Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 01:58:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011  (Read 386891 times)
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1260 on: November 18, 2011, 11:03:55 AM

...and the NFL thread gets moved to Politics.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1261 on: November 18, 2011, 11:11:11 AM

He's a Focus on the Family stooge. He is far from "just" religious.

He's politically active as well, I'd agree. It wouldn't shock me if he ran for office after his career and win in a landslide. But that's not the point, the point is he's a well below-average QB with an exceptional personality, and a controversial evangelical philosophy.

Besides, I've never had problems with Christians ruffling people's feathers. I do it a lot.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1262 on: November 18, 2011, 11:17:10 AM

And some of us dislike him for that zealotry and political stance.

I understand that other people may love his precious little ass for the same reasons that I dislike him, but that does not change my stance towards him in that respect.

beer geek.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1263 on: November 18, 2011, 11:34:27 AM

Sure I get that. Disliking him for that reason makes total sense.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1264 on: November 18, 2011, 08:41:13 PM

The Jets lost that game more than the Broncos won it.

The Jets missed an easy FG, threw a pick 6, fumbled a kick return, shanked a punt, were playing with their third-string RB and did nothing on offense. None of that can be attributed to Tebow. If you look at the Broncos wins the story is similar everywhere. The Raiders were playing without their stud RB and with a quarterback playing his second (?) game for the Raiders after a year on the shelf.

Right now the Broncos are beating bad teams, many of which are beating themselves as much as anything else. I don't see any Tebow magic here, just a bad team beating worse teams.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1265 on: November 18, 2011, 10:43:15 PM

The Jets lost that game more than the Broncos won it.

The Jets missed an easy FG, threw a pick 6, fumbled a kick return, shanked a punt, were playing with their third-string RB and did nothing on offense. None of that can be attributed to Tebow. If you look at the Broncos wins the story is similar everywhere. The Raiders were playing without their stud RB and with a quarterback playing his second (?) game for the Raiders after a year on the shelf.

Right now the Broncos are beating bad teams, many of which are beating themselves as much as anything else. I don't see any Tebow magic here, just a bad team beating worse teams.

So God is a Tebow fan!  why so serious?

Over and out.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #1266 on: November 18, 2011, 11:19:58 PM

I can't stop laughing at the hatred spewed because he wears his religion on his sleeve, instead of keeping it in the closet don't ask don't tell style. I gotta find me a gay quaterback who can't throw worth shit to dog pile. You guys should get over it and just say "he is an out in the open christian so i haaaaaaaaaaaate him" and stop pretending it has something to do with his inability to throw a ball in a straight line.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #1267 on: November 19, 2011, 01:47:40 AM

Players having prayer circles and thanking a higher power at the start of their fluffy post-game interviews didn't start with Tim Tebow and are things I really don't care much about.

As a person, Tebow seems like enough guy.  As a public figure, Tebow is someone who I disagree with strongly on some issues.  (The fact that I even have a "as a public figure..." clause here is what separates him from the vast majority of athletes, especially in the mostly anonymous NFL.  Nothing else.)

As a contemporary NFL QB, Tebow makes no sense at all but I like seeing where a disruptive force ends up at whenever possible, as long as it's not my team setting themselves up for likely failure.  As a broader sports/cultural figure, Tebow and the narratives around him are just about everything that makes me dislike discussing sports outside of analytical circles.

It would be unreasonable to fault him as a human being for the latter two points and while the former two are of his own doing, I can't be bothered with strongly disliking some random athlete that doesn't even play for a team I follow.

Still, I'm not going to bring up the Chargers being disastrously unlucky or worse Heartbreak, so we may as well keep talking about this guy!

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1268 on: November 19, 2011, 07:23:36 AM

I can't stop laughing at the hatred spewed because he wears his religion on his sleeve, instead of keeping it in the closet don't ask don't tell style. I gotta find me a gay quaterback who can't throw worth shit to dog pile. You guys should get over it and just say "he is an out in the open christian so i haaaaaaaaaaaate him" and stop pretending it has something to do with his inability to throw a ball in a straight line.

Is "superbowl ad campaign for a hate group" really that hard to understand?

I am the .00000001428%
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1269 on: November 19, 2011, 07:58:45 AM

Okay, let's knock it off or start a Tebow thread in Politics.  This shit is getting old.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1270 on: November 19, 2011, 09:27:10 AM

I have to agree. I don't give two shits about Tebow's religion other than the stuff he puts out there that the sports media creams itself over, as if no other athlete has been religious ever. I hate Tebow because of the hype that surrounds him that is completely undeserved. It's the same reason I hate Tony Romo - the sports media builds him up so they can shit all over him when he fails, just like they've done with Romo.

Let's talk about goddamn football.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1271 on: November 19, 2011, 02:18:50 PM

Romo sucks.

Back to you Haemish!

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1272 on: November 20, 2011, 07:20:54 AM

I immensely dislike Romo for his political stance of having sex with attractive blond women.  That, and the fact that he is a Cowboy.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1273 on: November 20, 2011, 08:04:53 AM

I looked at the football on TV today, and went "eww".  It's all games that one team should win, so the only value is if one of the designated chumps somehow makes a game of it.  

The only games that I think I might check out are Bills/Miami and Giants/Eagles, and those are two more of that type of game.  I guess GB, like any great offense, is always interesting to watch.

After last week, where there were a pile of good match-ups and relevant games, this week is just a giant let down.

Edit:

Maybe SD/Chicago could be a decent game.  The Chargers have just been so off and on, and Chicago has looked great, so I'm expecting a stomping.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 08:13:30 AM by Johny Cee »
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1274 on: November 20, 2011, 08:42:59 AM

Tampa Bay v. Green Bay bothers me the most. This is the national game of the week? REALLY?

FUCK YOU FOX!

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1275 on: November 20, 2011, 08:53:32 AM

Tampa Bay v. Green Bay bothers me the most. This is the national game of the week? REALLY?

FUCK YOU FOX!

Yah.

As I said, the only redeeming factor is that the Packers offense is always amazing to watch, much like Brady or Peyton when they're on.  Being in the Northeast, I don't get that many Packers games.

I mean, what about Bills/Dolphins?  If the Bills win, so what... they trashed a terrible Dolphins team.  If the Dolphins win, it shits on the Bills season and the Dolphins are still a terrible team. 

Same for the Giants/Eagles, though obviously Paelos will be sacrificing virgins to Abacus, God of Accountants, that the Eagles beat the Giants and let the Cowboys catch up in the standings.  The Eagles are done, and the only draw in watching that game is to see if the Giants step on their dicks.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1276 on: November 20, 2011, 09:15:08 AM

Ok, woo!  Week 11!  WOOO....woo.

Lets see, Giants over the Eagles.  Hey Philly fans enjoy the Vince Young Mello Yello Meltdown Hello Kitty Hissyfits!

Ravens over Bengals: Ravens tough at home and AJ is out.  Gotta love the Bengals rebuilding though.

da Bears over da Dolts.  I mean, it's the Dolts.

Lions over the Panthers in the Gritty Kitty Bowl.  I hope.

Dallas beats the Skins annnnd Dallas has a moist, tender schedule.  They make the playoffs where Romo does what Romo does best.

Titans over Falcs.  I think the Titans see their opportunity with two opposing division QB's out.  Falcons are still suffering PTSD from the 4th down call last week.

I say Miami over Buffalo just because the direction both teams are going.

Who cares about the other games.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1277 on: November 20, 2011, 12:13:22 PM

Miami is showing that they were, in reality, actually trying to lose earlier in the season. They are CRUSHING the Bills.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1278 on: November 20, 2011, 04:20:03 PM

FUCK YOU FOX!

Hell of a lot closer than you thought it would be, eh?

Over and out.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1279 on: November 20, 2011, 04:31:25 PM

Yes, it was closer, but it was never "close" if that makes sense.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1280 on: November 20, 2011, 04:32:45 PM

Wow.  Buffalo has completely shit the bed.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1281 on: November 20, 2011, 04:37:15 PM

Yes, it was closer, but it was never "close" if that makes sense.

It would make sense if say the score was 35-10 in the 4th quarter and the Bucs got two late touchdown to make the score look more respectable.  28-26 with 3 minutes left to play in the 4th seems more like 'the Pack survived a scare against a team they should have had no trouble with' to me.

Over and out.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1282 on: November 20, 2011, 04:41:51 PM

I watched it. It never felt like Green Bay was struggling. It felt like their defense sucks.

That being said, Tampa couldn't stop Green Bay anyway.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1283 on: November 20, 2011, 04:50:59 PM

So... the Bears and Lions have a joint 3rd best record in the NFC with the Saints, behind the packers and the 49ers. Not that it is likely to stay that way, but is it possible to have two wild-card teams from the same division?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1284 on: November 20, 2011, 04:53:55 PM

So... the Bears and Lions have a joint 3rd best record in the NFC with the Saints, behind the packers and the 49ers. Not that it is likely to stay that way, but is it possible to have two wild-card teams from the same division?

Yes.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1285 on: November 20, 2011, 06:48:35 PM

It's happened in the NFC East a couple times I think.

Not this year though, not by a long shot.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1286 on: November 20, 2011, 07:01:45 PM

Jake Cutler's thumb may be broken so that might sink the Bears.  However, the Lions have a tough remaining schedule so who knows. 

MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1287 on: November 20, 2011, 07:09:26 PM

I think the Bears should be more worried about his brother, Jay.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1288 on: November 20, 2011, 08:22:47 PM

Same for the Giants/Eagles, though obviously Paelos will be sacrificing virgins to Abacus, God of Accountants, that the Eagles beat the Giants and let the Cowboys catch up in the standings.  The Eagles are done, and the only draw in watching that game is to see if the Giants step on their dicks.

Thanks Abacus!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1289 on: November 20, 2011, 08:26:56 PM

swamp poop

God Save the Horn Players
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1290 on: November 20, 2011, 08:34:05 PM

Hey the good news for the Giants is that the division will all be decided by head to head matchups most likely.

Considering that the Cowboys are tied now, though, I think that's good news for for both teams!

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1291 on: November 20, 2011, 08:44:12 PM

It just kills me that no matter how shitty the Eagles are, the Giants find new and exciting ways to lose to them (or win REALLY UGLY) when they shouldn't.

God Save the Horn Players
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1292 on: November 21, 2011, 06:16:19 AM

Thanks Abacus!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

My god plutonium could not save me.   cry
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1293 on: November 21, 2011, 06:38:59 AM

The giants really need to win both thier games v. the Cowboys, but the boys have a way easier remaining schedule, I think they can get away with a split with the giants and still win the division.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1294 on: November 21, 2011, 06:44:50 AM

Lets see, Giants over the Eagles.  Hey Philly fans enjoy the Vince Young Mello Yello Meltdown Hello Kitty Hissyfits!

tee hee hee hee

9-7 can win this division and the Eagles can get there.  I don't think 10-6 is remotely possible from 4-6 today.  I won't even hope for that.

Week 12: New England - it would take a miracle
Week 13: @ Seattle - certainly winnable
Week 14: @ Miami - this week was a fluke
Week 15: New Jersey Jets - home field makes this a 70/30 chance to win
Week 16: @ Dallas
Week 17: Washington

Winning the last two weeks would mean any tie with Dallas on win/loss would favor the Eagles.

Now compare that to the Giants schedule.

@ Saints, lose 6-5
Green Bay, lose 6-6
@ Dallas, lose 6-7
Washington, win 7-7
Jets, win 8-7
Dallas, lose 8-8

And lastly Dallas, who looks like a real contender due to schedule

Miami, win 7-4
@ Arizona, lose 7-5
Giants, win 8-5
@ Tampa, win 9-5
Eagles, lose 9-6
@ Giants, lose 9-7

Sorry for all that.  I wanted to lay it out for myself anyway.  That is the dream, 5% scenario!

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 06:59:13 AM by shiznitz »

I have never played WoW.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 64 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011  
Jump to: