Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 03:25:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011  (Read 386897 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #735 on: October 16, 2011, 06:49:45 PM

Glad to see the old Browns are back! WHOO HOOO!!
It seemed like they were in it till the end.

I'll be back for the draft. cry
Your team will need to suck more if they want a chance at Luck.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #736 on: October 17, 2011, 02:27:37 AM

Yeah, the Dolphins and Colts are out-sucking the Browns by a wide margin this year.

What the hell, Tampa Bay?  Can the real Buccaneers please stand up?  You get the tar beat out of you by the 49ers, then run Earnest Graham for over 100 yards on the Saints?

Over and out.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #737 on: October 17, 2011, 03:26:07 AM

Grats on the 49'ers but Handshakegate may come back in the playoffs. 

Bucs are a schizo team but do have potential.

WTF Redskins? 

Da Bears find out that if you protect your QB you can win games. 

Jags did have some fight in them after all, but the Steelers win.

I hate the Pats and Boys but that was a good football game.  The Pats are so polished. 

Fins and Jets tonight!  I'm so...pumped?  Sexy Rexy and the Jets need a cupcake team and dolphins are the politest of the mammals.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #738 on: October 17, 2011, 05:57:56 AM

Fins and Jets tonight!  I'm so...pumped?  Sexy Rexy and the Jets need a cupcake team and dolphins are the politest of the mammals.

I'm sorry, but no. Ex Ryan can not have that nickname while Grossman is still (for now) playing in the league.

How good is Devin Hester? So good, he scares the punter in to punting for 17 yards.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #739 on: October 17, 2011, 06:29:00 AM

I loved Harbaugh's hemming and hawing when asked what the discussion was between them.  He clearly said something nasty because he didn't have a good answer.  I love drama like this in sports.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #740 on: October 17, 2011, 08:56:49 AM

Schwartz is an idiot and even bigger hot-head than Harbaugh is. If Harbaugh did swear at him it's because Schwartz said something to him after Harbaugh's slap on the back turned into a partial shove because of the way they were moving past each other.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #741 on: October 17, 2011, 08:58:51 AM

Oh yeah.  Schwartz is fucking nutso and probably instigated the whole thing.  Harbaugh runs his mouth too though.   I can't get enough of this.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #742 on: October 17, 2011, 09:02:24 AM

I think Harbaugh's hemming was him trying to be magnanimous and not escalate ling things further.  I know I would be saying something like "grow a sack" in his place.

"Me am play gods"
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #743 on: October 17, 2011, 09:05:46 AM

Maybe so.  I wish he would pull the trigger on that shit.  I think both of them are good coaches and I love a fiery personality in sports. 
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #744 on: October 17, 2011, 09:59:12 AM

Bah, I hate that all the talk is about the goddamn handshake turned shoving match, and not about a really good game. San Fran is a much better team than I thought they were, and it's all about the defense. I can't really think of one standout player on that team's defense, but they work very well together. That Tampa game wasn't a fluke, that defense is just that good. Also, New Orleans defense is that porous - they made Tampa look good. Alex Smith wasn't and never will be spectacular, but they run the offense he can succeed with.

Also, yeah, Mike Martz needs to be beaten with truncheons. If it had been last week, the Vikings would have floored Cutler. How long will it be before Martz is back to his old QB-killing ways?

That Buffalo-Giants game was a good one. The Giants actually looked good, which means within 2 weeks, they'll lay another egg.

And there's the Rex Grossman we know and love. 4 INT's and benched. Yep, that's him. SUPER BOWL QUARTERBACK REX GROSSMAN! Even so, the Iggles still tried their best to lose the game.

If the Jets don't absolutely hammer the Dolphins tonight, I will seriously doubt their ability to make the playoffs.

The Bengals are not a 4-2 team. The Raiders lost their QB but it won't matter, as they didn't need him to be spectacular anyway. The Texans are trying their best to ignore the gift horse Peyton Manning's neck has given them. The Cowboys still suck, but they sucked less.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #745 on: October 17, 2011, 10:05:47 AM

Of the games I saw, the Falcons are probably the worst 3-3 team I've seen all year. They have absolutely nothing going for them on either line, still. Even against a shitty defense, they could barely put the game away if it wasn't for Cam throwing a late pick.

Sexy Rexy may want to polish his sales skills.

The Giants still continue to boggle the mind. They are an 9-7 team in my view simple because they can't figure out who they are.

Chicago laid the wood to the Vikings. At one point, Hester returned a kick after his return TD, got pissed he didn't bust another one, and the announcers chuckled that they were toying with the Vikings.

Yall still don't believe me that the Cowboys and Bengals are playoff bound, but I think they are. The defenses are really good. This year, I don't think you're going to find a team in the playoffs with a shitty defense except for the Pats, and they are going to get busted out early.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #746 on: October 17, 2011, 11:02:18 AM

San Fran is a much better team than I thought they were, and it's all about the defense.

Harbaugh is a really good coach.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #747 on: October 17, 2011, 11:03:38 AM

Niners, Super Bowl? awesome, for real

Niners vs. Raiders  awesome, for real

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #748 on: October 17, 2011, 11:07:00 AM

The only good team the Bengals have beaten this year is Buffalo. They still have 2 games against Pittsburgh and 2 against Baltimore, all of which I expect them to lose. Houston should beat them as well as Tennessee. That makes 8 losses. Yes, there defense is better than it should be. They might even win their home games against the Steelers and Ravens. I don't see the rest of the AFC taking that much of a dump that the let the Bungles in. The Raiders, Bills, Titans and (if they don't lose tonight) Jets are all contenders for the 2 wild card spots, and all of those teams are better teams.

The Cowboys, though? Even in that weird ass NFC East, I don't see them making the playoffs at all. To quote Jim Mora, PLAYOFFS? Although to be fair, their schedule is much more favorable than the Bengals, considering how inconsistent every other team in their division is. We know one wild card is likely coming out of the North (the Lions or Green Bay). New Orleans, Tampa and Atlanta will be fighting for both the NFC South and that other wild card spot, as will every team in the East. I don't see it.

Unfortunately, with the whack ass way some of the teams like the Jets, Eagles and Falcons are playing this year, who the fuck knows? The Eagles could WIN the goddamn East.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #749 on: October 17, 2011, 11:13:43 AM

I still expect to see the Cowboys in the playoffs.  I think they'll pull it together.  I have to say that Romo looks completely shaken.  He had a bad look on his face this weekend versus the Pats, even though he played a decent game.  He has no confidence.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #750 on: October 17, 2011, 11:55:15 AM

New Orleans, Tampa and Atlanta will be fighting for both the NFC South and that other wild card spot, as will every team in the East. I don't see it.

Unfortunately, with the whack ass way some of the teams like the Jets, Eagles and Falcons are playing this year, who the fuck knows? The Eagles could WIN the goddamn East.

The Falcons aren't going to compete. That Falcons team does nothing well period. They are a mediocre collection of guys lead by a mediocre QB. 8-8 team at best. Tampa is the same thing, except their QB is younger and has more upside. However, they are middle of the pack running and passing, and their defense fucking blows. I think Chicago can beat them next week.

The Giants are the literal wild card in the NFC. Playing well? 11-5 team. Manning face? 7-9. And anything in between. I think the Cowboys are a 10-6 squad if they beat the Giants at home. If they lose both, Giants win the division and the Cowboys miss the playoffs. One Wild Card is coming out of the North this year. The other isn't going to matter.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #751 on: October 17, 2011, 12:00:48 PM

San Fran is a much better team than I thought they were, and it's all about the defense.

Harbaugh is a really good coach.

Yeah, I think they've actually had a pretty good defense for a while now although they've struggled against the pass at times, and in particular had a bad habit of letting teams convert 3rd and long situations.  I think what makes the defense that much better this year is that the offense is actually able to put together drives now so the defense isn't stuck on the field for three quarters of the game.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #752 on: October 17, 2011, 12:39:59 PM

And he's gotten Alex Smith's head out of his ass. 
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #753 on: October 17, 2011, 12:51:45 PM

49ers are definitely for real. And you have to admit, coaching must be a big part of it, because the nucleus of the team is the same as what they had last year.

Tampa Bay still looks solid, despite the meltdown v. 49ers the previous week. Freeman, IMV, is a poor-man version of Roethlisberger, but the big difference is, his coach treats him more like he's Rex Grossman. Which is why, they get down a couple of scores, he's just not equipped to perform in such a scenario.

Steelers should be embarrassed for their performance in squeaking out a win at home against Jaguars. They dominated 1st half, then took a catnap in the 2nd half. And awful Ben reared his impish head, missing open receivers all day (though it was a gusty day). I would not be surprised if next week, they tank in Arizona.

It's not inconceivable that Packers could easily go 16-0. Yeah, they have a home & away with Detroit, a home game with Tampa Bay that could go awry and at San Diego, which I think they will romp because Norv's reign of success, I believe, is over. I do not see any other team on that schedule that could possibly dent their run.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #754 on: October 17, 2011, 01:21:36 PM

Tampa Bay still looks solid, despite the meltdown v. 49ers the previous week. Freeman, IMV, is a poor-man version of Roethlisberger, but the big difference is, his coach treats him more like he's Rex Grossman. Which is why, they get down a couple of scores, he's just not equipped to perform in such a scenario.

Huh? Freeman already has 9 fourth quarter comebacks.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #755 on: October 17, 2011, 01:29:25 PM

I'm not so concerned about the Detroit games for the Packers. They will probably lose the game at Ford Field on Thanksgiving, but get the Lions outdoors in the later season and the weather could affect that team. Best will be slowed up by not playing on turf and the passing game could be dampened. Tampa's defense can be tough, but it'll be on their offense as to whether they can hold the ball long enough to not tire out the defense.  The San Diego game may also be a tough one. It's hard to get a read on how good the Chargers really are. Their wins have all been over really crappy teams, but the margins of victory weren't great either. I don't think the Packers will go undefeated, but they won't lose more than 4 games unless there's a serious dip in form.

Also, Brandon Lloyd gets traded to the St. Louis Rams for jack and shit. A 6th rounder (5th if he catches more than 30 passes) for a guy that went over 1000 receiving yards last year. It's actually a good deal for Lloyd - he gets to avoid watching Tebow short arm throws into the dirt in front of him, goes to a team where he'll easily be the best wideout and it's under Josh McDaniels who apparently gets good results out of him. Of course, the Rams can't score because of the shitty protection Bradford is getting in this scheme but this might help.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #756 on: October 17, 2011, 02:36:23 PM

Bah, I hate that all the talk is about the goddamn handshake turned shoving match, and not about a really good game. San Fran is a much better team than I thought they were, and it's all about the defense. I can't really think of one standout player on that team's defense, but they work very well together.
That would be Patrick Willis who has lead the league in tackles in 2 of his first 4 years. This year however he's splitting those chances with NaVorro Bowman, the other Niner inside linebacker, who actually leads the Niners in tackles.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #757 on: October 17, 2011, 03:25:38 PM

Thanksgiving is going to be epic this year. GB v. Detroit, Dallas probably fighting for it's life against Miami, and a surprisingly good SF team against the Ravens. All in a row. Glorious!

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #758 on: October 17, 2011, 03:49:35 PM

Huh? Freeman already has 9 fourth quarter comebacks.

How many of those were against top playoff-caliber squads?

I've noticed when the Buccaneers play against a quality opponent (BAL, PIT last year, DET, SF this year), coach play calling is akin to just like having a Rex Grossman or Josh McCown at QB. They get in a hole early and do not bounce back, like they have done this year against the subpar teams like MIN, IND and even ATL (yes, ATL has been at best, a mediocre squad in 2011).

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #759 on: October 17, 2011, 08:13:30 PM

Miami is a total dumpster fire. They walk out on every field they play on with a gas can and oily rags.

They need to blow up everything, starting with the dumbass GM who thought this collection of chuckleheads might win in the NFL.

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #760 on: October 17, 2011, 10:06:09 PM

Miami is a total dumpster fire. They walk out on every field they play on with a gas can and oily rags.

They need to blow up everything, starting with the dumbass GM who thought this collection of chuckleheads might win in the NFL.

A quarter of the teams in the league have 0 or 1 W. Dolphins, Colts and Rams in the running for 0-16. And Miami might be the worst of this bunch -- how Sparano exists as a NFL head coach, I dunno. But, yeah, GM shares a hefty share of culpability too.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #761 on: October 17, 2011, 10:35:59 PM

The Dolphins were 7 - 9 last year and had a decent defense. If they didn't suck so much playing at home they might have had a winning record as they were amazing on the road (6 - 1). It wasn't entirely unreasonable to have expected them to improve even if only slightly over last year.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #762 on: October 17, 2011, 10:54:32 PM

I just don't see much talent on that team.  Their best offensive player leads the league in drops.  awesome, for real Curse of the Welker.

-Rasix
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #763 on: October 18, 2011, 12:40:36 AM

I won't quote anyone specific, but you Cowboys fans are hilarious.  Playoffs?  Only chance they have of that is by winning their division, and I don't see that happening.  I don't see more than six wins remaining on their schedule, and it could easily end up being fewer.  I'll admit that it is hard to figure out who the best team in the east is right now, but it sure as shit can't be the Cowboys, and thank goodness for that.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #764 on: October 18, 2011, 04:44:22 AM

I would say the Cowboys have the softest schedule remaining and the Giants have hardest. That's what gives Cowboys fans hope.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #765 on: October 18, 2011, 06:21:54 AM

I'm actually still thinking that Philadelphia will finish ahead of Dallas.  But then, it isn't possible for me to like the Cowboys less than I do, so this may be wishful thinking on my part.  Honestly, though, trying to be objective, I have them finishing around 8 and 8.  9 and 7 is possible, but no fucking way that gets them to the playoffs this year, unless that wins them the division.  Which I doubt.  Somebody in that gaggle-fuck will pull out a 10 and 6.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #766 on: October 18, 2011, 07:10:22 AM

Don't lump me in with the Cowboys fans.  I don't like them at all.  I still think they've got a good shot at the playoffs as the NFC East blows monkey dicks.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #767 on: October 18, 2011, 07:35:15 AM

I won't quote anyone specific, but you Cowboys fans are hilarious.  Playoffs?  Only chance they have of that is by winning their division, and I don't see that happening.  I don't see more than six wins remaining on their schedule, and it could easily end up being fewer.  I'll admit that it is hard to figure out who the best team in the east is right now, but it sure as shit can't be the Cowboys, and thank goodness for that.

I think your impressions of the team may be coloring the reality of the East. It's in bad shape. For starters, the Cowboys play STL, MIA, ARI, and SEA, most of those at home. Those four teams have three total wins so far. So yeah, they should be at six wins after that relatively easy. Now, for the remaining games: I need them to go 4-3 to get to 10-6. Most of them are divisional games. 2 Philly, 2 Giants, 1 Skins, and then Buffalo and TB. Let's do a quick breakdown at those matchups.

In Total Offense: Philly is 3, Dallas is 7, Giants are 12, Skins are 17. What's the breakdown though?
Passing: Dallas is the strongest, followed by NY, then Philly, then the Skins. However, in rushing it's the Eagles at #1 and then everyone else in the division sucks.
The matchup that matters is that the Cowboys have the #1 Defense against the run, and that's Philly's main strength. I believe they can win both of those games.

Win the 2 against Philly, beat the Skins again because they suck, and all you have to do is find a win in four games against the Giants, TB, or Buffalo
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 07:37:01 AM by Paelos »

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #768 on: October 18, 2011, 07:40:18 AM

Seems so easy when you put it that way.  Maybe you should roadmap them to the Superbowl too.  Might as well.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #769 on: October 18, 2011, 08:38:39 AM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7118158/oakland-raiders-verge-getting-carson-palmer-cincinnati-bengals-sources-say

Palmer to Oakland... I strangely want to see the Silver and Black with the Lombardi this year now...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 64 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011  
Jump to: