Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:19:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077  (Read 103480 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #70 on: June 11, 2019, 03:36:07 PM

Any recent gameplay vids? I have been out of the loop with the E3 news and stuff so I might have missed it. And I am not putting confidence in cinematics anymore - Games rarely measure up.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #71 on: June 11, 2019, 04:01:57 PM

A new gameplay video will probably be published after E3 or during Gamescom (August) just like last year. As far as I know, At the E3 booth, they're showing two gameplay videos, one behind closed doors for the press, one public for the plebs.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #72 on: June 11, 2019, 04:50:53 PM

It's First Person camera only right? FPS gameplay videos tend to look all the same. In a good way. I'm very happy about the First Person camera.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: June 11, 2019, 05:33:17 PM

It's First Person camera only right? FPS gameplay videos tend to look all the same. In a good way. I'm very happy about the First Person camera.

Press already had the chance of taking a look at the new gameplay, no one mentions third person camera, so it's safe to assume it will stay first person.

[psst, Falc, very detailed gameplay report from Lega Nerd (italian language): https://leganerd.com/2019/06/11/cyberpunk-2077-anteprima-e3-2019/]   why so serious?

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: June 12, 2019, 03:20:50 AM

One of the comments that flies around after trying the demo is "It's like Deus Ex with a 100000x budget".

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: June 12, 2019, 05:17:58 AM

Yes, definitely (another exhaustive report...some spoilers about Keanu Reeves' character):

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/cyberpunk-2077-e3-2019-gameplay/

While some are already criticizing the tone of that article, the author is basically saying  that they're not trying to push forward any genre or reinventing the wheel; they're simply getting even more in-depth with the game systems compared to their previous efforts (notably, The Witcher 3). And, like I said one year ago, that's perfectly fine for me, also being a "storyfag" sucker for well told stories  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
---

Also consider that, one year ago, they mentioned we should expect nothing less than what was offered in The Witcher 3 when it comes to both free and paid DLCs (which was a lot and of great quality). Maybe sneak in another interesting mini-game like Gwent and we're all set.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 05:21:21 AM by Lucas »

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: June 12, 2019, 07:56:08 AM

...And then we have excerpts like this one from RPS:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/06/12/cyberpunk-2077s-e3-demo-has-weak-gunplay-and-unimaginative-stereotypes/

I’m also increasingly concerned about Cyberpunk’s handling of non-white cultures. Last year’s Gamescom demo drew criticism for its clumsy and inauthentic presentation of a Latino character, and I’m not convinced the Voodoo Boys are a step in the right direction. At one point V, the player character, mockingly says “and who are dem” in response to Placide’s pronunciation. I asked Tomaskiewicz if he was concerned they weren’t treating certain cultures with enough respect.

“Obviously we’re paying a lot of attention to representing different groups respectfully. You know, there’s always a risk. Of course we have it in the back of our heads that we need to be careful about this. We are contacting different consultants to learn about specific groups, and our company has a variety of people with different beliefs. As for The Animals, if you play through the game you’ll see that they’re not mostly black people, it’s mixed.”

He told me that most of the city were mixed race, but the backstory for this particular area concerned most people being immigrants from Haiti. By itself, that would be fine. But near the end of the demo, we meet a white man in a suit and tie who gives us the information we need. He also tells us the Voodoo Boys are going to turn on us the moment we’ve done their dirty work – and is immediately proved right.

The violent black thugs betrayed us, as the corporate white man said they would. If CD Projeckt are trying to subvert expectations – if the punchline is, but sometimes the thugs are really thugs – then it’s not one that lands.

gawd.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #77 on: June 12, 2019, 08:06:12 AM

One of the comments that flies around after trying the demo is "It's like Deus Ex with a 100000x budget".

Stop it. My penis can only get so erect.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #78 on: June 12, 2019, 08:18:57 AM

Stop it. My penis can only get so erect.

It's not the intensity that gets you, it's the duration.  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: June 12, 2019, 09:31:55 AM

...And then we have excerpts like this one from RPS:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/06/12/cyberpunk-2077s-e3-demo-has-weak-gunplay-and-unimaginative-stereotypes/

I’m also increasingly concerned about Cyberpunk’s handling of non-white cultures. Last year’s Gamescom demo drew criticism for its clumsy and inauthentic presentation of a Latino character, and I’m not convinced the Voodoo Boys are a step in the right direction. At one point V, the player character, mockingly says “and who are dem” in response to Placide’s pronunciation. I asked Tomaskiewicz if he was concerned they weren’t treating certain cultures with enough respect.

“Obviously we’re paying a lot of attention to representing different groups respectfully. You know, there’s always a risk. Of course we have it in the back of our heads that we need to be careful about this. We are contacting different consultants to learn about specific groups, and our company has a variety of people with different beliefs. As for The Animals, if you play through the game you’ll see that they’re not mostly black people, it’s mixed.”

He told me that most of the city were mixed race, but the backstory for this particular area concerned most people being immigrants from Haiti. By itself, that would be fine. But near the end of the demo, we meet a white man in a suit and tie who gives us the information we need. He also tells us the Voodoo Boys are going to turn on us the moment we’ve done their dirty work – and is immediately proved right.

The violent black thugs betrayed us, as the corporate white man said they would. If CD Projeckt are trying to subvert expectations – if the punchline is, but sometimes the thugs are really thugs – then it’s not one that lands.

gawd.

I wish I could ignore these things, but I can't. Let's wait and see.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #80 on: June 12, 2019, 09:40:33 AM

I'm super happy we had RPS's hipster white guy to tell us how we should feel about racial issues.

What a honky cuntface. You know that dopey hair is going into a manbun right after the photo was taken.

(I feel all commentary here is beside the point, since the game is clearly must-buy on the heels of arguably the best rpg ever made)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 09:44:04 AM by Sky »
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: June 12, 2019, 09:55:30 AM

He looks nice and punchable.

In any case, while I do agree such problems exist, I also don’t want to hear it from a honky cuntface.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: June 12, 2019, 10:00:54 AM

At this point, I feel increasingly uncomfortable that we’re shooting at predominantly black people labelled as animals.

Regardless of who wrote that, I'm afraid I'd feel the same way. And I couldn't help wondering what are these fucking devs thinking?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #83 on: June 12, 2019, 11:32:29 AM

TBF to Hipster McCuntface up there, it isn't like the entirety of the Cypberpunk franchise of RPG books is clear of such "problematic" depictions. It's very '80's action movie in that regard. However, being that Mike Pondsmith is the creator of the franchise, has been heavily involved with it in all its iterations, is heavily involved with this one and is also African-American, it's safe to say that he's ok with problematic depictions and everyone else should just calm the ever living fuck down.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: June 12, 2019, 11:50:52 AM

swamp poop
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: June 12, 2019, 12:23:16 PM

TBF to Hipster McCuntface up there, it isn't like the entirety of the Cypberpunk franchise of RPG books is clear of such "problematic" depictions. It's very '80's action movie in that regard. However, being that Mike Pondsmith is the creator of the franchise, has been heavily involved with it in all its iterations, is heavily involved with this one and is also African-American, it's safe to say that he's ok with problematic depictions and everyone else should just calm the ever living fuck down.

But, but....videogame drama!!  ACK! DRILLING AND MANLINESS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He09JaBVZdE (Letitia in Deus Ex: HR)

Not to mention the attacks toward Warhorse Studios (Kingdom Come) and the fact they didn't include any black person in their game (because of *researched* historical accuracy, as far as I know).
-----------

EDIT: BUT WAIT...There's more!

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2019/6/12/18662443/cyberpunk-2077-trans-advertisement-cd-projekt-red-e3-2019 (this was already touched upon by the above mentioned RPS author; an in-game ad featuring a trans model)

So I asked her: Why was a trans model used in this particular advertisement?

“Personally, for me, this person is sexy,” Redesiuk said. “I like how this person looks. However, this model is used — their beautiful body is used — for corporate reasons. They are displayed there just as a thing, and that’s the terrible part of it.”

Redesiuk said that the world of Cyberpunk 2077 includes many people who are gender-nonconforming, some of whom enjoy showing off their bodies in public. They are a demographic group with significant purchasing power, and so, megacorporations use their likenesses to sell soft drinks. It’s supposed to be a play on the same sort of hypersexualized advertising that modern companies use to sell products today, just brought in line with the kind of future CD Projekt wants to portray.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 12:32:25 PM by Lucas »

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #86 on: June 12, 2019, 01:24:14 PM

TBF, the Kingdom Come dev was a racist shitbag regardless of what he put in his game or didn't. Or at least that's my understanding.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: June 12, 2019, 10:33:14 PM

Why can't we just shoot bitches in the face not based on the color of their skin, but by the content of their character?

#allvideogameNPClivesmatter

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: June 12, 2019, 10:47:11 PM

I'm super happy we had RPS's hipster white guy to tell us how we should feel about racial issues.

What a honky cuntface. You know that dopey hair is going into a manbun right after the photo was taken.

(I feel all commentary here is beside the point, since the game is clearly must-buy on the heels of arguably the best rpg ever made)

It's great we have you in here to go looking up some jouno's pic so you can take potshots about how he looks. You add so much value.

On the game itself. I tried to love TW3, but couldn't. If this is more of the same I'm afraid it probably won't work for me still.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: June 12, 2019, 11:44:59 PM

We really need to stop with this Political Correctness bullshit. We are talking about a fucking game where you play criminals in the seedy underbelly of society, and people are whining about unfair representation? I hope Trump kills us all soon with his idiocy, we deserve it.

Edit: Now with 50% less fucks given in the statement, for the children.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 11:48:31 PM by Tebonas »
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: June 13, 2019, 01:29:49 AM

Eh, I'm becoming immune to clickbait bullshit.

The true crime was that someone was reading RockPaperShotgun.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: June 13, 2019, 04:50:44 AM

+1 for not giving a shit about PC culture in my video games.

My biggest complaint about Witcher 3 was the awkward third person movement; since this is first person, I hope I don't have that problem.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: June 16, 2019, 06:36:24 PM

So, apparently Keanu Reeves has the 2nd most lines of dialogue in the game behind only the PC. That's surprising. I thought he'd be in it but not that much.

Info came from this article here: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/14/cyberpunk-2077-keanu-reeves-has-the-most-dialogue-of-any-character-besides-you

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: June 16, 2019, 06:42:26 PM

He says 'woah' 1,486,973 times.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: June 17, 2019, 05:09:48 AM

That joke is about 2 decades out of date.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: June 17, 2019, 05:15:20 AM

Aren't we all.  Aren't we all.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: June 17, 2019, 07:14:24 AM

As an optimist, I prefer to see it as 58 years before its time.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: June 17, 2019, 09:25:30 AM

Lol, well played.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: June 17, 2019, 01:11:24 PM

I was thinking of getting this on PS4 (pro) because my pc's 970 and older cpu will likely cough on it...

...then I realized that it's fps and I hate fps with controllers (I prefer them for 3rd person).

Just some food for thought for the other grandpas.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: June 17, 2019, 01:30:37 PM

I was thinking of getting this on PS4 (pro) because my pc's 970 and older cpu will likely cough on it...

...then I realized that it's fps and I hate fps with controllers (I prefer them for 3rd person).

I don't know why but I like watching people play fps but I can't stand playing them. I don't think I ever knowingly bought a fps in my life. Was EQ1 first person? That may have been my first and last.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: June 17, 2019, 01:32:08 PM

Same here, can't play FPS with a controller, while I enjoy it with a 3rd person game.

By the way, CD Projekt will upload the E3 gameplay demo during Pax West, running August 30th - 2nd September. Two more months!  ACK!
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/cyberpunk-2077-e3-2019-gameplay-demo-will-be-made-public-at-pax-west/
-------

One last thing: FWIW, here are the PC specs for the E3 demo:

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-e3-2019-demo-specs/

CPU: Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70 GHz

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V, 2x16GB, 3000MHz, CL15

GPU: Titan RTX

SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB M.2 PCIe

PSU: Corsair SF600 600W

schild
Administrator

Reply #101 on: June 17, 2019, 01:52:49 PM

them: titan rtx
me: oh no
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: June 17, 2019, 01:55:35 PM

Hah, went to double check min specs...no specs released yet on gog

ohno

eta: on the upside, I guess I can get the GotY version instead, assuming I upgrade my pc by then.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: June 17, 2019, 02:01:14 PM

My 1080 Ti is still devouring everything I throw at it on a 1440p monitor 60fps minimum , and I expect it will do so with Cyberpunk too (with RTX turned off, of course; out of curiosity I tried it with Metro Exodus and is a big no-no, as expected). Best graphic card I ever owned (yeah, ok, no shit :P).

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #104 on: June 18, 2019, 01:28:06 AM

It's a CDPR game. I fully expect it to be unoptimized at launch with loads of UI issues and mediocre controls that get patched over the following two years and are fixed by the time I buy the Cyberpunk 2077 game of the year edition. Just like the Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Cyberpunk 2077  
Jump to: