Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:49:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Mythic-EA shuts down Warhammer beta, tells players to come back later 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mythic-EA shuts down Warhammer beta, tells players to come back later  (Read 354508 times)
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #525 on: December 11, 2007, 03:58:47 PM

Don't forget about having Q and E for strafing.  It just feels natural, especially after having been trained to play that way for so many years. 
I thought I was the only one who did that.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #526 on: December 12, 2007, 01:21:44 AM

ESDF 4 life!
ESDF is subpar compared to RDFG.  RDFG lets you set hotkeys on all sides,  while also giving you the bump on the F key if you need to go up to the numbers with your left hand.
Fuck this, I'm moving over to IJKL. That makes me 4 steps cooler than all of you.
Or HJKL if you are a Unix nerd.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #527 on: December 12, 2007, 03:06:21 AM

whats the unix connection ?
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #528 on: December 12, 2007, 06:34:44 AM

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #529 on: December 12, 2007, 07:17:59 PM

Those are also the keystrokes to move your character around in the Rogue/Hack/Nethack/derivative games.
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #530 on: December 12, 2007, 07:29:41 PM

It's no fun to get run over by a zerg.  It's also no fun for your PUG to constantly get run over by the RR12 Alb gank group,  when you can't even field 2 healers.

Edit:  I bring up TF2 because of a couple nights on Team Red where you're staring down a Team Blue with Freshfruit, Mkvenner, Schild, Strazos, Nerf, Samwise, etc.  while you have 6 teammates who need to wear a football helmet to navigate their bedrooms.

These are good points, I was really speaking on more of a perspective of there being a downside to not regulating the populations on PvP.  If you've got a really nice team together you're hard to beat, but even a great team can be flooded by sheer excessive numbers of opponents, and lose through what's really no fault of their own.
dr_dre
Terracotta Army

Reply #531 on: December 13, 2007, 12:07:09 AM

I never understood why anyone would be happy using the wasd or rdfg or ijkl kinda keys when u got the normal Cursor-keys doing its job very nicely.
No mistyping to a key that is next to it.
No aching fingers due to the wrong placement of the keys.

pls explain why the wasd kinda keys are more used then the cursor keys are are made for movement.
Speedbrusher
Terracotta Army

Reply #532 on: December 13, 2007, 12:18:34 AM

pls explain why the wasd kinda keys are more used then the cursor keys are are made for movement.
From an mmo point of view, it's easier to reach the number- and F keys, using wasd than with the arrow keys.

Also, you get a few other available keys nearby, you can use for left and right strafing, targeting etc. :)

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #533 on: December 13, 2007, 01:59:04 AM

Also, wasd gives easy access to the most important key in any and every MMO<insert favourite letters> worth mentioning:

SPACE  (the jump key)

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #534 on: December 13, 2007, 05:24:41 AM

WASD leaves the right hand free to use the mouse.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #535 on: December 13, 2007, 06:28:09 AM

The roots of WASD are I believe due to the dawn of FPS games. It wasn't just WASD. It was those keys plus mouselook plus the row of number keys above it to quickly access weapons. These are all staples now of modern 3D MMOs, even appearing in EQ1 when they added the ability to activate spell gems with ALT+# combo.

Arrow keys work fine too, but are far away from the row of hotkeys most now use to activate abilities. Yes, some folks use arrow keys and the mouse to activate those hotkeys. I'd bet they don't PvP much though smiley
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #536 on: December 13, 2007, 06:49:30 AM

The roots of WASD are I believe due to the dawn of FPS games. It wasn't just WASD. It was those keys plus mouselook plus the row of number keys above it to quickly access weapons. These are all staples now of modern 3D MMOs, even appearing in EQ1 when they added the ability to activate spell gems with ALT+# combo.

Arrow keys work fine too, but are far away from the row of hotkeys most now use to activate abilities. Yes, some folks use arrow keys and the mouse to activate those hotkeys. I'd bet they don't PvP much though smiley

And for that matter, get rid of Q and E for strafing. Put strafe at A and D. If you turn in pvp or a raid with A or D rather than mouse you just fucked up. Q and E open up more options for needed keys.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #537 on: December 13, 2007, 07:07:00 AM

Less ergo-gaming optimal keyboard hand-eye coordination talk more WAR talk. Anyone get a recent beta invite? I'm still hold on to hope and with my beefed up system and updated dxdiag.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #538 on: December 13, 2007, 07:43:00 AM

BETA is reopening soon.  Not sure if giving a date is breaking the NDA.   NDA
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #539 on: December 13, 2007, 07:58:51 AM

You don't have to give me the date, just give me your account.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #540 on: December 13, 2007, 05:16:29 PM

You don't have to give me the date, just give me your account.

I second that attitude.

... although this year I beta'd G&H, Exteel and Fury. Fear my touch of death!  awesome, for real

sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #541 on: December 14, 2007, 08:43:12 AM

Sweet.

If anyone manages to get an extra WAR key, and EA allows you to hand it off to a friend, I happen to have a fresh unused AoC key. If they don't allow it, forget I said anything.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #542 on: December 14, 2007, 09:13:24 AM

Sweet.

If anyone manages to get an extra WAR key, and EA allows you to hand it off to a friend, I happen to have a fresh unused AoC key. If they don't allow it, forget I said anything.

Dear god! What is with you people just sitting on beta accounts. If you aren't going to test it, give it to me. Really. Seriously.

"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #543 on: December 14, 2007, 09:16:11 AM

Sweet.

/em stabs the eggplant and takes the key.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #544 on: December 14, 2007, 10:20:10 AM

The trick, you see, is to sign up with a gazillion email accounts. Although that hasn't worked for WAR.

This account was actually earmarked for my friend when he gets back from his honeymoon, but hell, I already gave him a dyson vacuum cleaner.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #545 on: December 14, 2007, 10:23:14 AM

but hell, I already gave him a dyson vacuum cleaner.

That gift sucks... Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I for one would never lord a beta key over anyone or attempt to trade it for something but would be a good tester and hard worker.

this working mythic?
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #546 on: December 14, 2007, 10:28:05 AM

It could suck the paint off your car! The damn thing looks like ED-209 from robocop. Very cool.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #547 on: December 14, 2007, 11:25:31 AM

The trick, you see, is to sign up with a gazillion email accounts. Although that hasn't worked for WAR.

This account was actually earmarked for my friend when he gets back from his honeymoon, but hell, I already gave him a dyson vacuum cleaner.

Recently bought a Miele vacuum. Very impressive. In any case, if your friend is satisfied with the vacuum, then keep me in mind for that account.  Get off my lawn!

sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #548 on: December 14, 2007, 01:36:43 PM

I actually already got a taker! Don't worry, I get the feeling the gates will be opened pretty soon.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #549 on: December 14, 2007, 01:38:03 PM

sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #550 on: December 14, 2007, 01:38:47 PM

Is that a sad panda?

Awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Mythic-EA shuts down Warhammer beta, tells players to come back later  
Jump to: