Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 07:50:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#3 - Game Day #4  (Read 36898 times)
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: February 13, 2011, 03:01:59 PM

It really is weird how the timer affects the experienced players more.

Well, one thing to consider: in a league game replay I watched recently, it wasn't until turn 9 that a team finished a turn having acted with all of their players. If you turnover less frequently, you need more time.

And yeah, if you've ever tried a 40s game you understand just how much time the interface takes up, which can be maddening. The clock pauses while it runs animations and such, but stuff like choosing where to push, whether to follow up, what dice to select on a block, and whether to use certain skills (why the game asks if I want to Stand Firm while throwing offensive blocks remains infuriatingly unclear) can eat up a lot of unexpected time. You pretty much want to have decided what to do with all your guys and start doing it by the minute mark.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: February 13, 2011, 04:20:12 PM

Oh god the interface. Do I want to westle on defender down/pushed/stumbles/attacker down? Why ask!?

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #142 on: February 13, 2011, 05:11:57 PM

EDIT: Wrong thread.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #4  
Jump to: