Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:45:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: F2P NDA is down. Dish. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: F2P NDA is down. Dish.  (Read 35344 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #105 on: September 14, 2010, 01:08:25 PM

The shared wardrobe slot thing is on sale now for 795 instead of 995.

Doesn't matter since I still only have 210 TP.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: September 14, 2010, 02:08:24 PM

Only the first unlock. There are multiple ones. I believe it goes up in price each time, but I'd have to log in to be sure.

I don't foresee myself needing more than ten of those slots.  I used one slot to store my pimp hat and dye it so my hunter could share in the awesome.  That's pretty much it.  I shelled out primarily because it was discounted and on the off chance that I'll have some sort of need for it down the road after I'm out of VIP status, as that's one of the few things that are totally locked-off if you aren't in VIP.  Now I'm waiting for shared storage to go on sale.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #107 on: September 14, 2010, 03:21:45 PM

The confusion comes from having a Day One Sale that wasn't really publicized.

Or mentioned anywhere that it was a sale. I don't think it was. I think it was "damn these are popular - jack up the price - quick!"

If I still have my points and the "sale" is still on when I get home,  why so serious?  I'll buy them. I have to go to work.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #108 on: September 14, 2010, 03:42:40 PM

It was a sale I am pretty sure - if you sorted the store with the "Special Offers" first or whatever on that first day, all that stuff that went up in price later was there.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: September 14, 2010, 07:05:04 PM

All I've bought so far is the shared storage and it's sooooo worth it!  Waiting on my VIP points before I jump back into the store though.  Not a lot in there that's really tempting me though.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #110 on: September 15, 2010, 01:46:09 AM

On day 1, before I got my turbine points, and things were on sale, you could get a bank upgrade (15 slots) for 150tp.
Today it's 695tp
10 Shared storage slots is still 995tp
Moria goat is still 9.95tp

they can shove their piece of shit game shop up their arses along with their grind-o-riffic game, the way I'm feeling right now. I'd be less bitter if I didnt feel like I was fucked over with their bullshit pretend sale coinciding with "oops, we'll get you your TP soon, shortly, for reals.  Ohhhhh, I see. "

Not that they give a fuck. they already got my lifetime sub money. 

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: September 15, 2010, 02:09:01 AM

On day 1, before I got my turbine points, and things were on sale, you could get a bank upgrade (15 slots) for 150tp.
Today it's 695tp

Are you sure you're not just looking on or thinking about different characters?  On the characters I just looked on the prices for +15 Vault Space were: 295 (or ~700s, up to 60 slots), 395 (or ~2g, up to 75 slots), and 495 (or ~4g, up to 90 slots).

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #112 on: September 15, 2010, 02:55:01 AM

Hm yeah it might be dependent on how many bank slot expansion you already bought in game, should be easy enough to test.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: September 15, 2010, 04:23:29 AM

Yeah, they get more expensive the more you buy. This sounds like user error to me.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #114 on: September 15, 2010, 05:09:45 AM

Nope, I was on my main, since my wife's mains and I were the only characters I logged onto that day - specifically to buy vault space with our non-existent TP. But sure, it must be my fault. I'm sure Turbine could never fuck up Ohhhhh, I see.

In other news, the store is still advertising "the first ten" wardrobe spaces, despite the fact that I already have them since I'm a "VIP". That's probably user error as well.  awesome, for real

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: September 15, 2010, 06:26:39 AM

I'd unknot your knickers there, hoss. Nobody else has seen this behavior and I can't find anything on the forums about it. Eliminating user error is the first thing anyone would tell you to do.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: September 15, 2010, 09:38:17 AM

All I've bought so far is the shared storage and it's sooooo worth it!  Waiting on my VIP points before I jump back into the store though.  Not a lot in there that's really tempting me though.

Bank, Shared, and Wardrobe slots are next on my agenda. I bought the +10 stat books for might and vitality on my champ. I figured survival and hitting harder would be nice. :) I may pick up agility later except I'm not sure it's all that useful for a champ even if I do run in ardour and not glory or umm...the stance that says "please beat on me, oh, and healers? No need to bother healing me." I totally blanked on the name.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #117 on: September 15, 2010, 09:49:36 AM

Fervour. It used to be a great tanking stance, then the incoming healing nerf and damage reduction came in.

And yeah, it's the first 10 expansion slots to the wardrobe, and even with fluctuating TP, I'm not seeing the same problems as grumpybritches there. You obviously don't like the game from all your bitching, ehy do you play?
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: September 15, 2010, 11:31:31 AM

I don't mind giving them eight or ten bucks for a one-time unlock of features.  I handed them fifty bucks for the 6900 points under the theory that it's what I'd be paying for the box anyways.  500 more points for Moria's VIP month and a steady income of 40ish points a day from deeds and I'm doing pretty peachy in that department, so I won't be tearing my hair out over paying for shared bank slots.  If the unlocks were all temporary, then I'd be much more inclined to tell them to shove it.  The points I have suffice to unlock all of the areas and the convenience extras like wardrobe and shared space, and then I play free from that point on.  It's a sufficiently okay deal.

Of course, that being said, I specifically chose teleporting classes so I could do without horse rentals.  Life without paying for horse tokens would probably be less cozy as any class who'd have to walk everywhere.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #119 on: September 15, 2010, 05:43:49 PM

I'd unknot your knickers there, hoss. Nobody else has seen this behavior and I can't find anything on the forums about it. Eliminating user error is the first thing anyone would tell you to do.

Do you want a screenshot of the "first ten" wardrobe spaces? I'm pretty sure that one will still be up, since it's been like that from the beginning for whatever reason. I'm simply pointing out that they have made several fuckups so far, and so it fits the pattern.

In other news, I think it's time for me to stop playing this game for awhile so perhaps I can come back again with some interest in a few months. I've heard that you still have to log in at least once a month to remain entitled to your 500 VIP tps. Anyone got confirmation on that?

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: September 16, 2010, 02:46:16 AM

Fervour. It used to be a great tanking stance, then the incoming healing nerf and damage reduction came in.

ACK!

Well shit! This is where I've been going wrong.

I am in serious need of a good "Champion 101" guide - been far too long since I played it properly.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: September 16, 2010, 02:59:02 AM

500 more points for Moria's VIP month...

As I understand it (and bearing in mind that I'm in Europe so we don't got no F2P yet) you can still redeem the codes from the boxes onto your account. Which means if you're already a Premium player without Moria then you can upgrade to Moria by spending $10 at Amazon for the xpac itself (rather than 2500TP or whatever in the store).

If you're F2P then you can get Shadows of Angmar for $2.86 from Amazon and get the 30 days VIP access that comes with.  So if you can catass your way through the first lot of zones through to Evendim or (further) then you can get all the TPs from deeds and the 500 from the months access and buy the quest packs you need for the last zone or two before Moria - which, of course, you just bought for $10.

Or something.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: F2P NDA is down. Dish.  
Jump to: