Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:35:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1954878 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4165 on: February 18, 2009, 09:27:02 PM

Anyway, the question of KenZoku survival turns on how much they've got left in Delve when Sov counters finally roll back over to 3

For who? Ken? I'm not sure they'll get that luxury anytime soon.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #4166 on: February 18, 2009, 10:25:26 PM

I don't either, and more importantly, *they* don't seem to.  It's hard to follow how fast things are moving, but it's obvious that KenZoku is fighting this out of strategic stockpiles that are fading much faster than they allowed for, and the stink of fear and hopelessness is spreading.  If the Goons start extending a friendly hand towards their future neighbors (with an implied threat for those that don't take it), it could unravel *really* quickly.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4167 on: February 19, 2009, 03:49:05 AM

I'm not going to give specifics of locations or timing here, since kenny seem so disorganised right now that it would certainly help them work out what is going on, but it's probably safe to give an abstracted version of the big picture for those keeping score at home.

As at this downtime kenny has 254 POSes (less a few popped this morning) left in Delve station systems, of which 60 are in reinforced (this latter figure is always increasing).  The NC are working on Querious right now, of course, but I only know about those from dotlan updates and when the occasional rogue Goon jumps in on one of their fleets and the KMs pop up on our boards.  There are also Kenny towers elsewhere, of course, in non-tower systems, but those have some towers in reinforced already, as well.

In the station systems, a few have been hellpurged (completely cleared of towers for the non Warhammer 40k people out there - the game fuels goon memes), but others have Kenny towers left, where they are burning fuel but not threatening our sov for now.  Of the 254 Kenny POSes mentioned above, 123 are in systems where we hold solid majorities.  Unless they can mount numbers to dominate timezones and drop more towers, those 123 towers are out of the game for now.

At the halfway point in the 4 week timer, we hold sov majority in 13 Delve station systems.  Kenny hold sov majority in 6.  One is contested but with a reset sov counter (stopping them getting to sov 3 for another month).

Of the remaining 131 Kenny towers in Delve station systems where they still hold sov majority, 45 edit: now 57, or over a third almost half, are currently in reinforced, including all the towers in one system that was their last candidate for sov 4, and enough towers in another system (their main target for spamming and one that started with almost seventy towers) that they will lose sov there, too, if they cannot defend it.

It is also worth remembering that our counters for sov 3 are also going along nicely in several systems.  I've also worked out the number of POSes we need to destroy after this lot in order to gain majority in all Bob systems, without spamming more than half a dozen more towers ourselves, and it comes to less than you imagine.

----

In other news, we have been being taunted (as much as someone who has been camped inside a station for four days can be said to taunt) for a while now about a huge shift in power that will occur on the 21st: a massive backstab that will swing the balance of power firmly and irrevocably back to Kenny  Ohhhhh, I see..  I don't know what it is, but a couple of the directors were discussing it and they said that they know exactly what it is and that it is pretty funny.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 04:07:47 AM by Endie »

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #4168 on: February 19, 2009, 04:06:41 AM

Clearly Remedial is going to resub and join BoB, sparking a goon civil war.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4169 on: February 19, 2009, 05:13:32 AM

Endie I'm going to steal your war update for the PL boards.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4170 on: February 19, 2009, 05:17:26 AM

Today I dined in NOL

{edit} More SHC to provide the opposition viewpoint.

Quote from: pesadelo
People are adverse to risk ,yes we have people in bob that way too and i hope they leave to greener pastures, but i really donīt think the alliances that are attacking could make that arrangement .

Why?Because their strength is closely linked to their closest allies (bar PL) ,if anything people would form another power bloc and try to destroy the alliances that apose them namely -A- ,but i donīt really think they could make it under the cynos.

But i think the NC/goons are doing a very good work capitalizing our loss of cynojammers but we aren't going anywhere you will have allot of targets and so are we,so why the hate ?Isnt your dream of PVP like this?Mine sure is.

We are in deep shit yes ,but the people in bob ,at least in my corp, are pretty tight ,we were together in good times we wont disband in the shitty ones that i can be sure off.

Quote from: Kalorn
Nobody ever denied that BoB won't lose members, no doubt including a number of freeloaders who were simply along for the easy times. As to how many 'some' equates to, we'll just have to wait and see over the next few weeks.

We've had a slow 4-5 days or so. You can see as much from the killboards and from the various forum quotes that are floating around. There's several reasons for that, including the large'ish' PR- camp which left a lot of people, at least for the time being - stuck.

Slow days != 'dead alliance'. BoB is far from dead, if you genuinely believe that then you are pretty delusional.

Tomas probably has the most accurate post in this entire thread btw. This war isn't over yet, by a long shot. We'll see in 6 months who is still standing - be it BoB, or Goons/NC et al. I don't care particularly either way, so long as it's fun.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 05:40:31 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4171 on: February 19, 2009, 06:28:00 AM

Wait, their dream of PVP is being camped into a station for days straight?

Mine involves players shooting other players. This is my dream of the sacking of Troy.
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4172 on: February 19, 2009, 08:09:36 AM

What I'm amazed by is the amount of stront/dread ammo being burned through, but apparently there aren't too many hiccups.  I wonder how much JFs have made this possible, as the sheer amount of freighter runs needed would be horrendous. 

Does anyone know the math on capital usage of stront/ammo?  Ignore isos-i'm just curious on a rough estimate of how much has been burned through and what that'd be in ISK/JF loads.  I'm willing to bet with 0 knowledge that it's like 500 JF loads so far.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4173 on: February 19, 2009, 08:13:31 AM

Just another of the many, many, many advantages of Delve it seems.  It's just a couple jumps to empire and a couple jumps back opposed to the 4-5 jumps partialy through hostile territory it was out of Detroid/Feyth/Tener whatever.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4174 on: February 19, 2009, 08:44:07 AM

What I'm amazed by is the amount of stront/dread ammo being burned through, but apparently there aren't too many hiccups.  I wonder how much JFs have made this possible, as the sheer amount of freighter runs needed would be horrendous. 

Does anyone know the math on capital usage of stront/ammo?  Ignore isos-i'm just curious on a rough estimate of how much has been burned through and what that'd be in ISK/JF loads.  I'm willing to bet with 0 knowledge that it's like 500 JF loads so far.

One dread pilot reckons he is burning 100,000m3 of stront and fuel per day, and has never had to wait for supplies.

Titans and bridged freighters are, I suspect, as vital as JFs in this regard.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4175 on: February 19, 2009, 10:39:40 AM

What the Goons aren't telling you, is their supply backbone is actually tens of thousands of Rifters, flying back and forth between Delve and Empire  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #4176 on: February 19, 2009, 11:51:49 AM

What the Goons aren't telling you, is their supply backbone is actually tens of thousands of Rifters, flying back and forth between Delve and Empire  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I believe what they do is weld an outer hull of interlocking rifters around a freight container, rinse, repeat.
Dallan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4177 on: February 19, 2009, 03:25:29 PM

One dread pilot reckons he is burning 100,000m3 of stront and fuel per day, and has never had to wait for supplies.

Titans and bridged freighters are, I suspect, as vital as JFs in this regard.

I remember hearing one day earlier in the campaign that the Jita market had been cleared entirely of stront that day. Some macro ice-minerr is making a killing on this war.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #4178 on: February 20, 2009, 01:05:59 AM

Scrapheap has shut down discussion of the WAR because their mods are dicks as usual and they don't like BoB getting their arse kicked.  I was enjoying the fairly non-biased posts by NESW-Shadoo on tower counts, any way we can get something similar going here?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4179 on: February 20, 2009, 01:11:14 AM

Scrapheap has shut down discussion of the WAR because their mods are dicks as usual and they don't like BoB getting their arse kicked.  I was enjoying the fairly non-biased posts by NESW-Shadoo on tower counts, any way we can get something similar going here?

Just on the weekend where it was about to get interesting.  The fun thing is that they happily allowed it to become an un-modded shitfest or speculation and "you don't undock!  Well you blob!" for several pages to give an excuse for this.

Twitter - Endieposts

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #4180 on: February 20, 2009, 01:29:46 AM

I've got read only war room access but I'm kinda reluctant to cross post stuff unless it's on CAOD.  People will follow the War reports, no reason they won't come here, this place is biased towards goons but at least the mods won't shut discussion if goons are losing.  Can someone who still plays this game contact Shadoo and ask him to post his battle reports here?  Pretty soon after that BoB guys will register here to give their side which should at least provide some entertainment, fuck that scrapheap place.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4181 on: February 20, 2009, 01:54:08 AM

Pretty soon after that BoB guys will register here to give their side which should at least provide some entertainment, fuck that scrapheap place.

Yeah I'm disappointed that JoeTF hasn't been updating over the past while sad...  It's not like he can have been busy flying his ships in space  awesome, for real

Sorry Joe.  Couldn't help myself.  When the fate of Goonfleet is sealed on THE 21ST after AAA's post-DT save-Kenny breakout op then you will get the last laugh.

For those who are confused by that last bit, AAA have a big formup planned after downtime, with fleet BS and dictors called for, so it sounds like they're coming to try and save Kenneth.

Twitter - Endieposts

amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #4182 on: February 20, 2009, 03:20:05 AM

They re-opened it,, but apparently only to discuss "battles," which is completely absurd.  So the talk now is of the "roaming DICE (a KenZuko corp) gang" that was in Delve last night picking off "targets of opportunity."  So we have to listen to some Kenny jag-off describe his awesome k/d ratio.

What you cannot talk about is how hilariously counter-productive these "roaming HAC gangs" are for Kenny right now.  For 2 reasons;

1.  They do not have the capability to attack capitals, so the goons caps are pretty much still wandering around with impunity.
2.  They serve as a disciplinary tool for the Goon sub caps who were told to go to PR- and for some reason (usually involving ratting/mining) have decided not to go.  Every so often you see an urgent plea for help from a Goon in some system 3 jumps away who were jumped by said HAC gang at a gate or belt...  The response is pretty much "ha-ha we told you to get your ass to PR, maybe next time you will follow orders."  So Ken is effectively making their own blockade seem more attractive with antics like this.

The goons are currently dominating Delve with their "camp PR" strategy.  I wouldn't be surprised if this AAA op today is not an attempt to do the same to the goons in their staging system (which would also be tactically pointless because out allies have entirely different staging systems).

Of course, none of this can be mentioned on scrapheap because apparently it is "smack".  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 04:22:52 AM by amiable »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4183 on: February 20, 2009, 03:25:58 AM

I, too, am glad that those who are not doing strategic stuff are getting ganked.  Fuck 'em.

The goons are currently dominating Delve with their "camp PR" strategy.  I wouldn't be surprised if this AAA op today is not an attempt to do the same to the goons in their staging system (whihc would also be tactically pointless because out allies have entirely different staging systems).

Yeah, I was wondering if the AAA thing would be something like that, but fleet BS and dictors aren't that great for system camping, and in any case when they tried to do it with HAC gangs they got chased off pretty sharpish.  Looks more like attempts to force fleet fights or something, although bless them if they plan to reinforce significant numbers of dickstars without caps and with hostile fleets alerted vOv

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4184 on: February 20, 2009, 04:13:32 AM

While we wait for the fights to restart, there were c.73 Kenny towers in reinforced at midnight eve time.  Obviously, a lot of them are dead already, now.

Also, a Kenny dreadnought tried to ninja out of PR- around downtime, which doesn't make sense if they're planning to have an organised breakout with AAA later.  Weird.  Anyway, there were over a hundred people in the camp only minutes after downtime, almost all Goons (lol US TZ Goons), a number which should only increase as we get into a timezone that isn't our weakest, with the promise of AAA fleets to kill.

One advantage of fighting AAA/SE/ROL in Delve will be that, even with AAA's useful JB network taking their resupply down to only half a dozen jumps from their space, that is for subcaps: capital resupply is a pain, and even if everyone has their ship caches in Catch (they don't) it's like fighting Stain in Esoteria: once podded they were out of that engagement where we were in the fight again in minutes, and I flew an eagle in that one to make sure they went home empty-headed.  We've shown what we can do in logistics, shifting literally millions of m3 for the caps every single day with never a hiccup (so far).  It'll be very interesting to see who can compete with that.

Maybe AAA will make a play for Querious, which might even the playing field a little, while running interference for Kenny to threaten our caps a bit.

All speculation, and therefore probably all wrong swamp poop
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 04:15:45 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4185 on: February 20, 2009, 06:45:14 AM

Can someone who still plays this game contact Shadoo and ask him to post his battle reports here?

Don't convo the poor guy in-game.  He must have a bazillion convos running constantly.  I forum PMed him on our behalf though.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4186 on: February 20, 2009, 06:50:22 AM

I'm sure our mods are reading the idea of bringing all these people here and thinking "Oh joy!  I love moderating the WAR thread!"  awesome, for real

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #4187 on: February 20, 2009, 07:16:52 AM

I'm sure our mods are reading the idea of bringing all these people here and thinking "Oh joy!  I love moderating the WAR thread!"  awesome, for real

I suspect Schild and Co are singularly experienced at weeding out the crazies...  Especially after the Mark Jacobs incident last year.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4188 on: February 20, 2009, 07:31:26 AM

I suspect Schild and Co are singularly experienced at weeding out the crazies...  Especially after the Mark Jacobs incident last year.

Not to mention WALL OF TEXT.  Ah, good times.
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4189 on: February 20, 2009, 08:37:54 AM

One advantage of fighting AAA/SE/ROL in Delve will be that, even with AAA's useful JB network taking their resupply down to only half a dozen jumps from their space, that is for subcaps: capital resupply is a pain, and even if everyone has their ship caches in Catch (they don't) it's like fighting Stain in Esoteria: once podded they were out of that engagement where we were in the fight again in minutes, and I flew an eagle in that one to make sure they went home empty-headed.  We've shown what we can do in logistics, shifting literally millions of m3 for the caps every single day with never a hiccup (so far).  It'll be very interesting to see who can compete with that.

Just FYI, most of -A- llives in Catch because of the proximity to a ton of different areas for PvP.  HED/keberz gate, curse, providence, querious, and stain (well at least prior to blueing SE) are all within 10 jumps due to bridges.

I'm not sure what you guys are speculating so much on, -A- has had formups fairly regularly for the past few weeks, we've been doing a lot of pos shooting in the south.  I suppose this is the first one in a while that the GS leadership has told you about to try and keep numbers up?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 08:39:41 AM by trevorreznik »
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4190 on: February 20, 2009, 09:03:06 AM

I'm not sure what you guys are speculating so much on, -A- has had formups fairly regularly for the past few weeks, we've been doing a lot of pos shooting in the south.  I suppose this is the first one in a while that the GS leadership has told you about to try and keep numbers up?

I think it's because most Goons are hoping for -A- to show up so we have some stuff to shoot at.  We certainly are having no problems keeping numbers up and your average Goon is well aware that -A- is forming up regularly to take our old undefended space.

It will be dissapointing if it's something as simple as "Hey look, we got X to steal a Titan from you." or "Lawl we blew up a CSAA in your old Sov 4 capital." Goons will be filled with a lack of caring as they continue steamrolling insane amounts of towers every day in the richest region in the game.  Even if through some miracle they turned it around and disbanded GS and we lost all our sov it wouldn't be a huge deal?  We have no sov 3 or 4 or anything to care about much right now anyways.  It would set us back a few days at best and that's it.

So we'd much rather it be that Kenny is bringing up some more/new pet alliances for us to shoot at because I doubt we'd care much about any other possible event.  Maybe Kenny could even be turned into -A- pets now!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 09:09:11 AM by Thrawn »

Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #4191 on: February 20, 2009, 09:10:07 AM

http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/Verite/influence.png

Look at that little yellow beating heart in the middle of Delve.  It's cute now, but soon it will grow.

Also, look at how fast ROL and AAA have carved up Feythabolis.  Detorid and Tenerifis is holding steady for now.  I wonder who gets it?

Witty banter not included.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #4192 on: February 20, 2009, 09:29:11 AM

Syndicate hungers.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4193 on: February 20, 2009, 09:36:51 AM

Seriously, if AAA turn up in force I will be there with bells on. I have battleships and a ton of other ex firesale crap ready and waiting to die. And I feel most other guys will be the same

And I seriously don't think them disbanding Goonswarm would do anything. All that would happen is our towers would drop sov for a day maybe 2 which would not change the strategic picture one iota as they would claim full force again the moment we were in a new alliance as everyone found out 2 weeks ago. We are basing out of NPC stations for ops, so who cares really?

Hic sunt dracones.
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #4194 on: February 20, 2009, 10:34:14 AM

http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/Verite/influence.png

Look at that little yellow cancer in the middle of Delve.  It's cute now, but soon it will grow.

Fixed!

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #4195 on: February 20, 2009, 10:45:48 AM

Seriously, if AAA turn up in force I will be there with bells on. I have battleships and a ton of other ex firesale crap ready and waiting to die. And I feel most other guys will be the same

And I seriously don't think them disbanding Goonswarm would do anything. All that would happen is our towers would drop sov for a day maybe 2 which would not change the strategic picture one iota as they would claim full force again the moment we were in a new alliance as everyone found out 2 weeks ago. We are basing out of NPC stations for ops, so who cares really?

This!

I think the morale is so high at the moment that very few goons really give a shit about who holds sov in Delve. Sure the favourable outcome for us is to take Delve but the fact remains, that most of us are enjoying the assault on Ken & Barbie so much that is more about the fun we are having and the tearing apart of our long time enemies. Bringing in more targets to shoot is only going to add some fuel to our fire and raise morale even further.

The difference between us and the enemy; we've thrown everything we have away, we don't care because we have nothing to lose and will fight tooth and nail. If we have to go live in NPC space when this is over, so be it. Enjoy the ride!

« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 10:47:20 AM by Predator Irl »

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4196 on: February 20, 2009, 12:30:13 PM

I'm glad you're having fun but that's the sort of loser talk I'd expect from a Kenny who's just spent a week solid camped into PR-
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4197 on: February 20, 2009, 12:48:58 PM

I'm glad you're having fun but that's the sort of loser talk I'd expect from a Kenny who's just spent a week solid camped into PR-

You don't understand. One of our major objectives is systematically breaking their counter to regain sov 3. Our counter is irrelevant for now. Them breaking our alliance resets our sov claim counter, and that is a concern it is true, but it does nothing to help them regain their sov counter. Our sov sounter will oonly become relevent in a couple of weeks whereas theirs is a concern right this moment. That's why we would basically shrug if Goonswarm went down

Hic sunt dracones.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4198 on: February 20, 2009, 03:42:37 PM

If the Goons somehow fuck this all up, I fully expect them to go down in a scorched earth fireball of pewpew.

Nay, I demand it!

Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4199 on: February 20, 2009, 05:29:59 PM

Calling it now, the October Surprise is Solo Drakban was bribed to burn down the servers leaving Goons confused and rudderless.  CAOD OP threads to the rescue!

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1004230
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: