Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:26:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Rift F2P 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rift F2P  (Read 78114 times)
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: July 05, 2013, 07:10:58 PM

Someone said this earlier and was poopoo'd, but seriously, the F2P changes are a baffling ordeal. I logged in and wanted to get my characters in order. I went to a vendor to sell junk and I can sell grey but nothing else and there's all this other stuff that's just inexplicable.

Logged out and into GW2.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: July 05, 2013, 09:14:06 PM

Someone said this earlier and was poopoo'd, but seriously, the F2P changes are a baffling ordeal. I logged in and wanted to get my characters in order. I went to a vendor to sell junk and I can sell grey but nothing else and there's all this other stuff that's just inexplicable.

Logged out and into GW2.

Pretty sure that's the coin-lock feature that is there to help prevent gold farmers from hacking your account and selling all your shit. It's a feature that's been in the game for over 2 years now.

You should see a big coin icon with an X on it in the middle of your screen. You click that and enter the code you are emailed, and then you can sell/mail things again.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: October 03, 2013, 12:44:44 PM

So, there's a new raid tier up and available. So, per their stated policy older raid gear is going up on the store for purchase. If buying credits from directly from Trion, a sword will cost a mere $182 $90 with the bulk credit discount it's $180 for two or a 2h weapon. You can buy everything for the bargain price of $570.  why so serious?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 03:17:02 PM by dd0029 »
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: February 13, 2014, 07:06:21 AM

This continues to alternate between interesting and clownshoes. Every single time they try to add content, they manage to fuck up completely unrelated things in stunningly amazing ways. Their most recent screw up borked the chat system which somehow brought down the entire mail system as well. They also did something with rezes to speed up the process, however if you are dead under a mob, you will aggro that mob when you rez even if you are rezed outside of normal aggro range. This is not the old problem of aggroing when rezzed if you had the mob targeted, it's an entirely new fuckup. It makes raid recovery a two rez process.

I keep waiting for someone to start talking about 5 star talent.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #74 on: February 19, 2014, 10:51:44 AM

Do you still have to pay to be able to use the AH? Or did they remove that?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: February 19, 2014, 01:38:23 PM

Do you still have to pay to be able to use the AH? Or did they remove that?

You have to be a certain loyalty level in order to use it.  1500 I think, which you get from buying stuff from the cash shop.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: February 19, 2014, 02:30:28 PM

You have to be a certain loyalty level in order to use it.  1500 I think, which you get from buying stuff from the cash shop.

The lowest cost purchase of credits or game time will get you enough loyalty to use the AH IIRC. I don't believe you have to spend the Rift cash shop currency to get loyalty, it's purely based on spending real money. This is basically an anti-goldfarmer/exploit thing.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 02:33:57 PM by Rokal »
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: March 05, 2014, 12:45:39 PM

Apparently the new souls that were the major teaser for the expansion will be going live with the next big content patch. Seeing as how the most recent content patch was a couple of weeks ago, I imagine we might see them come May or June.

They will be more expensive than the Storm Legion souls which are currently $20 for the lot of them. It will be interesting to see the cost because they aren't afraid to make things expensive. They are currently selling a set of the previous tier raid gear for ~$200 for the left side armor and then another ~$200 for the right side weapons.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: March 06, 2014, 05:47:04 AM

There's a new expansion coming?
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: March 06, 2014, 06:55:49 AM

Oh yeah, they started talking about it the middle of last year. They have delusions that their five guys, headed up by intern Timmy in mom's basement, can finally deliver on a compelling water based 3D mmo experience. You can see how they are testing out some of the content types - hint nothing new - in the new stuff they added to Ember Isle. The big feature I can see is additional frustration because the quests don't give note that the bear asses you need are either up or down and some of the mobs are occasionally placed off their z axis cluster.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: March 06, 2014, 08:09:13 AM

Ho boy.

What are the new souls though?
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: March 06, 2014, 01:54:06 PM

Everyone is getting what they don't have. Warriors and rogues are getting healers. The warrior healer is a hilariously OP AoE healer from all accounts and rogues get a ST healer. Mages are getting a tank and clerics are getting a bard analog.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #82 on: March 06, 2014, 07:38:54 PM

If only people had asked for that in the alpha.

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: March 15, 2014, 09:34:58 AM

So, the new souls are apparently going up on the PTS on Monday for open looky-looing.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: March 28, 2014, 03:12:10 PM

So, the most recent patch added some new open world content. Yay! Apparently said open world content has raid-esque mechanics. And to the surprise of absolutely no one lots of the playerbase can't figure them out. Sigh. Chalk another one up to designing for the players they want rather than those they have.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: March 29, 2014, 12:01:41 PM

Another raid I can ignore.  Good.  A good improvement, he said non-sarcastically, is the crafting upgrade.  Quest item extra storage is welcome as well.  I'm interested in seeing the UI upgrade too.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: April 16, 2014, 04:49:25 AM

This is entertaining. The new raid tier is already a complete rehash of old content. They have built rooms and put the old dead dragon encounters from the vanilla game in them because "story". 

But whatever. I was curious if they were going to decide that was it for raid content. Today, we find out that there are 3 more bosses in this tier. The top 3 bosses from the previous tier. Thus making almost the entirety of the previous tier into mini-bosses.

Now how's that for some efficient content reuse. why so serious?
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: April 16, 2014, 07:05:19 AM

Now how's that for some efficient content reuse. why so serious?

Why not... only the 12 people playing Rift will ever notice!   why so serious?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: April 16, 2014, 02:48:59 PM

Eh, I've been back and playing for a week or so now.  Burned out on GW2 and as a casual player I've been enjoying seeing the new content in Rift.  The new 50+ zones are poorly designed and a pain in the ass to travel with all the mobs spread out.  Not to mention the constant lightning crashes because Crucia.  But here and there is good content and good old school hot bar combat.  Experimenting with various souls is fun and crafting is still pretty interesting and the AH is nice.

For a F2P game it's pretty good actually.  I don't keep bumping into cash walls like I do with SWTOR.  You might as well sub with SWTOR.

I've solved my eye strain and performance problems by adjusting the aspect and turning the graphics to Low.  Game looks OK but I wish I had a bit more horsepower to kick it up high. 
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: April 17, 2014, 04:22:47 AM

I was playing pretty consistently, but I just ran into the faction grind wall and did the same thing I did when I ran into it in WoW: quit.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Raskoljnikov

Email
Reply #90 on: July 23, 2014, 10:44:41 PM

I have played it around 10 h and for F2P it's not bad.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #91 on: July 24, 2014, 08:49:58 AM

I just dl'd it and played a bit.  I don't know if it's fun yet.  Someone told me to try Forsaken World so I dl'd that too and I've become extremely confused by it.  Some guy offered to be my pervy mentor withing five minutes of logging in.  I don't even know what that is!  I looked around the in game info and found there is something called "mentor/apprentice" that you have to do for quests.  There is WAY too much going on in that game just like in it's sister game, PWI, which I tried a million years ago and failed at playing.  There is so much to do and remember that I just end up dazed.  It makes me feel old and useless.  I don't think I can play Forsaken World and maintain a semblance of sanity.  I'll give RIFT a go, though.  My problem right now is that I'm extremely anxious for some totally unknown reason.  When that happens I start to flit from game to game, or get up and wander off when there's a film or show on even if I'm really liking it... stuff like that.  I also tend to babble on and on about everything.  Sorry.

PS  I don't know who Rankodingledof is but if this game pushes me over the edge, I'm blaming him.  Just cause.   Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:53:41 AM by Signe »

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: July 24, 2014, 09:54:11 AM

Someone told me to try Forsaken World so I dl'd that too and I've become extremely confused by it.
I was going to give Forsaken World a shot until I saw that it was a Perfect World game. I don't play any of their nickle and dime free to play shit.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #93 on: July 24, 2014, 10:38:43 AM

So it's not just me and I'm possibly not an old dog totally failing at new tricks.  Yay! 

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: July 24, 2014, 11:23:21 AM

Some guy offered to be my pervy mentor withing five minutes of logging in.  I don't even know what that is!  
I think it means he wants to fiddle about with your lady pocket.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: July 25, 2014, 07:11:31 PM

So I decide to log in and play my cleric for a bit, it says the shard with all my characters is locked and I don't see it in the shard selection screen. And I have to rename some of the alts on the one server I had made a couple lowbies.

Welcome back, amirite?
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: July 26, 2014, 04:21:29 AM

Same happened to me.  I fiddled around the server screen and found my toons.  They are on their third or fourth shard now and I've changed their names twice I think. Not a bad game though, if you have a sudden itch for keyboard MMO'ing and don't want to pay any money for a re-sub.

I play my rogue with one setup and when I get bored, bam, new souls and new combos. 
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #97 on: July 26, 2014, 08:08:51 AM

I thought I wrote this before but maybe I deleted it instead or just intended to write it but forgot.  Happens.  Anyway, they seem to be having some troubles since yesterday or the day before.  People are complaining that they can't get into their shard and some can't even log in, that shop purchases aren't being completely fulfilled, and stuff like that.  I can log in I think because I do it automagically from Steam or sommat, but if I try to look at my account which has to go through that "Glyph" or "Trion" stuff, I just get a server reset error.  They posted that they realise some people are having difficulties and they're working on it.

I found one of their posts about it:

Default Operations Team Working on Platform Issues

Hi all,

As some of you have reported, our platform is clearly having a rough night. This is manifesting as failed website logins, inability to apply codes to accounts, and other related issues.

While our Operations Team is investigating the platform issues, they've been working on it for a few hours already and have not determined a solution yet. It's likely these issues will persist through the night (PDT) and we'll follow up on them in the morning. Thanks for bearing with the website problems in the interim!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 08:17:54 AM by Signe »

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: July 26, 2014, 12:33:36 PM

I founds them! And my level 44 chick needs a rename. Really? Who takes Muji? Probably the same person who made me rename Mujin in the first server merger. So tired of losing names in mmo games, it's such a massive turnoff.

Anyway, I always forget what I'm doing so I rerolled a newb cleric on some server. Not a fan of them picking my soul points each level, that's half the fun of the game, ffs!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #99 on: July 26, 2014, 02:20:55 PM

You should name her Haggitha because I bet you're one ugly old slapper.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: July 26, 2014, 07:04:57 PM

No she's quite pretty for one of the Barmy girls, all purple with a nice little tiara and the rotting corpses hardly smell.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #101 on: July 26, 2014, 07:20:47 PM

I love tiaras. 

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: July 28, 2014, 11:24:42 AM

And my level 44 chick needs a rename. Really? Who takes Muji? Probably the same person who made me rename Mujin in the first server merger. So tired of losing names in mmo games, it's such a massive turnoff.

That's actually the point I gave up rather than return when I got free time with buying Defiance. My server was closed (leaving me in a player-free stub instance of the capital city) and all my skills were taken away and redesigned. After an hour of rebuilding, I only had two I remembered from before. But the final straw was when they expected me to pick a new name, because somehow, someone had taken "Annli."

After staring at the screen for a few seconds, I logged out, and uninstalled, and felt stupid for having wasted an hour.

It takes skill for a company to so thoroughly botch an attempt to regain a customer.

EDIT: Maybe off-topic, sorry. It's one of the most unpleasant MMG experiences I've had in recent years.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:28:32 AM by Stormwaltz »

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #103 on: July 28, 2014, 05:32:20 PM

OMG, the chat on the rp server.  It's constant really graphic nasty sex talk.  It's the worst I've ever seen.  If you play this game, put EVERYONE on ignore!

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: July 29, 2014, 03:52:50 PM

Really?  I'd better log in and make sure...just..because...reasons...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Rift F2P  
Jump to: