Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:40:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#3 - Game Day #4  (Read 36695 times)
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #70 on: February 05, 2011, 02:57:19 PM

That is no good, bit life has got to come first. If NiX does change his mind I am of course willing to wait as long as he needs. We have a nine day window and shouldn't rush just because many can find the time to play quicker.

I wouldn't bother waiting. Never work in Systems consulting if you like having a life :(
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: February 05, 2011, 04:07:10 PM

Well the Nurgle Vs undead game replay is over...

4-0 to the dead. Things kinda went downhill when one of My warriors and the Beast of Nurgle was badly hurt in the massed brawl that was this game. It was raining but Celer must have been wearing velcro gloves as he passed the ball around like an elf. The most exiting moment for me was when I dodged out of an enemy cage with my beastman, passed it to a rotter, and the ball missed but the rotter behind him caught it, and he barreled up the side of the pitch. It looked like I was actually going to score my first touchdown of the league!

And then next turn he crossed the touchline... and rolled a 1 on his go for it roll.

The rest is kind of lots of blood and carnage. 3 of my Warriors and the beast were int he blood bin by the end and the rotters were bouncing in and out of the knocked out box.

Fun game, lots of Carnage and no permanent injuries. Celer played well. if Nuffle was a women she would be kicking me in the nuts while claiming child support despite having no kids.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 05:04:42 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: February 05, 2011, 04:49:15 PM

Undeadwood Swedgins defeat the Harbingers of Homeopathy 4-0, thanks to all the bad luck I've had in prior matches coming home to roost.

Swedgins ghouls received a rainy kickoff and we traded early minor casualties around my cage.  After a few turns I opened a small seam and squirted through, but the Beast of Nurgle managed to sidle up to my ball carrier.  I tried a desperation handoff to a wight... in the rain... with a Disturbing Presence or two nearby.  My final reroll gave me a 6, and Foul Scarengen scampered off for my first TD (of the season).

The ensuing kickoff was a Blitz for me, but neither of us were in a position to score a TD at the end of the half.  However I used my turn 8 to take a cheap shot at the Beast, and a mummy ended up knocking him down.  The Widowmaker Garret, my designated fouler skeleton, got a firm boot to his head and inflicted a casualty at the cost of an ejection.  It's a trade I'd make any day of the week, and it set up a promising second half.  Little did I know just how much the dice were on my side.

On the second half kickoff, the skies cleared up and the Nurgle suffered an unlucky Attacker Down early in the turn.  I used the confusion to gain some position, seemingly sealing the ball to one side of the pitch.  However, the ball carrier spied a lane to the other side of the pitch and tried a pass.  It failed once, it failed on a reroll, but the dice toyed with Sir T and had the ball drop into a nearby Rotter's hands, who immediately sprinted down the pitch and succeeded on 2 GFIs to put him one move and a GFI away from a touchdown.  All I could do was move a ghoul a few squares away and hope he failed his GFI.  Naturally, he did, fumbling the ball out the back of the end zone and having it thrown in right at my ghoul's feet.

That was a crushing blow to morale.  My 3 ghouls were all on one side of the pitch, and most everyone else was on the other.  I was able to sprint down the sideline in a couple turns, hand the ball off to Francis Willcutt, and score to make it 2-0.  To rub salt in the wound, my mummy kicker placed a perfect kick into open space, and a Blitz event was rolled that allowed me to get Francis Willcutt directly under the ball, who caught it with ease.  He dodged the incoming block, dodged out of the tackle zone, and scored on the next turn.

The fans responded by throwing rocks at the undead team, and the Nurgle looked as if they wanted to at least keep the ball away in the final two turns and dish out some revenge.  This ended up backfiring though, as on turn 16 they retreated to the sideline, and a ghoul managed to sprint over, get a 1-die knock down to bat the ball out of bounds, where it fell at the feet of... Francis Willcutt.  A quick pickup and fourth TD (and a hat trick for Willcutt) brought the game to a close.

With the beast out at halftime, I was able to be a LOT more mobile than the Undead should be.  The aborted-game featured an injured mummy and what would likely have been the death-knell for the Swedgins in the league.  Now, a few skills and a new scoring threat, things are looking up.  Tons of fun, and I still can't believe that Rotter pulled off an immaculate reception only to trip over the goal line.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #73 on: February 05, 2011, 04:56:01 PM

I had a Norseman trip on the goal line last season, and he fell on his neck. swamp poop

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #74 on: February 05, 2011, 06:29:29 PM

Gruntle and I join the crashing streak

The game was going so well, 1 - 1 after some fancy snotling and goatman action

On my kick it made one of my ogres disappear then as I tried to use a formation to get him back, the game crashed :(

I'd like to replay if we can get the match reset

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: February 05, 2011, 06:38:54 PM

Gruntle and I join the crashing streak
On my kick it made one of my ogres disappear then as I tried to use a formation to get him back, the game crashed :(

I'd like to replay if we can get the match reset

Oh is that what happened? All I saw was the game crashed on his end and after a 5 min counter during which we couldn't figure out how to reconnect it credited me with the victory, ruining my perfectly good blank column. So Falconer, fix that please. Get that ugly unwarranted victory out of there and let us replay the match.

-G
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #76 on: February 05, 2011, 07:13:50 PM

Validated matches, reset broken ones and awarded to Lamaros the win over NiX.

Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #77 on: February 06, 2011, 12:02:29 AM

In the epic battle for the bottom of Stormbringer Division, Gruntle and I are both winners!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Reborne's Wrestlers 2 - 2 Nifty Helmets

It would have been a different game if not for all the glitches.
No seriously we played 1.5 games and in the second one Gruntle was having some graphics problems.

Highlights for me were Gruntle having to pick between a -1str goatman or letting the crowd kill it.
That and killing one of my own snotlings by throwing them into a Chaos cage, only to have him land in one of the few vacant squares and kill himself
Oh and we can't forget The Undertaker getting out of the K.O. bin only to have Kane cop a rock from crowd and take his place.

Match is up for people to laugh at  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: February 06, 2011, 12:27:15 AM

After glitches derailed a first attempt at a game with 1-1 score at the half, the chaos helms met the Wrestlin' ogres again for a 2-2 draw to keep them both in contention for the bottom of the pile with death on each side (a goat after the apothecary saved a previous death and the ogres lost a snotling projectile that missed everything in a tightly packed cage) and a field made of bloody spots. A last second chaos score in the first half meant we went into the second tied but only fielding 8-player teams. Reborne maintained a steady ogre majority over the chaos warriors but some unlucky bone head rolls and some some surprising feats of goat agility (and snotling knocking) kept the game close even when most of the chaos front line spent the last half dazed on the ground. In a reverse of the first half, chaos scored relatively easily at the beginning and in the last turn the unimpeded Ogres strolled the ball across the line.

(On the upside, mutations may come to a lucky goatman or two as chaos limps on)
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: February 06, 2011, 05:18:30 AM

I am sad to see Nix go, and I am sad to have another result entered by falc rather than from a game. No chance at the MVP and team awards now. :(
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #80 on: February 06, 2011, 05:29:27 AM

He really wasn't enjoying it though. Hopefully he'll play some single player games as well as some no-pressure MP matches, figure out what is what and join us in the next league.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Strazos

Reply #81 on: February 06, 2011, 08:45:41 AM

Apparently work was severely limiting his ability to keep up with the league, not to blow up his spot or anything.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: February 06, 2011, 08:52:55 AM

Xuri - i have sent you a friend requst on steam, i am running BB in windowed mode while i do other things. I WILL checkit aprox once every 10mins, but the BEST WAY TO GETMY ATTENTION will be to addme on steam! the time is 4mins before our game is scheduled and your offfline as it stands.
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: February 06, 2011, 10:03:17 AM

Xuri - your over an hour late - do you need to rearrange?
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: February 06, 2011, 10:03:42 AM

Well that was frustrating. With 540k in inducements against Alive not Dead I took a star player, a merc saurus, two kegs of Bloodweiser, an apoth, and a reroll. I picked up the ball and ran it to the middle of the pitch, where a huge melee of undead and lizards ensued. Llyse's players vastly outskilled mine, but with 7 str 4 players and all that booze keeping my players in fighting shape, I felt like I really had a chance to go toe-to-toe with Llyse's players and come out ahead, or at least pull even.

Then he rolled all over me.

I made a lot of the typical noob mistakes, even forgetting to stand up my players first a couple times. What hurt me most, I think, was not setting up safeties before my risky plays; one failed dodge in particular left his ball carrier wide open to head towards my endzone which I could have easily prevented with some loose sauruses.

End result was 3-0 for Alive not Dead, with a dead skink for me and a kicker out next game for Llyse. On the plus side, I leveled a saurus, and another saurus got my MVP which could have easily gone to my dead player or one of my two temps, so that was nice. Maybe I won't feel like a rookie team by the end of Season 5 (my line up for this game was actually worse than it was when I created the team due to injuries).

Also, Llyse's newly hired Hobbes mkII got his MVP and is now level 2  ACK!.
Strazos

Reply #85 on: February 06, 2011, 10:57:05 AM

Also, Llyse's newly hired Hobbes mkII got his MVP and is now level 2  ACK!.

Now that's not even fair. Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: February 06, 2011, 12:16:35 PM

Only 4 games to go. Cool.

I hope Xuri will show up, it sucks to have your opponent forfeiting.

AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: February 06, 2011, 02:04:46 PM

still no sign of him, i hope he's ok.

What happens if its a concession? standard disco rules (double winnings mvps etc) or i just get the 2 TD's?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: February 06, 2011, 02:19:23 PM

Not sure what happens. Lamaros should know as he just got his win over NiX this way.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #89 on: February 06, 2011, 02:26:53 PM

Also, Llyse's newly hired Hobbes mkII got his MVP and is now level 2  ACK!.

Now that's not even fair. Ohhhhh, I see.

Luck is better than skill some say  awesome, for real

It was a much closer match than the scoreline suggests with the scoreline in the first half being 1-0 to Alive not Dead!

Alive not Dead won the toss and elected to kick with a quiet opening snap.

With most of the line zombies down and out Sonnellion the skink picked up ball and headed to the relative safety of the line of scrimmage. However Michael the zombie had merely been playing dead all along.

With Atarin the Cruel to provide the assist (making both GFIs) the ball was popped loose in the insanity of the halfway line. This took pretty much 8 turns to clear the ball out with at one point Calvin the Menace being surrounded by Sauruses and skinks at one point.

2nd half Alive not Dead score the first TD relatively quickly without much drama, but it's when 7 Deadly receive that it gets amusing. Slibi the huge Star Player Saurus finally rolls double skulls and Nuffle sensing Loner trait immediately ensures that it stays the same.

So Hobbes the Ripper mkII shows potential of his predecessor dodging away to pick up in 1 TZ only to fumble a Long pass to Katze who is cheerfully waiting for the ball. Both Hobbes and Benson are stunned by Asmodeus and Belphegor for their trouble.

Calvin steps in however and shows how's it done, dodging away, picking up the ball in 1 TZ dodging away again burning the last team reroll for a perfect launch sailing over Asmodeus' snout for Katze to score.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Overall a great match to watch
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 02:52:43 PM by Llyse »
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #90 on: February 06, 2011, 02:44:48 PM

What happens if its a concession? standard disco rules (double winnings mvps etc) or i just get the 2 TD's?

There's still a week left to get the game in.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #91 on: February 06, 2011, 03:02:21 PM

I'm ok, just completely useless at remembering appointments. If you still want to play we can reschedule for Saturday. If that messes up other plans you might have, I'll forfeit the match, no problem. Sorry for being a useless twit.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: February 06, 2011, 03:44:36 PM

Not sure what happens. Lamaros should know as he just got his win over NiX this way.

You get 6 points for the two TDs and 10 from two MVPs. Random though, so it sucks. And no chance at more points for injuries or passes or anything.

Plus you don't get to play the game, which is the fun bit.

Oh well. :(

Our group is really interesting now. Llyse will make it. He has a game with Nix to give him 15 points. He would have to lose both his other games and have ICE and I win ours to miss out. Ice Cream, Ingmar and I are playing for second spot.

Ice Cream and I have to play Llyse, Ingmar doesn't. Ingmar will win one for sure from Nix, Ice and I wont.

But Ingmar plays both Ice and I. So it's still on a knife edge.

Ingmar has to at least draw against Ice this week, and I have to win against Llyse. Otherwise Ice will probably take second.

If Llyse wins his remaining games he is on 21 points and through.
If Ice wins his he's on 19 and through.
If Ingmar wins his he's on 16 and through, (as Ice could only be 16 and would be behind on head to head and GD most like)
If I win mine I'm on 16 and depending on Ice losing some (a decent chance) or Llyse losing some (not likely).
If ezrast wins his he's on 13 and depending on Ice, Llyse, and/or Me losing and drawing some.
If Teleku wins his he's on 13 and depending on Ice, Llyse, and/or Me losing and drawing some.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 04:03:39 PM by lamaros »
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: February 06, 2011, 04:11:29 PM

I'm still struggling to get a usable connection, all sorts of appendages crossed I can figure something out before next week, but it is going to be tight.
best of luck dude.  keep me posted, i'll try to stay flexible.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #94 on: February 06, 2011, 05:24:13 PM

The Wishmasters Wildcards 1 - 0 North by Northwest

I failed to seriously hurt/kill any of AndyDavo's players, failed to pick up the ball, failed to pass it, failed to find any openings, failed to score, failed to position my players correctly, failed to stop AndyDavo from scoring. I've decided that I don't like this game very much.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #95 on: February 07, 2011, 06:43:22 AM

Ginaz and I are scheduled for Wednesday night. I'm hoping that doesn't get screwed over, this is an awful week for me. Got a couple night classes and Wed is the blues jam and they've moved to my local jam venue. That should be over around 10, and since it's the local venue these days, I should be home in time to get the game in.
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: February 07, 2011, 07:06:30 AM

avaia and I should get ours on during the week sometime, got each other on steam now!

Looking forward to it!

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: February 08, 2011, 12:44:45 PM

The Silver Horde are back from their mid-season "training camp", despite much quaffing and general carousing hangovers are in retreat and they are ready to punch lizards in the face.

(or, my internet connection appears to be working - just tested on a successful MM match)

Now we just have to work around the 10 hour time difference and we're set!

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: February 08, 2011, 12:58:09 PM

Claws. Honed.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #99 on: February 08, 2011, 02:18:55 PM

Claws. Honed.

Ooh! This'll be a match to watch! Whitemane vs rest!
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: February 08, 2011, 05:28:56 PM

Claws. Honed.

Ooh! This'll be a match to watch! Whitemane vs rest!

Did you hear the dogs whimpering?  I did.  2-0, orcs.  Well played beatdown.
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: February 08, 2011, 05:40:10 PM

SPOILER: MATCH REVIEW

---------

Strongman are Whitemanes bane!

I went into the match noting that it wouldn't be pretty, with 500,000 gold to use on inducement Varag was recruited aswell as some bribes to the ref. The tactic become one of playing to win; try nothing flashy, force 1D blocks and foul key positionals as much as possible.

Turn one started with the Waivers screening the ball and not blitzing, sense of fear with five S4 players walling? A Black Orc charged in and Knocked out a Wight. Solid start, already have the numerical advantage. The Waivers attempted a rush down the sideline, but got stopped by Varag, a scuffle ensued, fouls abound and two turns later a nameless Lineman had the ball and a Werewolf was out due do Orcs stomping and ripping his fur. A last ditch attempt to get the ball with a lone wolf failed, with the wolfman hitting the ground, and was later fouled out of the match. Strongman controlled the rest of the half, and stalled to lead 1 - 0 at half-time; five Waivers out and a Black Orc picking up a niggle.

With both Werewolfs and Wights knocked out, there was no way I'd let him have any extra KO rolls. Only one zombie returned from the dugout, with the puny wolves being to scared and beaten up too face up to the sharp Strongman boots.

Second half started with the Necros undermanned, demoralized and fielding only braindead players and a Ghoul. The Neccos desperatly attempted to mark Martin Meatsacker to get the ball loose. But it proved impossible with crappy zombies. Hugo the Black Orc ran in the second TD on turn 15 to make it 2 - 0 and win. Second half was pretty void, with a somewhat one-sided uphill struggle for the Waivers (and multiple fouls on his ghoul).

Special mention goes to Previous Blanket for some heroics.

Still undefeated! See you next match Falc, my boys are going to make your bitches BLEED!

(Should mention that avaia had three doubleskulls, while I only got one or two, nuffle loves the green guys)

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: February 08, 2011, 11:45:06 PM

Two games to go! Three days to go! Go go go!

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: February 09, 2011, 01:28:58 AM

Horde v Burninluv will kick off in a bit under 19 hours from now.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: February 09, 2011, 07:59:32 PM

Pretty sure Gut Spillers vs Bashtards has just kicked off.

Horde vs Burinluv also due to start about now, so hopefully Day 5 can start in a few hours.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #4  
Jump to: