Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:55:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: PSA: Don't craft, use the AH 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PSA: Don't craft, use the AH  (Read 79956 times)
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: June 12, 2012, 01:31:41 PM

Ah. Guess I'll finally be giving in on that, then.

edit: incorrect. I just had to find the parental controls and turn the RMAH on manually, even though I don't think I'd ever messed with them before.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 01:46:16 PM by ezrast »
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: June 12, 2012, 01:34:55 PM

And ok stormshields are what, $10m? $15m? in gold?
swamp poop

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: June 12, 2012, 01:47:14 PM

Are they not? I've only been paying attention to the HC AH. I mean, somebody price check an okay to reasonable gold-based Stormshield.

Other than people savvy enough to flip between the two market, if you find some totally awesome end game item, which market are you going to list it onto? The supply for the gold AH is going to dry up, and the inflationary nature of gold is going to skyrocket.

MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: June 12, 2012, 01:59:03 PM

$10m in gold is A LOT of gold.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #214 on: June 12, 2012, 02:00:04 PM

You're reading him wrong, probably because of the unnecessary dollar sign. 10 million gold, not 10 million dollars, in gold.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: June 12, 2012, 02:00:50 PM

Oh I'm reading it correctly, I'm just being an asshole. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #216 on: June 12, 2012, 02:22:24 PM

RMAH requires authenticator as well...

Really thought RMAH would reduce the cost of the AH items by having another avenue to pursue items... completely forgot about buying sums of money. Wonder how long till RNG kills my drive to play.

Well, I am actually afraid of RMAH killing GAH as most people will list their "good" stuff for dollars. :/

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: June 12, 2012, 02:41:35 PM

Well apparently my weapon is worth about 30 bucks, hrrm tempting.

I am the .00000001428%
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #218 on: June 12, 2012, 02:44:33 PM

Are the servers up?! I can't login..  Heartbreak
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: June 12, 2012, 02:48:36 PM

It is extremely laggy right now.  Probably pointless to login if you actually want to play.

I am the .00000001428%
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: June 12, 2012, 02:56:12 PM

15% fee to use paypal and another $1 on top of that.   Tantrum

Guess it's not going to stop me from selling my old monk weapon for $50 though.    Problem is I can't get it to go through.   It sends me the stupid SMS code and I submit it but it just does nothing and finally fails to auction.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: June 12, 2012, 03:16:03 PM

I wonder how the hardcore market will shake out.  On one hand equipment is much more important but on the other it goes poof if you die.

I am the .00000001428%
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: June 12, 2012, 03:22:27 PM

There's no RMAH for hardcore.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #223 on: June 12, 2012, 03:29:14 PM

Just a note if you like to use the Queen's English go to here to avoid patch looping:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271606686  swamp poop
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: June 12, 2012, 04:11:02 PM

Some thoughts after loading up the RMAH today.

I think the $0.25/100k gold pricing floor is going to be a problem pretty quick.  That's a floor of $2.5/million, and from what I read gold on third party auction sites is already only at $5/million.  When everyone floods the market when the RMAH commodities opens up gold will hit that threshold quickly and then cease to be sold.  At that point the RMAH will be the only place to go for all the really good items, and the gold auction house will be a ghetto of mediocre stuff selling at big gold prices.  This is probably an inevitability eventually, but setting a floor like they have should just make it happen much faster. 

There's also going to be a big black market for the absolute top tier items that have a real value of over $250.  Perfectly rolled weapons and other key slots will be worth much more than that.  Although exactly how much more is hard to say, but, well, take a look at this not-perfect but rather good life on hit weapon:  http://www.ebay.de/itm/251081594866?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619&autorefresh=true#ht_582wt_1139
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #225 on: June 12, 2012, 04:18:21 PM

I checked out the RMAH. I just can't wrap my head around real money value for these items. In game gold pieces, sure... fake shit for fake shit is fine with me. But departing with $30 or $60 or $100+ real dollars for an item? I see the value in a subscription given I am paying for playtime. Items? Not so much.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: June 12, 2012, 09:14:15 PM

I'd pay real money for fluff (a buck or two for a dress or a pet) but not for items to help me in the game. It rubs me the wrong way.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: June 12, 2012, 10:20:00 PM

Woohoo!  Made $5 today.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: June 13, 2012, 02:50:34 AM

I checked out the RMAH. I just can't wrap my head around real money value for these items. In game gold pieces, sure... fake shit for fake shit is fine with me. But departing with $30 or $60 or $100+ real dollars for an item?

What's even more amusing is the value of these items is going to drop like a rock when 1.3 hits.   I suspect even in a few days the prices will drop drastically.    Right now it's just a glut of people who didn't want to use 3rd party gold sellers.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #229 on: June 13, 2012, 03:27:12 AM

BTW RMAH is US only at the moment.

Forum post states that "We will be rolling out the RMAH for each region individually, date for EU will be announced soon"

So the rest of the world will have to wait a while longer, which might be a good thing if people weren't already hoarding top notch items in the hopes of selling them for real money.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: June 13, 2012, 07:58:25 AM

So the RMAH is a completely separate auction house than the gold one?

Oooooooooh. I thought that we would have an option between using gold or money to purchase items, I didn't realize it meant two separate auction houses.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #231 on: June 13, 2012, 08:01:23 AM

Have they allowed selling gold yet?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: June 13, 2012, 08:02:32 AM

There's a "buy/sell gold" option on the RMAH (not enabled yet), so you will be able to convert (somewhat inefficiently).

If (and it's a big if) that the flood of gold will take the price down to the minimum of $0.25 per 100K, then there's some serious arbitrage to be done between the auction houses.
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: June 13, 2012, 08:06:20 AM

Does posting an item on the RMAH cost you anything? Not the cut they take, but a posting/listing fee?

I have not read anything on the RMAH and really do not care to even play with it.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: June 13, 2012, 08:10:31 AM

If having the RMAH means that all the good stuff will disappear from the regular AH then that's pretty much the end of the game for me.  Bring on Torshlight 2!
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: June 13, 2012, 08:53:17 AM

If having the RMAH means that all the good stuff will disappear from the regular AH then that's pretty much the end of the game for me.  Bring on Torshlight 2!

If you look at the real money just as you would gold, then there's absolutely no difference.  You make some, you spend some.
The problem lies in the gold exchange.  People like yourself who prefer to spend gold on good RMAH items will have to deal with that market via selling your gold.

I dont think it's really going to be an issue though.  There's so much gear and so many people playing that really, it's not a problem unless you're just swooning over something you just had to have from the rmah.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: June 13, 2012, 09:03:03 AM

Yeah. Assuming the gold market is sufficiently liquid, then it's just AH price * current gold/dollars rate + a 15% transaction fee to buy a RMAH item.

Which means that now you have to check two terribly designed auction houses for a good deal.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: June 13, 2012, 09:04:36 AM

Does posting an item on the RMAH cost you anything? Not the cut they take, but a posting/listing fee?

I have not read anything on the RMAH and really do not care to even play with it.

No it doesn't.

I am the .00000001428%
Raknor
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: June 13, 2012, 09:12:56 AM

I ordered a digital copy of Diablo 3 and I'm locked out of the RMAH for 3 days.. Some what annoying even if I only wanted to browse.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: June 13, 2012, 09:37:55 AM

If you look at the real money just as you would gold, then there's absolutely no difference.  You make some, you spend some.
The problem lies in the gold exchange.  People like yourself who prefer to spend gold on good RMAH items will have to deal with that market via selling your gold.

I dont think it's really going to be an issue though.  There's so much gear and so many people playing that really, it's not a problem unless you're just swooning over something you just had to have from the rmah.

The problem with that is you (I think) you need to hook up your bank account (via paypal) to blizzard before you can sell an item on the RMAH.  So if you want to deal only in gold (and I def don't trust paypal with my bank account, let alone blizzard) then you are probably SOL for doing this.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: June 13, 2012, 10:54:16 AM

Plus the fact you can't sell anything without buying an authenticator.

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: June 13, 2012, 11:24:15 AM

The problem with that is you (I think) you need to hook up your bank account (via paypal) to blizzard before you can sell an item on the RMAH.  So if you want to deal only in gold (and I def don't trust paypal with my bank account, let alone blizzard) then you are probably SOL for doing this.

Do you actually need a bank account tied to paypal to accept payments?
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: June 13, 2012, 11:25:48 AM

Nope - you can keep your real money earnings in your Battle.net Balance (read: only spendable on Blizzard stuff) without linking any financial info. Even if you want actual money from it, Blizzard wants nothing at all to do with your banking information - they only let you cash out to Paypal; you then have to deal with Paypal in order to get the money into your bank (which they will charge another fee for, of course).
Terracotta Army

Reply #243 on: June 13, 2012, 11:43:14 AM

So I can drop some stuff up on the RMAH and set a "real" price to it and if it sells, I get that money in a battle.net balance linked to my account to be used on the RMAH or other bliz stuff (from what I read)? If I want the cash, THEN I have to linke a paypal account up to battle.net and offload the cash to my paypal/bank account for a fee? If I do not want, I can let the battle.net balance continue to accumulate just as my gold coins do on the other AH? FFS, I need a manual for this with multiple appendices.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: June 13, 2012, 11:53:38 AM

If having the RMAH means that all the good stuff will disappear from the regular AH then that's pretty much the end of the game for me.  Bring on Torshlight 2!

If you look at the real money just as you would gold, then there's absolutely no difference.  You make some, you spend some.
The problem lies in the gold exchange.  People like yourself who prefer to spend gold on good RMAH items will have to deal with that market via selling your gold.

I dont think it's really going to be an issue though.  There's so much gear and so many people playing that really, it's not a problem unless you're just swooning over something you just had to have from the rmah.

Plus the fact you can't sell anything without buying an authenticator.

There's an app for that.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: PSA: Don't craft, use the AH  
Jump to: