Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 01:45:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 629608 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1645 on: November 23, 2011, 11:59:39 PM

It's when the humans start sprouting tails that I'd worry.

I will not google any fanfic about human/elf/argonian/khajiit four ways.

Fanfic? This is the Elder Scrolls. I'm pretty sure that fiction is already in a book ingame somewhere.

Make sure not to read the Lusty Argonian Maid...

That one is just a bunch of double entendres. The really horrifying one was only in I think Daggerfall and got censored in later games by "imperial censors" (in The Real Barenziah or whatever). Cat dude on elf.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1646 on: November 24, 2011, 12:33:13 AM

The Real Bazenriah

« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 12:38:08 AM by rk47 »

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #1647 on: November 24, 2011, 03:26:31 AM

The less you know about feline anatomy, the better.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1648 on: November 24, 2011, 05:13:02 AM

It's when the humans start sprouting tails that I'd worry.

I will not google any fanfic about human/elf/argonian/khajiit four ways.

Fanfic? This is the Elder Scrolls. I'm pretty sure that fiction is already in a book ingame somewhere.

Make sure not to read the Lusty Argonian Maid...

There's a Volume II now.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1649 on: November 24, 2011, 06:45:58 AM

Must Find!

I just like Argonians.  I really wish they'd take the Morrowind models and update them, though Skyrim is a huge improvement over the ones in Oblivion.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1650 on: November 24, 2011, 07:01:15 AM

The only character I've ever gone through all of Morrowind (base game plus both expansions) with in one run was a spear-using Argonian in Medium Armor who joined the Legion (So it's not difficult to see why I wasn't particularly thrilled with Oblivion!). I think I used that one rad Medium armor set intended for beast races, whose name I can't remember offhand, along with Aerelorn's Combat Enhanced, which let me do fun things like lodge my spear in someone's chest for an instant kill, albeit at the cost of disarming myself until I could retrieve my weapon.

Edit: Ah, the First Guard armor! It was this stuff:
So cool.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 07:04:54 AM by koro »
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #1651 on: November 24, 2011, 07:10:52 AM

That reminded me of EQ1. Scary.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #1652 on: November 24, 2011, 07:49:17 AM

Must Find!
The copy of Argonian Maid i found was in a small cabin, which got crushed into a pulp by a huge tree that for some unexplained reason just fell on it. Crushed along with the owner. While the said owner was apparently perusing his book.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1653 on: November 24, 2011, 08:03:22 AM

The less you know about feline anatomy, the better.

Heh.

Depends on the feline species, but  yeah.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1654 on: November 24, 2011, 10:57:16 AM

Must Find!
The copy of Argonian Maid i found was in a small cabin, which got crushed into a pulp by a huge tree that for some unexplained reason just fell on it. Crushed along with the owner. While the said owner was apparently perusing his book.

I hope you found the treasure map the owner whose name wa s'lucky' dropped.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1655 on: November 24, 2011, 12:35:28 PM

Hop into a cave, kill a couple of undead and I'm hacking away at a live person before I realize it's Lydia and she has popped out of the ether after being gone for the better part of a day. We then proceed to kill everything in the cave but the moss on the walls and exit.

On getting back to the outside world, Lydia then says, "Oh look! A cave! I wonder what's in there?" Nothing, Lids, because we just murdered the hell out of everything that WAS in there!

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #1656 on: November 24, 2011, 01:02:37 PM

I've not dragged a companion along on any adventure yet (almost level 30, killed about 15 dragons), except for that guy who wanted to accompany me to the ancient tree and got eaten by a dragon or something along the way.  Maybe I should try again...
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1657 on: November 24, 2011, 01:04:30 PM

I've not dragged a companion along on any adventure yet (almost level 30, killed about 15 dragons), except for that guy who wanted to accompany me to the ancient tree and got eaten by a dragon or something along the way. 
Ditto and ditto. They'd just get in my way.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #1658 on: November 24, 2011, 01:17:31 PM

I hope you found the treasure map the owner whose name wa s'lucky' dropped.
Hmm i have a few maps but think i overlooked that one. I suppose the owner was indeed Lucky in that way Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Lun
Terracotta Army

Reply #1659 on: November 24, 2011, 02:34:55 PM

I had Lydia up to level 28 (used mostly to carry loot) but she had an odd habit of getting between mobs and my fireballs. Most of my quickloads were because of her being accidentally killed by me, so I ditched her along with a fully enchanted legendary set of dragonplate armor, which was useless on her btw.

Now I craft dragonplate and enchant it for profits since I play a pure mage character and have no use for it, so I don't have to pick up any loot from the dungeons. Except the stuff I'm going to disenchant.

Edit: I'm at level 34 now and doing much better without her. I've done the Winterhold and most of Whitereach and Markath quests. This game is huge. Made me stop playing the Witcher, I will have a really hard time going back to playing that game after finishing Skyrim  ACK!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 02:39:23 PM by Lun »
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1660 on: November 24, 2011, 02:55:28 PM

I gave Lydia a bow and some arrows and she never was in my way again. I don't know how effective she is with it but shes little more than a pack mule anyway.  awesome, for real
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #1661 on: November 24, 2011, 03:08:09 PM

Lydia picked up a firebolt staff during our travels (entirely her own idea, she looted it off some corpse without me even noticing) and for a while was happily setting my targets on fire for extra damage, then chopping them down with the sword she'd hold in the other hand. DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 03:20:31 PM by tmp »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1662 on: November 24, 2011, 03:14:08 PM

She's got the dremora-summoning daedric artifact staff (Sanguine Rose or whatever) in my game. She apparently loves that thing, I get demons coming in to help me on the lamest stuff. Two random wolves, better summon up a demon to help! Also something seems to have duped it, she has 2 now.  why so serious?

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1663 on: November 24, 2011, 03:20:08 PM

I can't bring myself to hire any other companion.  She's a pain in the ass, but she can carry an ox cart worth of loot and she compliments my dual blade soooo well.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1664 on: November 24, 2011, 05:17:01 PM

What about that feisty woman in the Whiterun tavern, the one you have to brawl for a 100$ and then she wants to be your follower? I didn't take her, but I'm curious to know what's she's like. It would be great if they gave them a bit of personaity, I would die for a follower that kind of hates you (for beating her) but respects you (for beating her).

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1665 on: November 24, 2011, 06:19:09 PM

What about that feisty woman in the Whiterun tavern, the one you have to brawl for a 100$ and then she wants to be your follower? I didn't take her, but I'm curious to know what's she's like. It would be great if they gave them a bit of personaity, I would die for a follower that kind of hates you (for beating her) but respects you (for beating her).

She's pretty cool for what little I've used of her (she also has the advantage of starting the game with a set of armor three tiers higher than you can get off the bat). Basically Lydia and Jenassa (the Dunmer archer in the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun) are kind of bores, but most followers I've seen are at least interesting personality-wise.
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #1666 on: November 24, 2011, 06:33:45 PM

She's pretty cool for what little I've used of her (she also has the advantage of starting the game with a set of armor three tiers higher than you can get off the bat). Basically Lydia and Jenassa (the Dunmer archer in the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun) are kind of bores, but most followers I've seen are at least interesting personality-wise.
I enjoy Jenassa, but then again I am playing a Dunmer. The best so far with her was when we walked into Lost Knife Cave killed the two guards and then entered the waterfall atrium, I said woah, with her following up with the same comment.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #1667 on: November 24, 2011, 07:14:33 PM

The best so far with her was when we walked into Lost Knife Cave killed the two guards and then entered the waterfall atrium, I said woah, with her following up with the same comment.
The best thing Lydia says is when i try to push my way past her and through some exit she's blocking -- after a few seconds of that she does a little "Oh." as her small AI brain catches up with my actions, and then she sort of moves aside. Sort of.
Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1668 on: November 24, 2011, 07:43:45 PM

This game needs animal followers.  Basically ones that don't talk and that you can jump and shoot over.

Edit:  Looks like there are!  Maybe I should go hunting for one.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 07:47:33 PM by Arinon »
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1669 on: November 24, 2011, 07:49:31 PM

Stumble on a burning house with a charred corpse. In the corpses hand? A scroll of summon flame atronach.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Also...I'm closing in on 200 screenshots  ACK!
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #1670 on: November 24, 2011, 07:54:11 PM

I bought a dog for ~500 gold. Then as I was leaving the stables where I had just purchased the mutt, three bounty-hunters appeared out of nowhere and attacked me. The dog protected me with his life until I could headshot the three bastards with arrows. Literally. He died while doing it. It was a 20 second short friendship, but I will always remember him. Whatever I was going to name him, that's the name that I will never forget. Hypothetically speaking.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #1671 on: November 24, 2011, 07:54:37 PM

Stumble on a burning house with a charred corpse. In the corpses hand? A scroll of summon flame atronach.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Also...I'm closing in on 200 screenshots  ACK!
I was exploring a random broken down house while in stealth, "Oh, wait something sees me?"

I turn around and there's a Dark Brotherhood assassin stuck on the other side of the fence with what I would assume is the dumbest look ever.

Oh, and the three hired goons that were sent for me after robbing some kids chest in their house, priceless.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #1672 on: November 24, 2011, 08:03:04 PM

This game needs animal followers.  Basically ones that don't talk and that you can jump and shoot over.

I'm currently on daedra-related quest which involves dragging along a free dog.

It easily makes Lydia a saint in comparison -- Lydia is passive-aggressive when it comes to being pain in the ass. Meantime the dog constantly, actively tries to hump me and pushes me around, whether on foot or on horse.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1673 on: November 24, 2011, 08:04:47 PM

None of them have much personality to speak of frankly. Little hard to convey with their 5 lines of dialogue each (if you're lucky).

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1674 on: November 24, 2011, 08:06:07 PM

If anything the dogs are MORE in the way.

tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #1675 on: November 24, 2011, 08:08:41 PM

On the other hand, pets like this, i'd totally put up with:

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1676 on: November 24, 2011, 08:50:27 PM

Are you Seigfried or Roy?
Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1677 on: November 24, 2011, 09:00:25 PM

If anything the dogs are MORE in the way.

Weak!  Ah well, followers seem completely useless right now anyway as a 2h/Heavy brute.  I was hoping subsequint playthroughs as mage or thief with cranked difficulty might see some uses for them besides holding your shit for you.  I guess there are enough of them that you can treat them all as disposable but I always have trouble doing that.

Nothing makes me rage quicker than having my path blocked by dumbshit pet AI.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1678 on: November 24, 2011, 09:13:29 PM

I find that when I'm thiefing it up is when they're the least useful actually, I'm in light armor so I can carry a lot of loot, and they aren't around to set off traps/get caught etc.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1679 on: November 24, 2011, 09:27:12 PM

I actually never used followers at all with my rogue character. They don't fully understand the idea of snipe/hide/snipe.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 97 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  
Jump to: