Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:20:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Eve becoming cool again 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eve becoming cool again  (Read 151454 times)
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: December 12, 2014, 08:54:14 PM

How come none of you peeps are using the F13 channel anymore?

- Viin
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: December 17, 2014, 06:51:11 AM

How come none of you peeps are using the F13 channel anymore?

There a f13 channel?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: December 17, 2014, 08:34:35 AM

Those of us who are in Bat Country tend to use our jabber channel to communicate.  Some people also hang out in the corp TS3 server although at the moment that's mainly for Marine's roams, people playing Eve Online, the rump who play Archeage and three of us in a hidden channel plotting GIA stuff.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #108 on: December 17, 2014, 10:52:04 AM

I spent about a year being the only person in the f13 channel.  If I were still playing, I'd hang out in there with ya, bro!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: December 19, 2014, 11:44:01 AM

Would I be welcome in the Bat ts3 channel? If so PM me the details. I don't give a crap about null politics anymore so I will be a nice neutral spy.

Anyway, CCP have given everyone a bunch of items for Christmas. They are redemable items. UNFORTUNATLY apart from the usual snowball launchers they are just items you cant actually do anything with, with some crap about Eve history. I mean yeah its cool to have "chribba's mining laser" but an actual mining laser with a pink beam or something would have been more cool.

More importantly they are giving free 20 day extra character training, so I'm training up another character on the account to fly a mining barge so I can mine when I feel like it.

Exploration is becoming increasingly lucrative for me as my skils grow. I'm sitting with basically little dear in wormholes at this point and I've taken a few trips into Null as well. One thing is I'm undecided whether to go for Covert Ops frigs in the near term or save myself a month of training and go for the strategic cruiser now. The Astero is doing everything I want it to, and the only reason to go for the Covert ops is it will be much cheaper to replace, the theoretical ability to fit an expanded probe launcher and a slightly higher scan strength at covert ops 4. But the Legion is damn cool AND I WANT IT NOW!!! Decisions decisions.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:50:55 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: December 19, 2014, 09:19:35 PM

I flew and loved the Legion back in the lovehole, so I wouldn't try to talk you out of it.  Just be aware that it's an expensive as hell ship and insurance doesn't cover much if you get it shot out from under you.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: December 28, 2014, 03:02:19 PM

Thera seems to have largely become a deadzone. As someone in the Thera Channel put it "too much opportunity to be ganked, very little inherent income to compensate."

Though someone in the channel talked about how a hole to Thera opened in his Alt corps Wormhole system and it was like the abyss had been opened into his system. It was a hell of a red day on the killboard.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:14:22 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: December 29, 2014, 07:26:48 AM

As expected.

We'll see how much CCP is fussing over their vision for the system, if they make any changes to Thera game mechanics in the January game update.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: January 01, 2015, 02:43:11 PM

A blog I have been over the last few days (It's is a pretty anti goon guy but the numbers on this are solid) posted this chart about the amount of rats being destroyed in various zones between Sept and Nov last year

From http://greedygoblin.blogspot.hu/2014/12/november-ratting-data.html

Some observations here

(a) The fact that he had to multiply the Rats destroyed numbers from Low Sec BY TEN to have it even register on the chart is pretty telling. People may be making money in Low, but its not from belt rats or missioning nearly as much as the other zones (though I'm sure Incursions in low are well attended). That said it was rising slowly but consistently over the 2 month period.

(b) High sec numbers of rat kills were rising and Null is falling.  That can mean a lot of things. His interpretation is people who were ratting in Null are now ratting in High. But it could be that people in Null are making money in other ways. People could be leaving Null for the joy of WH space and new people are entering the game in High, or that simply that the people are quitting the game in Null sec and new people are entering the game in High.

Either way, interesting Data over a couple of months. Without the Wormhole data we cant have a complete picture of what is really going on. We don't even know if the chart includes the WH systems as Null sec.

Noob report. Well, I have decided to run around Null for a little while and fill my Astero's cargo hold with Valuable loot. After 2 or 3 days Womhole and Null jumping I am currently working my way through Scalding Pass with 160 Million's worth in cargo, and have started to look for wormholes to get me out of null to sell the stuff as as the value fills the less I want to go boom. I could have headed back a few times but I threw out all the worthless data site crap and 3/4 of my cargo space came back instantly for the loss of 100k value  ACK!

Once again I have to note how bloody empty Null is. Its easy to find systems that are totally empty that I can probe in peace. I'm seeing systems with 20 or so Anomalies that look like thy haven't been touched. I'm seriously considering bookmarking all the combat sites I'm finding and going to where there are a lot of people and just offering the BMs for sale in local for 10 or 20 mill. Obviously I'd have to drop them in a can or something and skedaddle while telling people where they are, but hey it would be 10 or 20 mill for little work.

When I have a lot of cash banked I might try Incursions, they look potentially interesting. I actually did a level 4 storyline combat mission with an Apoc with cruiser guns the other day. Fun, if scary :)

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: January 01, 2015, 04:45:38 PM

Oh having linked to an anti-goon blog, to keep it fair I have to link to a goon taking stock in a totally non biased way about where all the Nullsec failures are at at the moment. Enjoy!

http://www.themittani.com/features/gsf-christmas-diplomatic-update

Hic sunt dracones.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: January 02, 2015, 06:12:31 PM

Who the hell goes ratting in High sec?  They are worthless except to the newest players. 

If more rats are getting killed in High sec its because more players are doing activities there than before.  Rats in high sec are just a chore like taking out the trash.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: January 02, 2015, 06:29:23 PM

Those include Mission Rats.

Bad day for me. I was tired so I got into a self destructive mood, so I lost a Bestower filled with faction POS mods to a Goovswarm Suicide ganker in a Vexor, and I wasn't scanning in a wormholw to I lost a Stratios I was trying out to a T3 cruiser. 600 odd million isk in one day down the drain... not bad!

At least I was at my snarky best when replying to the "Goonswarm Ministry of love" bullshit Email. And I had a nice chat with the guy who blew my Stratios afterwards so it wasn't a total loss. And I still have my implants. :) I'm sticking with my little Astero for the moment.

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: January 05, 2015, 08:44:05 AM

Black Legion decided to go fishing for supercapitals and Elo logged-off a bunch of his titans and supers in a system where they had seen Pandemic Legion activity in the past.  Unfortunately it was PL's own fishing crew's home system and BL got counter-dropped and lost nine supers (including Elo, yet again) and a titan.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: January 06, 2015, 08:28:21 AM

An overview of the 2014 chess board from a somewhat unbiased perspective

http://crossingzebras.com/the-grand-chessboard-2014/

And The Story of HERO alliance so far from their perspective. Kinda cool actually. http://dailywelp.com/2014-look-back-brave-collective-part-2-2/

Noob report; The Drone regions SUCK for exploration. I went through 30 jumps the other night and all I found were 2 drone region type data sites filled with BPCs for "integrated" drones and essentially worthless drone parts. And the "difficult" hacks had literally nothing in the cans, and a little research showed that is typical for them. There's a fair amount of Combat sites if that's your thing, however. I Have been in Period Basis and Querious the last couple of days and that was pretty exciting, and pretty profitable too. Nothing warms your hull like a smartbombing Abbadon on a gate! Those regions seem to be filled with renters who aggressively defend their patches. But I still haven't lost my little Astero.

Still haven't joined a corp and not feeling the urge to at the moment. All joining a corp does is open you up to wardecs and gives other people an automatic right to shoot your ass. Feck that.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 08:37:26 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: January 06, 2015, 09:28:33 AM

That's a really cool infographic for the battle of b-r.

I popped my Bhaalgoorns cherry the other night hot-dropping a carrier and assorted faction BS/T3s who were trying to defend a pos.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: January 07, 2015, 04:40:17 AM

Still haven't joined a corp and not feeling the urge to at the moment. All joining a corp does is open you up to wardecs and gives other people an automatic right to shoot your ass. Feck that.

All joining a corp does for you is that but you are, I am sure that you would agree, not a representative sample.  From speaking to CCP devs, the strongest indicator of whether someone will stay subbed in Eve is whether they join a corp.

I agree with you entirely that you are really not suited for Bat Country (after all, almost certainly the most effective killers in highsec per capita in Eve), but I am sure that there must be a group out there who would fit your playstyle and unique posting style.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 02:54:54 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: January 07, 2015, 04:41:21 AM

That's a really cool infographic for the battle of b-r.

It is, and they should have attributed it (it's a CFC piece of artwork).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 02:54:18 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: January 08, 2015, 04:35:17 AM

All joining a corp does for you is that but you are, I am sure that you would agree, not a representative sample.  From speaking to CCP devs, the strongest indicator of whether someone will stay subbed in Eve is whether they join a corp.

I agree with you entirely that you are really not suited for Bat Country (after all, almost certainly the most effective killers in highsec per capita in Eve), but I am sure that there must be a group out there who would fit your playstyle and unique posting style.

YOU know Endie, that's the nicest "Sod off" I've ever gotten.  awesome, for real To think I was once the best fleeting member of he F13 division. Ah memories.

But yeah. Oddly, what I'm doing now is similar to what I wound up doing in IAC and other alliances and in goons as well, Sneaking around being invisible. Its kinda what I'm best at it seems.

Of course I lost my ship and 200mill isk in loot to a bunch of smartbombers in low sec yesterday. Its funny, losing a 400 mill Stratios to a T3 ganker in a wormhole does not bother me much (I even had a very nice chat with the ganker afterwards). Suicide gankers I roll my eyes at. But losing it to a bunch of idiots huddled around a gate Smartbombing all day in low sec drives me up the wall. Its the kind of blatantly stupid shit that drove me from the game before. And those guys probably laugh at guy's who sit mining and staring at a rock. I call people like that "Pirate Carebears" because quite frankly its no skill fucktardedness by people who would run like sheep away from anything close to a real fight. Looking at the killboard later I saw that all they were catching was frigs and destroyers. What the hell os the point of that?

So yeah. I spend a few weeks dodging Camps and moving around Null with ni problem, but because I wasn't expecting spider tanking Jerks smartbombing on a gate means that I don't know how to move around hostile space, as sole idiot in the newbie channel said. The same guy strangly shut up when I said hat I had just replaced everything and that I was heading back to Null 20 minutes later, I guess he was sad I hadn't rage quit.

Its basically taking advantage of peoples natural assumption that gates at least in low sec should be safe because that's what anyone with half a brain would have designed. Instead we have "fuck all rewards, infinite risk" Woohoo.

Ok rant over. Lack to grinning. Oh and I came back to Amarr 2 hours later and made 150 mill in sell orders from a good bunch of wormhole systems I found when I headed out again. Not quite enough to bring me back to where I was Pre smartbomb but it made me feel better. :)

Hic sunt dracones.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: January 09, 2015, 01:47:49 PM

I'm back for a month to poke around and see these changes, is anyone from ye olde days still in BC?  If it's a bunch of total strangers doing hisec ganks, I may's well just join Goonfleet proper.  At least that way I won't have to beg other capswarm pilots to transfer fuel for me whenever I take out the carrier.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: January 13, 2015, 07:12:56 AM

I'm back for a month to poke around and see these changes, is anyone from ye olde days still in BC?  If it's a bunch of total strangers doing hisec ganks, I may's well just join Goonfleet proper.  At least that way I won't have to beg other capswarm pilots to transfer fuel for me whenever I take out the carrier.

Well, there's me! And a few others (Uriq just asked to rejoin, Tgr/Zim, Darkona and so on).  The highsec ganking crew are actually pretty quiet: the bulk of the corp are firmly set in nullsec, although a chunk of the best PvPers tend to be deployed with European Goonion from time to time.

Bat Country is an odd corp, unlike anything else in Goonswarm: we have a decent chunk of the leadership of BNI as members on the semi-quiet, as well as people from PL, we're about to grab a (the) strat FC from Stainwagon and so on.  Our jabber channel is a hangout for alliance diplos, the leaders of other alliances (TNT, CO2 etc), and pretty much all the good/chill posters that were in Test.

Twitter - Endieposts

squirrel
Contributor

Reply #125 on: January 14, 2015, 08:48:04 PM

Oh god, I actually feel the urge to play again(Win Sui). I left about 10 - 12 months back as a bat in good standing, just checked my gf.com account exists but has no permissions presumably as I'm in a noob corp. who's in charge now? Easiest to just resub and then re-app and then take care of gf.com jabber etc. I assume?

Also I have an alt with a carrier stuffed with ships I was moving back to VFK - no way to get those without also re subbing the alt account is there?

Look what you've done.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 12:06:13 AM by squirrel »

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: January 15, 2015, 02:54:47 AM

Oh god, I actually feel the urge to play again(Win Sui). I left about 10 - 12 months back as a bat in good standing, just checked my gf.com account exists but has no permissions presumably as I'm in a noob corp. who's in charge now? Easiest to just resub and then re-app and then take care of gf.com jabber etc. I assume?

Also I have an alt with a carrier stuffed with ships I was moving back to VFK - no way to get those without also re subbing the alt account is there?

Look what you've done.

You just need to use retvet - https://auth.goonfleet.com/retvet/ -

What I would say is that we are currently at peace, so there are not non-stop fleets going up for strategic objectives.  However, if you do want to have stuff to do then fun PvP fleets go out of QPO (our current base) several times a day, while the various squads are doing stuff.  Join Theta and they fleet up to kill gankers all the time, although you will probably find yourself being bumped when Tib's titan and a handful of standing-fleet nyxes warp in onto the gate you are camping.

And no: there is no way to get stuff off an inactive account.

Twitter - Endieposts

squirrel
Contributor

Reply #127 on: January 15, 2015, 10:03:55 AM

Thanks Endie, re-applied to BC. For some reason I'm in bloody Curse with a bunch of ships. Weird.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: January 15, 2015, 10:08:09 AM

If your carrier is docked in lowsec then you could use the 'hours for plex' function in account management. This will activate your alt account for 4 hours so you can contract the stuff over.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #129 on: January 15, 2015, 10:12:29 AM

If your carrier is docked in lowsec then you could use the 'hours for plex' function in account management. This will activate your alt account for 4 hours so you can contract the stuff over.

Oh that's a good idea. Might even be able to jump closer to home in that time as well.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #130 on: January 15, 2015, 11:48:12 AM

Bear in mind that it's much harder to jump halfway across the galaxy now due to cooldown times and reduced jump ranges.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: January 16, 2015, 04:05:40 AM

Also bear in mind that if you use hours for plex and then don't actually plex the account then it will be very difficult to persuade them to let you so ever again.

Twitter - Endieposts

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: January 16, 2015, 06:21:59 AM

I've done it before, I think on the second time as long as you plex it you're fine.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 06:23:40 AM by Amarr HM »

squirrel
Contributor

Reply #133 on: January 16, 2015, 11:38:28 AM

Bear in mind that it's much harder to jump halfway across the galaxy now due to cooldown times and reduced jump ranges.

Yeah wow, found that out. That's a huge change, can't say I like it much but I guess it helps create conflict.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #134 on: January 16, 2015, 12:01:29 PM

It also helps deescalate supercap warfare since alliances can't jump halfway across the game map in an hour now.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: January 17, 2015, 12:03:27 AM

I looked up myself on eve kill and I'm stunned to find that I have 1.88 billion since I started in losses. Its kind of sad that I'm actually proud of that, especially that yesterday I evaded the exact same kind of bubble trap that killed me the last time in Branch. I'm getting back some of my old slipperyness. Its nice that I'm actually able to pull in that kind of money as a new character, and hopefully I'll be able to get some serious money in as I learn how not to die as often.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Yeah I'm proud of sucking. But it feels good to pull in good money as a newbie.

Anyway I saw this posted somewhere and its a really nice piece of art

« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 12:23:19 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: January 17, 2015, 12:30:03 AM

Oh and I had a look at the December ratting report. The ratting in NuLL has started to rise again. Lowsec is still so low as to be hardy worth mentioning. Hghsec is still constantly rising

He then compares The High and null daily numbers and while High is totally consisten with people playing more at weekends, null is totally random. His conclusion (which I cant argue with) is that a lot of Null ratting is done by Bots and Pheobe has done little to stop it.

He then breaks down the numbers of ratting for the alliances and put an anti-goon spin on it which I don't give a toss about, frankly. You can read if you are interested. I just like looking at the overall trends.

http://greedygoblin.blogspot.hu/2015/01/december-ratting-analysis.html

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: January 18, 2015, 02:21:41 AM

Battle report of a 5 sided brawl(!) in Provi a week ago, killing about 350 ships, 32 B lost and with backstabing and general mayhem.

http://evenews24.com/2015/01/11/saturday-night-fights-in-wd-vtv/

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: January 18, 2015, 09:10:15 AM

Dabigredboat executes one hell of a bombing run and murders a fleet of N3 ishtars (ishtars shouldn't even be bomb targets normally): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rOrgr6mSkE

Twitter - Endieposts

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: January 18, 2015, 02:42:25 PM

Didn't DBRB fuck off to Test or something?  I seem to recall one of the more known goon FCs bailing about a year ago, thought it had been him.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Eve becoming cool again  
Jump to: