Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:27:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1954919 times)
xorx
Terracotta Army

Reply #4200 on: February 20, 2009, 05:36:03 PM

In which thread, the mittani (for it is he), gave an update on the current status of Delve.

tldr version:

j-l hellpurge will flip it tomorrow

y5c, 5-6 and 7utb are all safely in pl hands though y5c will need a hellpurge soon with 23 finfleet towers to 35 PL

BNC const is under assault, PS-94 fell today, 1 hostile tower on 10 moons left, 39P was sieged and it and 8RQ both have been spammed

EVOL's const is entirely secure with 5BTK and MO-G hellpurged, TCf has superiority in 8WA and will flip it, Y-O has 21H to 15 F RZR towers but all 21 are in RF and will die tomorrow

RKK's constellation W-4 is all done, though many hostile towers under the 51% mark remain for cleanup, thanks for the six stations kakashi-sempai~~~

DICE is busy taking down towers and evaccing their const in Period Basis. You're next.

NOL is hellpurged, C6Y and C3N are ours, and T-M is being spammed by ZAF and had hostile towers RF'd today.

and that's your delve weather update

kenny capfleet status: still trapped in PR- rololol~
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4201 on: February 20, 2009, 05:56:30 PM

Goons are currently doing their quarterly "lets completely shit up CAOD" thing and it's  awesome, for real

I hope they don't get mass banned on the eve of victory.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4202 on: February 20, 2009, 06:00:08 PM

Goons are currently doing their quarterly "lets completely shit up CAOD" thing and it's  awesome, for real

I hope they don't get mass banned on the eve of victory.

I see what you did there.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4203 on: February 20, 2009, 08:40:46 PM

Goons totally broke the EVE forums too, didn't they?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4204 on: February 21, 2009, 02:58:55 AM

I can't give details right now, but we from F13 were asked to run the key spearhead of a very important op at short notice.  We did this and it has been a great success so far.  Still mildly opsec but more info when it either becomes more widely known or is finished.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4205 on: February 21, 2009, 07:27:19 AM

Meanwhile, PR- remains chillaxed.
Edit: The station has killed more pilots than Kengoku have in the last couple of days.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 07:36:20 AM by Simond »

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4206 on: February 21, 2009, 08:10:08 AM

Man Kenny better pull that rabbit out of a hat soon or start with the evac plans.  Pretty sure the good guys are hungry enough to see the job through but will Kenny's used to being on the winning team put up with station simulator much longer?  Or Barbies who saw BoB as the safe bet for that matter.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4207 on: February 21, 2009, 04:45:45 PM

I can't give details right now, but we from F13 were asked to run the key spearhead of a very important op at short notice.  We did this and it has been a great success so far.  Still mildly opsec but more info when it either becomes more widely known or is finished.
So how's Period Basis, anyway?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4208 on: February 21, 2009, 05:15:31 PM

Very very quiet and boring so far.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #4209 on: February 21, 2009, 05:46:53 PM

Period Basis is Best Basis?

Yeah, as Thrawn notes, the locals are not very exciting thus far.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4210 on: February 21, 2009, 06:18:50 PM

Yes, we spearheaded the Goonswarm phase of the assault on Period Basis.  awesome, for real

I volunteered the F13 guys to run some sort of op to take some load off Goonswarm Offensive Logistics, and we got shit done so quickly and smoothly that our target got switched from a fairly secure, hellpurged Delve system to a distant, hostile one with only three hours notice, but after a tough few days we have a good POS majority in TPAR.  We've had a ton of F13 guys there, and it's a huge difference from the op I ran deploying our first small tower in Providence a year ago - and being terrified at the time that we'd lose it - to spending several nights spamming large towers into Kenny's backyard using our own capital fleet and with support made up of command ships instead of battlecruisers, falcons instead of blackbirds and vagas instead of stabbers.

We did this in ZS- before, so we are kinda carving a niche for ourselves.  Specops without the corruption  Ohhhhh, I see.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4211 on: February 21, 2009, 07:35:50 PM

So what was the big surprise? Or are we still waiting?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #4212 on: February 21, 2009, 07:45:45 PM

They aren't telling us, it's very frustrating.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #4213 on: February 21, 2009, 07:51:42 PM

It must be pretty damn devastating, whatever it is!
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #4214 on: February 21, 2009, 07:58:39 PM

You guys don't actually have a different corp do you? It's just like an unofficial squad?
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #4215 on: February 21, 2009, 08:08:04 PM

We're all in the same corporation, Ultrapolite Socialites, which is in goonswarm.  It's not an f13-only corp, but we make up the majority of it.
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #4216 on: February 21, 2009, 08:32:47 PM

Ah, I had actually noticed someone in ultrapolite socialites but then it mentioned nothing about F13 in the wiki entry so I wasn't sure.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #4217 on: February 21, 2009, 11:32:29 PM

Then to put it bluntly, KenZoku is fucked.  *Maybe*, if Goons are close to hitting bottom on their strategic stores and KenZoku still has deep pockets (and can find a way to get at it, assuming it's locked up in PR-), they can stop the bleeding, but considering how much the Goons had to have pulled out of their old territories, I consider that extremely unlikely (they're probably not even done re-fielding all of that).  Even if they pulled off that best-case scenario, as long as they are so thoroughly dominated in ship engagements, they can't do more than hold on and hope the non-Goon portions of the fleets get bored and go home.  Land-grabs in the former Goon space are going to keep anyone from making a try for those alliance's home territory, so only boredom or a radical improvement in performance that starts to bleed the attacking ship reserves would make that happen.

That's their best-case scenario, and I don't think they've got enough morale left to stay the course even if they got so lucky.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #4218 on: February 22, 2009, 01:39:36 AM

It'd take a miracle on the level of Salamis for Kenny to not get their bags packed at this point. Unfortunately for them, it isn't happening. Xerxes is gonna win and we'll all be speaking Persian (Goonian) in the near future.

Barring one of our normal Goonian fuckups of course.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4219 on: February 22, 2009, 02:36:29 AM

Who knows?

Quote from: Mittani
Re: 2/21. We know what it was. We'll announce it in a few days once some more hurfing and blurfing is taken care of. The wait will be worth it, we think.

Twitter - Endieposts

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #4220 on: February 22, 2009, 06:17:55 AM

Aaand it's revealed:

It was never mentioned anywhere that it would turn the war in any shape or form.

Due to being a giant noob I thought it was sov in a station system not station ownership so Darius Levithan will make it safely out of the cooker tomorrow morning.

ALSO GET THE DAY RIGHT ITS TOMORROW!
GF had a titan building in XGH and was due to pop out soon. When GF moved to delve, AAA/Jake wanted to abort the titan. Unfortunately, they didn't understand constellation sov. They took T-AK via tower spam so they had 51% ownership. T-AK went neutral. To contest sov4, you also have to own 3 stations. They didn't shoot the stations. Sov4 was never put into contested.

Oops.

Titan popped out, is safe.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 06:20:34 AM by bhodi »
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4221 on: February 22, 2009, 06:30:52 AM

Apparently the massive hope they were clinging onto was that we would all go back to Tenerifis to Defend the CSAA coming out of reinforced.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 06:33:37 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #4222 on: February 22, 2009, 06:35:11 AM

At least we found out about it this time, instead of having to spend years wondering about the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT again.

Witty banter not included.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4223 on: February 22, 2009, 08:52:09 AM

That was it?  A titan (which they failed to kill in any case because they don't understand the game mechanics)?  That is awful: as if we would abandon what even I am coming to believe now shall be our new conquest simply because a titan might get blown up.  We have had more titans stolen than most alliances ever build.

Edit:

So many of you have been wondering what the 2/21 thing is. Jakey finally realised their fuckup so we're good to post the thread I've been wanting to post all week. Enjoy.

Let me take you back in time a few weeks. Iromei had been funneling the contents of our director forums to Jake Noble for a while, and Jake was all too keen to 'troll' with this information. Every time I was in local with him he'd pose questions about the whereabouts of my alts, before answering them himself with gems such as "oh yeah Cynonet One is in XGH building leviathans". It was this cocky attitude that confirmed we had a director level spy in our midst and helped us to purge Iromei eventually. The point of all this is that the GBC knew exactly what+when our titan yards were building.

When Bob crumbled overnight we still had a Leviathan cooking for Darius in XGH with 3 weeks to go. It was a tough decision to abanadon any chance at defending that in order to throw everything at Delve, but in the end we decided that was the right thing to do. By taking Delve we'd secure the income and infrastructure to make many more titans, as well as getting to headshot Bob and kill several of their own titans-in-build.
Without wasting a second, ET had AAA & ROL & a pet alliance perform a downtime spam of T-AK. This blocked every moon and ensured they would get sov, as we would need to pop their towers to retake it. Losing T-AK would put XGH into contested, with sov4 dropping two days before the titan would complete. For days after ET crowed non-stop about killing Darius' titan. He has promised his members an easy titan abortion and was milking it for all it's worth on Russian COAD as a sign of his might.

So we paniced a little and spent the next week theorycrafting various ways to save the titan, bearing in mind we would not move the fleet back from Delve to do it. We attempted a director-only dread op in russian prime to try and get a good stront timing from the still-unfitted dickstars in system. But alas directors do not play Eve and we didn't have enough to attempt it.

Let me pause for a second to explain how constellational sov works. The defending alliance needs 51% sov in the const, as well as needing to own 3 or more stations. If these conditions are broken, you must meet them again 7 downtimes later or Sov4 drops. Remember that owning stations has nothing to do with who has sov in the system, just who was last to shoot the station and control it. For those of you who remember the Sov4's we have killed in the past, it always dropped 8 days after flipping a station system because it is 7 days from the first downtime that alliance does not own all stations.

With T-AK destined to flip to AAA, we theorycrafted another way to save the titan. By using an outpost egg (worth around 20bn) from our good buddies in RAWR, we could prop up sov4 for a few extra days to save the Leviathan worth 40bn+. It would be an hilarious abuse of sov mechanics, dropping a whole outpost 2 days before the deadline with over 2 days stront in every tower to cover it. However this was all unecessary, because we underestimated how bad our oppenents are.

T-AK went neutral sov on Sunday as the hostile tower claims kicked in. AAA did not show. Not a single one all day. T-AK then flipped to AAA sov on Monday. Again AAA did not show. As of this moment AAA have yet to show their faces in T-AK. They have not shot and taken the station and therefore constellational sov has not been put into contested mode. There was a pants-shitting moment where we saw Atlas shooting towers in 7KIK - the seven moon system for the new outpost. Then it turned out to be a lone vagabond passing through and taking pot shots at the shields. And finally last wednesday little Jakey Noble came to visit T-AK. We saw attack mails for the station and assumed they had realised their fuckup - yet it was just Jake in a covops shooting the fitting service of all things. Shooting the fitting service on a station AAA had sov for.
Sov4 will now last long enough to finish the titan safely and get it out. There was no need to throw away disposable outposts or siege in Russian prime because the sad truth is that ET is the leader of the alliance currently taking our old space. And $30k did not buy him any knowledge of sov mechanics.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 09:00:13 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4224 on: February 22, 2009, 09:09:53 AM

It does add bonus style points to Darius' "Fuck everything else and get to Delve" speech when you realise that it was his titan in build in our old space, though.

trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4225 on: February 22, 2009, 09:57:54 AM

Woops!

I'm  guessing it was more of a 'ah fuck it' than not understanding sov mechanics, as I know a bunch of the grunts like myself had discussed those mechanics in jabber while bored.  I was curious on if GF would come back and defend it (if we'd hit it) due to his initial reaction to wanting to defend T-A.

It's pretty sad that BoB's big deal was announcing that in a week's time -A- would be able to siege a pos that had a titan in it, after they'd lost a half dozen of said CSAAs.

Nice to hear you that LOVEU's doing so well on logistics, TPAR is one of the furthest systems to go spam.  As far as I can tell, the timeline right now is that every former BoB station will be taken before it hits sov3, with the EXE constellation being the only question mark.

edit-jake posted on eveo that he convinced others that station shooting wasn't needed, what a dummy!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 11:42:28 AM by trevorreznik »
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #4226 on: February 22, 2009, 10:09:15 AM

It does add bonus style points to Darius' "Fuck everything else and get to Delve" speech when you realise that it was his titan in build in our old space, though.

Yes fair dues to Darius, not everyone would have done that so, +rep!

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4227 on: February 22, 2009, 10:29:55 AM

Well before you congrat him too much, I believe that titan was built using corp funds (from what I've heard), not his own personal isk.  So the loss he would've taken isn't a personal one.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #4228 on: February 22, 2009, 10:33:49 AM

It's pretty sad that BoB's big deal was announcing that in a week's time -A- would be able to siege a pos that had a titan in it, after they'd lost a half dozen of said CSAAs.

Yeah, I really think they're confused as to what the morale impact of that would have been.

I (and I expect plenty of others) expected that due to the no-warning "get your ass to delve NOW" move we were going to lose a bunch of crap in the south.  The directorate has made it pretty clear that there's no going back (which is public knowledge) and I'm doubtful they would have committed any serious resources to trying to save anything back there.

Beyond that, it would give Darius more to hurf blurf about how serious we are about burning our ships, etc, etc.  Goddamn that man can go on and on at times....
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4229 on: February 22, 2009, 10:39:41 AM

Quote from: CCP Mitnal
Locked.

Thread has gone off-topic and there was no surprise too Sad
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #4230 on: February 22, 2009, 12:34:37 PM

Well before you congrat him too much, I believe that titan was built using corp funds (from what I've heard), not his own personal isk.  So the loss he would've taken isn't a personal one.

Only really matters who is going to fly it. If we lost it it would have been nearly as much of a morale boost as if we hadn't.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4231 on: February 22, 2009, 01:41:53 PM

Goons just killed a bunch of carriers (7?) cyno'd right into the PR station camp, details are sketchy but it sounds like they were scammed by a PL guy to jump to him.

Only really matters who is going to fly it. If we lost it it would have been nearly as much of a morale boost as if we hadn't.

I think it would of been more of a bost if we had lost it and it was pointed out Darious was willing to give it up like that.  With what happened it's not even much of a boost just more "LoL, -A- doesn't understand how to play the game."

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4232 on: February 22, 2009, 02:26:39 PM

Triumvirate appears to have just killed two Shadow of xXDeathXx motherships in a sov 4 system up in the drone regions.

http://triumvirate-alliance.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=2778840
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #4233 on: February 22, 2009, 03:02:16 PM

Goons just killed a bunch of carriers (7?) cyno'd right into the PR station camp, details are sketchy but it sounds like they were scammed by a PL guy to jump to him.

It was 5 carriers, 2 of the KM's have yet to be found.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4234 on: February 22, 2009, 03:19:14 PM

We killed a bunch of caps earlier in an action in Genesis of all place that I can't find anything about.  And we lost some caps to a 150-man AAA gang when the FC spent an age trying to scoop an onyx then gangwarped his caps instead of cynoing.  AAA are having fun doing a bit of this sort of thing right now, though it must be galling when Kenny posters then claim credit for it on CAOD.  A bit like how Scottish athletes in BBC news reports are Scots when they lose and British when they win.

Neither the cap wins nor the losses have provoked any sort of posting oubreak at all: people are wierdly focussed and don't seem to give a fuck either way, so long as towers keep dying.  Kenny had a third of their remaining towers in reinforced right this morning, and of course many have already died.  It also helps that we'll have to lose quite a few more dreads before we've used up all the ones we got free from BoB when they died.  The 23-hour-a-day camp on Kenny's staging system in PR- has now been running for five or six days without a break, and kinda gives the lie to the "goons have ADD" theory.  I am hugely surprised, but I suppose that the hate is strong in this one.

So far as I can see we are down to our last seven strategic target systems in Kenny's space.  Of those, only one, non-station system (edit: and one PR- station system) has a Kenny majority without being fully reinforced: unless they pull something out of the bag (and spam towers that they can defend) they won't have a pos majority in a single station system in Delve, Period Basis or Querious in a day or two.  Expect Verite Rendition's sov map to start showing dramatic changes in the next few days.

On the money-making front, by 7am we had reinforced 21 of their 24 remaining R64 moons (those are the strategic-level money-makers, for those going "R-sixty-what?"), so I suspect it's a safe bet that they are all reinforced by now.  That makes absorbing dread losses a tad more sustainable if it becomes necessary.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 03:21:56 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: