Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:05:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011  (Read 378219 times)
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: July 28, 2011, 12:12:05 PM

My prediction, the NFC west will continue to be a never-ending embarrassment to the sport of football.

And yet 3 of the 4 teams have been to a Super Bowl more recently than your beloved Cowboys (49ers missed it by a year). Rams are going to be a lot better, and if SF and Arizona unfuck their QB situations they will also be better. Seattle is another, more depressing story. Although rah rah Carroll may surprise me.

Funny, because the Cowboys play in a division with two double digit win teams. Just like the North and the South that had 2 and 3 double digit win teams. When's the last time that happened in the NFC West? Oh that's right, 2003. That division has been total ass since they realigned in 2002 and created it as a joke for football fans.

Oh and all those West teams lost the Super Bowl. Who cares if they "made it", even the Falcons managed to pull that off one year. What about the Bills, they "made it" too!

Those "made it" teams did win when it counted though. Like, win in the playoffs (except for the big dance...). When's the last time a Cowboys team managed that?

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #106 on: July 28, 2011, 12:24:58 PM

Jan. 9th, 2010. Cowboys 34 - Eagles 14. NFC Divisional Playoff game.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #107 on: July 28, 2011, 12:26:44 PM

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #108 on: July 28, 2011, 12:28:29 PM

Wake me if the Seachickens win 8 games this year.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #109 on: July 28, 2011, 12:46:23 PM

Wake me if the Seachickens win 8 games this year.

Why? They only need 7.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #110 on: July 28, 2011, 12:52:01 PM

Kolb to the Cardinals

Kolb gets another 5-year contract extension worth $63 million ($22 million guaranteed). Eagles get Rodgers-Cromartie and a 2nd round pick. Look, I think Kolb is good, but he's not worth as much money and/or talent as has already been spent on him. He hasn't done anywhere near enough to justify all that. It shows just how important the QB position is these days though, when a guy with potential and less than 6 starts who wasn't even a first-round pick gets all this spending going.

It does make the Cards better, of course, but I think I could complete more passes than Derek Anderson did last year. So we have two good QB's in that division (Kolb, Bradford), two really bad or untested ones (Tavaris Jackson and Whitehurst) and one mediocre first round washout (Alex Smith). And Arizona's defense got worse - their passing D was 10th in the league in yards/game last year and unless they sign Namdi (which will be crazy expensive), I don't see it getting any better. Also, Kevin? Might want to get used to the taste of those new Astroturf pebbles, because you are going to be eating them A LOT this year.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #111 on: July 28, 2011, 12:55:49 PM

I had already gone on record stating that Kolb is going to be a huge bust.  Now with this new contract it is almost guaranteed. awesome, for real
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #112 on: July 28, 2011, 12:58:15 PM

Also, Reggie Bush traded to Miami. That to me is a WTF, Saints? Yes, he's never going to be a 1,000 yard rusher, and he's fragile as an ice sculpture at a space heater convention. But he does some really amazing things on the field in terms of making the other team gameplan around him. Guess they just got tired of relying on him.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #113 on: July 28, 2011, 01:25:51 PM

Cards probably win the division with the Kolb move. He can make them an 8-8 team.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #114 on: July 28, 2011, 01:34:37 PM

Glad to see the Titans release VY.  I've never liked that guy.  He's a punk and a very sketchy NFL QB. 
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: July 28, 2011, 01:37:17 PM

Also, Reggie Bush traded to Miami. That to me is a WTF, Saints? Yes, he's never going to be a 1,000 yard rusher, and he's fragile as an ice sculpture at a space heater convention. But he does some really amazing things on the field in terms of making the other team gameplan around him. Guess they just got tired of relying on him.

Really surprised there wasn't a push for him by the Seahawks... really thought Carroll would try to get the band back together again.

And I love what the Browns are doing to address the gaping hole at both WR and DE... nothing. Nothing says we are only going to try and work out the kinks this year rather than win than the Browns...every year since 99.  ACK!

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #116 on: July 28, 2011, 01:44:20 PM

Bush is already a year or two past the average NFL running back lifespan, with no particular indication that he's going to be a resilient guy injury-wise (in fact he hasn't played all 16 games since his rookie year, and is coming off a season where he only got into 8 games at all), so I think there's a very good chance he won't be worth whatever he ends up getting paid from here on out.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #117 on: July 28, 2011, 01:50:39 PM

Miami has a history for signing terrible RBs lately. Plus, their current RB depth chart includes two rooks from Arizona and K State. They need some kind of vet at that position or they might as well just put a giant red target on Chad Henne.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #118 on: July 28, 2011, 02:01:00 PM

Here's a good little blog article from ESPN on Kolb

The best part is the chart at the bottom that shows that Brees is the only second round QB worth a shit in the past 15 years of the draft.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
WayAbvPar

Reply #119 on: July 28, 2011, 02:05:58 PM

Really surprised there wasn't a push for him by the Seahawks... really thought Carroll would try to get the band back together again.

Seahawks already have enough undersized RBs with Forsett and Leon Washington, thanks.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: July 28, 2011, 03:18:48 PM

Glad to see the Titans release VY.  I've never liked that guy.  He's a punk and a very sketchy NFL QB. 

VY had some amazing games, but...man.  He just couldn't keep his head together.  Maybe if he gets hungry and humble someone can still get some mileage out of him.  But currently he's a head case.

Meanwhile, the Lions have signed three of their four draftees.  Very interested in how Titus Young does;  it wouldn't be a Detroit draft without a WR pick! 

Oh and a special "HA HA" to the Cowboys for trading for Roy Williams.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: July 28, 2011, 03:49:40 PM

Maybe the stack of injuries has reduced him to non-star quality.

Granted, he hasn't put up superstar numbers, but still, he's been an offensive force, a player that a defense had to be aware of, and mandated defensive adjustments.

But injuries (and age, though Bush is in his prime still, age 26) have a way of siphoning athleticism and effectiveness…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
WayAbvPar

Reply #122 on: July 28, 2011, 03:59:13 PM

Haynesworth and Ochocinco to the Pats. Saw Belichick called 'The Douchebag Whisperer' on Twitter  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #123 on: July 28, 2011, 04:04:01 PM

Haynesworth and Ochocinco to the Pats. Saw Belichick called 'The Douchebag Whisperer' on Twitter  awesome, for real

They can make something out of Chad. I'm pretty sure nobody can turn Haynesworth into a productive member of society.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #124 on: July 28, 2011, 08:38:24 PM

No, but Belichick can certain get some defensive production out of the fatass.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #125 on: July 28, 2011, 10:14:46 PM

Fuck, Belichick is going to win the goddamned championship with all these idiots. 
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: July 28, 2011, 11:06:24 PM

Jan. 9th, 2010. Cowboys 34 - Eagles 14. NFC Divisional Playoff game.

Who would've thought...

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #127 on: July 29, 2011, 06:05:55 AM

Fuck, Belichick is going to win the goddamned championship with all these idiots. 

I think the Colts, Steelers, and Jets have something to say about that...

Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: July 29, 2011, 06:13:14 AM

I think the Colts, Steelers, and Jets have something to say about that...

I wouldn't back any of those teams right now... too many issues with each. Jets are probably the strongest right now of the three - I'd venture a guess as to not sleep on KC this year.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #129 on: July 29, 2011, 06:18:53 AM

Pats and Packers are the frontrunner favorites to get to the Super Bowl this year, barring injuries. Colts and Eagles are next. After that, I'd say it's tied amongst the Jets, Ravens, Falcons, Saints, and Steelers.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: July 29, 2011, 07:33:22 AM

Bigger updates for the Bears would be:
-Trading Olsen to the Panthers for a 3rd round pick. I'm not a fan of trading away Olsen at all. He is someone I think needs to be used to his potential when possible. Also, trading him to a team that already has a solid starting TE in Schockey just sucks for Olsen imo.

-They also picked up Roy Williams. After Dallas' experiences with him I'd say that's no good, but then remembering his best years were under Martz this may not be so bad

- Daniel Manning is now on the Texans (who also picked up Johnathan Joseph and are quickly sealing up their weak secondary).
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #131 on: July 29, 2011, 07:43:05 AM

The Olson trade is retarded, but you know, Mike Martz. He doesn't know how to use a pass-catching TE. I can't fault the logic of a Pats/Pack Super Bowl. The Colts have serious depth issues, I'm not sold on Michael Vick repeating last year's performance with the Eagles, the Ravens seriously need a deep threat and they lost Stallworth, the Saints running game is injury-prone. The Falcons and Steelers may be the best bets to challenge the Pats/Pack matchup.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #132 on: July 29, 2011, 07:52:55 AM

Roy Williams sucks. Good luck Bears!

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #133 on: July 29, 2011, 09:50:02 AM

Who gets Namdi is so much more interesting then these not so great QB's shuffling around. If Caron Palmer ends up somewhere it could have playoff implications ( even outside of the NFC west) though I'd put money on him continuing to choke terribly. .

Late to the party but Palmer is going nowhere but retirement.  Mike Brown hath spoken.  Palmer is costing him money so he stays with the Bungles or takes retirement.  Brown is an utter cock when you cost him his precious lucre, because that is all he cares about.  He'll spend money to keep his team just enough on the competitive edge that seats will remain filled but only that far.  

Anything beyond that is sheer luck.

They can make something out of Chad. I'm pretty sure nobody can turn Haynesworth into a productive member of society.

Chad's biggest problem is he was never leashed.  Once he realized all that mattered was getting people in the seats to see him, he stopped trying.   He was the biggest poison pill on the Bengals.  Lots of people locally want to blame him, but I note that the other loudmouths who have been traded or went free-agent  over the years have been kept quiet by the teams they went to.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:54:31 AM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #134 on: July 29, 2011, 10:42:42 AM

I've never hoped any owner got struck by lightning as much as Mike Brown. The NFL would be a better place if he and Davis went of a cliff in the same limo.

WayAbvPar

Reply #135 on: July 29, 2011, 10:52:29 AM

I've never hoped any owner got struck by lightning as much as Mike Brown. The NFL would be a better place if he and Davis went of a cliff in the same limo.

And landed on Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #136 on: July 29, 2011, 10:53:19 AM

Jerry's a shitheel, but he will spend money to win.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #137 on: July 29, 2011, 10:59:37 AM

That's part of the problem.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: July 29, 2011, 11:12:37 AM

If the giants resign Plaxico its going to be a major  why so serious?
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: July 29, 2011, 01:21:41 PM

As a huge huge Dolphins fan, I gotta say I'm not to keen on the Bush trade/signing, I woulda preferred Sproles or Bradshaw.
When you look at the Saints stats, they got more yards, scored more and won more without him.
He has a ridiculously high rate of fumbling.
Once he is over 10 carries /game is average yards per carry drop dramatically (and it wasn't spectacular to begin with). Same goes for his receptions. Also when you look at the yards he gets after 1st contact and its abysmal. 
He is not even that good of a PR guy.

I just don't know what he brings that a ton of other back could do just as well.

Professional Forum Lurker.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 64 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011  
Jump to: