Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:17:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#3 - Game Day #4  (Read 36902 times)
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: February 04, 2011, 01:55:40 AM

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #36 on: February 04, 2011, 02:16:28 AM

Haha, that's the spirit Scad!

Me, I am just glad he didn't do much against me but I failed at maiming.

Anyway, the new Public Enemy #1 is Snoosnoo's Freight Train Joe. Someone do something about that dude!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 02:19:16 AM by Falconeer »

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: February 04, 2011, 04:11:39 AM

Now wait a minute, what did Joe ever do to anyone? Joe's nice. Joe's alright.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #38 on: February 04, 2011, 06:22:11 AM

Chuck has posters of Freight Train Joe in his locker.
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 04, 2011, 09:17:40 AM

Xuri - your online now - can you play??
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #40 on: February 04, 2011, 09:20:01 AM

Man, that game against Ingmar was going reasonably well so far.  I'm afraid to see how nuffle will switch things around next attempt..

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: February 04, 2011, 09:21:39 AM

Amazons lose their first game in 2 seasons! Oh the humiliation. Getting an extra apoc didn't help at all.

Actually it was pretty close, despite 1/2 my team being KO'ed in the second half. The match came down to an Dark Elf using shadow to shadow my catcher for 4 squares before I failed a dodge 2 squares from the end zone. My one TD came about when a sidestepping catcher fell over into the ball square and the crowd threw into the end zone on the last turn of the first half. The rest of the time, the Delf's had more people on the field after I did an unwise attempted foul early on. The 9 or so players with Block on his side really played their part, as did the Assassin who KO'ed several of the girls.

One of my skilled players lost a point of armour, and the spare apoc gave her a niggling injury instead.

The Dark Elves are the team to beat in my group.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #42 on: February 04, 2011, 09:26:57 AM

Holy shit that was a game and a half.

I made some dumb UI errors in my first turn that resulted in a Witch Elf making a -2d block for no good reason ( swamp poop) but bounced back to score halfway through the first half. Comstar then made a hard push down the sideline and came close to equalising. I thought I had the ball safe in the last turn as it was in 3 DE tacklezones and he had no loose players to pick it up and carry it in but he got a lucky bounce and it went off the pitch to end up conveniently within rushing distance of one of the Amazons. 1-1 right on the whistle.

In the second half the Dark Elf policy of maximum aggression bore fruit as only 9 Amazons could take the pitch. I kicked it to him, he again rushed it down the sidelines. A missed 3+ dodge from a Witch Elf saved him from getting pushed off the pitch but then my Assassin earnt his MVPs by shadowing the ball carrier as she dashed for the line. After four Dodge rolls she finally failed one and the ball was loose. I threw it upfield and held it close to the Amazon endzone while I pushed his team around. Right at full time I walked it in to win 2-1.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: February 04, 2011, 09:54:58 AM

I get the one-two combo of playing you guys next - dark elves next game, then amazons.  Hooray for some injuries!  Wish there were more.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #44 on: February 04, 2011, 10:10:14 AM

This has a huge impact on the playoff situation in our division. I can't see either AndyDavo or Comstar losing any of their other games so, assuming that I don't fuck up (which you should never discount the possibility of), they will meet on game day 7 to play for the second playoff spot. I've had the three games that I was dreading the most (Xuri, Comstar and AndyDavo) so the rest of the league is mostly an opportunity to build some skills up and coast to the playoffs. Proudft might cause me some problems but at this point I can rely on the fact that my team are exceptionally horrid to deal with, almost completely uninjured and that I have ~500 TV over him to see me through.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:49:00 AM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 04, 2011, 11:31:33 AM

Proudft crashed in our first MM game tonight too, on the opening kickoff. You'd think they'd have figured out a way for multiplayer games to recover by now.  Heartbreak

It was before even the kickoff I think, I was setting up players and BLAM.   And this morning I see it is registered as a concession/disconnect by me.  My goblins' perfect record!   cry
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #46 on: February 04, 2011, 12:39:17 PM

Yo, someone gank the hell out of Iain's team...bring him back down to earth... Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: February 04, 2011, 03:22:52 PM

It wasn't as easy as you might think from the score, but The Bell Jar Amazons won over Rat Country for 2 - 0.

I feel bad for Ruvaldt, he had 580k of inducements which he spent properly for a wizard and a very cool Star Player Rat with 6 STR and a prehensile tail. Too bad the wizard totally missed the target and the Star Player managed to get his ass spanked (mostly by himself honestly, this huge rat should totally get block for Nuffle's sake!) in the first half, and to produce almost nothing in the second. Without the big inducements' impact the game resolved to a slow grind where the girls managed to dodge like dancers and hit in the right spots at the right time. No passes whatsoever have been attempted by the two teams, probably due to the glaring sun bothering the throwers, so the ball has been lazily kept on the ground for the whole match.

I scored in the first half not without mistakes on my part which seriously made me worry. My catcher with diving catch managed to intercept the kickoff on the scrimmage line, giving me a very advanced starting position but at the same time a hard to protect one. With some bashing, and lots of failing by the afore mentioned blockless Rat Star Player, I secured the ball in a corner to earn an easy turn 8 TD with top class thrower Sylvia Plath getting her new level up.

In the second half the music didn't change much. The StRat Player, who was supposed to be the pointman of the offensive drive, again failed to open a breach in the feminist wall, and the ball-carrying gutter runner got stalled in his own half until, thanks to lots of violence, he managed to lose the ball for another safe last turn TD signed by the super-effective Mary Wollestoncraft.

The key of the match has been in a couple of unlucky turnovers Ruvaldt suffered in the first half, typical double double skull bulshit, which is known to be a morale-killer. In the second half I challenged luck by rerolling a blitz on the ball carrier only because I didn't like a both down, and as a result I got doubleskulled. Knowing the gutter runner speed I saw a terrible opening in my defense and for a second I thought I just shot myself in the foot for good, but the rats' super annoying Star Player once more came to MY rescue as he fell again in a "both down" blitz which was supposed to open the way for the Gutter Runner crazy rush. Sometimes, you just can't lose.

The Bell Jar Utd. - Rat Country    2 - 0

Scorers: Sylvia Plath (JAR), Mary Wollstoncraft (JAR)

Long term inuries: Laughter (RAT), broken ribs.
Deaths: -

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: February 04, 2011, 03:43:05 PM

Someone make up a haters gonna hate image for Whiteman, already!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #49 on: February 04, 2011, 03:44:55 PM

Someone make up a haters gonna hate image for Whiteman, already!

Your job!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #50 on: February 04, 2011, 04:22:44 PM

I lost.

Summary: Fuck wizards, and star players.  I don't know what I did in a former life to deserve the grief that I just received, but whatever it was, it must've been fun.  I may as well have spent my inducements on hookers and blow for all the good they did me.  I'm a better coach than this.  Every time I got something going I would suffer some ridiculous turnover, and the comedy would begin all over again as Falc found some crazy way to get a one dice block on me and knock my ball carrier down.  The only thing I can be thankful about is that no one was injured, but with the lack of TDs I just haven't built up enough SPPs to keep up with my division; especially against Strazos.

2 - 0, Bell Jar.  Thanks for the game, Falc.  We're 1-1-1 now!

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: February 04, 2011, 04:28:10 PM

as Falc found some crazy way to get a one dice block on me and knock my ball carrier down.

That is so true, I got a Defender Down on that block. But the reason I did it as a first move is that my Blitzeress has Strip Ball, so I was counting on at least a push on a reroll to get that ball loose.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: February 04, 2011, 07:02:45 PM

Beardstorm! 2 - Hippies 1

Replay is uploaded, it was an elf injury fest, mostly. Some permanent injuries but no deaths, sadly my merc lineman got my MVP and I couldn't afford to buy him. More notes when I look back over the game, but it was one of those dwarves kick, elves score right away, elves never touch ball for rest of game' ones.

Did have a little scare as my one healthy runner was KOed to start the 2nd half by a thrown rock, but one of my blitzers stepped in and managed to pick up the ball.

Oh, I bought a wizard, planning to be the first player to ever remember to actually use it, and then never needed it.  Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 07:13:29 PM by Ingmar »

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: February 04, 2011, 07:09:47 PM

Welp!   awesome, for real

Luck shifted massively from our first game to the replay game.  Where as I made all my dodges, and looked like I was close to holding Ingmar to a 1-0 lead going into half time the first game, I was destroyed the 2nd game.  Many many of my dodges failed, almost every single GFI failed, and every critical block attempt against his ball carrier skulled.  This left my elves vulnerable to blocks, and I lost 5 to injuries, and 1 knocked out, by the end of the game.  Lost both my wardancers, making it impossible for me to win at the end, and one of them will be out for my next game, hurting my long term chances.  Got steam rolled 2-1 by the dwarves this time around, and my chances of making the play offs narrow to almost nothing.

Ah well though, after my luck the last 2 games, I knew nuffle would come back to his favorite bitch boy.   awesome, for real  Good game to Ingmar, he played very solidly.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #54 on: February 04, 2011, 07:37:33 PM

That was a pretty good illustration for me as to why everyone hates dwarves.  ACK!

God Save the Horn Players
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: February 04, 2011, 07:41:50 PM

Oh, I bought a wizard, planning to be the first player to ever remember to actually use it, and then never needed it.  Ohhhhh, I see.

I used a Wizard against Tele. But rolled a 1. Good to see his luck turned!  awesome, for real
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #56 on: February 04, 2011, 07:46:04 PM

I remembered to use mine today.  The blind bastard missed.  He missed four Amazons.

I'm still bitter.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: February 04, 2011, 07:49:00 PM

sadly my merc lineman got my MVP and I couldn't afford to buy him.

That is a goddamn tragedy right there!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: February 04, 2011, 07:50:37 PM

Celer crashed out at half time in out match. Can you guys reset it? he was up by one td at half time but one of his mummies was out with a smashed knee and a zombie with a smashed coller bone. He didn't deserve to lose it. at half time. he said he tried to reconnect but it didn;t work.

patch seems to have screwed the game up
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 07:52:09 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: February 04, 2011, 07:53:31 PM

I used a Wizard against Tele. But rolled a 1. Good to see his luck turned!  awesome, for real
I'd probably make the dodge against the lighting bolt again if he tried that game, when it wouldn't matter in the slightest, just so nuffle could rub it in my face.

-Stephen Colbert
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: February 04, 2011, 07:54:33 PM

Celer crashed out at half time in out match. Can you guys reset it?

It doesn't show up to me, it's like you never played, so you should be able to replay it anytime.

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: February 04, 2011, 08:00:57 PM

Yeah I crashed in a friendly against Ingmar yesterday, so this time I intentionally closed down email/web/etc JUST IN CASE... but it did not help.  There was some weirdness on the opening kickoff too, one of my ghouls just disappeared from the pitch... not on the sideline, not hit by a rock, just gone.  He popped up again after I scored, but something strange is really going on since the patch...

We tried to reconnect after it timed out, but it won't take.  For me it looks like we've already played, giving me a 3-1 loss, with a skeleton getting a damaged back but no other SPP or cash.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #62 on: February 04, 2011, 08:06:29 PM

Sometimes it takes the server a few minutes to register the match, even if it is a disconnect.  It could take a little bit for it to show up as a disconnect for you, Falc.  I recall that happening when Proudft and I had a crash problem.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: February 04, 2011, 08:11:26 PM

The best thing about playing early in the game week is getting to pretend that my team is #1 in the division. Go ezrast!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: February 04, 2011, 08:57:32 PM

OK, Celer and Sir T match has been properly reset now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: February 04, 2011, 08:58:14 PM

3/4 of the casualties I got credit for were inflicted by Bort, Slayer of Calvin. How long before he displaces Brian the Tyrant?

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #66 on: February 04, 2011, 09:03:58 PM

Who names their slayer "Bort," honestly?

God Save the Horn Players
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: February 04, 2011, 09:20:24 PM

Seems like NiX is quitting the League for the time being due to personal, real life reasons. I am gonna give the win to Lamaros tomorrow (just in case he has a crisis and changes his mind), and it will be the same 2 - 0 result for everyone who still has to play him.

Meh.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: February 04, 2011, 11:45:02 PM

Seems like NiX is quitting the League for the time being due to personal, real life reasons. I am gonna give the win to Lamaros tomorrow (just in case he has a crisis and changes his mind), and it will be the same 2 - 0 result for everyone who still has to play him.

Meh.

That is no good, bit life has got to come first. If NiX does change his mind I am of course willing to wait as long as he needs. We have a nine day window and shouldn't rush just because many can find the time to play quicker.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: February 05, 2011, 12:07:58 AM

I'm still struggling to get a usable connection, all sorts of appendages crossed I can figure something out before next week, but it is going to be tight.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #4  
Jump to: