Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:43:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Ironman- The Movie 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ironman- The Movie  (Read 128684 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #420 on: May 21, 2008, 05:50:25 AM

It's times like these that people should really listen to the wisdom of Joel Hodgson.
I certainly wish I'd listened to Joel Hodgson.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
WayAbvPar

Reply #421 on: May 21, 2008, 07:41:47 AM

But what if I don't want to really just relax?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #422 on: May 23, 2008, 02:52:00 AM

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige recently revealed a few details about the Thor and Cap movies.

Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios, confirmed that the upcoming The First Avenger: Captain America will be a World War II period piece, like the comic book on which it is based, and he shot down a rumor that Matthew McConaughey was in line to play the hero.

Feige, speaking to online journalists at Universal Studios on May 21, added that Captain America would help set up the eventual Avengers movie, which follows six weeks later. (Feige also confirmed what many fans have speculated: that the star-shaped object in Tony Stark's workshop in Iron Man is indeed part of Cap's famous shield.)

Feige also talked about the upcoming Thor movie, confirming that it will take place mostly in Asgard, the mythical Norse realm of the gods, and not in the contemporary real world. "The film is not all Asgard, but it will be a big chunk in Asgard, yeah," Feige said.

Feige promised an announcement about a director for Thor "later this summer." Mark Protosevich (The Cell) is drafting a script, which should be submitted in a couple of weeks, he added.

Feige also confirmed release dates for Marvel's future slate of superhero movies: Iron Man 2 on April 30, 2010; Thor on June 4, 2010; The First Avenger: Captain America on May 6, 2011; and The Avengers on July 1, 2011.

As for a second Iron Man movie, Feige said that talks are underway with director Jon Favreau to return and that he hopes to wrap them up soon.

Feige is also producing a Runaways movie, which BKV is currently writing the screenplay for.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #423 on: May 24, 2008, 06:54:41 PM

Thor is a very good case where filmmakers should resist the temptation to be "true to the comics". Unless we're talking the Simonson stuff.  awesome, for real For the love of god tho, just leave out the thee and thou bits.

That's pretty much the only thing I ever liked about Millar. (course, I think I only read about 2 issues of Ultimates and about 4 issues of The Authority).
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #424 on: May 31, 2008, 09:21:32 PM

Finally saw it. The landing in the sand from the escape sequence was the only thing that bothered me. Other then that. Excellent movie.

Was tempted to go to Indy after it, but... I didn't want to spoil an excellent movie going experience with something that wouldn't be equally good.

WayAbvPar

Reply #425 on: June 02, 2008, 01:57:03 PM

Indy isn't as bad as it was made to sound, but Ironman definitely kicks its ass.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: June 02, 2008, 09:24:44 PM

Fucking Aliens ruined the whole damn flick for me.  Fuck Lucas in the ass.  They went form Judaism to Hinduism to Christianity to fucking Scientology.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #427 on: June 02, 2008, 09:34:02 PM

I know this is the Iron Man thread but, Gene Shalit say Indy Jones IV is a 'spectacular winner'. Fuck Yeah! lulz. My cousin just arrived back in the States and we decided to see what was playing at the theaters. All the screens were flooded with Indy so we left and had a beer a local bar instead. I've waited too long to be facefucked by something Gene Shalit likes. Maybe the next one will be worth seeing.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: June 08, 2008, 05:48:12 AM

Stark comes home, someone's bypassed security, that someone is standing in the living room looking out the window, says "I'm Ironman, huh?", you already know who it is by that point, but he turns around to slowly reveal Samual Jackson, and announces himself as the head of "The Avengers"... presumably to talk about a job wink

Actually he's head of S.H.I.E.L.D., and says he wants to talk to Stark about the Avengers Initiative after he tells Stark that there are other heroes out there.

Ah, noted smiley

Quote from: Trippy
In the comic book they were only (very) slowly moving towards his heart

They ever explain why a guy who could create this level of tech with duct tape and bailing wire couldn't figure out how to remove the stupid things? wink Serious question though: were these things in his body for the entirety of his comic book career?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #429 on: June 08, 2008, 05:50:09 AM

Quote from: Trippy
In the comic book they were only (very) slowly moving towards his heart
They ever explain why a guy who could create this level of tech with duct tape and bailing wire couldn't figure out how to remove the stupid things? wink Serious question though: were these things in his body for the entirety of his comic book career?
No, they were later removed as you would expect.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #430 on: June 08, 2008, 08:46:45 AM

Ah schweet. Thx.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #431 on: June 11, 2008, 02:26:45 AM

Already potential problems for Iron Man 2.  First, Favreau, isn't sure that an April 2010 release is realistic.

It’s been five weeks since the one and only phone call my reps have gotten from Marvel. I know their hands are full with the Hulk and I’m sure they will get into it shortly, as they tell me they intend to. I ran into the Marvel guys at the Hulk premiere and everyone sounded eager to get to work on IM2.

I am concerned, however, about the announced release date of April 2010. Neither Robert nor I were consulted about this and we are both concerned about how realistic the date is in light of the fact that we have no script, story or even writers hired yet. This genre of movie is best when it is done thoughtfully and with plenty of preparation. It might be better to follow the BB/DK, X/X2 three year release pattern than to scramble for a date. It is difficult because there are no Marvel 09 releases and they need product, but I also think we owe it to the fans to have a great version of IM2 and, at this point, we would have less time to make it than the first one.

Second, comes rumors that Marvel Studios might not be willing to pay enough to get Favreau back.

Marvel Studios is sitting on top of the world with the recent success of Iron Man so far taking in over $535 million in worldwide box office receipts. So why hasn’t Marvel locked in Jon Favreau to direct the sequel Iron Man 2?

It's been known since the release of Iron Man that director Jon Favreau had not yet been officially signed on to direct Iron Man 2. Kevin Feige during our edit bay visit of the Incredible Hulk mentioned that they were in negotiations, several producers have confirmed the same to several different news outlets, so the question is why isn't he locked in yet?

About a week ago, the IESB was tipped off by a junior source at Marvel Studios that there had been some delays with Jon's negotiations regarding the sequel. When asked why I was told that Marvel and Favreau hadn't been able to come to terms regarding money.

At first I thought my source was full of shit and I dismissed it as a rumor. This last Friday I was contacted by another source at Marvel and this one, let's just say, is much higher up on the food chain, and told me that the chairman of Marvel Studios David Maisel who has been in charge of negotiating new terms with Favreau is being cheap and not willing to pay a fair directors' fee.

Favreau was a bargain to begin with, he is after all a fairly new director even though he has had several commercially successful films under his belt when he was brought aboard Iron Man for a steal.

Don't know exact numbers but I am sure that it wasn’t a Michael Bay/Brett Ratner/Bryan Singer paycheck. He had to prove himself after all and looking at what the box office and DVD sales are going to bring in, around $750-800 million, I'd say he did his job well, very well.

So according to our source at Marvel, Jon was expecting a moderate bump in his fee for the sequel but apparently Marvel has other plans.

Our source continues that Maisel believes Iron Man 2 will be a success regardless of Favreau's involvement and feels the studio does not need to pay Jon a higher fee for his services.

This is the most disappointing news that I have heard coming out of Hollywood in years, is Marvel out of their Vulcan mind?

So bottom line, Jon Favreau has not been locked in to direct Iron Man 2 for the simple reason that Marvel is being cheap - this is 100% accurate folks, no bullshit.

This is completely disheartening. Iron Man was the first real Marvel production on their own two feet and Favreau came through like a champ. He gave credibility to the studio, hell, I'd even say he MADE the studio.

If that movie had bombed and he hadn't done his job right Marvel wouldn't be making the plans for the future like they are now. They would be going back to making films with other studio partners like they always have.

It's time for Marvel to return the favor - give the guy his fee (which I hear is the regular standard director's fee, no more), bring him back and kick some ass with IRON MAN 2!

I've contacted Marvel Studios who quickly asked us to contact their publicists over at Principal Communication Group for comment.

In regards to the March production start date that Terrence Howard talked about in his interview with Military.com, Paul Pflug from Principal Communications gave us a standard "no comment."

So what about Jon coming back to direct Iron Man 2?

The official statement is that they are still negotiating with Favreau.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: June 11, 2008, 05:07:26 AM

If true, that's totally ridiculous.

Which suggests to me it's true.

Ohhhhh, I see.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: June 11, 2008, 07:41:25 AM

If true, that's totally ridiculous.

Which suggests to me it's true.
They did it with Singer and we ended up with X-Men 3.  It's not hard to believe at all.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #434 on: June 11, 2008, 08:55:27 AM

Indeed.

X-Men 3, however, didn't exist.

We thought it existed for a while, but now it's being investigated by Top Men.

Top.  Men.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #435 on: June 11, 2008, 08:59:11 AM

For the first time ever, I'm glad your back, hehe.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #436 on: June 11, 2008, 09:59:37 AM

Well, I'm glad you finally came around to the sycophantic worship that is me.

Ohhhhh, I see.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #437 on: June 11, 2008, 10:39:34 AM

If they don't put Favreau back in the director's chair, that will shitcan their movies for years to come. Nobody good is going to want to sign deals with them knowing they'll be expected to work for peanuts no matter how successful the project is. We'll go back to Marvel films being directed by Mark Steven Johnson.

Fucking idiots.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: June 11, 2008, 01:47:47 PM

If they don't put Favreau back in the director's chair, that will shitcan their movies for years to come. Nobody good is going to want to sign deals with them knowing they'll be expected to work for peanuts no matter how successful the project is. We'll go back to Marvel films being directed by Mark Steven Johnson.

Fucking idiots.

is RDJ locked into the sequel? I'd love to see him decline IM2 is favreau isn't brought back.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #439 on: June 11, 2008, 02:34:05 PM

That's exactly the type of thing he'd do too.

I'd drink to that.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #440 on: June 11, 2008, 07:17:30 PM

Fucking idiots.

Exactly right. Hell, at this point, they should be seen to be rewarding Favereau to attract more directors to their studio.

Who'd have thought the way Marvel treats its talent would make its way over to the movie side of the business?

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #441 on: July 14, 2008, 10:38:23 PM

Y'know.... Well... I guess there's no shame in admitting this, since I payed to see this once, but I got a good cam version of this and I keep on watching it and watching it (and I'll get a BD too, no doubt). It'll go down as the best of the best. Favreau's cockteasing on action was a good move, after all. It just works better that way.

On a sidenote, I think Terence Howard is me when I'm not drunk, and RDJ is me when I AM drunk.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: July 15, 2008, 06:43:31 PM

When you listen to Coldplay, are you like Pepper Potts?

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #443 on: July 15, 2008, 06:46:19 PM

Yes, I think so actually..
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #444 on: July 20, 2008, 04:37:05 AM

"Do you know how I know you're gay?"
"How?"
"You listen to Coldplay."
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #445 on: July 21, 2008, 10:06:21 PM

Shit, I thought it was because I like Pete Burns.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #446 on: January 08, 2009, 02:04:33 AM

Mickey Rourke is supposedly in talks to play Crimson Dynamo.  Sam Rockwell is also in talks for a role which some sites are reporting is Justin Hammer.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #447 on: January 08, 2009, 02:19:28 AM

Man, I hope that's true.

I was thinking earlier that this "latter day" Rourke has a pretty cool niche, if he's lucky. He's a big dude -- but yet, he can act. There isn't anyone else like that really.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #448 on: January 08, 2009, 03:56:50 PM

Sam Rockwell can also be an awesome actor in the right role. Rouke has talent to burn (and it's a real pity he's done just that in so many bad films).

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #449 on: January 10, 2009, 05:29:42 PM

I got this on BluRay for xmas, its still twice the movie Batman was, no lie.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #450 on: January 11, 2009, 03:51:50 PM

I was thinking earlier that this "latter day" Rourke has a pretty cool niche, if he's lucky. He's a big dude -- but yet, he can act. There isn't anyone else like that really.
Tom Selleck.
Jimmy Smits.
Ron Perlman.
Michael Clarke Duncan.  Ohhhhh, I see.
That fellow who did the Machete trailer in Grindhouse.  why so serious?

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #451 on: January 12, 2009, 12:13:19 AM

I don't mean just tall or somewhat built. Lots of tall actors. I mean big as in frame and muscular, like a boxer. Only Michael Clark Duncan qualifies there. But when I say big and can act, I mean "I don't need to play in a sappy human interest story, be a schizo mathematician, or a holocaust survivor to get praise. I can play a Wrestler and still get awards for it." I don't think Selleck, Duncan, or Smits are those kind of actors. Heh

Perlman's great, but he's not as big as his Hellboy costume... But perhaps that's a fair enough comparison. Not a lot of guys like Rourke OR Perlman then.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #452 on: January 12, 2009, 08:58:14 AM

Perlman is pretty goddamn big.

Also, Danny Trejo is fucking BUILT for a 64-year-old.  IIRC he was in fact a boxer in a past life.

Also also, how come nobody's mentioned The Rock?   why so serious?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:01:53 AM by Samwise »

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #453 on: January 12, 2009, 09:30:38 AM

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #454 on: January 12, 2009, 09:39:49 AM

Have you guys not watched many Rourke movies or something? He's a character actor, just as good as Oldman or Daniel Day Lewis. Tom Selleck and Danny Trejo do not qualify.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Ironman- The Movie  
Jump to: