I guess it won't be too long before someone imports every Baldur's Gate NPC in.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 10:31:54 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1536 on: November 21, 2011, 10:27:39 PM

Need a rifle weapon mod...rifle scopes...with horseback shooting and I'll be playing this till New Year. And perhaps a cowboy hat.
Redguard Prospector lol

Oh yeah, you can eat human flesh? I tried werewolf before, didn't feel that great.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1537 on: November 21, 2011, 10:30:10 PM

Need a rifle weapon mod...rifle scopes...with horseback shooting and I'll be playing this till New Year. And perhaps a cowboy hat.
Redguard Prospector lol

Oh yeah, you can eat human flesh? I tried werewolf before, didn't feel that great.

Well, this game isn't unlike Red Dead Redemption in some respects. There's more to do here, but I think there's a resemblance.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1538 on: November 21, 2011, 10:45:00 PM

You don't need to be a werewolf or vampire- if you agree to follow one of the gods you get a really nice magic items that does it for you, and increases Health and Stamania regen every dead body you eat. If you're interested, go to the:

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1539 on: November 21, 2011, 10:56:31 PM

Oohhhhh. Nice one. Time to get drunk.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Hrrr hrr....larping child eater here i come. Rawr.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 97 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  
Jump to: