Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:43:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Star Trek Online : A New and Unbroken Thread! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Trek Online : A New and Unbroken Thread!  (Read 429040 times)
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #1085 on: March 16, 2015, 09:51:55 AM

Yes, I'm sure Dental were like totally innocent and maligned by the greater pubby community who were raging stupidly at everyone, and through superior intellect suffered no consequences whatsoever.

Your troll-fu is weak and lacking focus.

You misunderstand, I never once said that Dentals weren't trolling people, I said they were, just that the ones who weren't trolling were also getting the same panicked reactions just by being in the area.

they didn't even have to lift a finger.  Plenty of them did anyways, because Dental,

And there are screenshots of them running around as Zombie Spock.  It's not a defensible position to say that they weren't out trolling when they obviously were.  However, they weren't trolling in excess of the game's rules, whereas the raging players were, and got banned for it, which is deeply ironic.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1086 on: March 16, 2015, 02:38:10 PM

Says Dental because they have access to the ban lists which make them look so superiour.. Ant the pubbies were screaming a everyone ya know so "dental didn't have to lift a finger"

And yet when I was trolling some goons about it last weej there was nothing from them about this story of "other people getting banned but not Dental" instead they were sayingf that they Named their station after Nimoy and Denying everything. When I said they were dental there was silence.

So ya. Bull. Shit.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 02:45:02 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1087 on: March 16, 2015, 03:26:00 PM

Yes, I'm sure Dental were like totally innocent and maligned by the greater pubby community who were raging stupidly at everyone, and through superior intellect suffered no consequences whatsoever.

Your troll-fu is weak and lacking focus.

You misunderstand, I never once said that Dentals weren't trolling people, I said they were, just that the ones who weren't trolling were also getting the same panicked reactions just by being in the area.

This is kind of like saying a terrorist gets panicked reactions just for standing around while his buddies murder people. Everyone knows who and what Dental is and seeing the tag immediately makes them suspect simply for being who they are. I have exactly zero sympathy.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1088 on: March 16, 2015, 08:11:53 PM

There is absolutely no excuse for Rainz casting fire field on Lord British, it was supposed to be a celebration- what a fucking scumbag.

Wait, I just asked someone at work if this was 1998, and they said no.  In that case, holding a public memorial/event in an MMO  and not expecting psychopaths is- rather quaint. I will save my tears on this one.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1089 on: March 16, 2015, 08:18:19 PM

Far less quaint than the notion that the internet is the wild west and "anything goes" any longer.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1090 on: March 16, 2015, 08:21:49 PM

There is absolutely no excuse for Rainz casting fire field on Lord British, it was supposed to be a celebration- what a fucking scumbag.

Wait, I just asked someone at work if this was 1998, and they said no.  In that case, holding a public memorial/event in an MMO  and not expecting psychopaths is- rather quaint. I will save my tears on this one.

Not a living soul was surprised Dental showed up and acting like sociopaths. These people all probably think Hannibal Lecter is just misunderstood. I'm just finding it amusing that Kitsune is trying to portray Dental as the poor innocents who were abused by the nazis even when they were just being innocent.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1091 on: March 17, 2015, 07:24:51 AM

Do in game funerals ever go well?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1092 on: March 17, 2015, 10:10:20 AM

Do in game funerals ever go well?

I have never heard one going well unless it is in an instance that is invite only.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #1093 on: March 17, 2015, 10:14:40 AM

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #1094 on: March 17, 2015, 12:28:09 PM

The game's fine. If anything Dental is just getting bored as it is harder to grief RPers now and like the little sociopaths they are, once they run out of victims they move on.

why so serious?
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #1095 on: March 17, 2015, 01:20:20 PM

"Captain Smirk" was their community manager?

Now that is just sad...
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1096 on: March 19, 2015, 08:57:32 AM

The game's fine. If anything Dental is just getting bored as it is harder to grief RPers now and like the little sociopaths they are, once they run out of victims they move on.

why so serious?

Yes, PWE had layoffs across their entire company. The layoffs weren't from the STO dev team alone. But hey, more power to you in your crusade to prove that Dental is right about the game. This is like EA having layoffs across their entire company but you somehow reading that as TOR is in trouble.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1097 on: March 22, 2015, 10:01:12 AM

I'm not surprised PWE is having layoffs. Aside from STO and possibly Neverwinter, every one of their games is generic anime cockfantasy crap.

Hic sunt dracones.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1098 on: March 27, 2015, 11:03:07 AM

I'm not surprised PWE is having layoffs. Aside from STO and possibly Neverwinter, every one of their games is generic anime cockfantasy crap.

STO and Neverwinter were doing well last time I heard. There's been some gnashing of teeth over how STO is going since tier 6 ships were introduced but I haven't noticed a major drop in players or anything and let's face it, people on MMO forums are always going to whine and complain about something.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1099 on: April 13, 2015, 09:21:30 AM

Last week, STO introduced Delta Recruits. Basically a form of self-twinking and accelerated experience. They've even got an in-game logic to it which makes sense as you're visiting yourself in the past and helping yourself advance quicker in an effort to get everyone up to speed to fight the Iconians.

The practical side of it is that you blow through levels well before you blow through content. I started a Rom and a Fed as Deltas and they're at level 40 before I've even gotten out of the basic storyline.

And did I mention The Iconians are coming? They've done a really good job of tying up some of those loose ends in episodes of TNG, DS9 and Voyager that never went anywhere and always pissed me off.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1100 on: April 21, 2015, 02:57:31 PM

And issue 10 is out. They made each sector of space a big zone. I wonder what it will do to the race around the galaxy thing like.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1101 on: April 22, 2015, 02:58:41 AM

I think 1/4 of Tom Paris's lines were recorded over the telephone, which actually might make him sound better. Cause he phoned in the delivery either way.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1102 on: April 25, 2015, 06:51:37 PM

One of the reasons I'm not enthused about loading this up is that I could not stand Voyager. I'd have to have the audio off while playing the missions.

Hic sunt dracones.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1103 on: October 23, 2015, 11:06:59 PM

The just finished up the whole Iconian storyline and the next even drops in five days. Supposed to be Mirror Universe stuff. Also they are giving away freebies every day this week. Was 12 inventory slots per character yesterday, is a gamma doff set today. Also log in and grab a free back to the future hoverboard.

Also, someone with higher roles than me log in and promote Rina or Kimani so they can change tasks in the starbase. I accidentally left with one of my higher characters and screwed myself.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1104 on: October 25, 2015, 11:08:31 AM

Promoted.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1105 on: November 05, 2015, 05:58:47 PM

It's a DIL weekend if you want to get 100% and 50% bonus dil. Also they are running an event for a rifle and 50K dil.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1106 on: November 05, 2015, 06:06:19 PM

Also having a $100 off lifetime membership sale. That brings it down to the $200 range again.

I'm so lost as to what's going on. I haven't played since the Dyson Sphere was new. Now I'm doing Delta Quadrant stuff and there's 4 whole factions I know nothing about.

All I DO know is the Vaardwaar are kicking my little Romulan ass all over the place and I have nothing to stop them. Evidently Purple Tier XII gear and 45% resist to their damage type isn't enough.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #1107 on: April 12, 2016, 10:55:19 AM

A new patch brings a revamp to the skill system.  No idea how it plays out, or how to min/max it.

Also, giveaways for logging in this week.  Today's is 12 inventory slots.  Log in, got to the ZEN store, go to the promotions tab, claim your 12 slots!

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1108 on: April 12, 2016, 01:53:44 PM

I'm tempted but the revamp of combat has really killed my desire to login. Same problem all MMOs run in to, they serve the hardcore forum warriors so those who had a casual enjoyment are fucked.

This game even had difficulty levels built-in and they went and screwed with base-level combat. No, I don't want to L2p. I want to login, play on "noob level/ no 'wounds" and kill shit. Forcing me to research a build, grind credits/ dilithium, hunt-down gear then optimize skills, BOFFs etc so I can run noob missions? Nah, I'll just avoid your game and your cash shop instead.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1109 on: April 16, 2016, 06:12:58 AM

How many revamps to the skill system has there been at this point?

Anyway yeah. When I played I generally played at the Elite level just as a personal challenge but I never EVER insulted anyone for playing on easy. In fact I encouraged people to do so when I was chatting in groups if that's what they enjoyed.

And yeah the "Elite" forum fuckery in that game was fucking awful even back then. The Klingons in particular were among the biggest crybabies of all time. I remember having an argument with one guy who insisted that all the Klingon ships were crap and the reason the Klingons won all PVP matches was due to skill. He then made the bald statement that "If all the cash shop Klingon ships were not fucking terrible people would buy more, Look at the Orion Marauder!" Unfortunately I owned the Marauder, and I compared it to the Fed heavy cruiser. It was totally inferior apart from Hull, shields, power, crew, manoeuvring and speed. Oh and the Marauder carried Fighters. So, aside from every single stat & hanger capacity and , the marauder was totally inferior to a Fed Cruiser.

Unfortunately, forum peeveepee works because the shitlords are willing to invest time into hammering away at forums, and it fucks up every game. I honestly dont know how combat was revamped, but I remember it being nearly perfect before this, exactly the right feel.

Hic sunt dracones.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1110 on: April 16, 2016, 01:05:22 PM

The only real combat revamp I've noticed was in STFs and they've tweaked it a few times trying to get the right balance. I've noticed very little change in day to day missions.

The skill revamp is basically just a massive simplifying of skills. They're basically in "trees" now and you just click your way down the tree. I felt it was a lot better explained than the old system was as well with tooltips that said "this will do X for you." that were pretty clear.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1111 on: April 16, 2016, 09:09:42 PM

The failure conditions to the elite STF's and the huge exp nerf past the original content and AA's made it turn from the most alt friendly game into a play one character only game.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1112 on: May 12, 2016, 12:49:20 PM

I just got an email this is coming to consoles in the fall.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1113 on: May 16, 2016, 11:57:58 PM

They also have a new pack coming out set in the original series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE0PARmn6x0

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1114 on: May 18, 2016, 04:00:53 AM

Time Travel. It always improves a story.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Hic sunt dracones.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1115 on: May 18, 2016, 05:33:57 AM

Funnily enough in Star Trek it often did. One of the rare exceptions.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1116 on: May 18, 2016, 09:11:13 PM

Time Travel. It always improves a story.  Ohhhhh, I see.

One of the reasons why Star Wars will always be better than Star Trek.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1117 on: May 19, 2016, 12:42:26 AM

I'll never understand why people ever compare them. They came out in different eras, told very different stories and characters, use very different kind of equipment and vehicles/vessels and are don't even take place in the same space. They are/were both fantastic, and both with plenty of highs and lows. Easier to compare Star Wars to Lord of the Rings than Star Trek anyway.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1118 on: May 19, 2016, 05:18:43 AM

I'll never understand why people ever compare them.

It's like you've never talked to a geek before. Obsessive personalities with a severe insecurity complex? Of course they're going to be compared and judged.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1119 on: May 19, 2016, 11:35:00 AM

Come on guys. One has a TV holiday special, about 2 and a half good movies and about 6 terrible ones, with several so so Animated series, a mix of good and terrible computer games, and lots and lots of terrible fiction which lead to the EU. And the other is several so so TV series, with 2 and a half good movies and 8 terrible ones, with one so so Animated series, a mix of good and terrible computer games, and lots and lots of terrible fiction. They are so different.

Yes I'm counting the classic Ewok movies that people generally look uncomfortable about and shuffle away from.

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Star Trek Online : A New and Unbroken Thread!  
Jump to: