Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:06:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Eve becoming cool again 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eve becoming cool again  (Read 150613 times)
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: November 25, 2014, 04:43:51 AM

And sadly the F13 corp is not an option for me. The second some goon recognized my voice they would be 6 feet up my ass for fun. Pass.

Didn't everyone love your voice? It was the posting that was the problem ;)

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: November 26, 2014, 06:04:32 AM

Well, I'm gonna DL the Client and see about getting a 14 day trial in. A little bored with GW2 ata mo and it would be nice to jump around some systems again even if I dont perminently resub. If F13 wants me give me a PM or stuff.

*edit* Hmm, the doenload keeps stalling out. Looks like the copy of the client the eve website has is Corrupt and keeps stoping. ENDIE! SMASH!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:31:04 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: November 26, 2014, 08:08:58 AM

I just joined up with a srs bzns Merc corp who have a Bhaalgoorn doctrine  Woot! I think I'm going to like it there. Now to figure out how to fund 2 billion losses  Head scratch

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #38 on: November 26, 2014, 08:40:29 AM

Always fly Vindicators in Bhaalgorn fleets.  Neuting is for pussies.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: November 26, 2014, 08:49:57 AM

If I'm going to fly a 2b ship I would rather not be guaranteed primary, that and I don't have Gallente BS trained.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: November 26, 2014, 09:17:48 AM

For serious business fleets flying tight, flashy doctrines with terrifying ability we have European Goonion under Mister Vee: very possibly the most effective force in nullsec.  They fliy Nightmare fleet though, not Bhaalgorns.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #41 on: November 26, 2014, 09:22:23 AM

Does Baltec still fly a Megathron on those ops?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: November 26, 2014, 09:23:52 AM

I always found there is no BS like Gallante BS.

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: November 26, 2014, 09:26:44 AM

Does Baltec still fly a Megathron on those ops?

On Baltec fleets he flies a navy mega.  Come to that in EG fleets he also flies a navy mega.  It tends to be watchlisted on EG fleets since he is the official flagship, but he did lose one a month ago when he forgot to broadcast.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: November 26, 2014, 10:02:50 AM

*edit* Hmm, the doenload keeps stalling out. Looks like the copy of the client the eve website has is Corrupt and keeps stoping. ENDIE! SMASH!

Theres a torrent, this might be it - https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=338967
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: November 26, 2014, 10:09:15 AM

Thanks. Ill try that.

Hic sunt dracones.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: November 26, 2014, 10:33:20 AM

Seems CCP have stomped on some aspects of ISBoxer meaning a few people are selling their beloved minions in the Character Bazarr, some lore about Sansha and Sleepers in Oasa also.

Confessor stats and mode animations [from sisi]

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 10:36:33 AM by Meester »
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: November 27, 2014, 05:19:07 AM

Nice hotlinking of a 55mb animated gif there  ACK!

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: November 27, 2014, 04:38:50 PM

reddit.com/eve is aflame after a SMA Titan pilot was exacuated after making a mistake (or passing fleet info to the enemy) on comms.

Lots of back and forth, but it's given a new image of Goonfleet to the forum now being called by some commentators as the New Kugu. With luck, we might get a new Great War out of it, though it's more Dhrama then fire. It's a pity the guy who may have wanted out of SMA didn't disband the CFC first- it would have given us another Great War perhaps.

(Check out the small text at the bottom too)

« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 04:41:44 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: November 27, 2014, 04:55:28 PM

Goddammit. I just bought the EVE: The Second Decade Collector's Edition. For the USB hub Rifter. JUST that. And the CD. And the book. Not the account. No no no, I'm not coming back. Not today. Not yet. But if TRI TRI AGAIN, NCneversupportouralliesDOT and BLwecanbebought get their act together, and we see the CFC fighting a full on war on 3 fronts...maybe.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: November 27, 2014, 11:56:13 PM

SA is reporting (reddit won't load for me) that :

(7:27:33 PM) directorbot: JUSTICE FOR RAYONAR: When we fuck up, we make it good. Within this last hour a new defector has confirmed that Rayonar was, in fact, innocent. While the evidence we had two days ago made him appear unassailably guilty, this new information has completely exonerated him. We have apologized to him as well as SMA leadership and are transferring him a new Avatar, and welcome him back with open arms.

We don't like ratfucking one of our own based on bad intel. The metagame is ugly and shit happens; in this case we could have tried to be ~prideful~ and act like he was guilty, cover it over, and hope it went away. But he's an innocent man, a loyal fleet commander, and a good dude, and it's on us to make things right - so: formal apologies, his position restored, and making him whole with a new Titan - even after I just wrote a war update insisting that we'd be proven right, we've now been proven wrong, and it's best to own up cleanly.

The real story of the burn was that one of our command-level agents heard a BL leader say "shit, one of our agents burned himself on comms" the moment after Rayonar keyed up mistakenly from his Logi. This had nothing to do with IP data, Digi hiding in bushes, or the like. We now know that there was another BL agent online at the time and that the BL leader mistakenly thought that agent had burned himself when Rayonar keyed up, and now we have the evidence to prove this theory.

*** This was a broadcast from the_mittani to all-all at 2014-11-28 03:27:31.143322 EVE, replies are not monitored ***

Comedy Gold Jerry. Comedy Gold. With champagne comedy of this level, I really want to come back to be there to witness things like that.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: November 28, 2014, 05:43:40 AM

OOOOOkaaaayyyyy....

I Logged on trial in as fresh new Amarr newb yesterday to sample the joy of the true Newb experiance.

Pluses - The new tutorial is fantastic. And the carreer agents are even better. I haven't even completed them yet and I have 2 and a a half million in the bank and several ships in the hanger. That mining frig is fantastic.

Minuses - Ok CCP. WHAT THE EVERLOVING FUCK. I get lots of skillbooks I cant use because I dont have skills. I get a "civilian salvager." Cool. Bot I try and get a proper salvager? Sorry I cant learn salvaging because I don't have X and Y skill. I cant use the modules I have picked up because I dont have more skills. I cant use this ship. I can't I can't I CAN'T. I listened to this player screaming that he had invested 4 days on exploration skills and then find that every exploration site in High sec is utter shit and is swarmed by everyone else, and the only decent sites are in low sec.

Have any of the designers actually started up a game as a newb in forever? It's a total cockblock. I've been given a load of money but that 2 and a half million is tempered by the fact that I have spend well over a mill on skillbooks myself, and even then I still wouldn't be able to use the stuff I'm picking up.  "Cool armour plating! Lets use it!! Whats hull upgrades 1? Yey an afterburner 1! Oh great I have to get the afterburner skill now... Yey named Shield Booster!! Sweet! What the fuck, shield upgrades?Huh AAARGH!!!" In Guild wars 2 and other MMOs you are able to use the loot you get from mobs. Probably not very well, but at least you are not given a wet fish in the face when you get stuff.

This is day one of your trial, the days you are supposed to hook your new player so he will pay up his $15 a month, and its an experience of total frustration. And that's coming from a guy that has played before so I KNOW that I need to get a Drone skillbook etc. A true newb would just say fuck this. Eg. "I have to wait 8 hours so I can get Amarr frig 3 so I can try out a Destroyer? FUCK THAT!!"

Really CCP, you really hate fucking newbs. Do you have any idea about psychology? The only thing you know how to do is hang onto vets. Sort of.

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: November 28, 2014, 08:17:28 AM

Reddit thread on DRAMA!!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/2nmu5a/ivoryrayonar_will_be_fully_restored_and_titan/

Ok. I'm sorry, but that thread is pretty much full of retards. My spock eyebrow was buried in the back of my neck reading most of that shit.

Hic sunt dracones.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: November 28, 2014, 01:27:54 PM

I listened to this player screaming that he had invested 4 days on exploration skills and then find that every exploration site in High sec is utter shit and is swarmed by everyone else, and the only decent sites are in low sec.

I do exploration a lot, and it has certainly had the isk making potential of it reduced [I blame eve: odyssey that allowed very tom, dick and harry to do it]. Actually the best sites are in null-sec camped by stealth bombers and astero[es?], though its easy enough to get to a system [wormholes are your friend] with no-one around [sweet, sweet Intact Armor Plates]. Relic sites good [faction pos modules!], data sites baaad [cept for datacores], combat sites betterer, gas sites, why the hell are their so many gas sites??? I generally just enjoy exploration, leaving bits of carbon in unfinished data sites for the local entity to find. To be fair to CCP, they have talked about making the New Player Experience better recently, some of the CSM in their last summit had a chat to them about it I believe [in the summit minutes somewhere]. Wouldn't be surprised if the NPE got updated sometime in the first quarter of next year.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: November 28, 2014, 03:27:00 PM

Minuses - Ok CCP. WHAT THE EVERLOVING FUCK. I get lots of skillbooks I cant use because I dont have skills.

I know you know it's skill intensive in the beginning.  My reaction has been either "ok I have to buy some skill books as prerequisites to make these work" or "guess I'll sell these or destroy them."   I don't know why, I've never had the WTF!1!1 reaction; the skillbooks are gifts, use them or toss them.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: November 28, 2014, 06:44:11 PM

You'll be thankful for the infinite skill queue once you have all the basics injected.

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: November 28, 2014, 06:46:11 PM

I can't even imagine starting new, I never sold my characters and I still would feel way behind if I ever came back.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: November 28, 2014, 07:44:11 PM

I think it used to take approx. 1 year to get a couple races' T1 ships (frigate to battleship) with T2 weapons and support skills, 1 more year for T2 ship lines, and 1 more year for the skills to fly a carrier, dread, or whatnot. 

But, they've reduced a lot of the prerequisites from 5 to 4, so now it's probably 2 years total.  Of course, despite the reduced prereq's, some skills still need to be trained to 5 considering the ships they affect.  But they've almost cut the time in half, and T1 hulls have improved performance compared to before.

On the other hand, there is no reason to start over now.  They're removing medical clone costs, so even if you're at 200m skillpoints, you can jump into frigates and go have fun and die as much as you want, with 0 medical clone cost when podded.
Abalieno
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: November 29, 2014, 06:43:57 PM

Minuses - Ok CCP. WHAT THE EVERLOVING FUCK. I get lots of skillbooks I cant use because I dont have skills. I get a "civilian salvager." Cool. Bot I try and get a proper salvager? Sorry I cant learn salvaging because I don't have X and Y skill. I cant use the modules I have picked up because I dont have more skills. I cant use this ship. I can't I can't I CAN'T. I listened to this player screaming that he had invested 4 days on exploration skills and then find that every exploration site in High sec is utter shit and is swarmed by everyone else, and the only decent sites are in low sec.

That's the good part, imo.

When the game gives you clear goals to work toward it's fun. You get interesting loot, want to use it, need a number of prerequisites to fill first. Little by little you get more powerful, do more things, learn more, and so on. It's an interesting curve.

The problem is when you run short of relatively quick and approachable goals.

- HRose / Abalieno
cesspit.net
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: December 02, 2014, 11:43:25 AM

« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 11:45:35 AM by Meester »
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: December 05, 2014, 01:37:03 AM

Everyone else seems to be going crazy over it, but to me it looks horrible. Lots of bright colours and you can't see anything because it's all shown in 3D.

In other news, PL lost a Titan and several Supercarriers to HERO in HED. HERO lost the battle, but got the strategic victory. I think it's a pity the CFC is not activity helping the little guys in frigates destroy the elite Supercapital fleet's. BL took 4.5 hours to arrive, got on grid and then chickend out immediately.

Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: December 05, 2014, 04:32:25 AM

Everyone else seems to be going crazy over it, but to me it looks horrible. Lots of bright colours and you can't see anything because it's all shown in 3D.

In other news, PL lost a Titan and several Supercarriers to HERO in HED.

Correction, they lost the supercarriers in Querious [I just see ordinary carriers for HED]. The map, well its opt-in at the moment, plenty of time for feedback. Plus it can be windowed, WINDOWED!
Its supposed to replace the local solar map for probes and whatnot too, though that functionality isn't there yet.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: December 05, 2014, 05:42:19 AM

Comstar is conflating two different fights:

• We (the CFC) killed four NCdot supers plus their triage support in Querious
  • PL lost a rag fighting BL/Hero/Darkness/Kadeshi in HED (with some NCdot support

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: December 05, 2014, 05:49:32 AM

There is nothing wrong with the present map. Its very simple and gives you all the information you want without cluttering things up.

The new one just looks like its filled with Icelandic wank. Not very good to see through.

ANYWAY, done the SOE arc, which was a lot of running about. I got someone to help with the final fight and he said he was surprised to see me running a cruiser and drones as a 3 day old character. :P

I've started playing around with exploration and I really enjoy it. I also have been doing... Courier missions. Yes they don't pay out as much as security missions as you don't get bounties, but bloody hell they complete fast, and you load up on loyalty points AND faction standing. I'm already doing level 3 agents and bought a load of Sisters probes with LP. Problem is that the only 3 sisters level 4 distribution agents is either in a 0.9 for crappy rewards, or deep in low sec for extra gankage. Guess I'm running for a blockade runner.

I've pretty much decided to resub to try out exploration and probing stuff. I remember when I started eve in the beginning I wanted to be an industrialist but I was just forced into fighting all the time. Might be nice to actually play around with stuff like that this time.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 05:51:42 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: December 05, 2014, 01:38:12 PM

Apparently CCP will be removing teams from the game for the moment [unless they change their minds, should be near the end of December], seems like not many people were using them though while the teams ui isn't very navigable it at least is used. There were some interesting applications to them a la http://www.themittani.com/news/crius-factories-and-racketeering. Lets hope CCP make them better. CCP removing a less than complete feature less than half a year after its release! Should have done this with Incarna.

There is nothing wrong with the present map. Its very simple and gives you all the information you want without cluttering things up.

I like the old map too, the new one does look a little colourful. Lets hope they clean it up before its released.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 01:42:50 PM by Meester »
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #65 on: December 06, 2014, 10:46:31 AM

Correction, they lost the supercarriers in Querious [I just see ordinary carriers for HED]. The map, well its opt-in at the moment, plenty of time for feedback. Plus it can be windowed, WINDOWED!
Does this mean that it can be dragged over onto your second monitor?  One thing I have never understood is why so few games have allowed people with second monitors to use them for more than keeping a game-relevant website up.  So much UI clutter could be relieved if you just allowed players to tear them off the main screen. For MMO's, which almost universally suffer from feature bloat and UI overload, it seems like a no-brainer.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: December 06, 2014, 12:22:01 PM

Sounds like it just means you can make it smaller and move it around so it's side by side to your otherwindows, instead of your other windows overlaying it.

But I agree, more games should make user of a 2nd monitor.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: December 06, 2014, 01:15:51 PM

To be fair, I sometimes play Eve spanning two windows at 5120x1080, and being able to window the map will be a great addition to that.

Twitter - Endieposts

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: December 06, 2014, 06:54:45 PM

I read somewhere that you CAN move the map to a 2nd monitor.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 07:02:40 PM by Comstar »

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: December 07, 2014, 07:03:49 AM

You can.

EVE lets you move the position where your ship in space is rendered, which is the center of the on-screen scene.  So, stretch your EVE screen over 2 monitors, then offset the in-space scene to the left so it's centered on the first monitor, center the UI elements underneath the ship if you wish, and leave the right screen for the map, overview, chat, and fleet windows.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Eve becoming cool again  
Jump to: