Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:42:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Ironman- The Movie 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ironman- The Movie  (Read 130055 times)
Broughden
Terracotta Army

I put the 'shill' in 'cockmonkey'.

on: May 24, 2006, 09:54:03 PM

Heard it here first? Didnt see this mentioned anywhere else on F13 (yes I used the search function), so I thought I would post it.

Tonight on the Jimmy Kimmel Show, John Favreau said he is set to direct the new Ironman movie. John said it is the first movie being self-financed and produced by Marvel Comics. The script is still being written and at this point no casting has been done yet.

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 10:09:10 PM

It was mentioned here, but Iron Man itself didn't get discussed much.  I guess I'm a little curious to see how the do the origin though.  I assume it won't involve Vietnam now, and I wonder if he'll build something simplistic at first like the original Iron Man armor or if he'll somehow manage to cobble together some state-of-the-art suit right away after taking some shrapnel to the chest.  I fully expect them to play up the whole alcoholic thing at least.

The other thing I'm wondering is who the hell the villain would be.  For several reason I don't think the Mandarin would be a wise choice.  Titanium Man maybe?  Spy Master?
Broughden
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 10:19:51 PM

I fully expect them to play up the whole alcoholic thing at least.

John mentioned the character being something of a "playboy" and said he expects to be able to insert a little humor with that. He also mentioned maybe transitioning from the earlier bulky suit to the later more refined version. He brought along a concept armor sketch done by his 4 year old son.

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 11:14:42 PM

They'll probably make him a Gulf War 1 vet.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 08:07:32 AM

That's what they did in the recent series I think. Not that he was a Gulf War vet, but that he got injured in the Gulf War and had to make the armor there.

Or I could be just projecting. I remember there being an updated origin, I just don't remember where. But really, Iron Man could be really good or really bad. Favreau is decent, I just don't know how he'll do with heavy effects-laden movies.

ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 05:56:32 PM

Tom Cruise was quite adamant about making this movie a few years back.  I'm just sayin'.
SpaceDrake
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 08:35:19 PM

Tom Cruise was quite adamant about making this movie a few years back.  I'm just sayin'.

Oh please GOD no. I'd prefer to not have Cruise inject his widening brand of insanity into an Iron Man movie. Leave it unspoilt, please.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 08:38:16 AM

Iron Man will fight off Xenu and Fin Fang Foom.

sarius
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 08:43:21 AM

Oh please GOD no. I'd prefer to not have Cruise inject his widening brand of insanity into an Iron Man movie. Leave it unspoilt, please.

Tom Cruise as Tony Stark?  That would be a sad day, indeed.

It's always our desire to control that leads to injustice and inequity. -- Mary Gordon
“Call it amnesty, call it a banana if you want to, but it’s earned citizenship.” -- John McCain (still learning English apparently)
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 10:56:36 PM

Eh... Cruise doesn't bother me too much.  At the least I could kinda picture him as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 09:03:02 AM

Fuck no. I'd rather have Jack Black as Green Latern than Tom Fucking Cruise.

But then I don't understand the history of Green Lantern rings.

sarius
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 11:32:04 AM

Green Latern -- (blonde) Matt Dillon

Iron Man/Tony Stark --- James Callis (with a hair cut)

It's always our desire to control that leads to injustice and inequity. -- Mary Gordon
“Call it amnesty, call it a banana if you want to, but it’s earned citizenship.” -- John McCain (still learning English apparently)
Broughden
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 03:20:48 PM

What about a younger Tom Selleck? The mustache and hair always reminded me of Ironman.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 03:34:11 PM

I'd be happy never to see Jack Black in another movie again.  I just don't find the guy funny.

I can't say I know much about the history of Green Lantern rings, but I know typically they're given out to people who "don't know fear", and that there's typically 1 or 2 Lanterns assigned to each sector of space.
sarius
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 05:33:42 PM

What about a younger Tom Selleck? The mustache and hair always reminded me of Ironman.

Yeah, but Tom isn't young anymore, and neither are we. :)

Broughden
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 05:41:54 PM

Yeah, but Tom isn't young anymore, and neither are we. :)

Dont remind me.  cry

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #16 on: June 01, 2006, 08:24:42 AM

I can't say I know much about the history of Green Lantern rings, but I know typically they're given out to people who "don't know fear", and that there's typically 1 or 2 Lanterns assigned to each sector of space.

I think you missed teh funney.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #17 on: June 01, 2006, 08:36:24 AM

Ok, I see where you were going with that now.  The whole Tom Cruise thing.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #18 on: June 01, 2006, 08:42:56 AM

Yeah, it only works on that one level.  :-D

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #19 on: June 01, 2006, 05:01:50 PM

You know, I wouldn't mind seeing Christopher Walken play Dr. Strange.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #20 on: June 01, 2006, 11:27:17 PM

By the......

Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth....

I am.....

The Sorcerer Supreme.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #21 on: June 01, 2006, 11:39:39 PM

Heh, I was thinking about that earlier.

Don't even try.

Walken doesn't translate to text right.  :-D

On a sidenote, did you know that he intentionally talks like that? When he was younger, he did it for the sole purpose of not getting his scenes chopped up.
Broughden
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 02, 2006, 01:32:00 AM

[Random Superhero A]: Dr.Strange will the spell stop the gates of hell opening onto our plane and releasing Mephisto?

[Dr. Strange]: Yes, but I think we need more cow bell.

sarius
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 02, 2006, 07:10:39 AM

Heh, I was thinking about that earlier.

Don't even try.

Walken doesn't translate to text right.  :-D

On a sidenote, did you know that he intentionally talks like that? When he was younger, he did it for the sole purpose of not getting his scenes chopped up.

"I'd love to do a character with a wife, a nice little house, a couple of kids, a dog, maybe a bit of singing, and no guns and no killing, but nobody offers me those kind of parts." -- Christopher Walken

roflcopter

Broughden
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 02, 2006, 12:44:42 PM

You know last time I was in New York I stood in my underwear at my hotel room window screaming at Christopher Walken and a film crew at 1am. Its an interesting story.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 02, 2006, 04:02:16 PM

Was he tap dancing too loudly in the lobby?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Broughden
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: June 02, 2006, 07:44:57 PM

Was he tap dancing too loudly in the lobby?
No they were filming his new thriller "We Own the Night" right outside my window. I had to be up at 4am and the racket being made was unbearable.

Llava
Contributor

Reply #27 on: June 02, 2006, 09:01:19 PM

That wasn't interesting.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Llava
Contributor

Reply #28 on: January 24, 2007, 09:12:39 PM

THANK YOU RED WARNING, I'M SURE I WANT TO REPLY!

Paltrow joins cast

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007, 04:13:35 AM

Not sure I understand. Do you think there's something wrong with Paltrow?

Again, this film will be great. Favreau is a geek and RDJ can do no wrong (err...acting wise hah).
Llava
Contributor

Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 07:41:57 AM

I didn't give an opinion, just posted the news.

There's a big red warning that appears if you try to post in a thread that hasn't received a reply in 120 days or more.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: January 25, 2007, 07:49:51 AM

Not sure I understand. Do you think there's something wrong with Paltrow?

Again, this film will be great. Favreau is a geek and RDJ can do no wrong (err...acting wise hah).

I love RDJ, but he is my biggest worry about this movie. He just doesn't fit my vision of Ironman. That said, back in the day, Michael Keaton pleasantly surprised me as Batman so maybe there's hope.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #32 on: January 25, 2007, 09:00:02 AM

I admit he's a bit quirky, and like Keaton, kind of known for being a comedic actor...But he can do it. He can do just about anything.

I didn't give an opinion, just posted the news.

There's a big red warning that appears if you try to post in a thread that hasn't received a reply in 120 days or more.

Gotcha. Didn't understand the red warning thing.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 08, 2007, 12:55:29 PM

Jeff Bridges has supposedly joined the cast now. Interesting....

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #34 on: February 08, 2007, 01:04:23 PM

Awesome.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Ironman- The Movie  
Jump to: