Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:54:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011  (Read 378224 times)
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: July 25, 2011, 11:40:54 PM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that the lockout is over and the season is on after all.

I think most people figured it would be back at some point before the season. I followed the whole story but I bet most people just said "come get me when the lockout is over." I'm looking forward to all the free agent activity being condensed.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #71 on: July 26, 2011, 06:51:46 AM

Now that it's all over I'm reminded that both sides are assholes for doing this publically.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #72 on: July 26, 2011, 09:14:13 AM

Very torn. Want the Seahawks to do well, but if they are bad, they need to be REALLY bad so Andrew Luck comes to town a year from now.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #73 on: July 26, 2011, 09:30:13 AM

Very torn. Want the Seahawks to do well, but if they are bad, they need to be REALLY bad so Andrew Luck comes to town a year from now.

They'll probably win 5-6 games and miss out on any good players.   awesome, for real

I'm still not particularly sold on Pete Carroll as an NFL coach.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #74 on: July 26, 2011, 09:31:28 AM

Maybe they'll catch whatever is afflicting the Mariners.

-Rasix
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: July 26, 2011, 11:47:05 AM

They'll probably win 5-6 games and miss out on any good players make the playoffs.   

Jokes never get old for me.  It's a gift.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
WayAbvPar

Reply #76 on: July 26, 2011, 01:52:05 PM

Welp.

Everyone reporting that Hasselbeck is definitely out, and that Tarvaris Jackson is flying to Seattle tonight. Looks like it is plan B and Andrew Luck. I just hope he shaves that godawful beard before draft day.

I seriously don't give a fuck who they sign now- if our QB is either Jackson or Clipboard Jesus we are well and truly fucked. This is going to be a long, shitty season.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #77 on: July 26, 2011, 01:53:40 PM

The Cowboys finally cut Roy Williams. Speaking for Cowboys fans everywhere, THANK GOD!

That may be the worst bust we've had in years.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #78 on: July 26, 2011, 02:17:34 PM

The Cowboys finally cut Roy Williams. Speaking for Cowboys fans everywhere, THANK GOD!

That may be the worst bust we've had in years.

Which the Browns will pick him up and then come the end of a 3-13 season, blame it all on McCoy.  swamp poop

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #79 on: July 26, 2011, 03:02:09 PM

Why the fuck would the Seahwaks want Tavaris Jackson? I'd rather have a paraplegic Hasselbeck than Tavaris Jackson. Shit, he couldn't win a starting job with one of the best running games in the league and got beat out two years in a row by a man twice his age (granted that man was Favre, but still). I guess they didn't want to trade for Kolb? Or, I don't know, search Skid Row for some crack addict? If the Cardinals really do get Kolb in a trade, I look forward to them and the Rams fighting over the NFC's yearly 7-9 playoff berth.

Rasix

Reply #80 on: July 26, 2011, 03:12:17 PM

Welp.

Everyone reporting that Hasselbeck is definitely out, and that Tarvaris Jackson is flying to Seattle tonight. Looks like it is plan B and Andrew Luck. I just hope he shaves that godawful beard before draft day.

I seriously don't give a fuck who they sign now- if our QB is either Jackson or Clipboard Jesus we are well and truly fucked. This is going to be a long, shitty season.

You do play in the NFC West.  The best team on paper might be the Rams.  THE RAMS. 

-Rasix
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: July 26, 2011, 03:15:09 PM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that the lockout is over and the season is on after all.

Thats the power of strikes/lockouts, I stop paying attention.  I did know before reading this that it was back on, but the funny thing is I'm actually less excited by the news than I normally would be for football at this point.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #82 on: July 26, 2011, 03:29:56 PM

Plus it is baseball season!  awesome, for real

Hearing rumors that Hasselbeck might end up down here. Maybe his wife won't let him come play in liberal land though.  Ohhhhh, I see.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rasix

Reply #83 on: July 26, 2011, 03:32:05 PM

That's Tim's wife.

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #84 on: July 26, 2011, 03:35:26 PM

I'm not sure he's any improvement on Smallhands anyway, really all we have to hope for is that Kaepernick pans out. Having watched him destroy Cal basically by himself I am somewhat optimistic.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: July 26, 2011, 08:09:28 PM

Andrew Luck. I just hope he shaves that godawful beard before draft day.

Klopeeeeeeeek!!

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: July 27, 2011, 03:36:55 AM

Donovan McNabb rumored to be coming to Nashville?  ACK!

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: July 27, 2011, 05:53:16 AM

Donovan McNabb rumored to be coming to Nashville?  ACK!

Michigan is what I saw - Vikes are taking him on the cheap.
WayAbvPar

Reply #88 on: July 27, 2011, 10:15:56 AM

Hasselbeck to Titans, McNabb likely to Vikings (LOL), Arizona frontrunners for Kolb. My only consolation is that Hasselbeck didn't go to AZ or SF. That would have blown ass.

'Experts' keep trying to talk me into Tarvaris Jackson- I ain't buying. Seattle now has 3 backup QBs (Leinart is en route to date rape his way through the local sororities by all accounts), plus some undrafted rookies- and we are supposed to start someone out of that group?  ACK!

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #89 on: July 27, 2011, 10:30:40 AM

Donovan McNabb rumored to be coming to Nashville?  ACK!

Michigan is what I saw - Vikes are taking him on the cheap.

Facepalm

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: July 27, 2011, 10:40:22 AM

Donovan McNabb rumored to be coming to Nashville?  ACK!

Michigan Minnesota is what I saw - Vikes are taking him on the cheap.

Facepalm

I blame the lack of coffee this morning.  I'm not even sure where I pulled out Michigan from.  
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #91 on: July 27, 2011, 11:46:44 AM

Hasselbeck to Titans, McNabb likely to Vikings (LOL), Arizona frontrunners for Kolb. My only consolation is that Hasselbeck didn't go to AZ or SF. That would have blown ass.

'Experts' keep trying to talk me into Tarvaris Jackson- I ain't buying. Seattle now has 3 backup QBs (Leinart is en route to date rape his way through the local sororities by all accounts), plus some undrafted rookies- and we are supposed to start someone out of that group?  ACK!

You make it sound like date rape is a bad thing. 
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #92 on: July 27, 2011, 11:51:24 AM

has anyone locked down Sexy Rexy yet?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #93 on: July 27, 2011, 12:45:54 PM

Hasselbeck to the Titans is a good move for them. McNabb to the Vikings I don't think is that bad either, but really, he SHOULD just have to hand off to Peterson and toss the odd TD. They can't get much worse than they were with Favre at QB last year because Favre was fucking AWFUL. But the Seahawks? I really cannot see what the fuck they are thinking. Whitehurst is your best option, or at least you'd think so based on what they traded for him. Tavaris Jackson? I can't even say that with a straight face. The Hawks are going to be face-fucking bad this year. It will be painful to watch them. It really looks like the Rams knew what they were doing with Bradford, because he is now the best QB in that division and can apparently carry a team through the NFL's version of the National Paraplegic League. If Arizona was serious, they'd whisper some sweet nothings in the Broncos' ears and get Kyle Orton. Neckbeard can sling it. Kolb would be the "sexier" option, but the Eagles are going to price themselves out of that trade. Kolb will be the highest priced backup to a convicted felon in the league.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #94 on: July 27, 2011, 01:29:55 PM

Kolb is overrated.  He wasn't that good when he played for the Eagles.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #95 on: July 27, 2011, 01:39:44 PM

Kolb is overrated.  He wasn't that good when he played for the Eagles.

Kolb is untested in my view.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #96 on: July 27, 2011, 01:42:16 PM

Maybe you could say that.  When he played he looked like shit.  It's the same feeling I got from Garrett Gilbert in the national title game versus Alabama.  Yeah, he hasn't played a lot but I'm not optimistic. 
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #97 on: July 27, 2011, 01:47:01 PM

He looked inconsistent, which comes from that untested bit. He's probably got the chops to be a decent starting QB on the right team, but the Eagles haven't really let him show how bad or good he can be. They knew Vick was their guy after week 1, so they only used Kolb when they had to, and then it was right back to Vick. Someone is likely to trade too much for him because of how bad some of the QB situations in the NFL are (HELLO CARDINALS!). A terrible Kolb would be an improvement. It will come down to whether the Eagles want to eat the cost of that huge contract they gave him to ride the pine as a "What if?" or want to take less than top value for him in a trade.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #98 on: July 27, 2011, 01:47:10 PM

Maybe you could say that.  When he played he looked like shit.  It's the same feeling I got from Garrett Gilbert in the national title game versus Alabama.  Yeah, he hasn't played a lot but I'm not optimistic. 

I think you are forgetting his game against Atlanta early in October. He absolutely drilled a very good Falcons team.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: July 27, 2011, 02:57:18 PM

Yeah, I got to work and found McNabb maybe at Vikes.  Sucks to be them!  I'm...OK with Hasselbeck at the Titans, they cut Young and Old Man Drinky McDrinksalot retired. 

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #100 on: July 28, 2011, 08:38:26 AM

Who gets Namdi is so much more interesting then these not so great QB's shuffling around. If Caron Palmer ends up somewhere it could have playoff implications ( even outside of the NFC west) though I'd put money on him continuing to choke terribly.

I think the 49ers have positioned themselves well, if Arizona doesn't take up the Eagles crazy offer perhaps they can trade Clements for Kolb, after picking up Namdi of course. Not my team but it'd be nice to get to watch good football every sunday.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #101 on: July 28, 2011, 10:36:07 AM

My prediction, the NFC west will continue to be a never-ending embarrassment to the sport of football.

WayAbvPar

Reply #102 on: July 28, 2011, 11:28:47 AM

My prediction, the NFC west will continue to be a never-ending embarrassment to the sport of football.

And yet 3 of the 4 teams have been to a Super Bowl more recently than your beloved Cowboys (49ers missed it by a year). Rams are going to be a lot better, and if SF and Arizona unfuck their QB situations they will also be better. Seattle is another, more depressing story. Although rah rah Carroll may surprise me.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #103 on: July 28, 2011, 11:30:53 AM

There's a reason Pete Carroll was coaching college. He's already fucked up two jobs as head coach in the NFL. He's going for the trifecta with the Hawks.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #104 on: July 28, 2011, 11:38:51 AM

And yet 3 of the 4 teams have been to a Super Bowl more recently than your beloved Cowboys (49ers missed it by a year). Rams are going to be a lot better, and if SF and Arizona unfuck their QB situations they will also be better. Seattle is another, more depressing story. Although rah rah Carroll may surprise me.

Funny, because the Cowboys play in a division with two double digit win teams. Just like the North and the South that had 2 and 3 double digit win teams. When's the last time that happened in the NFC West? Oh that's right, 2003. That division has been total ass since they realigned in 2002 and created it as a joke for football fans.

Oh and all those West teams lost the Super Bowl. Who cares if they "made it", even the Falcons managed to pull that off one year. What about the Bills, they "made it" too!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 11:41:47 AM by Paelos »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 64 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011  
Jump to: