Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:47:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl 2  (Read 128106 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: February 26, 2013, 04:17:00 AM

From Cyanide's BB Facebook page:

Uhhh....

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 04:18:24 AM

Gotta keep milking the cow.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 04:44:21 AM

I'll buy it unless it's a spectacular failure (and even then I might in hopes of a "miracle patch")
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 06:05:56 AM

I'll buy it. 

I've had more hours of enjoyment from Blood Bowl than any other game, I think.  Sadly, that is in spite of Cyanide rather than because of them.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 06:25:08 AM

Yeah. I want to bitch about it, but really, how much enjoyment have I gotten out of BB in all its iterations? I'll buy it.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 06:38:32 AM

I'll buy it -- if the UI is better, there are less bugs, and there are actual features added.  If it's just better graphics and more new teams...
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 06:45:23 AM

I'll buy it -- if the UI is better, there are less bugs, and there are actual features added.  If it's just better graphics and more new teams...

Then I'll still buy it! 
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 07:29:02 AM

Only potential problem this has, is that if they try to push out with an all new platform, they absolutely must bring along all the current races (OK, fuck Khorne, but the rest are non-negotiable). I'd also be sad to lose my current teams.

That aside I'd happily pay money every year because blood bowl is awesome.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 07:35:21 AM

I don't know about the whole "all the teams" thing.  If they tackle this the same way they've been doing their Dungeon Bowl thing, expect DLC teams, Star Players, and other nickle/dime stuffs.

That said, it would be nice to get an actual engine/client overhaul to bring this up to par with current gen hardware and such.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 08:33:56 AM

Gotta keep milking the cow.

More like keep fucking that chicken.

If this doesn't come with a SERIOUS UI overhaul and lack of bugs, it better be really goddamn cheap and I better get a discount for having bought the previous 3 fucking bug-ridden editions.

However, since I've put over 100 hours into the goddamn game, I'm sure I'll probably buy it anyway.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 08:37:29 AM

I don't know about the whole "all the teams" thing.  If they tackle this the same way they've been doing their Dungeon Bowl thing, expect DLC teams, Star Players, and other nickle/dime stuffs.

That's pretty much what they've been doing for several years now even with Blood Bowl.  First Blood Bowl, then Blood Dark Elf Edition, after that Blood Bowl Legendary and finally Blood Bowl Chaos.  The main feature of each iteration was additional sides.  They might make the DLCing of BBII a little more obvious, but this has been their strategy for years.  I don't have a problem with it, obviously.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 08:39:01 AM

To me, a DLC model works a lot better than the new edition model they've been running with for years. I'm assuming it's because the original BB was built before DLC became so prominent and so wasn't designed from the ground up for it. As long as you can play AGAINST teams you haven't bought in multiplayer, then I'm fine with DLC teams.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 08:44:47 AM

To me, a DLC model works a lot better than the new edition model they've been running with for years. I'm assuming it's because the original BB was built before DLC became so prominent and so wasn't designed from the ground up for it. As long as you can play AGAINST teams you haven't bought in multiplayer, then I'm fine with DLC teams.

Just wait until they decide to make special dlc star players  why so serious?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 10:24:08 AM

I'll buy it -- if the UI is better, there are less bugs, and there are actual features added.  If it's just better graphics and more new teams...

Then I'll still buy it!  

Same. Pretty sure my aggregate Blood Bowl time is at over 400 hours, which is pretty much only beat by MMOs for me. The only way they lose me is the Dungeon Bowl model, and even then I'll probably still be suckered in eventually.

The feature I want the most: something akin to battle.net where you can go browse other people's teams/players/stats on a website.
#2 would be real controls for replays.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 10:27:31 AM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 10:49:17 AM

The feature I want the most: something akin to battle.net where you can go browse other people's teams/players/stats on a website.
#2 would be real controls for replays.

Hopefully they will pillage BBM and if they don't build a decent UI for stats at least expose some APIs to get at the data from outside the game.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 10:53:37 AM

I'm OK with dlc teams, just so long as they are all there at launch.

Otherwise, why switch?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 01:00:16 PM

https://twitter.com/Cedriclag/status/306349912596029441

La suite en chantier depuis 6 mois, bientôt dévoilée. Sortie prévue 2014! Check out this #BloodBowl logo!

Loosely translated, they're already been working on this for 6 months, expect it to land in 2014.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 01:20:55 PM

I'll buy it - I have 700 hours in this thing...
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 06:12:32 PM

Otherwise, why switch?

Because they shut down the matchmaking services for BB1  awesome, for real

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 04:09:24 AM

You mean they didn't already do that years ago?   Ohhhhh, I see.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 04:33:35 AM

Otherwise, why switch?

Maybe they are saving all the gui bug fixes etc for bb2 so people will buy it (can't really think of any other reason they are not doing it)  why so serious?
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 09:39:13 PM

steam bargain bin price, sure.
or give a $5 demo version with just a human team, i'd play online with that. coz humans suck and so unplayable.
 why so serious?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 06, 2013, 10:45:03 AM

Teaser trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SULjvP-vHhM

No actual content, but they've already fucked up by changing Jim's voice actor.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #23 on: June 06, 2013, 11:27:04 AM

I noticed it sounded like they had recorded the voices on a Sunday afternoon at the office using a shitty stand mic. It sounded terrible.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #24 on: June 06, 2013, 11:40:20 AM

Yeah, next thing they are gonna tell us "that voice is a placeholder".

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 06, 2013, 01:31:27 PM

It's like they're not even trying anymore.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: June 06, 2013, 03:11:40 PM

You cared about the commentary? I switched it off after my first game - too damn distracting.

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 06, 2013, 03:40:50 PM

So now you like Big Moot Sandwiches :(
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: June 06, 2013, 03:42:15 PM

Looks like prancing to me, Bob.

Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #29 on: June 10, 2013, 06:08:06 PM

I'll most likely buy this just to keep playing in the F13 league.

That being said, if it isn't better than the current game and gets released with teams similar to what BB1 was released with then I'll be very disappointed.
Mainly because it has taken so long to reach the heights of Ogredom and I'm not sure what I'll do when I have to make another team...

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 10, 2013, 07:00:06 PM

Halflings!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #31 on: June 10, 2013, 07:03:19 PM

If it doesn't add anything new, there is no reason to pick this up, imo. The only things we are missing are the Slann, Pact and the whole host of Star Players, so unless they start showcasing that stuff, I'm not impressed.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: June 10, 2013, 07:29:39 PM

What Megrim said. Not giving them any more unless there is a very good reason.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: June 10, 2013, 07:54:35 PM

You guys are too optimistic if you think Cyanide will include ALL of Chaos Edition's team roster in $49.99 BB2 release.

Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: June 10, 2013, 08:09:06 PM

I'm in if they fix the UI, the bugs, and the crappy network architecture.  Maybe include all the star players, even if they look like normal players.

I'd even settle for less teams if they fixed those things, but otherwise no amount of pretty graphics or new teams will sway me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl 2  
Jump to: