Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:53:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Warhammer ends quarter with 300,000 paying subscibers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warhammer ends quarter with 300,000 paying subscibers  (Read 333902 times)
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: February 16, 2009, 05:56:45 AM

He's not Chinese, he just speaks it.  I believe he's from the USA but lives in Taiwan.  It's 100% definitely the same person, his email address from f13 gave the vn post as the first google hit, that's why I quoted it in the first post, so tracking him wasn't in any way difficult.  I never expected him to be crazy enough to deny it though.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Hah, nice.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: February 16, 2009, 06:11:20 AM

Once again, a thread relating to Warhammer Online gets derailed and ends up more interesting that the original topic!

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #142 on: February 16, 2009, 06:20:50 AM

Ugh, you could'nt have just kept quite while he posted some more gems could you? way to go spoil my day. Had great expectations from our visitor. Next time, just keep quite, giggling to yourself and after we've wrung all the fun from them, THEN go TA-DAA! Gotcha!

He's still posting, if you want to follow him around.

I'd agree that he certainly won't post here again though.
Unless he's real crazy, crazy enough to get trolled by the single sentence above.

Edit Changed linked thread to the user profile, his recent thread about 300,000 WAR subs in the RVR forum has been deleted, if you scroll down it still lists the missing thread as Tianzi, Thread deleted by Tharik, Reason: Intent to provoke
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 08:22:19 AM by Arthur_Parker »
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: February 16, 2009, 07:00:09 AM

Tianzi can also translate to 'thejeni' in Cantonese.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: February 16, 2009, 07:29:03 AM

Ah.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: February 16, 2009, 03:26:15 PM

So was he banned from f13 or are we just assuming he's so embarrassed that he's never going to post here again?

I wouldn't ban him from f13 if I were you, you don't want an class action lawsuit against you.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #146 on: February 16, 2009, 03:30:53 PM

Wasn't banned. Posts from banned users show as posts from guests.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #147 on: February 16, 2009, 04:03:39 PM

Wasn't banned, just pwned hard several times. Next stage will be coming back under a different account or returning to defend Mythic during their next break with reality. 

schild
Administrator

Reply #148 on: February 16, 2009, 04:56:21 PM

Wasn't banned. Posts from banned users show as posts from guests.
Wrong, those are users that are just outright deleted.

And no, he wasn't banned.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #149 on: February 16, 2009, 06:31:10 PM

He's not a regular. He's been registered since 2004 and made 7 posts, 3 of which are in this thread.  I imagine he'll wander by sometime again and post something pithy that he thinks settles things on his terms and makes us all out to be asses.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #150 on: February 16, 2009, 10:50:07 PM

Meh, we don't need some fly-by-nighter to make us out to be asses...  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: February 17, 2009, 07:17:47 AM

He's not a regular. He's been registered since 2004 and made 7 posts, 3 of which are in this thread.  I imagine he'll wander by sometime again and post something pithy that he thinks settles things on his terms and makes us all out to be asses.

We're not?

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #152 on: February 17, 2009, 07:48:57 AM

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more.

Quote from: TianZi
Well, semi-retired. I am still a licensed member of the Virginia State Bar, and also have a license from the Taiwan Ministry of Justice to practice foreign and international law on an independent basis in that country (I live in Taipei). I don't do that much actual work now, that's all. It certainly beats being obese, and working 12+ hour days under enormous pressure 6 or even 7 days a week, and that was me, day after day, year after year, until a couple of years ago--I was well on my way to an early grave like many other members of my family.

I read voraciously, play chess, and try to maintain proficiency in Mandarin Chinese, all of which are good for my mind.

Another post on the same forum

Quote from: TianZi
Let's see if I understand this correctly.

So you believe I'd enhance the bioavailability of my 500mg Biotivia Transmax resveratrol by simply cutting open the resveratrol capsule, cutting open my soy lecithin capsules, mixing the contents of both in a glass of water, and then drinking the water on an empty stomach? That's the "liquid suspension"?

By the way, do you have a link handy to the article in Nature magazine in which Sirtris discloses some details of their proprietary resveratrol formulation?

Confused?  You shouldn't be when you consider that the forum in question is ImmInst.org, Immortality Institute - Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans.

The Immortality Institute (ImmInst.org) is an international, not-for-profit, membership-based organization ("501-3-c status" in the United States).

Its mission is "to conquer the blight of involuntary death".

DRILLING AND MANLINESS  No wonder he's so interested in mmorpg's, playing them requires lots of time and he's got plenty.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #153 on: February 17, 2009, 07:55:49 AM

So he's SirBruce if Bruce had become a lawyer?

Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: February 17, 2009, 08:34:10 AM

The Immortality Institute (ImmInst.org) is an international, not-for-profit, membership-based organization ("501-3-c status" in the United States).

Its mission is "to conquer the blight of involuntary death".

I'm cringing at this "About" page.  It's like someone with only a basic grasp of science but a big imagination threw some words together and called it a day.

raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: February 17, 2009, 10:05:54 AM

Best line:

" Okay, well you sound like one strong impressive guy.  "

Maybe it's just how I'm hearing it in my head. It has a lovely green ring to it.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: February 17, 2009, 10:08:16 AM

Haha wow. It's a Portal of Evil exhibit come to life right here. So awesome.
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: February 17, 2009, 10:55:52 AM

TIANZI JOINED THE DARK SIDE?!
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: February 17, 2009, 11:26:08 AM

Resveratrol is a phytoalexin produced naturally by several plants when under attack by pathogens such as bacteria or fungi. Resveratrol has also been produced by chemical synthesis[1] and is sold as a nutritional supplement derived primarily from Japanese knotweed. In mouse and rat experiments, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, blood-sugar-lowering, chelating and other beneficial cardiovascular effects of resveratrol have been reported. Most of these results have yet to be replicated in humans. In the only positive human trial, extremely high doses (3–5 g) of resveratrol in a special proprietary formulation have been necessary to significantly lower blood sugar.

Heart Wikipedia
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #159 on: February 17, 2009, 12:11:29 PM

I... Wow... Errr...

Amazing.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: February 17, 2009, 01:07:57 PM

Yeah well, he'll still be around to make stupid posts on random internet forums long after the lot of you are dead.  Mark my words!  why so serious?

Over and out.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: February 17, 2009, 05:54:17 PM

Yeah well, he'll still be around to make stupid posts on random internet forums long after the lot of you are dead.  Mark my words!  why so serious?

If Internet forums are a sign of the decline of civilization, why do I want to be around?

waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: March 09, 2009, 12:04:08 PM

From Mark today

Then you should be very surprised this morning. happy EA reported that our sub numbers were at about 300K recently. I can also happily say that that we are not at 100K and we are doing just fine. If our subs had truly dropped from 300K in Dec. to 100K now, that would indeed be bad. Good thing they didn't eh?

Oh, and the whole 1.2 resulted in people quitting thing. Not according to the numbers I've looking at (and this doesn't take into account new subs from the trials) today.

Sorry to spoil a nice "Sky is falling" thread but...

Mark

I don't believe for a second that they have 300k subs currently, unless by 'recently' he means 3 months ago.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #163 on: March 09, 2009, 12:07:47 PM

Another useless post from Mark.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #164 on: March 09, 2009, 12:18:56 PM

Games can die for players very quickly.  But games as businesses take longer to die.  SWG was the best example of this -- game balancing issues, bugs, and a player base that largely got pissed off and left over successive changes.  And while "dead" SWG is still there.  WAR seems identical. 

But I bet with WAR it will quite awhile before 1) there are changes like an increase in XP that people want, or 2) it's really publicly in trouble (e.g. AoC).  It's gonna limp along for at least 2009, unless EA tanks.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #165 on: March 09, 2009, 01:05:34 PM

Well given that UO is still around, as long as EA manages Mythic staffing levels and expenses, I don't see why they would shut it down.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: March 09, 2009, 01:11:10 PM

From Mark today

Then you should be very surprised this morning. happy EA reported that our sub numbers were at about 300K recently. I can also happily say that that we are not at 100K and we are doing just fine. If our subs had truly dropped from 300K in Dec. to 100K now, that would indeed be bad. Good thing they didn't eh?

Oh, and the whole 1.2 resulted in people quitting thing. Not according to the numbers I've looking at (and this doesn't take into account new subs from the trials) today.

Sorry to spoil a nice "Sky is falling" thread but...

Mark

I don't believe for a second that they have 300k subs currently, unless by 'recently' he means 3 months ago.

Semantics is the last refuge of the scoundrel.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: March 09, 2009, 04:38:56 PM

So Mark's 'happy' they are at 300k when he previously said the game would have to retain 500k subs to be considered a success?

Does this then mean that he's happy his own game is not a success?

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #168 on: March 09, 2009, 06:01:45 PM

Means he's happy the game stopping hemorrhaging subs.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #169 on: March 09, 2009, 06:23:31 PM

Means he's happy the game stopping hemorrhaging subs.
He didn't say they weren't, just that they haven't dropped below 100K yet.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: March 09, 2009, 06:30:23 PM

Glad to know that they are only merging servers because they are so much better at handling concurrent users.  It's a shame they couldn't have optimized that before they bought all those launch servers and hired all that extra launch support staff.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #171 on: March 09, 2009, 06:42:31 PM

He didn't say they weren't, just that they haven't dropped below 100K yet.

Hemmhorraging =/= losing. Impossible to lose 500k subs again for now, so, whatever the rate they're losing, it's slower than what it previously was. Hyperbole is serious bzns. The hemmorhage didn't stop because the wound healed, it stopped because there's barely any blood left. Body's still bleeding, it simply isn't gushing.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 06:47:21 PM by Itto »

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #172 on: March 09, 2009, 08:30:20 PM

Well given that UO is still around, as long as EA manages Mythic staffing levels and expenses, I don't see why they would shut it down.

UO doesn't have what I'm sure is onerus licsensing fees to a blood sucking sack of shit company like Games Workshop either.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #173 on: March 09, 2009, 08:31:52 PM

That's true.
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: March 09, 2009, 11:42:56 PM

Aaaaaaaaand we go from a post where mark says subs are fine to:
The planned closing and merging of 43 servers.

Amazing. You really can't make this stuff up.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Warhammer ends quarter with 300,000 paying subscibers  
Jump to: