Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:02:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Warhammer ends quarter with 300,000 paying subscibers 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warhammer ends quarter with 300,000 paying subscibers  (Read 333813 times)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #315 on: June 16, 2009, 06:52:52 AM

Continuing to improve client and server stability and performance.

WTF? The game has been out for almost a year, missed all subscription targets and they are still trying to fix these issues(and every letter it seems)?

Bah you guys are playing the wrong version, I'm playing the korean version now and everything that is broken in US version, they fixed.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #316 on: June 16, 2009, 08:40:01 AM

Honestly, the only thing I want right now, is Server Merges.

Please please please! Please give us server merges, I dont care how.  We need population.  I would rather have a person I can attack and get an error saying to far away, then not having a person to attack at all.

Wait, haven't they merged down to less than 1 quarter of the number of servers that they had on release? And they still need more? Is it really that fucking bad?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #317 on: June 16, 2009, 09:12:12 AM

Wait, haven't they merged down to less than 1 quarter of the number of servers that they had on release? And they still need more? Is it really that fucking bad?

In a word, YES.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #318 on: June 16, 2009, 11:08:35 AM

My usual Warhammer oppopent and his wife were huge DAOC fans and had been occupying themselves with alts and the like in tiers 1 - 3.   After hitting the endgame recently though . . .   She's already killed her account and he's completely disillusioned with the game and just waiting to see if Tomb Kings somehow manages to drastically improve things.    So yes, the game is that bad.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #319 on: June 16, 2009, 12:54:02 PM

Continuing to improve client and server stability and performance.

WTF? The game has been out for almost a year, missed all subscription targets and they are still trying to fix these issues(and every letter it seems)?

yup agreed  Ohhhhh, I see.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: June 16, 2009, 03:02:50 PM

Being right never gets old.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #321 on: June 16, 2009, 07:19:46 PM

This game has delivered more laughs than anything since Horizons. I'm just looking forward to see how land of the dead and low population servers interact... should be fascinating.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #322 on: June 17, 2009, 07:01:36 AM

The question should be: is this the worst AAA title ever launched? The answer is yes, depending on whether or not you consider Vanguard a AAA title.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #323 on: June 17, 2009, 08:49:35 AM

Vanguard probably beats it, but its failure was a failure of management. Warhammer was a failure of design and thus more interesting to watch though.

- Simond
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #324 on: June 17, 2009, 02:27:04 PM

A failure of design followed by a failure of execution immersed in a failure of management vat.

Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #325 on: June 17, 2009, 02:32:58 PM

This game has delivered more laughs than anything since Horizons. I'm just looking forward to see how land of the dead and low population servers interact... should be fascinating.

It ain't called Land of the Dead for nuthin'.

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #326 on: June 17, 2009, 02:40:16 PM

It ain't called Land of the Dead for nuthin'.

Yes, that is the magic of foreshadowing.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #327 on: June 17, 2009, 05:24:05 PM

A failure of design followed by a failure of execution immersed in a failure of management vat.

It's like the Turducken of fail...

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #328 on: June 17, 2009, 05:51:47 PM

So has anyone actually played 1.3 so we can hear how craptacular it is?  Or do I have to burn up my 10 day free resub and waste hours off of my life?

Thanks in advance.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #329 on: June 18, 2009, 03:56:14 AM

11 page thread entitled in the Ironfist server forum, "Petition to Mythic: Merge or Move us"

Quote from: James Mythic
Hey all,

We realize that many of you are currently unsatisfied with the population of your server currently. We're actively pursuing ways in which we can alleviate the issues faced with low population while ensuring that larger problems are not created.

We want to avoid past situations where significant realm imbalances were created
or leave a number of players who wish to remain on the original server. From past experiences we have a large selection of metrics, and improving the negative aspects is a key goal.

We want to ensure everyone has a satisfactory place to call home, however, rushing to do so can alienate even more people due to unforseen repercussions.

That said, we know, we've heard you, and want to ensure everyone playing WAR can benefit from the activities of a higher population server.

Thanks everyone for your patience and cooperation, we'll discuss this more in the near future.

Cheers,

James Nichols
Community Forums Manager
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Interesting to see realm balance issues being used to justify not merging.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #330 on: June 18, 2009, 04:12:04 AM

I wouldn't expect to see any more server merges before 1.3.  Looks bad.  AFAIK, this game was doomed the minute they bought an engine that can't handle large-scale RvR battles.  You know, the CORE of their game? 

They constantly say they are 'gathering metrics' and 'actively pursuing' things but it's been out almost a year and many launch problems remain unresolved.  I really don't think there is anyone at Mythic who is great at their job.  Hell, I bet even the intern who makes Jacob's coffee burns it.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #331 on: June 18, 2009, 05:51:12 AM

There HAS to be a "forest for the trees" joke somewhere in there. Of course, it would lead to a funny swamp poop laugh rather than a funny  awesome, for real laugh. Gathering data is fantastic, but becomes its own monster when you feel you need more and more of it to take any action. Data paralysis results usually do not fair well in these days of quick and dirty interactions. I blame Twitter and txting bunnies.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #332 on: June 18, 2009, 12:03:39 PM

They constantly say they are 'gathering metrics'

Wow, gathering metrics, that sure brings back some memories from DAOC.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #333 on: June 18, 2009, 12:19:20 PM

http://newsticker.welt.de/?module=smarthouse&id=904689

GigaMedia Ltd (GIGM) and Mythic Entertainment™, a studio of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS), today announced that the highly acclaimed fantasy MMORPG Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning® (WAR) will launch in Taiwan on June 25th
Subscription Rates:

Monthly Subscription: 450 NTD
Hourly Time Deduction Fee: 5 NTD.

450 New Taiwan Dollar = $13.72
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #334 on: June 18, 2009, 04:00:12 PM

I wouldn't expect to see any more server merges before 1.3.  Looks bad.  AFAIK, this game was doomed the minute they bought an engine that can't handle large-scale RvR battles.  You know, the CORE of their game? 

They constantly say they are 'gathering metrics' and 'actively pursuing' things but it's been out almost a year and many launch problems remain unresolved.  I really don't think there is anyone at Mythic who is great at their job.  Hell, I bet even the intern who makes Jacob's coffee burns it.

!.3 already launched a couple days ago.

I am the .00000001428%
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #335 on: June 18, 2009, 04:09:35 PM

courtesy of VN

schild
Administrator

Reply #336 on: June 18, 2009, 04:14:36 PM

courtesy of VN

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
schild
Administrator

Reply #337 on: June 18, 2009, 04:20:24 PM

I could call him and find out 'what the fuck' but honestly, I'm not interested in some sort of McQuaid redux (I am NOT likening Jacobs to McQuaid on a personal level, that would be insane, they are nothing alike - so don't take what I just said the wrong way).
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #338 on: June 18, 2009, 11:40:30 PM

Too late, I'm totally telling everyone I know that you said he was EXACTLY LIKE McQuaid.

God Save the Horn Players
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #339 on: June 19, 2009, 12:44:26 AM

The game that just keeps on giving.

The VNBoards are complaining that the population cap code doesn't work in the new patch. Once it locks in it doesn't recognise the population dropping due to deaths. End result being one faction holding a fort while the other faction (including those who wiped) is entirely locked out leading to an effortless defence unless the keep is defeated on the first attack.

That's some really impressive QA there.

- Simond
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #340 on: June 19, 2009, 03:02:57 AM

Interview from October 2008

Some analysts have predicted between 200-300 thousand subscribers, do you believe that is an accurate and realistic prediction?

Mark Jacobs: No. I don't think it's a very realistic expectation at all. I read that from one analyst and I think his numbers were way off for the industry. That kind of number, which I think he mentioned, was under 50 per cent [of registered users]. Those numbers are considered very low for the industry, very low.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #341 on: June 19, 2009, 09:28:21 AM

The game that just keeps on giving.

The VNBoards are complaining that the population cap code doesn't work in the new patch. Once it locks in it doesn't recognise the population dropping due to deaths. End result being one faction holding a fort while the other faction (including those who wiped) is entirely locked out leading to an effortless defence unless the keep is defeated on the first attack.

That's some really impressive QA there.

I get a feeling the guy who was supposed to hire 3-star skill people was a 3-star skill employee himself...
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #342 on: June 19, 2009, 11:12:42 AM

War is already on the downslope but blizzard has already added battleground queuing from anywhere and next patch adding battleground exp with talk of adding loot for winning.

Is it me or does it seem like blizzard took warhammers attempt at a coup a little personally and are now twisting the knife?

Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #343 on: June 19, 2009, 11:28:01 AM

Interview from October 2008

Some analysts have predicted between 200-300 thousand subscribers, do you believe that is an accurate and realistic prediction?

Mark Jacobs: No. I don't think it's a very realistic expectation at all. I read that from one analyst and I think his numbers were way off for the industry. That kind of number, which I think he mentioned, was under 50 per cent [of registered users]. Those numbers are considered very low for the industry, very low.

ROFL

Seeing MBJ hoisted on his own petard never gets old.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #344 on: June 19, 2009, 12:19:09 PM

War is already on the downslope but blizzard has already added battleground queuing from anywhere and next patch adding battleground exp with talk of adding loot for winning.

Is it me or does it seem like blizzard took warhammers attempt at a coup a little personally and are now twisting the knife?

This is pretty normal for Blizzard, they often lift the best features from other games for their own. I don't think it is twisting the knife rather than an ability to look at other products and say "this is better than how we do it, we should change." Of course, the great irony is that there was all that business about the WAR people not even playing WoW because they would be INFLUENCED by it and might mistake good features for bad - and yet we don't see Blizzard stealing, say, the WAR crafting system.  Ohhhhh, I see.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #345 on: June 19, 2009, 12:23:16 PM

the WAR crafting system.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Ok, I laughed a lot harder than I should have when reading that.

Chockonuts
Terracotta Army

Reply #346 on: June 19, 2009, 08:48:59 PM

Not only that, Blizzard will allow players to TURN OFF their exp gained from PvP so that they can keep on twinkin'.

They just gave their customers the best of both worlds, which is what some people in WAR players were asking Mythic for ala WoW (/off exp). It does look like twisting the knife a bit.
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #347 on: June 19, 2009, 08:52:01 PM

Euthanasia is more accurate.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #348 on: June 20, 2009, 04:41:58 AM

It does look like twisting the knife a bit.
Well, Marc Jacobs did lose his shit at Tigole not long before WAR's launch, remember? Revenge is a dish best served with a heaped side of schadenfreude.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #349 on: June 20, 2009, 06:52:52 AM

I think Jacobs needs a MMO intervention.

"Look Mark, we all love you, but your games are NOT good.  They hurt people Mark.  They hurt people because they are BAD games.  You've got to stop making MMO's, you're no good at it."

Lame attempt at humor, hey it's early here.  Seriously though, has anyone thought of poaching some of Blizzard's talent?  I know Blizzard/Vivendi probably pays a good size money hat, but EA could offer a money hat sprinkled with cocaine and diamond dust.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Warhammer ends quarter with 300,000 paying subscibers  
Jump to: