Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:42:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: WAR to be released... 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WAR to be released...  (Read 415761 times)
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #875 on: August 20, 2008, 05:38:16 AM

I haven't heard here or elsewhere any answer to how they plan to manage population imbalances for RvR.  Anyone know?

XP bonus for the dis-advantaged side, from what I understand.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #876 on: August 20, 2008, 06:16:45 AM

I really don't think they need to (see: DAoC).  Population imbalances were less of an issue once the grind to 50 was lessened.  Why?  Because people that enjoy sport or group vs group pvp enjoy fighting as the underdog.  As long as the time it takes to get to level cap isn't prohibitive, you'll see guilds switching sides like the tide to find a more target rich environment.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #877 on: August 20, 2008, 06:19:23 AM

XP bonuses are nothing in a pvp game. Because all that matters is that you have more capped players who stopped caring about xp than the other side. But there's no bonus in at the moment anyways.

Faction balance is, in fact, HARD. It needs to be something that actually hurts capped pvping players enough to make it fair without making them quit. I dun have a solution. I will say that due to how realm warfare works, pvp population imbalances will fuck things over WORSE than they did in DAOC.

Spell Effects for Fordel, since I didn't see it clearly answered:

Auto scaling of graphics/LOD based on framerate (woo.) This is also what is crashing people, though it's getting better. Plus the standard daoc /effects thing (all, raid, group, self, none)

My main UI complaint: The warband (raid) healing UI is clean, neat, and tiny. The same UI is not used in large scale pvp instances (25 man scenario? You need tons of huge healing windows floating all over your screen!  ACK!)

I do like the pvp, I just don't see the game interesting me in the long run. Which sucks, because I really really tried to love all of it, but... WoW's kinda defined how much polish you need to compete right now without me feeling like I'm playing a second tier game.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #878 on: August 20, 2008, 06:21:43 AM

I really don't think they need to (see: DAoC).  Population imbalances were less of an issue once the grind to 50 was lessened.  Why?  Because people that enjoy sport or group vs group pvp enjoy fighting as the underdog.  As long as the time it takes to get to level cap isn't prohibitive, you'll see guilds switching sides like the tide to find a more target rich environment.

What DAOC server did you play on?

Sure we had olo 8v8 groups show up randomly on servers, but it didn't change the albzerg pretty much rolling over things (or in my Bors reference, the elusive midzerg). Pretty much all you could do is go take a few groups into the alb frontier and trust that nobody knew which keep was which to come bring a defense force eighteen times your size against you. Or the mid frontier if you wanted to pve in peace.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #879 on: August 20, 2008, 06:26:15 AM

What DAOC server did you play on?

Guin, Nimue, Percival, Gawaine, MLF, Andred, Mordred, and eventually Gareth & Lamorak.  Note where I said that this was much more commonplace when the grind to 50 was decreased.  I played with several competitive guilds and we'd often reroll when we couldn't find decent 8v8 competition.  This reroll often followed the xp bonuses as soon as they were added on underpopulated servers/realms.  Getting a free level ever 2-3 days makes things pretty quick.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #880 on: August 20, 2008, 06:49:42 AM

As promised, my longer review:

What I do not like about this game:

1.  Interface problems – Adjusting the interface is a pain in the neck and everything seems too small.  It is difficult to click on a character box if you are healer and there is no “range-finding” to determine if the character is in range.  Key bindings are currently fubared and you lose 2-4 key bindings at random every time you log in, necessitating re-key binding all the time, even if you crash in the middle of a battle.  You cannot rebind certain essential functions (notably camera zoom and siege engine operations are attached to the mouse wheel, so if you are playing on a trackball or mouse without a wheel you are SOL). 

2.  It is hard to figure out where the hell to go.  The maps aren’t complete yet, and half the items you are looking for aren’t marked.  It’s especially annoying trying to find flight masters/renown merchants.  No one tells you where you can purchase higher rank renown gear (in keeps taken over by your side in T2).

3.  I would say 1 in 10 quests are currently broken.

4.  Annoying bugs, especially the players-can-sometimes-not-be-flagged-in-pvp-zones are very annoying.  Especially when such a player runs up and decaps your flag and you can’t do anything about it.

5.  Crafting – There is none.  At least none to speak of…  Everyone takes “scavenging” so they can loot their PvP kills for grey junk to sell to vendors.  Then they nerfed that so now you can’t even sell the stuff!!  And of course, the craft that uses the items you get from scavenging (Talisman making) is not in the game yet.  There is also no functioning auction house.

6.  Scenarios are fun and varied, but I imagine there will be a ton of /afk folks a al AV unless some mechanic to stop it is implemented.

7.  ***** BIGGEST PROBLEM*******Crash to desktop every 15 minutes on my machine since patch 3.3, it’s a total nightmare and makes the game unplayable.  This needs to be fixed prior to launch or I forsee crash and burn.  I run a decent system (2 Gig Ram 8800 GT) and I’m not the only one experiencing this, there was a 50 page thread on the beta forum with folks complaining.  As of this message they have improved it somewhat, but I still CTD a once every couple of hours.

1.  You can scale the UI actually, don't know if you know that.  I'm also not sure what you mean by range finding, your abilities are red if you are out of range.  Your hotkeys do disappear sometimes, but for me it wasn't often.  I'm assuming they are working on that.

2.  I disagree with all of this, and I believe you're wrong on all accounts.

3.  I have not found one broken quest.  YMMV I suppose.

4.  I never saw that bug.  Surprisingly the game doesn't have many bugs at all, that I've seen.  Very polished game.

5.  Yeah, no crafting.  Good.  I dont want to have to waste time with that part of the game.  But to each their own.  I heard they are implementing the AH soon.  Shrug, we'll see.  I don't think there is going to be a potent economy in this game since gear seems to be very plentiful.  Perhaps potions and talismans are what will be sold.  We'll see.

6.  I've seen people speculate /afk's.  We'll see what they do about it.  They may tweak rewards based on damage/healing.

7.  I had one CTD last night in the hour I played, but I did alt -tab out.  Others are crashing a lot.  I think it may be a driver problem.

I actually have faith Mythic will fix many things.  They've done an amazing job with the beta system.  Best run beta of all time, hands down.
schild
Administrator

Reply #881 on: August 20, 2008, 06:51:17 AM

I actually have faith Mythic will fix many things.  They've done an amazing job with the beta system.  Best run beta of all time, hands down.

Despite me not liking the structure much, it seemed very logical. That said, I rate it right under Mythos. Of course, that game was meant to be in beta forever, so that's not exactly fair.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #882 on: August 20, 2008, 06:54:25 AM

So I understand that everyone's all gooey over the PQ's. My fear is that by the time I get around to playing, everyone will have leveled up, and it won't be possible to do PQ's in the lowbie areas any more.

I'm not sure how this works, but apparently in order to do the top end tier PVP city sieges you have to control the lower level areas.  Which might force people to play those areas somehow.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #883 on: August 20, 2008, 07:03:48 AM

1.  You can scale the UI actually, don't know if you know that.  I'm also not sure what you mean by range finding, your abilities are red if you are out of range.  Your hotkeys do disappear sometimes, but for me it wasn't often.  I'm assuming they are working on that.

2.  I disagree with all of this, and I believe you're wrong on all accounts.

3.  I have not found one broken quest.  YMMV I suppose.

4.  I never saw that bug.  Surprisingly the game doesn't have many bugs at all, that I've seen.  Very polished game.

5.  Yeah, no crafting.  Good.  I dont want to have to waste time with that part of the game.  But to each their own.  I heard they are implementing the AH soon.  Shrug, we'll see.  I don't think there is going to be a potent economy in this game since gear seems to be very plentiful.  Perhaps potions and talismans are what will be sold.  We'll see.

6.  I've seen people speculate /afk's.  We'll see what they do about it.  They may tweak rewards based on damage/healing.

7.  I had one CTD last night in the hour I played, but I did alt -tab out.  Others are crashing a lot.  I think it may be a driver problem.

On point 1:  I know you can scale the UI, but I find tyring to find a balance between large enough to see and still having a large enough view screen very annoying.  I also lose hotkeys EVERY time I log in, it gets really annoying and as a trackball player not being able to resign the mousewheel function's is my biggest complaint.  I agree with you though, I think mythic will fix these post-haste.

Point 2:  I'm going to stand by this statement. This may have been referring to some elder test zones, when it comes to the earlier tier zones, you are somewhat right.  Even though they mark flightmasters with "merchant bags" (now) I know both me and my wife had trouble finding them.  It would be nice if there was a quest that pointed you directly to renown vendors.

Point 3:  Again, this may refer more to elder test.

Point 4:  Edit: replying to the wrong point...  The flaggin problem happened to me last night, I entered the PvP zone and the countdown stopped at 1 and I didn't flag until I made an offensive/defensive move.

Point 5:  I think an economy is good for any game.  It adds another layer of interest.

Point 6:  I'm kind of curious about this as well...  I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt (for now).

Point 7:  I crash far less in low tier zones than on Elder.  When I am in Tiers 1+2 I only crash once or twice a night.  At higher tiers I was crashing every 10 minutes.  It looks like they have come a long way with this though, but I still crashed twice last night. (I run an 8800 GT with fully updated drivers).

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy this game, but there is room for improvement.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 07:24:42 AM by amiable »
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #884 on: August 20, 2008, 07:16:09 AM

So I understand that everyone's all gooey over the PQ's. My fear is that by the time I get around to playing, everyone will have leveled up, and it won't be possible to do PQ's in the lowbie areas any more.

I'm not sure how this works, but apparently in order to do the top end tier PVP city sieges you have to control the lower level areas.  Which might force people to play those areas somehow.

The lower level zones have an effect on tier 4 (some spill over of control points or whatever they are called), but you do not need to have control of them to siege a capital. The RvR podcast details this but basically T4 zone control is the only thing that has a direct impact on city siege.
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #885 on: August 20, 2008, 07:52:05 AM

Okay, so after reading the replies here I decided I'm playing the game wrong and I should give it another chance and do nothing but PvP for a night.  My experiences were not good at all, but I am guessing (hoping, praying!?) that it is an artifact of beta.

Each time I've logged in I've tried to understand how to join a scenario but I've had no luck, so first thing I did last night was dedicate some real time to figure this out.  Turns out I'm an idiot and there is a button in the shape of the pvp flag (which just looked like a random symbol to me until last night) that you can click to join the queue.  So at 7 last night I clicked the pvp flag and asked to join the scenario with my low level squig herder.

Next I opened the map and saw in the northwestern part of our zone an area that looked like a pvp area, all controlled by destruction.  So I started running towards that area, which was quite a ways off and took me through several clusters of dwarfs that kinda diverted me so I went into the pvp area through some mountains instead of following the road.  I later found out that was a mistake, but at the time I was oblivious.

I ran around the pvp area for about an hour and never encountered another person from either Order or Destruction.  Found a spot that Destruction controlled and needed to be defended according to the spam on my screen so I stood there for awhile, hoping to get at least a reward for standing around doing nothing (since running around doing nothing had been completely unproductive).  Got bored, alt-tabbed for a bit and read f13, alt-tabbed back in and nothing had changed.

I ran around for another 30 minutes or so, which lead me to the discovery that I was only running around in half the RvR zone available, because the other half was off the side of the map I was on (and/or there was a second RvR zone nearby in some snowy area, not sure if they are the same place or not).  Ran around there for about an hour, most of it was controlled by Order but there were no Destruction people to help me kill the guards and no Order people to defend the guards, so I mostly just tried to get the lay of the land.

I finally went back to the Destruction side on the other map and found that in all my running around I missed out on a war camp that had a bunch of quests, so I started picking up those quests when I saw another Destruction guy running off (first player I'd seen in the 3 hours I'd been in the zone).  I followed him and he ran into the snowy area and finally he ran to another Destruction player that was there.  We all grouped up and I finally thought things were going to get going, but we basically all just stood around not knowing what to do.

Finally as I was running around the zone I saw an Order player and I was ready to get my pvp experience, so I loaded my bow, told my squig to attack and strafed directly into a level 10 heroic guard that one shot me (I'm level 9) before either player could shoot at one another.

I was online from about 7 to 11:30, in queue for the scenario the whole time (Gates of Elkuund or something like that) and I never got a queue invite.  I fought one other player the whole time, but I ended up dying in the fight to a guard before either of us could shoot at one another.

Like I said, I'm sure it a population problem because it's beta and I was bored and first and everyone way outleveled me, but it wasn't exactly what I expected on the pvp front.  Now I'm faced with trying to use the rest of my beta time to attempt to grind through more PvE so I can catch up to people and try out pvp, or just playing WoW...

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #886 on: August 20, 2008, 07:54:28 AM

One of my larger concerns, was how sluggish the combat looked in videos. I'm glad to hear that was apparently fixed to some degree. I can not stand a unresponsive UI or slow controls. WoW has completely spoiled me in that regard. I tried playing DaoC the last time I got a 'come back to camelot' offer. I couldn't do it, was too clunky. I have a similar issue with LoTRO combat, it feels very 'off' to me.

I understand exactly what you're saying, and I don't think you will be happy with the combat either. If you really like the game it's probably something you could get used to, but it is definitely not WAR's strong point. Which is why I think blanket statements like "If you like Diku PvP you will like WAR" are misleading. If the very basic aspect of the game - combat - is boring, then it doesn't matter if it has the best PvP system ever invented, I'm still not playing.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #887 on: August 20, 2008, 07:54:39 AM

(or in my Bors reference, the elusive midzerg).

AE MID TO DEEP.

Ahhhh... the Bors Midzerg, that was gooooood times.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #888 on: August 20, 2008, 07:59:31 AM

4.  You never have to grind to get to the fun part.  This is the biggest thing for me.  You can start at level 1 and hit the pvp zones/scenarios and level up SOLELY by PvP.  You earn enough money and renown to purchase good equipment from the renown vendors.  They have mechanic so low level characters are bumped up to an appropriate level when in a scenario or pvp enabled zone.  Running around in Tier 1 battlegrounds/scenarios was some of the most fun I ever had in a video game.  If you jump into this game and immediately grind to 40, you are doing it wrong.

This part makes smoke come from my ears and like I'm going "illogical illogical." Surely you mean you have to grind to level 5 or something! Nobody ever lets you roll up a character and start PvP the first second of your play experience! That's crazy talk!

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #889 on: August 20, 2008, 08:04:21 AM

4.  You never have to grind to get to the fun part.  This is the biggest thing for me.  You can start at level 1 and hit the pvp zones/scenarios and level up SOLELY by PvP.  You earn enough money and renown to purchase good equipment from the renown vendors.  They have mechanic so low level characters are bumped up to an appropriate level when in a scenario or pvp enabled zone.  Running around in Tier 1 battlegrounds/scenarios was some of the most fun I ever had in a video game.  If you jump into this game and immediately grind to 40, you are doing it wrong.

This part makes smoke come from my ears and like I'm going "illogical illogical." Surely you mean you have to grind to level 5 or something! Nobody ever lets you roll up a character and start PvP the first second of your play experience! That's crazy talk!

No, you don't.  You can IMMEDIATELY join a scenario as a level 1 character (there is a clicky above the mini map.  you will be bolstered to Rank 8, so you won't be ROFLtomped, but won't be as powerful as the rank 9-11s.  Or you could just run to the PvP area and have the same effect.  I have leveled almost all of my toons this way.  (You will get to level 2 just via exploration if you run to the PvP zone...) 

Cevik - Hit the flightmaster in the goblin war camp and head to empire v. Chaos zone.  There is a lot more action there and the scenario pops much more frequently. As stated above it is annoying as hell trying to find the flight master because they don't tell you where the hell to go, I know I found it very frustrating.  Also, roll a character on the underpopulated side (usually order), they tend to get scenario pops much more frequently.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 08:08:32 AM by amiable »
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #890 on: August 20, 2008, 08:08:12 AM

Cevik - Hit the flightmaster in the goblin wwar camp and head to empire v. Chaos zone.  There is a lot more action there and the scenario pops much more frequently. As stated above it is annoying as hell trying to find the flight master because they don't tell you where the hell to go.

There are flightmasters? 

The CE beta would have been about 1 billion times easier had Mythic at least let us browse the forums.  I understand we don't need to post because we are second rate nobodies, but if there had been at least something to read so we could understand a little bit of what to do it would have made life much much much easier and probably would have made the game a million times more interesting.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #891 on: August 20, 2008, 08:09:39 AM

IMO after removing two tank classes they really should have given you the option of starting in another races start area.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #892 on: August 20, 2008, 08:12:30 AM

Cevik - Hit the flightmaster in the goblin wwar camp and head to empire v. Chaos zone.  There is a lot more action there and the scenario pops much more frequently. As stated above it is annoying as hell trying to find the flight master because they don't tell you where the hell to go.

There are flightmasters? 

The CE beta would have been about 1 billion times easier had Mythic at least let us browse the forums.  I understand we don't need to post because we are second rate nobodies, but if there had been at least something to read so we could understand a little bit of what to do it would have made life much much much easier and probably would have made the game a million times more interesting.

I concur, the lack of documentation on what the hell is goin on is annoying as fuck.  I have access to the beta forum and they didn't have that information easily accessible, I had to spam general chat.

Another protip:  If you are going to try to earn cash while PvPing there is an NPC near each of the flightmasters that gives a "kill 5 players" quest  Collect all three and hand them in as soon as you get them done (you will complete them in a single scenario and the Empire one is bugged an only conts kills oyu get in the EMpire RvR zone).  Each completeion nets you 6 silver, if you are diligent enough about it you can pay for all your abilities and renown equipment this way.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 08:14:23 AM by amiable »
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #893 on: August 20, 2008, 08:15:07 AM

Cevik:
Did you roll on a low population beta server?  There are, I think, 8 of them and you can see the pop numbers on each.
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #894 on: August 20, 2008, 08:19:32 AM

Cevik:
Did you roll on a low population beta server?  There are, I think, 8 of them and you can see the pop numbers on each.

I am on Aborash, or something like that.  My wife was logging in and out last night and I kept looking at the pop numbers and it appears to be broken.  On each log in the server populations were randomly either 3, 4, 5 or 65535 and never seemed to vary from those numbers (but the numbers were different on each login, so like at one point our server said 5 and another it said 65535, and then later yet said 3).  So I have no idea what the population was like on the server.  I know there were more than the 5 it said when I logged in because I saw more than 5 people doing PQs as I ran through to the pvp zone.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #895 on: August 20, 2008, 08:23:59 AM

Try playing on Tyrion, there are tons of people playing on that server.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #896 on: August 20, 2008, 08:25:32 AM

For whatever reason in the normal beta servers, Elf and DvG scenarios never popped. If you warcamp fly over to the EvC area, the scenarios are very quick (note: may be different on these newfangled 300 beta servers), everyone just lived in EvC.

And while you can scenario up from level 1, I don't recommend it. Just because skills come so fast at that level, I'd not touch a queue until 7 or 8 at least. You'll be battle ranked up to 8, but you'll have.. the starter attack for your class and nothing else.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #897 on: August 20, 2008, 08:28:49 AM

Finally as I was running around the zone I saw an Order player and I was ready to get my pvp experience, so I loaded my bow, told my squig to attack and strafed directly into a level 10 heroic guard that one shot me (I'm level 9) before either player could shoot at one another.

You were on Aborash last night?  Was the order player you were targtting a Dwarven Runepriest named Oath?  Because if so, that was me!!  Lol!
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #898 on: August 20, 2008, 08:36:20 AM

Wow, I did not know the latest beta invites had no forum access.  Perhaps they were attempting to get feedback on some of the issues that are surfacing... like how little information is actually available In-Game.  I expect most of these issues about "where to go for X" will be on hundreds of websites in the coming months, but that is something that should not be necessary.

@ PQ questions:  First, I am sure that it will happen that in coming months after release the Noob area of some servers/races will be almost unpopulated.  THe nice thing is that 4 ungrouped people can easily complete almost every PQ (3 in some instances)... and that is true up to the mid-20s and into some 30s.  If you want to see all of the Stories play out you may need a full group, perhaps more for some of them.  BUT, if you just want to get the Influence (think WoW honor) for the rewards (which you DO because it is the easiest way to gear along with PvP rewards), then you can solo that. Easily.

As far as End Game PQs.  There IS no reason to do these things once you have moved past their level.  That is true of content in EVERY game... just think "old continent" in WoW.  Does anyone ever GO there anymore outside the cities?  And, they would not do that if the AH worked on the new continent.  WAR realizes that and as such has put MOST of the design into the End-Game content.  They don't expect you to run the PvE PQs when you hit 40, that is when you run the PvP PQs.  And, the ratio of End-Game content to Noob/Levelling content is about 50-50.  Honestly it is about the best mix I have seen in an MMO, especially at launch.  You won't be hearing stories of people hitting 40 and having "nothing to do", unless they are people that just did not realize what game they were buying and expected hundreds of dungeons to raid at 40 to gear up their character.
WayAbvPar

Reply #899 on: August 20, 2008, 08:49:45 AM

The PVE in this game is not abysmal.  It's the same as any other MMO. 

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #900 on: August 20, 2008, 08:50:11 AM

You were on Aborash last night?  Was the order player you were targtting a Dwarven Runepriest named Oath?  Because if so, that was me!!  Lol!

My name is Welt on that server, but I had a High Elf with a bow targeted when I got killed.  Didn't see the name (I got one shot almost immediately).

Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #901 on: August 20, 2008, 10:16:58 AM

One thing worth mentioning as well is the separation of "role" from "talent builds". In WAR you have your 3 paths of speclization that will increase in power some of your core abilities depending on path and will unlock some extra abilities and tactics that are tied to that path. And while these paths can be categorized into things like tanking path, dps path etc... Putting a majority of your points into one will not fundamentally altar you class role as say the difference between a shadow priest and holy priest in WoW. The ability to have 10 preloaded tactics set and to change them on the fly, not while in combat or for 10 seconds after leaving combat, is what provides the additional flexibility of say soloing build, tanking build, healing build or whatever.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #902 on: August 20, 2008, 10:21:42 AM

There is a quest that leads you to the flightmasters, although you dont get it until level 9 or 10. Basically if you follow the PVE rail, you will end up at a War Camp around those levels. You then start getting PVP quests.

I think we are seeing a domino effect in the Chaos vs Empire lands right now. It was easer to get PVP and Scenario queues there, so more people went there, so it became even harder to find PVP in the other lands.

Before I go on with my post, does anyone know if the Warpstone experience is still covered by NDA?
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #903 on: August 20, 2008, 10:25:55 AM

Before I go on with my post, does anyone know if the Warpstone experience is still covered by NDA?

If its not the elder server, then your free to talk about it.
Baldrake
Terracotta Army

Reply #904 on: August 20, 2008, 10:32:46 AM

@ PQ questions:  First, I am sure that it will happen that in coming months after release the Noob area of some servers/races will be almost unpopulated.  THe nice thing is that 4 ungrouped people can easily complete almost every PQ (3 in some instances)... and that is true up to the mid-20s and into some 30s.  If you want to see all of the Stories play out you may need a full group, perhaps more for some of them.  BUT, if you just want to get the Influence (think WoW honor) for the rewards (which you DO because it is the easiest way to gear along with PvP rewards), then you can solo that. Easily.
I'm irrationally looking forward to this game, perhaps because I want a change and I did enjoy DAoC. But I can't help but think for a super-casual player such as myself (very little free time), the experience is going to suck, because everywhere's going to be a ghost town by the time I get to it.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #905 on: August 20, 2008, 10:38:32 AM

Here's a guy talking about the level 40 dungeons (not level 40 PQs).

Since I'm in the EU Beta and no Elder US Tester I can say something about the Level 40 Dungeons from an Order perspective. Whereas many PQ Bosses are rather simple and their scripts easy to master the later dungeons, i.e. Warpblade Tunnel, Sigmar Crypts and Lost Vale, are far far better when it comes to scripting and being a challenge in general. Trash mobs get a lot harder and use different abilities like gtaoe debuff fields that increase casttimes and also do damage or a pack of healers you have to split up and use healing debuffs on. The Bosses get more interesting, for example a beastman Hero in Lost Vale requires the Tank to catch coulds of musk that move towards the boss to keep aggro, or a necromancer in the Crypts who Spanws Two Deathbringer Mobs that move slowly but dish out a lot fo damage and thus require the party to constantly move plus defeat Souls, small champion adds that spawns from your group members.
Having tested a lot of those encounters it almost feels like you have two seperate design teams working on the instances and PQs. Anyway while I was kind of dissapointed by the PQ Bosses, with some exceptions, not all suck so much, these high levels dungeons are lots of fun and demanding as well.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #906 on: August 20, 2008, 10:41:41 AM

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?p=1443047#post1443047

Pretty long review of the game.  Very nicely written.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #907 on: August 20, 2008, 11:00:19 AM

If its not the elder server, then your free to talk about it.

Warpstone is confusing. It was the beta server, now it's another elder server.

Anything not ONLY on elder servers is fair game. Which means city fights are about it for  NDA
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #908 on: August 20, 2008, 11:04:21 AM

They were an issue if you played on a server where they were an issue. The 'faster leveling for underpopulated realms' solved nothing. I once played defense against a relic raid on Igraine where there were more Hibs in our frontier than there were Mids logged on to the entire damn server, and we'd had the maximum level speed for months. And the Hibs were by far the smaller of the two other realms on Igraine.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #909 on: August 20, 2008, 11:09:09 AM

Wait what? So we can't talk about the the tier 3&4 stuff?

I thought there was a seperate Elder boards and the Deathsword server for that.

"Me am play gods"
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: WAR to be released...  
Jump to: