Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 05:36:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102488 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7315 on: June 20, 2011, 06:15:03 PM

But yeah, Kaiden was one of the ones I was thinking of being accused of being a whiner when he barely even complains about anything. Fordel was going on and on about how Kaiden whines about his headaches while I was playing through ME1 the first time, so I kept expecting it to come up. The person who told me he had them at all was Dr. Chakwas, and there was a single elevator banter between Kaiden and ... Boring Blue Girl whose name just fled my memory. And he was all "Meh, it's fine, I'm used to them." That's it. He never mentioned them to me directly at all!

Kaiden didn't shut up about them to me! Don't make me replay ME1 to check!  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #7316 on: June 20, 2011, 06:24:54 PM

I don't really remember Kaiden whining about anything either. The conversation options were all about you finding out his history, so that's what he talked about. The other options are the romance for the FemShep or getting his opinion about how things are going.

It's like complaining that all Thane talked about was his kid and illness - he mentions him and it is a mission arc, but there's a context to it as well.

Of course, the real reason that Kaiden was a lousy biotic was because he didn't have boobs.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #7317 on: June 20, 2011, 06:26:47 PM

Damn you, Mission. The Republic and the Jedi might pride themselves on being just and righteous, but under their rule you grew up living in a sewer and eating garbage. Who pulled you out of that shithole? Who whisked you off the planet just before it got bombed into the stone age? Who took time out from his very important quest to dick around in the middle of the fucking desert rescuing your worthless piece of shit brother from sand people? Without me, you never would have learned about your brother's death at their hands, because the garbage dump you lived in would have come down around your ears in a fucking holocaust of orbital bombardment.

And how do you pay me back? You spit in my fucking face with that silly "But the Sith are EVIL!" bullshit. I expected that sort of crap from Jolee and Juhani, and that simpering dipshit Carth, but not from you. You might not be "evil" but I had come to think of you as at least being halfway smart. (You were so damned pragmatic when we slit the throat of that silly blind leader of your old gang on Taris!) I mean I was prepared to tolerate a little bit of lip, but when it became clear that even your emo throw-rug of a wookie wasn't going to back you, it was time to quit sticking up for a regime that never gave a shit about you and throw your chips in with the only people who ever did you any favors.

But no, instead you call me out. Right there in front of my brand new apprentice and the rest of my followers. You force me to kill you, no pun intended. You ignorant little bitch, what made you think I even had the option of backing out at that point? The die had been cast, blood had already been shed. What the hell did you think was going to happen?

But it's all right. I don't really blame you.

I blame Carth.

Maybe you didn't know better, but he should have. In fact he certainly did, given the way ran for the hills once he realized what was happening. I blame him for not buying your life with his own. All that wannabe-hero horseshit he talked, and in the end he ran like a coward and left a teenage girl to face two Sith alone, with little more than a cry of "Run away!" over his shoulder as he fled. It ought to have been HE who stayed behind to die extolling the virtues of the Republic while YOU ran off into the woods.

The new Emperor of the Galaxy will not be kind to Carth, when he finally catches up to him.
Not gonna lie, this gave me douchechills.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7318 on: June 20, 2011, 07:01:19 PM

Bah.  Bah, I say. 

It's so big after patching that it's going to literally (LITERALLY) eliminate them from digital sales in most countries with a monthly cap. There are going to be tears.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #7319 on: June 20, 2011, 07:05:49 PM

Well, thats one way to move boxes off shelves.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7320 on: June 20, 2011, 07:09:08 PM

I would only agree if I thought most potential buyers didn't view the computer as a magic box which just does things because of fairy dust. There are going to be people who buy this digitally that can't get it on their machines, have no idea why and it's going to be fucking amazing. I'm certain there will be a resounding cry of IT IS BETA STFU but they could halve this fucking thing and I still don't know how they manage digital installs.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #7321 on: June 20, 2011, 07:20:04 PM

/apply miracle installer along with patch?  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #7322 on: June 20, 2011, 07:22:38 PM

Oh I'm sure with something this big we'll 'eventually' get a streaming client akin to Guild Wars/WoW Cata.  Shame we couldn't get one to start, but I understand how those work.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #7323 on: June 20, 2011, 07:47:55 PM

Hahaha, the size of this install. You only wish it was 40GB. This is going to blow your fucking mind.

Fucking this.

It's gonna take about two goddamn days at this rate. My connection would choose to shit the bed this of all weeks.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #7324 on: June 20, 2011, 07:49:03 PM

Tantrum Cry Shaking fist Mob Cthulu

-Rasix
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #7325 on: June 20, 2011, 08:08:28 PM

Of course, the real reason that Kaiden was a lousy biotic was because he didn't have boobs.
He also dares to speak his mind when his opinion differs from Shepard's which is a grave mistake for NPC to make (see: Sjofn's theory of sucking the player's dick, which i happen to agree with)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #7326 on: June 20, 2011, 08:12:58 PM

I never really got to know Kaiden.  He didn't have boobs, and he was a biotic.  Ash had boobs, a badonkadonk, an assault rifle, and a smattering of xenophobia. Liara was blue with blue boobs. 

Poor white dude in space, he never stood a chance.

-Rasix
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #7327 on: June 20, 2011, 08:40:23 PM

I think ultimately the problem is you don't actually know what the word whining means. Kreia is lecturing you.

I agree I'm using the word whining differently than all of you.   To me it means "bitches nagging me with telepathic lectures while I rack up light side points to feel good about myself"  why so serious?.   I am still very bitter about the telepathic bit.  Bitch was supposed to stfu and stay in the cargo hold. 
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #7328 on: June 20, 2011, 08:51:56 PM

they could halve this fucking thing and I still don't know how they manage digital installs.
Well 20GB is much easier to swallow than 40GB, but regardless, it's clearly a huge problem. Maybe they'll put free "trial" DVDs in stores and whatnot for digital purchases-- but we're still talking 5 dual-layer DVDs. That's an expensive proposition. And of course the game will only grow with live patches and expansions.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7329 on: June 20, 2011, 09:53:51 PM

Are the clients going to be different for US/EU / is there going to be region locking?

I always end up going for the digital DL option for MMOs since that's the easiest way of getting the US version... looks like this time it may be better to have one of my guildies buy the box and snail-mail it instead  awesome, for real

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #7330 on: June 20, 2011, 10:16:19 PM

40GB would run me about 28 hours or so  awesome, for real

Yeah, this whole Origin debacle should be fun to watch.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #7331 on: June 20, 2011, 10:50:57 PM

I was assuming that 40gb is the install size right?  There's no way the actual download is going to be that big.   That's gotta be at least under 20 gigs.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #7332 on: June 20, 2011, 10:52:51 PM

Use warmer water? why so serious?

What have we come to if a nerd isn't free to preen his luxurious neckmane in a KOTOR thread?

EDIT: The YouTube video I watched of that ending is goddamn hilarious.  He really does just run off like a bitch, abandoning Mission.

EDIT2: I blame Amaron.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 11:09:51 PM by Sheepherder »
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #7333 on: June 21, 2011, 12:40:41 AM

He also dares to speak his mind when his opinion differs from Shepard's which is a grave mistake for NPC to make (see: Sjofn's theory of sucking the player's dick, which i happen to agree with)

I'm cool with this in an NPC, but only if I'm able to cut their fucking head off on a whim. That's why they'll never top the Baldur's Gate series. You could just do any goddamn thing you wanted. Pickpocket quest items, sack towns, mind control people and make them fight to the death, whatever.

The magical "Can't kill me, I'm story-relevant!" field only extended to a bare handful of characters, none of whom were party members. Which isn't to say party members didn't have stories. They did, but BioWare just wasn't anal enough yet to scream "Wasted content!" if you happened to murder a few of them. There were way more of them than you could possibly recruit at once anyway.

If KOTOR had been built with the freedom of BG, Carth would have lived for about five fucking seconds after Revan woke up on Taris in my game. Mission would have been abandoned by Biff the Understudy.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7334 on: June 21, 2011, 02:19:40 AM

But yeah, Kaiden was one of the ones I was thinking of being accused of being a whiner when he barely even complains about anything. Fordel was going on and on about how Kaiden whines about his headaches while I was playing through ME1 the first time, so I kept expecting it to come up. The person who told me he had them at all was Dr. Chakwas, and there was a single elevator banter between Kaiden and ... Boring Blue Girl whose name just fled my memory. And he was all "Meh, it's fine, I'm used to them." That's it. He never mentioned them to me directly at all!

Kaiden didn't shut up about them to me! Don't make me replay ME1 to check!  why so serious?

I think you better, because he seriously did not once mention them to me himself in either playthrough I did.

God Save the Horn Players
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #7335 on: June 21, 2011, 03:23:57 AM

I'd like to think that Carth sat there on that planet, trapped without a ship of his own, for the rest of the war. That maybe he salvaged a receiver out of that temple and sat there for months, eating rats and wiping his ass with leaves, listening helplessly as Revan gutted his precious Republic, screaming in frustration as Canderous and his Mandalorians dropped onto Coruscant and executed the Galactic Senate at the command of their Sith master.

Then, once it's all over except for the cleaning up, the Ebon Hawk appears over that planet one more time. Right over the temple where Carth can see it, because he's supposed to see it, so he can start running. Revan and Bastila step out of the ship calmly, unconcerned, and Bastila pouts like the overgrown schoolgirl she is when Revan tells her to stay with the ship. Then he lopes off into the woods and begins stalking Carth.

It would have been much simpler to just have a cruiser stop by and glass the entire vicinity of the temple at any point over the last few months, but Revan's been saving this, waiting for this, waiting until the war was won and he could tear himself away to take care of some personal business. He has his lightsaber with him, but only because he's resolved never to trust Bastila. He doesn't plan to use it. A lightsaber is too quick, too clean, too good for his victim.

When he finally catches up to an exhausted Carth some hours later, it'll be a plain ordinary knife he guts him with. Not even a vibroblade, just a bit of cold steel. He won't say a word as he does it, but as Carth fades for the last time he'll know why Revan chose to do this so personally. He'll know.

Bastila won't. She'll wonder why Revan bothered to go to all the trouble, given that Carth never managed to actually oppose him in any meaningful way. Revan won't explain either, because while Bastila is a powerful and useful pet, he knows that she's basically an idiot, an infant infatuated with the most banal aspects of the Sith, and would view his motivations as weakness. He'll just get back in the ship and take off, content, feeling no need to justify himself to anyone.

And that's why he was truly evil. Not because he carried a red lightsaber, or kicked a lot of puppies, or because he chose to overthrow the previous "good" political regime, but because he could murder a teenage girl in cold blood and then perform flawlessly the mental gymnastics required to pin sole responsibility for the act on someone who had already fled the scene before the fatal blow was ever struck. If he were stronger, if he were better, he would have hit Mission over the head, left her sitting on the beach alive, and then dared Bastila or anyone else to so much as say boo about it before going on with his conquest of the galaxy.

At least, that's why my Revan was evil.  awesome, for real

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #7336 on: June 21, 2011, 03:46:46 AM

Popcorn

These last couple pages of fanboy-ism continue to deliver.  Please, continue.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #7337 on: June 21, 2011, 04:16:41 AM

F the digital download on this game then, Im going CE box(assuming they have one).  I'll makeup some dumb excuse to leave work early like my mom is having surgery then drive my ass to the local Gamestop to get my reserved copy while the stupid clerk looks at me wondering what the hell game is this.  Gimme that, I'll get in my car and speed home while I drive with my knees and rip that package open so I can find the game manual open it up and sniff the fresh ink.  This will be the highlight of SWTOR.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #7338 on: June 21, 2011, 04:20:41 AM

F the digital download on this game then, Im going CE box(assuming they have one).  I'll makeup some dumb excuse to leave work early like my mom is having surgery then drive my ass to the local Gamestop to get my reserved copy while the stupid clerk looks at me wondering what the hell game is this.  Gimme that, I'll get in my car and speed home while I drive with my knees and rip that package open so I can find the game manual open it up and sniff the fresh ink.  This will be the highlight of SWTOR.

Games don't come with manuals anymore, sorry to ruin your fantasy.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #7339 on: June 21, 2011, 04:32:25 AM

Yeah, but the CEs generally tend to come with art and lore books these days, so he can sniff the ink on those.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7340 on: June 21, 2011, 06:11:49 AM

This is an EA game.  You'll be lucky to get an insert...

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #7341 on: June 21, 2011, 06:16:48 AM

This is an EA game.  You'll be lucky to get an insert...

Yeah, an insert of Origin up in your  awesome, for real

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7342 on: June 21, 2011, 06:26:18 AM

Well 20GB is much easier to swallow than 40GB

You're not following me, sir. I'm telling you that, after patching, it is a bigger install than most affordable hard drives in 2007. It is not 40GB. It is not 60GB. A *patch* might be 20GB. I'm not saying what it is because I think people should guess.

The size of the install has eliminated the following people:

1) Digital purchasers with slow connections
2) All digital purchasers outside the US
3) People with a computer older than three years
4) People with mid-range "WoW" computers now.

I'm not remotely bullshitting when I say that I've *never* seen anything approaching the size of this install. My head is still buzzing. I don't want to prognosticate because maybe they trim it drastically but I don't see how this game is a success at this size. Not for any quality reasons in-game but because it might be just that prohibitive. I mean, I can't even install the fucking thing unless I decide I'm going to ONLY play this game.
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #7343 on: June 21, 2011, 06:26:45 AM

5 DVDs rattling around in a flimsy cardboard box? Wouldn't surprise me, judging from the last EA boxes I remember.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #7344 on: June 21, 2011, 06:35:25 AM

Well 20GB is much easier to swallow than 40GB

You're not following me, sir. I'm telling you that, after patching, it is a bigger install than most affordable hard drives in 2007. It is not 40GB. It is not 60GB. A *patch* might be 20GB. I'm not saying what it is because I think people should guess.
[/quote]

Ok, I'll guess 100GB, there, someone has guessed, can we stop playing games and have you just tell us now please?
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #7345 on: June 21, 2011, 06:42:45 AM

I guess I'll start purging my hard drive now...
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7346 on: June 21, 2011, 06:46:19 AM

138, after patching.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #7347 on: June 21, 2011, 06:51:53 AM

138, after patching.

Sweet sassy malassy.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #7348 on: June 21, 2011, 06:58:08 AM

Fuuuuuck. I don't have that kind of space on my partition.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #7349 on: June 21, 2011, 07:04:33 AM

Yup, I'm out.

Sure I could get a 1tb pretty cheap but I have never really needed more than 300g and switching hard drives is annoying to me.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: