Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 12:42:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011  (Read 387700 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #700 on: October 10, 2011, 10:22:13 AM

Cincy's division is highly questionable though.

Cincy has a habit of losing division games to otherwise shitty teams.  Reference every Cincy vs Browns game of the last 20 years when the Browns were on the bottom and Cincy had a shot at the playoffs.

Ed: Cincy's sole saving grace in this regard might just be how young and new the team is.  No losing mindset has developed yet, which is what has always caused those wonderful 'wtf' moments.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:24:35 AM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #701 on: October 10, 2011, 11:13:05 AM

I'll just put it this way. If you're ignoring Cincy or writing them off, beware.

#1 in total Defense in the NFL
#5 in opp PPG allowed
2nd least penalized offensive team in the league.
Middle of the pack offense with a very balanced attack, but they have the 40+ yard deep threat.

They are disciplined, good on D, and keep an even turnover margin.

Compare that to Baltimore, who is 3rd in total D, 1st in opp PPG, 5th least penalties, middle of the road offense balanced towards the pass. They are very similar clubs. I think they will play hard against each other in a bloody, defensive matchup.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #702 on: October 10, 2011, 11:23:34 AM

I'll just put it this way. If you're ignoring Cincy or writing them off, beware.

#1 in total Defense in the NFL
#5 in opp PPG allowed
2nd least penalized offensive team in the league.
Middle of the pack offense with a very balanced attack, but they have the 40+ yard deep threat.

They are disciplined, good on D, and keep an even turnover margin.

Compare that to Baltimore, who is 3rd in total D, 1st in opp PPG, 5th least penalties, middle of the road offense balanced towards the pass. They are very similar clubs. I think they will play hard against each other in a bloody, defensive matchup.

They are a team from Ohio and thus will fall flat on their faces when there is something to play for. And fuck Cincinnati - god damn river people.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #703 on: October 10, 2011, 11:39:01 AM

Is it time for a SF-Cincy Super Bowl again?   why so serious?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #704 on: October 10, 2011, 11:47:34 AM

Next year, perhaps awesome, for real
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #705 on: October 10, 2011, 12:56:17 PM

I believe Baltimore is too old and their offense is not great.

Pitt probably backdoors that division (Rothlerapist joke) and Cincy gets a wild card going 10-6. I believe they can get 8 wins easily and maybe steal a split against the Ravens or Pitt, then beat either Arizona or Houston.

Baltimore's biggest problem is that Joe Flacco is not consistent. When he has a good game, they can romp. When he doesn't, they get games like that Jets game, where their defense can win them the game, but their offense is going to look like shit-covered toast.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #706 on: October 10, 2011, 03:11:56 PM

I don't know how the season will wind up but this is an exciting and fun year thanks to the Lions, 49'ers, Bills, and Cincy.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #707 on: October 10, 2011, 03:15:44 PM

The following bandwagons are getting new members after this week: Buffalo, Cincy, Lions, and 49ers. All have big upsides in their divisions and legit shots at the playoffs.

True Niner fans are too cautiously optimistic to actually ride on the bandwagon for fear that it could collapse and burst into flames at any moment.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #708 on: October 10, 2011, 03:19:47 PM

Well, remember, we can feel pretty comfortable that 8-8 or even 7-9 will get us into the playoffs.  awesome, for real

Terracotta Army

Reply #709 on: October 10, 2011, 04:16:04 PM

Well, remember, we can feel pretty comfortable that 8-8 or even 7-9 will get us into the playoffs the division championshipawesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #710 on: October 10, 2011, 08:08:00 PM

Might as well preemptively throw a flag on every play, just in case.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #711 on: October 10, 2011, 09:04:55 PM

Restorin' da roar! 5-0 Lions!

(CHI is BAD)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #712 on: October 11, 2011, 05:22:54 AM

Does anyone else find the NFL.com video player sucks balls? I can't watch most of the games due to being a filthy euro, and I used to catch the highlights on the web, but this season the web player seems to be absolute shite.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #713 on: October 11, 2011, 06:02:51 AM

Restorin' da roar! 5-0 Lions!

(CHI is BAD)

Chicago takes the lead and I'm thinking, ok they have a chance even though Cutler is running from guys on every play. Then, Stafford puts the TD in, and I'm thinking maybe they can just stop them and make it a game. Then, Best goes 88 yards for the TD and I turned off the TV.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #714 on: October 11, 2011, 08:26:06 AM

This Chicago team is INCREDIBLY BAD. What did they end up with 7 false starts, with the goddamn TE making 3 of those in the first quarter? I actually felt bad for Cutler and I fucking hate him. He was the only reason that team made any points last night. He was constantly running for his fucking life. I'm not sure he had more than 5 throws where he actually could set himself. The worst part was that most of that pressure came from just 4 down linemen and not even the same down lineman. The offensive tackles were just fucking awful. Hey, dickshits, the guy who just skullfucked your QB? He's standing about 1 foot farther to your side than he normally would, and blowing past you. Do you think you could make the adjustment to realize that he's starting at a different angle and maybe move out there immediately instead of checking inside. And fuck Mike Martz in the goddamn eyeholes. That arrogant son of a whoremonger is sitting up in the booth watching the whole thing and makes no fucking adjustments for it all game. Now, I realize that dropping a FB or a TE into the backfield to fucking block takes away a receiver downfield, and your current crop of shitty wideouts is not good enough to beat single coverage much less the double coverage created by the fact they don't need to blitz linebackers and can put 7 into coverage. But even if it doesn't allow Cutler to do anything more than throw the ball out of bounds, at least he's not getting some 350 pound fucker's helmet in his sternum ON EVERY FUCKING PLAY.

Yeah, that's a shitty O line, but there are plenty of things the coaches can do to mitigate the fact that Cutler is getting MURDERED. There's no excuse for an NFL QB to be chased that badly. And in this case, a good running game wasn't helping - Forte got 22 carries for 116 yards, and it didn't stop the pass rush AT ALL.

That Detroit defensive line is fucking scary. Yes, the Bears O line sucks, but guys like Suh and Avril were just blasting through their blockers, especially on short yardage situations. That first drive where the Bears try to get a first down on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 was CRAZY. It's like the blockers weren't even there.

Stafford, Best and Johnson are good, and barring injury, they are going to be good for a long time. You give this team a better O line and a better secondary, maybe a #3 wideout that isn't Nate Burleson, and a short yardage pound-it running back and you will see a team challenging for a Super Bowl spot, not just the playoffs. They are that good together.

Also, Tim Tebow is officially the starter. Good luck with that, Broncos.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #715 on: October 11, 2011, 08:58:45 AM

Tebow actually didn't do too bad in his last half start. 
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #716 on: October 11, 2011, 09:13:12 AM

That Bears game hurt, though at least people are starting to give Cutler a little credit for having the balls to play behind that "line".

Seattle - what the hell? I can't remember the last time I watched a Seattle game all the way through. That game (and the Eli face) reminded me why I love football.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #717 on: October 11, 2011, 09:40:07 AM

I've never, in the 25 years or so of watching Lions football, been able to describe them as 'swarming' until now. I was cringing for Cutler every damn play, thinking 'which one of these guys are going to end up murdering him?'

I think that's a pretty fair assessment of the Lions, Haemish.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #718 on: October 11, 2011, 09:59:45 AM

I said it after the pre-season game against New England. Detroit's defense (especially the line) is scary.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #719 on: October 11, 2011, 10:00:35 AM

Detroit put together 3 strong first round picks in a row.  Good scouting on their part.  

Cinci: They've played Cleveland, Denver, SF, Buffalo, and Jacksonville.  Any team could put up great defensive numbers against all of those teams with the exception of Buffalo.  While they are better than many expected, we'll see their real value when they get to the latter part of their schedule (three tough opponents in a row weeks 9-11).  

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #720 on: October 11, 2011, 10:03:52 AM

Speaking of Cincy-

I picked up their D to cover a week 5 bye (they were playing Jax, so I knew they wouldn't get 30 pointed, which is negative points). I now have them v Indy and Ravens v Houston. Ravens have been utterly en fuego so far, but Houston is pretty damned good on offense, especially if AJ plays. Thoughts?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #721 on: October 11, 2011, 10:16:10 AM

Why do people hate Vick again? I think its pretty tear worthy what happening to him, fuck the eagles though.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #722 on: October 11, 2011, 10:23:13 AM

Why do people hate Vick again? I think its pretty tear worthy what happening to him, fuck the eagles though.

Taken in it's entirety, I have no idea what your post is saying.

As for the first question, for me I think it's fairly obvious:

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #723 on: October 11, 2011, 10:24:42 AM

Why do people hate Vick again?

People love fake thugs.  Sadly, Vick is a real thug. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #724 on: October 11, 2011, 10:39:42 AM

Curtis Painter is a turnover machine for Indy. Houston, without Andre, is not going to fare well one-dimensionally against the best D in the NFL.

I'd go with Baltimore.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #725 on: October 11, 2011, 10:58:21 AM

Detroit put together 3 strong first round picks in a row.  Good scouting on their part.  

Cinci: They've played Cleveland, Denver, SF, Buffalo, and Jacksonville.  Any team could put up great defensive numbers against all of those teams with the exception of Buffalo.  While they are better than many expected, we'll see their real value when they get to the latter part of their schedule (three tough opponents in a row weeks 9-11).  

Any team but the West Coast Killers of Tampa Bay you mean.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #726 on: October 11, 2011, 11:00:31 AM

Speaking of Cincy-

I picked up their D to cover a week 5 bye (they were playing Jax, so I knew they wouldn't get 30 pointed, which is negative points). I now have them v Indy and Ravens v Houston. Ravens have been utterly en fuego so far, but Houston is pretty damned good on offense, especially if AJ plays. Thoughts?

Ravens all the way. Sure, Indy will stink but the Ravens will be playing against a Houston offense without Andre Johnson.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #727 on: October 11, 2011, 11:01:07 AM

Two southern minds agree:

Baltimore.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #728 on: October 11, 2011, 04:14:15 PM

You know, I'm on the Cutler bandwagon.  The poor guy ran for his life last night and still made incredible throws.  He has every right to be pissed at that offensive offensive line.  Forte and Hester are the only other two players of worth on that offense.

Now to the Lions.  Haemish has covered it much better than I could but I'd like to say that the Lions are playing with incredible intensity.  Maybe it was due to the awesome crowd, but they were on fire.   
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #729 on: October 11, 2011, 05:51:13 PM

Now to the Lions.  Haemish has covered it much better than I could but I'd like to say that the Lions are playing with incredible intensity.  Maybe it was due to the awesome crowd, but they were on fire.   

You like to see this intensity in a pro team.  You don't get that very often.  They're my team this year.  Bring back Barry!
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #730 on: October 11, 2011, 05:56:39 PM

You know, I'm on the Cutler bandwagon.  The poor guy ran for his life last night and still made incredible throws.  He has every right to be pissed at that offensive offensive line.  Forte and Hester are the only other two players of worth on that offense.

Forte yes, Hester only as a return man -- as a receiver, at best, he's average -- too many drops and he really hasn't shined, at least on a consistent basis, as the deep threat every fan conjures him to be. I can think of receivers (2 on the Steelers alone) on just about every other team, except for a handful, that I'd rather have in that role than Hester.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #731 on: October 16, 2011, 01:32:40 PM

Niners, Super Bowl? awesome, for real
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #732 on: October 16, 2011, 05:42:06 PM

Hey Martz see what happens when you give your QB protection? awesome, for real
Terracotta Army

Reply #733 on: October 16, 2011, 05:46:16 PM

Glad to see the old Browns are back! WHOO HOOO!!

I'll be back for the draft. cry

at least I have LSU...at least till Nov. 5th unless they do something stupid against Auburn....

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #734 on: October 16, 2011, 06:41:17 PM

I actually found myself pulling for the Cowboys.  Disgusting.  They lost, but they looked like a NFL team instead of a drunken prison riot.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 64 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011  
Jump to: