Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:42:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1923318 times)
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #4235 on: February 22, 2009, 03:38:14 PM

We killed a bunch of caps earlier in an action in Genesis of all place that I can't find anything about.  And we lost some caps to a 150-man AAA gang when the FC spent an age trying to scoop an onyx then gangwarped his caps instead of cynoing.  AAA are having fun doing a bit of this sort of thing right now, though it must be galling when Kenny posters then claim credit for it on CAOD.  A bit like how Scottish athletes in BBC news reports are Scots when they lose and British when they win.

Bit like that Andy Murray fella?

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #4236 on: February 22, 2009, 03:43:00 PM

The other thing endie, is that camping pr- is easy. Path of least resistance and all. When there is an objective like "camp x all the time, and do whatever so long as you camp x" goons don't have a hard time following orders.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #4237 on: February 22, 2009, 04:13:13 PM

I was just thinking, this whole turn of events has got to make Evil Thug's year.

He sells out to the hated BoB and faces a long war against one of his former friends, having chosen new teeth and a flat over intarnet spaceships friends.  Then, all unexpected, he gets Tenerifis for free, ROL off his back, and his deal-with-the-devil counterparty ceases to exist.

Witty banter not included.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #4238 on: February 22, 2009, 04:19:34 PM

I was just thinking, this whole turn of events has got to make Evil Thug's year.

He sells out to the hated BoB and faces a long war against one of his former friends, having chosen new teeth and a flat over intarnet spaceships friends.  Then, all unexpected, he gets Tenerifis for free, ROL off his back, and his deal-with-the-devil counterparty ceases to exist.

I can only imagine eventually there will be a reckoning... but yeah, right now, can't be all that bad being ET.  Which is why I'm highly skeptical of -A- and ROL making a serious effort to come down to bail out BoB.  I mean, really, what's in it for them? 
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4239 on: February 22, 2009, 04:35:52 PM

I don't buy into the "mark my words AAA you got it coming" thing.  I said before, even if we succeed I can't see us finishing the most intense period of sieging in Eve history, with the huge logistics effort and elevated participation and tempo of ops, and thinking "let's suicide into jammed systems with multiple titans on grid and ten bubbles on the gate for a few months."  I could be wrong, but I don't see a serious threat to Catch, Impass, Querious or Feyth any time soon.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4240 on: February 22, 2009, 05:58:22 PM

Depends on how long Ken stays around in their former space, trying to reclaim it.

Or more precisely, how long it stays amusing for Goons to kill Ken in their former space, trying to reclaim it.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4241 on: February 22, 2009, 06:28:25 PM

EXE seems pretty convinced that we will throw ourselves against the walls of "Fortress Period Basis".

http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread.php?t=3710
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4242 on: February 22, 2009, 07:06:11 PM

That fight in A2- was pretty fun, I lost one dictor right at the start then came back in another later.  I learned that dreads are perfectly fine at sniping other ships, I figured the gun size vs sig radius math would be more of a defense than it actually was.

Speaking of ROL/-A-/etc, it was pretty funny in fleet today because a new guy to COL was freaking out about the amount of Russian in teamspeak.  Nync and several other FCs were yelling over each other quite a bit in russian and the new guy was completely unable to deal with it, was quite amusing.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #4243 on: February 22, 2009, 07:43:34 PM

EXE seems pretty convinced that we will throw ourselves against the walls of "Fortress Period Basis".

http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread.php?t=3710
Why?  They'll get starved out easily enough, only three entry points means only three exits, and a lot of hostile space between them and Empire (and bored goons roaming through their ratting grounds).  This isn't Fortress Querious 2007, where the enemy couldn't effectively threaten Delve or PB without securing a region that was virtually impossible to blockade, jump freighters and comparatively common Titans have changed the logistics fundamentals.  I don't think EXE's members understand the sheer number of caps that Goons alone are fielding these days.  Back then even with half the map hitting Q they had to go at it old-school, one station system at a time, and 23-7 lockdowns weren't practical.

If Delve has already fallen, the coalition won't have to declare an offensive against PB, the Goons will cut off their oxygen without even really noticing.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4244 on: February 23, 2009, 01:45:25 AM

Mahrin's summary reflects the realities of holding Period Basis with a hostile Delve: you can't.  Mercenary Coalition knew that they couldn't so it's going to be quite a turn-up for the books if Exe succeed.  Especially when those of us running logistics for our TPAR op found our chosen cyno system in Aridia packed with dozens of Exe evaccing their caps out and since their most effective corp has taken their ball and gone home.

Anyway, a redacted war update for the Kenny members stuck unable to log in for almost a week.  In all of Delve and Period Basis Kenny has sov in two remaining station systems, 36P- and T-MOFA.  Only in 36P- do they hold a tower majority, but that matters little since every tower in both systems is in reinforced, and killing eleven towers in Delve is no big deal.  In Period Basis, DICE have summarily collapsed before the, erm, mighty F13 posters and KIA, and there are a total of four (4) hostile towers left in DICE's previously-sov 4 constellation.  We have also killed all Kenny's towers in our future jump-bridge entrepot system in Delve and are chewing our way through their R64 moons at a huge rate.

PR- remains locked down.

Um, that's it.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #4245 on: February 23, 2009, 03:06:37 AM

Mahrin's summary reflects the realities of holding Period Basis with a hostile Delve: you can't.  Mercenary Coalition knew that they couldn't so it's going to be quite a turn-up for the books if Exe succeed. 
That was why MC tried to get FIX to come along with them, with a JB chain you can get a Q route to PB that's effectively 6 jumps.  But without that, you're pretty much fucked, you can't routinely move the volumes of POS fuel and other critical supplies you need to maintain a real economy and strategic defense without a secure supply route you can run freighters through.  The days of securing an outpost system with 2 towers because you'll have plenty of time to see the enemy setting up logistics for a push are long past, just the bare minimum to prevent a blitz attack in PB would eat a freighter load of fuels a *week*, never mind building up stores, supporting a local production economy, and moving goo and T2 components around, or the multiple freighters worth of Stront a current siege involves.  On the flip side, an attacker can announce their intent to launch a siege by titan-bridging in a squadron of freighters to a beach-head POS or deep safe, then leave them logged out until they need the contents, so you need huge on-site stores just to stand the first wave.

Fortress Querious Mark 1, that stood off the Northern attack on ED-, involved 4 freighter loads.  Mark 2, Jumpbridge Edition against IAAAC hit 16, plus mass carrier hauling ops equal to about 4 more before the JB chain went up.  Mark 3, if it had been done, was about 50 freighter loads.  I don't even want to *think* about how much cubage is involved in the Goons moving all their shit into Delve, but I expect EXE is not prepared to cope with a fraction of it (they have never valued logistics, it's all about the pew-pew to them).

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #4246 on: February 23, 2009, 04:48:00 AM

I think the real question now is not if Kenny can defend Delve, but how long before the Goons get Sov 3/4 in the region?  Any counterattack on Delve needs to be done before that happens because it will literally be impossible to dislodge the Goons once they have Sov3.  (Especially because the compact nature of delve allows immediate cynoing to any system with a defensive force, I think). 

I haven't heard wordm but I imagine that the Goons would like to maintain the PR blockade until that occurs (because it also effectively traps Kenny's capitals deep in goonspace.  So far I have not seen a diminishment in the PR camp numbers, so it will be interesting to see if we can pull it off.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 06:56:25 AM by amiable »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #4247 on: February 23, 2009, 05:57:37 AM

I expect EXE is not prepared to cope with a fraction of it (they have never valued logistics, it's all about the pew-pew to them).

I agree, but I do expect a substantial short term increase in actual pew-pew once goons do turn on EXE.

EXE have been the only GKC alliance willing to fight in significant numbers either in support of AAA or in defence of Ken.

They'll run out of ships quickly, but unlike Ken, I expect them to actually seek fights (assuming they don't fall apart beforehand). In fact, this may be why an offensive won't be necessary, EXE will do what they can to attack Delve if and when it turns goon, regardless of whether goons immeadiately invade PB.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #4248 on: February 23, 2009, 07:42:09 AM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7905924.stm

But spymaster Mittani scoffed at calls for in-game morals, noting that without dirty tricks, GoonSwarm would have had no chance of toppling a more established corporation like BoB.
He wrote: "We don't have any advantages, so we can't obey your stupid 'space bushido'. We're going to spy, we're going to use defectors, we're going to lie, cheat, steal and be bastards."

BBC  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4249 on: February 23, 2009, 08:18:40 AM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7905924.stm

But spymaster Mittani scoffed at calls for in-game morals, noting that without dirty tricks, GoonSwarm would have had no chance of toppling a more established corporation like BoB.
He wrote: "We don't have any advantages, so we can't obey your stupid 'space bushido'. We're going to spy, we're going to use defectors, we're going to lie, cheat, steal and be bastards."

BBC  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Is that article implying that BoB takes the high road?  Because anyone who's been paying attention would be surprised to hear that.  BBC bias Argh!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4250 on: February 23, 2009, 09:07:28 AM

To be fair, the list of BOB betrayals and backstabs would fill several volumns. The article is pretty fair really, based on this incident, and aimed at the ordinary person.

As for EXE they have taken the lions share of the active defending, have always come out, and I can definably believe that they will fight us initially.

Hic sunt dracones.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #4251 on: February 23, 2009, 09:08:46 AM

Is that article implying that BoB takes the high road?  Because anyone who's been paying attention would be surprised to hear that.  BBC bias Argh!

It's easy to say you follow the rules when you are the one making them up  Ohhhhh, I see.

Witty banter not included.
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4252 on: February 23, 2009, 09:51:36 AM

Mahrin's summary reflects the realities of holding Period Basis with a hostile Delve: you can't.  Mercenary Coalition knew that they couldn't so it's going to be quite a turn-up for the books if Exe succeed. 
That was why MC tried to get FIX to come along with them, with a JB chain you can get a Q route to PB that's effectively 6 jumps.  But without that, you're pretty much fucked, you can't routinely move the volumes of POS fuel and other critical supplies you need to maintain a real economy and strategic defense without a secure supply route you can run freighters through.  The days of securing an outpost system with 2 towers because you'll have plenty of time to see the enemy setting up logistics for a push are long past, just the bare minimum to prevent a blitz attack in PB would eat a freighter load of fuels a *week*, never mind building up stores, supporting a local production economy, and moving goo and T2 components around, or the multiple freighters worth of Stront a current siege involves.  On the flip side, an attacker can announce their intent to launch a siege by titan-bridging in a squadron of freighters to a beach-head POS or deep safe, then leave them logged out until they need the contents, so you need huge on-site stores just to stand the first wave.

Fortress Querious Mark 1, that stood off the Northern attack on ED-, involved 4 freighter loads.  Mark 2, Jumpbridge Edition against IAAAC hit 16, plus mass carrier hauling ops equal to about 4 more before the JB chain went up.  Mark 3, if it had been done, was about 50 freighter loads.  I don't even want to *think* about how much cubage is involved in the Goons moving all their shit into Delve, but I expect EXE is not prepared to cope with a fraction of it (they have never valued logistics, it's all about the pew-pew to them).

--Dave

I don't disagree that EXE's going to have some huge problems, but I do wonder how the heck the southern pet entities lasted so long a few years ago.  RMF, RISE, all those random dudes down there had no way to get to empire, but kept on fueling their POSes.  Even when PL+goons locked down the RIT triangle completely, it didn't stop them from fueling towers. 

Depending on if -a- keeps blue standings with EXE, they may be able to run logistics from HED->through catch>to stain>to PB.  I'm not sure if that route would work but it's the only one I can see.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4253 on: February 23, 2009, 12:05:59 PM

I don't disagree that EXE's going to have some huge problems, but I do wonder how the heck the southern pet entities lasted so long a few years ago.  RMF, RISE, all those random dudes down there had no way to get to empire, but kept on fueling their POSes.  Even when PL+goons locked down the RIT triangle completely, it didn't stop them from fueling towers. 

Depending on if -a- keeps blue standings with EXE, they may be able to run logistics from HED->through catch>to stain>to PB.  I'm not sure if that route would work but it's the only one I can see.
Because they did have a way to get to Empire: Through Delve.  The reason 49-U/25S escalated from a minor dustup over a few moons into a do-or-die flashpoint of the entire war was that from 49-U you could base for commerce interdiction against the chokepoint systems of southern Delve (if you wanted to get to the deep south, you had to go through one of two systems).  BoB staged regular spacelift into Delve, but from there they were on their own.  They kept it up after they were locked down because they'd stocked large supplies ahead of time.  And frankly, back then you didn't need nearly as much as you do these days, sieges were rarely races to 51% in 50+ moon systems.  Ordinary capital-hauling logistics actually had a chance of keeping up, because it was nearly as hard for your opposite numbers.

That's why RIT collapsed so fast after the JB highway got close to it, and why the same happened in 49-U/25S when we opened the JB's there.  When you're hauling in POS and Dread fuel in lots of a few thousand m3, and the other side can literally move *millions* in cubage, you're not playing the same game, strategically.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4254 on: February 23, 2009, 12:32:48 PM

Question: Is it just not possible to develop the fuel inside your own 0.0 space? What is the major limitation?

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4255 on: February 23, 2009, 12:39:08 PM

Question: Is it just not possible to develop the fuel inside your own 0.0 space? What is the major limitation?
1) Much of the fuel is NPC market stuff you absolutely must bring from Empire.  It's about 40% of the total volume.

2) The biggest chunk of the ice-derived fuel is regional.  You can only get one type of isotopes in your region, generally for the tower type of the race closest to that region (so the SE is all Amarr type isotopes).

3) Staging ice-mining ops in a war zone on these scales is...not what you want to be making long-term strategic bets on.

4) Ice mining requires specialized skills and equipment, and it's so boring as to make ordinary mining appear like playing Bejeweled in comparison.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4256 on: February 23, 2009, 12:56:16 PM

So in theory land where practicality isn't an issue, outside of the NPC Market items, you could keep all your fuel internal, if you only used the regional towers.

trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4257 on: February 23, 2009, 01:00:10 PM

Because they did have a way to get to Empire: Through Delve.  The reason 49-U/25S escalated from a minor dustup over a few moons into a do-or-die flashpoint of the entire war was that from 49-U you could base for commerce interdiction against the chokepoint systems of southern Delve (if you wanted to get to the deep south, you had to go through one of two systems).  BoB staged regular spacelift into Delve, but from there they were on their own.  They kept it up after they were locked down because they'd stocked large supplies ahead of time.  And frankly, back then you didn't need nearly as much as you do these days, sieges were rarely races to 51% in 50+ moon systems.  Ordinary capital-hauling logistics actually had a chance of keeping up, because it was nearly as hard for your opposite numbers.

That's why RIT collapsed so fast after the JB highway got close to it, and why the same happened in 49-U/25S when we opened the JB's there.  When you're hauling in POS and Dread fuel in lots of a few thousand m3, and the other side can literally move *millions* in cubage, you're not playing the same game, strategically.

--Dave

I don't want to doubt you too much, I'm pretty  surprised though that RISE ran fuel in all the way from Paragon Soul, but it does make sense.

I will disagree on the amount of towers-even back then it was usually a race to 50% .  KOS's failed spam of the RIT triangle (a month prior to the bridges linking up) had them towering to 50%, and RISE was only just behind on the amount of towers.  2-r was 100% towered (12 moons, and K-9 had about 15ish if I remember right.  BoB even 100%ed JO-, which was 32 moons, after they'd raced to 51% in both D2E (where they got it) and 66- (where UNL did).  R97 was one of the few exceptions, but there really was a ton of towering back in those days.
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #4258 on: February 23, 2009, 01:08:13 PM

Wasn't this the time when there was no 5 towers/downtime hardcap?
Possibly systems were spammed completely to flip/gain sov quickly, then towers were teared down again and used elsewhere?

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #4259 on: February 23, 2009, 01:22:27 PM

So in theory land where practicality isn't an issue, outside of the NPC Market items, you could keep all your fuel internal, if you only used the regional towers.

In theory, but as Mahrin said, the NPC market stuff makes up 40%.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4260 on: February 23, 2009, 01:45:59 PM

Look, I don't want to appear in any way hyper-critical here, but if Kenny is going to arrange 150-man rescue gangs to bust them out of PR- in the middle of their own (euro) prime then it's important not to then find themselves getting nothing out of the station, losing plenty of the would-be rescuers, and having to sacrifice command ships as a diversion in order to get the rest of their posse back out again when we immediately spike to 350 friendlies in defence.

Warning! Incoming Goon Forums Leak!!!

Since we are enjoying exe and Kenny forum porn I thought it was only fair to reciprocate:

This is fucking awesome. They try to break themselves out, and wind up trapping more of themselves there instead. hahahahahahaha

The gang that came to rescue goku got trapped so now they're trying to figure out how they're going to rescue the rescue gang.

They're bouncing between safespots and periodically warping to gates and the station and the cages and getting stuck in shit constantly.

Shit is exploding and it all belongs to goku log in this shit is bananas!

What's happening?

shall we say, rather favorably for us See what I did there?

During this episode two more Kenny R64 moons died as capswarm rolled on unaffected.

Kenny are now popping their own tower mods with pos gunners to try and deny us their phat loot.  Doesn't sound like they expect to hold much of this stuff.  Also, their current strategy in PR- involves stealth bombers.  Stealth bombers  awesome, for real.

Twitter - Endieposts

trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4261 on: February 23, 2009, 01:52:30 PM

Wasn't this the time when there was no 5 towers/downtime hardcap?
Possibly systems were spammed completely to flip/gain sov quickly, then towers were teared down again and used elsewhere?

Nope, in the time between Goons killing LV and the 5 towers/day (and sov3) patch, all that happened in the south was BoB's very slow push (with unsieged dreads) through part of Feyth and Omist and into Tenefiris.  Most of the big fights happened with huge spam-9-9 went to full towered, D2E did, 66-  did, XGH was close, RIT/GHZ/5P did, JO- did, 0oy did (all 7!), 2-r as well. 
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4262 on: February 23, 2009, 01:59:20 PM

I don't want to doubt you too much, I'm pretty  surprised though that RISE ran fuel in all the way from Paragon Soul, but it does make sense.

I will disagree on the amount of towers-even back then it was usually a race to 50% .  KOS's failed spam of the RIT triangle (a month prior to the bridges linking up) had them towering to 50%, and RISE was only just behind on the amount of towers.  2-r was 100% towered (12 moons, and K-9 had about 15ish if I remember right.  BoB even 100%ed JO-, which was 32 moons, after they'd raced to 51% in both D2E (where they got it) and 66- (where UNL did).  R97 was one of the few exceptions, but there really was a ton of towering back in those days.
When BoB was in-theater, they had direct Titan space lift support and a logistical advantage.  And many of those campaigns turned on logistics far more than anyone wanted to admit, being able to support the fuel load *and* still bring in Stront in sufficient quantities for effective POS-busting simply proved too difficult.  That was how we broke IAAAC in 49-U, when they started stronting towers for 24 hours and trying to kill POS without Siege (and therefore only getting 2 or 3 a night), we knew they had already lost no matter how many Motherships they killed.  They could win every battle, but as long as we had enough force to make them cautious and could replace towers faster than they could kill them while wearing them out with constant operations to save reinforced towers, it wasn't going to do them any good.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4263 on: February 23, 2009, 02:04:02 PM

Oh, I forgot to list the station systems in Delve and Period Basis in which Kenny hold tower majorities now.  Here they are now:

There you go.  rest assured that I'll be repeating that list at the end of this bulletin for those keeping score at home.

Oh, and Mahrin can feel a little tug on his heartstrings to see that the reformed Fix guys now hold sov in as many Querious outpost systems as Kenny do, and are now blue to the coalition: http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Sangre_Azul

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4264 on: February 23, 2009, 02:54:33 PM

Also in a rare show of strategic and economic acumen, Kenzoku is now using pos gunners to shoot their own pos mods with Pos guns so we cant steal them.

The economic devastation this will cause to Goonswarm can only be imagined.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 03:03:22 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4265 on: February 23, 2009, 04:36:19 PM

Kenny are now popping their own tower mods with pos gunners to try and deny us their phat loot.  Doesn't sound like they expect to hold much of this stuff.  Also, their current strategy in PR- involves stealth bombers.  Stealth bombers  awesome, for real.
I had a genuine double-take when I was orbiting the 3-9 bubble in my awesome tacklerax (NB: not awesome) waiting to see if anyone would turn up there and then a stealth bomber popped up on overview: "Hostile....wait, what?  swamp poop "

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4266 on: February 23, 2009, 04:38:53 PM

So the general wisdom is stealth bombers are terrible, and history seems to agree, but WHY are they so terrible? Not enough damage?

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4267 on: February 23, 2009, 04:43:05 PM

After adding a few members, perhaps due to people thinking that things would go well a la Delve 1, and perhaps due to Kenny mercilessly recruiting entire corps from people like Purple Ohana and Sparta, Kenny is starting to lose about 2% of members per day.

Among Barbie, the Period Basis alliances seem to be holding up in numbers for the moment, maybe because they really haven't been hit so far, or maybe because they believe that getting their shit out if they bail is even less likely than if they hold on and hope for a Miracle of the House of Brandenburg.

But most of the Querious pets seem to be beginning to plummet nicely.  Each, by the way, showed a drop the week before we killed Bob.  I suspect that they were made to purge members who weren't showing up to help Bob or something.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Blade.
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Skunk-Works
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Axiom_Empire
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/INTERDICTION
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Confederation_of_Independent_Corporations

Those are just a few of the Barbie alliances, by the way, the numbers of which (and we don't see Exe, S-C, Beach Boys etc there, let alone AAA, SE, ROL, Atlas, FI, SCA, Coven and the rest) demonstrate that Kenny started this fight outnumbering the Coalition forces involved.  Kenny members on Scrapheap Challange complaining that one cannot seriously compare Barbie members to people like PL, MM and Razor do seem to be neglecting the fact that diplomacy is part of the game, and each of us chose how to develop (and treat, and stand by) our own power blocs.

Also, why is everyone who mentions Sir T's not having read the posts above him, including Sir T himself, getting Syndicated?!?  swamp poop

Twitter - Endieposts

Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4268 on: February 23, 2009, 04:50:18 PM

Endie I love your analysis and will be stealing it again for PL boards.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4269 on: February 23, 2009, 04:50:34 PM

So the general wisdom is stealth bombers are terrible, and history seems to agree, but WHY are they so terrible? Not enough damage?

From what I udnerstand, they have plenty of damage, more than enough to insta-pop pretty much any other frigate-class vessel, but probably not enough to quickly break the tank on, say, a well equipped cruiser and you have NO tank, so good luck with that.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: