Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:34:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#3 - Game Day #4  (Read 36964 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: February 03, 2011, 05:24:46 AM

We are currently Playing.....
Game Day #4
** All games have to be played BEFORE February 12nd **

** All games have to be played BEFORE February 12nd **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 11:37:11 AM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 05:25:25 AM

Scores and Standings after Game Day #3

Scores:

Standings (3 played out of 7):

Battletech Division

Cthulhu Division

Stormbringer Division

Twilight 2000 Division

Player stats:

Team stats:

The Graveyard:

** All relevant info updated in the OP. You can always find up to date Scores and Standings there **

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 05:38:10 AM

Dominic the Donkey, 5 casualties in 3 games   ACK!

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 05:46:49 AM

Yeah, amazing given he's not even the biggest brute.

I expect all the stats will change next round due to the mixup with Cad and my game, but it's nice to be up there for the moment. I know I'll be keeping track to see if I can stay up top with kills this season.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 06:48:08 AM

Hoax, accept the Friends thing on Steam, and let me know when you're around.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 08:49:42 AM

Just want to point out that all of the Undead teams sit in the bottom 3 of each division. To those of you who suggested them as a starter team, I just wanted to say: Go fuck yourselves. why so serious?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 09:01:32 AM

While Necromantic ones are win. But the difference is so thin...

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 09:29:11 AM

Just want to point out that all of the Undead teams sit in the bottom 3 of each division. To those of you who suggested them as a starter team, I just wanted to say: Go fuck yourselves. why so serious?
My orcs only got a win from playing Haemmy and having good armor. I'd say it's more about newb coaches than the teams. VS the established coaches, especially the ones playing lots of games, there's really not much hope for any of us newbs.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 01:40:21 PM

Just thought I should point out that my loss was against a newb ork team.

EDIT: Also, the death roll seems to be inaccurate, since at least one of my linesman was level 2.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 01:41:46 PM

It doesn't seem to know the levels, yeah, Hobbes was like level 4.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Strazos

Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 01:47:39 PM

It's probably looking at what they've done only in the current season, now that I look at it again.

Still... Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 02:43:30 PM

I sent an email to you, Kail.
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 03:33:58 PM

AndyDavo Vs Xuri

Hi mate - can you play on sunday evening please? i'm uk based so for me thats 5pm to 11pm. I can also do monday and tuesday.
Strazos

Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 03:41:32 PM

Bann and I just played...match uploaded, I think. Ohhhhh, I see.

Humans win the toss, and elect to receive. My kick is...terrible, and the ball is given to someone near midfield. A general melee ensues, Bann manages to pull the runner back and do a bootleg to the other side of the field. Norse had a single defender back, and his coverage was...questionable. Humans run up with a handoff, and dash to the endzone. A norse runner forces the issue, and the humans walk it in for an early TD.

Humans kickoff, the norse clear the front lines, and they start to bring the ball up the sideline. They're making good progress, but then the Humans manage to gum up the works. It's looking like the Norse might stall at halftime, and the ball is popped loose, into the hands of a Norse werewolf with 3 humans on his (proverbial) tail. After some creative pushing and blocking, and a timely GFI, said werewolf gallops the ball in to tie the game at halftime.

Humans again kickoff, and valiantly try to stop the northern horde as the drag the ball forward. However, their armor is not holding up well, and they start to suffer significant casualties. The norse, not being an especially gifted team offensively, decide to stall for time by the endzone while the rest of the team proceeds to batter the humans into the pitch. Toward the end of the game, their Ogre starts to come alive. He squishes one or two norsemen into the dirt, freeing a blitzer up to make a last-ditch effort to stop the norse from scoring. He only manages to get a push, and is covering the ball carrier. One of the runners attempts to push him off to no avail, but is relieved when a werewolf comes up to finish the job.

Norse score on turn 16. Humans try to extract some final blood on the kickoff, to no avail.

Diplomatic Immunity over The Dandies, 2-1.

Fear the Backstab!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 03:51:12 PM

Morsel 2 - 0 Scarlet and Gray.

My Thralls withstood the usual punishment (though one did get his neck broken), while the Vampires pulled of their usual horseshit plays. Hoax did shut me down twice with interceptions from Ripper the Star Troll & Troy the (surprisingly agile) Thrower, but it was not enough to stop the magical sparkly powers of capes and ridiculous accents.

Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 04:32:29 PM

some further commentary on my match w/ strazos:

I learned a lesson today. Pay friggin' attention to your bloodbowl game. It started on the opening kickoff, where I accidently clicked one of my blitzers right up at the line to give an out of bounds kick too. This ended up working out well, as I was able to switch fields and make a handoff for a score early. upon kicking off, I was hoping to delay long enough for the halftime whistle. I thought I had strazos bottled up, but he managed a turn 8 score.

Before the game, I was thinking that I should hopefully be able to attack the lack of armor on the norse, and look to win a war of attrition. By halftime, I realized that this wasn't really going to work, as you have to knock people over in order to do any damage, and I was having very little success there. Strazos had done an excellent job in the first half of keeping my ogre on his back, even though it required him to devote a fair amount of players to do so.

To start the second half, I pulled the ogre off the line, hoping to get it mobile and to cause some trouble. I saw a glimmer of an opening on my first turn of the second half to perhaps put some pressure on the ball, and tried a blitz with the ogre to blast open a way through. Bonehead. Attempted reroll.... Loner. Crap. To me, this felt like a turning point in the match. I got near the cage with a few players, but never really posed a threat as it marched down the field. The ball was parked at the goal line by around turn 12, and I was all bottled up on the wrong side of the field, and had managed to burn all my rerolls. Instead of trying some triple consecutive dodge into a onedice block just to put someone next to the ball, I decided to try and use my relative numbers advantage near the middle of the pitch to do some stomping, and hopefully force strazos across that way. It did not work. The ogre finally got loose and did some damage, nearly scoring his first kill, but for a lucky apoth roll. Strazos scored on turn 16, and that was all she wrote.

In retrospect, I really wish I had placed my guys smarter at the end of the first half. the chain push into an easy touchdown was something I didnt even see till it happened, and I thought I had the norse bottled up there, or that they would at least need to try some rediculously dodgy/passy/gfi thing to score, instead of a push and then on gfi roll. Lesson learned though, as I'll know be much more conscious of chain pushes in the future.

I did manage to get a few players leveled out of this match, including my Ogre, which took MVP honors for the dandies. He picked up guard this time. To bring things full circle, I was paying attention to my phone while leveling up my blitzer, and managed to misclick his skill. Instead of Guard, I took Grab. Whoops! Although I can see that being a useful skill, so its not all bad.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 04:34:08 PM

Grab is underrated, that misclick could have been much worse.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 05:37:38 PM

Offsidhes 1 - 2 Team Snoosnoo

Replay Here

Managed to keep the score level up to the first half, which should have meant a fairly solid victory in the second half since I was recieving, but I managed to screw it up by missing a dodge roll on my thrower and giving a turnover to the orcs.  Tried a number of unlikely passes to save it, but fumbled all of them, and went down 2-1.  Nobody was crippled this match, at least!

Edit: I had a wizard I forgot to use.  *bangs head on desk*
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:02:36 PM by Kail »
Strazos

Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 06:12:07 PM

As a plus, I managed to level up a beserker and 2 werewolves.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 06:13:38 PM

ICE vs Me 2 - 1.  

Things started off looking like they might go my way with an injury on one of his zombies on my first turn.  Sadly, this was just a cruel prank by Nuffle to get my hopes up, as things just fell apart from there.  I blame the werewolves, frankly.  MV 8 bastards with frenzy.  It was only through some amazing luck in being able to catch his 'wolves on the sideline, and knock one out that allowed me to score late in the second half.  It was looking like it'd be a tie, despite the ball ending up just behind the LoS on the kick.  Two assists, and a blitz gets me a push, and an attacker down. Re-roll?  Both attacker down.  Ohhhhh, I see.  He dodges out, and hands off to a werewolf who makes 3 laps of the field before strolling in to the endzone.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 06:18:45 PM

ICE vs Me 2 - 1.  

Things started off looking like they might go my way with an injury on one of his zombies on my first turn.  Sadly, this was just a cruel prank by Nuffle to get my hopes up, as things just fell apart from there.  I blame the werewolves, frankly.  MV 8 bastards with frenzy.  It was only through some amazing luck in being able to catch his 'wolves on the sideline, and knock one out that allowed me to score late in the second half.  It was looking like it'd be a tie, despite the ball ending up just behind the LoS on the kick.  Two assists, and a blitz gets me a push, and an attacker down. Re-roll?  Both attacker down.  Ohhhhh, I see.  He dodges out, and hands off to a werewolf who makes 3 laps of the field before strolling in to the endzone.

ICE winning makes me feel like this:

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 06:30:13 PM

I concur. That's three 2-1 wins to Ice so far. How long can this last?
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 06:33:10 PM

Negative Capability 2 - 1 over Merely a Fleshwound, with a mostly-ridiculous last-turn drive deciding the game.

This game pretty much followed the pattern for most of my League games so far, as despite an incredibly lopsided first half in my favour I somehow managed to nearly, nearly let the game slip through my fingers. Nuffle played his part as usual but my play, especially once things started going awry, was sloppy at best.

The Necromantic team's first touchdown was the result of solid, patient defense, with my rubber-faced Golems and oblivious Zombies fairly easily tying up his Mummies while my single Guard Wight was enough to make the cage-fight very difficult for him. My werewolves bided their time while his ball-carrying ghoul waited for an opening, and eventually a few good blocks got the ball free and a 4+ pickup allowed my star werewolf to dodge away for what felt like a fairly easy score around turn 4/5.

I kicked off again and this time his backfield of ghouls made things even easier for me -- an unnecessary attempt at a hand off after the pickup caused a Turnover before his front line had thrown a block. I took quick and (I thought) merciless advantage, smashing/running around the side and getting two werewolves, a wight, and a flesh golem on the ball and his three ghouls. The ghouls then continued to do their best to let me score another touchdown -- one of the ghouls attempted a series of risky dodges trying to recover the ball. A little more smashing on my part and I prepared to pick up the ball with my werewolf -- only to fail with a reroll. The next turn Cadaverine decided to do some smashing on the line before the risky backfield plays, but overall he was in no better position to stop me from scoring. I pushed a few ghouls around and again had only a 3+ pickup and a single GFI to run the ball in. I failed the pickup, rerolled, and failed again, ending the half.

Despite only being up 1-0 I was receiving in the second half and given that Cadaverine seemed to be playing increasingly recklessly, so I felt pretty confident. What I should have recognized was that the two failed pickups at the end of the half were simply the front end of a large wave of Nuffle heading in my direction. If I had realized that, I am confident some more conservative play on my part would have probably seen the game out with much less stress. As it was, all 3 Undead I had KOed in the first half rose as one (with some help from a Bloodweiser Babe) and the second half began.

I don't remember exactly what happened in the first few turns, except that things seemed to still be going fairly well -- which led me to an early rush up the left sideline in a scanty cage, hoping to abandon his heavy hitters and smash my way through his backfield ghouls. This turned out to be a terrible mistake, and in two turns I went from a team of 10-11 in a promising position to a team of 7-8 staring down the barrel of a gun. Terrible positioning on my part allowed my Block werewolf to be pushed out of bounds (thankfully only KOed, but that was bad enough in terms of winning the game) -- and one of the Mummies came through big time by KOing my Guard Wight, who was basically the lynchpin of my bashing game. A few more KOs here and there and my ball-carrying werewolf was stranded and soon had the ball smashed out of his hands. A ghoul picked it up and ran for the open field -- the very, very open field, as I had absolutely nobody in any sort of position. I scrambled desperately, and got a serious moment of luck when my ghoul dodged free to land a one-die blitz on the ball carrier, which came up Defender Down (I was just hoping for anything-but-skull) and knocked the ball free.

This turned out to be only a temporary reprieve, however, as Cadaverine proceeded to dodge a zombie free (!) for an assist as his second ghoul blitzed in, picked up the ball mid-blitz, and smashed my ghoul to the ground. I am pretty sure he didn't intend to walk over the ball during the blitz (and in fact he would have been better off not doing so, since the other ghoul could have gotten up and picked up the ball afterwards to score that turn if necessary) but he certainly did, and the result was two ghouls in scoring position and a zombie against my prone ghoul and a nearby (marked) wraith. The blitz-pickup was such a bizarre combination of bad luck and good luck -- he so easily could have hoofed the ball, ruining the blitz and turning over, but having the blitzer with the ball was not a great idea -- that the tides of Nuffle seemed like they might be starting to turn. My choices on the next turn were to dodge my ghoul free for a 1d blitz, or dodge my wraith free for an assist first -- I could have gone the other direction but I didn't want to risk my ghoul's position first. Anyways, I made the hard dodge -- the one to get the Wraith in position -- and then promptly failed the dodge with a built-in-reroll. The ghoul waltzed in to score on turn 14.

This is going on and on now but let's just say that Nuffle basically gave me back the game -- my incredibly sketchy attempt at a two-turn td left my ball carrier exposed to a 2d-blitz (+ two markers), but Cadaverine rerolled a push into double skulls without first marking up my werewolf (the only player in scoring position.) That made for a fairly simple dodge out, a handoff, and the werewolf ran it in for the last-second victory. This was despite the fact that I wasted rerolls on both of my two turns on mostly-unnecessary blocks.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:36:50 PM by Ice Cream Emperor »
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 06:38:27 PM

Offsidhes 1 - 2 Team Snoosnoo

Replay Here

Managed to keep the score level up to the first half, which should have meant a fairly solid victory in the second half since I was recieving, but I managed to screw it up by missing a dodge roll on my thrower and giving a turnover to the orcs.  Tried a number of unlikely passes to save it, but fumbled all of them, and went down 2-1.  Nobody was crippled this match, at least!

Edit: I had a wizard I forgot to use.  *bangs head on desk*

Was a solid, entertaining match. Honestly, I was outplayed *although* I think you should go for some of those one die blocks in the future. Dodges only get you so far before someone in the opposition has to eat dirt.

I managed to eke out a score late second half after plenty of shoving and clawing. I don't think there were any long term stat loss injuries.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 06:42:31 PM

AndyDavo Vs Xuri

Hi mate - can you play on sunday evening please? i'm uk based so for me thats 5pm to 11pm. I can also do monday and tuesday.
Sounds good. I'm GMT -5.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 07:17:54 PM

As a plus, I managed to level up a beserker and 2 werewolves.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Facepalm

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 07:29:53 PM

Burrowing Beetles 2 - Peace Dogs 0

Fuck me. These pathetic excuses for players do not deserve to be called Elves. Against the slowest, least dextrous team in the league, the Peace Dogs managed to look even slower, less agile and more inept. Everything an elf team should be able to do, from dodge to pass, was beyond my team. Multiple bad passes were thrown, pick-ups were failed and dodges were failed. In the end, my best work was done by a lineman, who managed to wound one of the skeletons without breaking a nail or mussing his hair.

Match is uploaded. Looks like one of my linemen leveled. I just hope it wasn't the one who was injured - that AG 3 High Elf kept finding himself in places where he had to fail his dodge roll.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 07:33:33 PM

Burrowing Beetles 2-0 over Peace Dogs.  A couple of elves got Badly Hurt, but the only actual injury was a broken arm to a random skeleton late in the game (there was a Dead skeleton for a moment, but he regenerated).

The elves had some dodge failures at bad times, though there was one awesome move where an elf hurled himself at the caged Thro-Ra running down the sidelines and knocked him out of bounds.  Unfortunately for the elves, the ball got tossed right back into the middle of the undead hordes.  Also, the Thro-Ra survived that little mishap.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I lost a good chunk of the first turn after second half kickoff due to a random finger spasm that picked Both Down instead of Push, but oh well.  Fortunately I had picked up the ball and it was protected, etc, so it was just random beatings I missed out on.  They probably would have not gotten killed.  Probably.  But so far, the Khemri casualty count is not very impressive.   But we'll take wins!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 07:39:01 PM by proudft »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 07:54:56 PM

I crashed during our match and since the game is made of duct tape and hope, it wouldn't let me back in. Falc - can you not accept our result and we replay? Assuming that works?

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 08:13:52 PM

Right as a Wardancer knocked out his Trollslayer.  Apparently I hit him too hard!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: February 03, 2011, 08:36:26 PM

Knocked him off the internet  tongue

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #31 on: February 03, 2011, 11:07:08 PM

That exact same thing happened between ICE and I yesterday in a matchmaking league game.  In his first turn he badly injured Abraham Lincoln, I think, and as soon as the apothecary window popped up I crashed.  It was the first crash I've had; it may have something to do with the most recent patch. 

My explanation was that it was just so inconceivable for my player to be injured that the game itself rejected the very notion and refused to cooperate any longer...ICE had a different opinion, but he's a dirty liar.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: February 03, 2011, 11:17:45 PM

Proudft crashed in our first MM game tonight too, on the opening kickoff. You'd think they'd have figured out a way for multiplayer games to recover by now.  Heartbreak

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 03, 2011, 11:36:39 PM

Teleku vs. Ingmar game has been reset, you can play again anytime.

Everything else, validated.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 04, 2011, 01:16:34 AM

I concur. That's three 2-1 wins to Ice so far. How long can this last?

All the way to the title, baby!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

In other news, my rookie werewolf now has strength 4. I would have gladly sacrificed him on the altar of Nuffle to get the same roll on my Blodging werewolf, but I suppose one cannot be too picky.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 01:21:57 AM by Ice Cream Emperor »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #4  
Jump to: