Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 11:32:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: * f13 MatchMaking Feeder League * 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: * f13 MatchMaking Feeder League *  (Read 212046 times)
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #420 on: November 06, 2011, 04:11:41 AM

Who is katsumori? Applied with a lizard team. Doesn't look like a f13er.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #421 on: November 06, 2011, 11:11:44 AM

Good job, Lamaros. DO NOT APPROVE of anybody who isn't known. Reject that application, please.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #422 on: November 08, 2011, 02:14:10 AM

Rejected Kregor as I don't know who that is.

Also kicked Aluria from the league as I had no idea who that is either. Probably shouldn't have done that before checking with you hey Falc?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Also who are Beshamon, stefanvrijens, isneq, and Fudge?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #423 on: November 08, 2011, 02:43:19 AM

I can only assume they are Brocktoon's friends. But yes, better to check cause the Feeder League can easily host friends who are not on f13 in an attempt to convert them. Let's not accept people who we don't know, but let's ask before kicking.

Also, remember. Always only accept teams that have ZERO played matchs, ever.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #424 on: November 08, 2011, 03:08:38 AM

My Orcs are accepting all challengers until approx. 1230 EST today.  Hit me up on Steam if interested.

Will update this post as matches happen/

0630: Engaged Lamaros' Goblins.
0730: Match complete.  0-0 tie.  Nuffle fucked both of our dice.  A Lineman KIAed from crowd surfing, and a Gobbo KIAed as well.
0740: Engaged Lamaros' fresh Skaven team.
0836: Match complete.  2-1 Lamaros.  Could have tied it up, but Nuffle fucked me again and I decided to just beat up some more rats.  I incurred 2 deaths and 3 Badly Hurts.
0842: Idle again.  FF12 emulated time!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 05:32:08 AM by luckton »

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #425 on: November 12, 2011, 05:05:41 PM

Had a match up against Masters Dwarves Wilson's Beard and did they live up to their masters name.

7 KOs, Dead line elf and 3 badly hurts.

Still good practice for learning Elf Bullshit and only lost a line elf.

It'll be a long time before I get to the Masters with Sidewindin' Stars though
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: November 14, 2011, 10:42:57 AM

Blackrock & Roll | 1 - 2 | Not Ready For Primetimers

So, yeah, Ruv played another excellent ball-handling and defense game, exploiting my newb cages and playing that Elfish Bullshit like nobody's business.  I repaid him in kind by turning his team into SPP pinatas, inflicting no less than 2 KOs and 7 Injuries, perma injuring two with a niggling and a -1AV, and two more missing their next match as well.  So, we both kinda 'won' in our own ways  why so serious?

Even with all the points, I gained only one level with a Blitzer, who's now level 3 and is now armed with Mighty Blow in addition to his Block and Tackle.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Match is uploaded if anyone needs/wants some afternoon entertainment of Elfs winning against Orcs, or vice-versa, depending on your perspective  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?.  Numbers for number munchers are below.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 10:59:40 AM by luckton »

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #427 on: November 14, 2011, 10:57:56 AM

Yeah, at some point I said that my players were like pinatas, only instead of candy, SPPs come out.  I felt pretty mangled in that game, which is appropriate considering the Ex-Presidents and Emperors are both built around bludgeoning things.  That hypnotic gaze star player is worth his weight in gold though.  For being the cheapest star player I can buy with a pro elf team he sure can be a game changer.  I think you would have tied if I hadn't used the hypnotic gaze to open up a blitzing opportunity at the start of the second half.

That team is next to being ruined though.  I have 170k in funds and I need to replace like four players, one of which is a 110k blitzer, who costs so much because apparently pro elf blitzers demand Amazon hookers and blow as part of their hiring package.  My original second blitzer died after being struck fatally by a rock in his first game though so I can't really blame them for living it up while they can.  I don't even have an apothecary yet.

Damned good game though.  Luckton is building a mean orc team that may not be winning every game, but is definitely exacting some pain upon opponents, and that's just as good as winning in most cases.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: November 14, 2011, 12:32:44 PM

It would be nice if we had a season of Elf Bowl with nothing but Elf teams in it, to complement the Nothing-But-Beastmen league

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #429 on: November 14, 2011, 12:53:57 PM

I've thought about starting such a league.  I'd allow only dark elves, high elves, pro elves and wood elves.  The only reason I haven't is I feared another side league might be too much to ask of the community and I wouldn't get enough sign-ups to justify the league.  If folks showed interest, I'd start it up, or if someone else did I'd join it.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #430 on: November 14, 2011, 01:18:44 PM

I've thought about starting such a league.  I'd allow only dark elves, high elves, pro elves and wood elves.  The only reason I haven't is I feared another side league might be too much to ask of the community and I wouldn't get enough sign-ups to justify the league.  If folks showed interest, I'd start it up, or if someone else did I'd join it.

I'd say alternate the two.  After season two of Horn and Hooves, do the Elf thing.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #431 on: November 14, 2011, 01:25:00 PM

Yeah, one gimmick league at a time seems like a good plan.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: November 14, 2011, 02:55:37 PM

I'm still waiting to play my next match in the Snotling league, personally.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: November 14, 2011, 07:24:53 PM

Just got home from work...still wound up a bit, so if anyone reads this in the next 30 minutes, hit me up on Steam for a match if interested.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #434 on: November 14, 2011, 08:55:58 PM

Played Lamaros' Goblins again.  His Looney finally figured out how to use his Chainsaw, and sent my fresh lvl three Blitzer off the field Badly Injured, along with giving one my B.O.B.s with Guard a perma -1AV.  The Fanatic Badly Injured my other B.O.B. with Guard off the field, leaving me without a whole lot of support power.  Still, was a good game and showed me yet again that I'm still newbing it up in areas that I should be smarter at by now.  I was extremely lucky with the dice in the first half, pulling off a stupidly risky play in having a downed Blitzer blitz up, knock off a goblin, run in to grab the ball while another gobbo was hovering over it from the other side, and dodging away from aforementioned gobbo to run in a touchdown.

Had I not been so worried about his Looney staying around for a second drive (which I crowd surfed right off the field after a bad blitz on the Looney's part), I probably could have done more to prevent him scoring before the end of the first half.  But gobbin shortness and dodging allow him to get away from my orc's grasps everytime.

In the second half, I started off strong and looked like I could have scored again, but I got too aggressive ball-carrying-wise and underestimated the gobbo's tenacity.  Even with the ball lying a single square away from the endzone, Lam manged to pick it up and run it all the way back to score again before the end of the game.

Even with the loss though, I managed to level up a Blitzer to level 2 (yay for more tackle to stop Dodging Bullshit!) and a B.O.B. got to level 3 (Guard + Block = "...and I'm like "Fuck yoooouuu!")  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: November 14, 2011, 09:05:42 PM

Yeah I think I made about 700 dodges and GFIs to score the winning effort, but it was delightful all the same. I think I'll probably ditch my fanatic though, he got a skill up and I'm not sure that 90k is value for the likes of him.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #436 on: November 16, 2011, 03:21:04 AM

Had an ugly biff match between lucktoon's orcs and my forgotten khemri.

Good fun with the winning touchdown scored by khemri in 4 turns (Beat that Proudft!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS )

Only 1 injury of note each side costing me my tackle blitz-ra a MNG and knocking a black Orc out for another match.

6 strength block is fun  awesome, for real
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #437 on: November 16, 2011, 12:11:53 PM

The Orcs just can't seem to catch a break.  I played Megrim's Necro team this morning, and once again found myself on the receiving end of far too many Defender Down rolls while not being able to put out any of my own.  Along with the Kick Off Events not drawing in my favor, Megrim stomped me out 2-0.  Yet with every loss they grow stronger still; my Thrower got to level 3.

Maybe the next game I can turn things around...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:19:10 PM by luckton »

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: November 16, 2011, 01:29:17 PM

Maybe I'll bench the team for a bit and roll up something new.  Or maybe go back to 'flings...at least then I can expect to lose and makes winning even more surprising and satisfying  why so serious?

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #439 on: November 16, 2011, 01:30:43 PM

My loser humans need someone they can beat!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #440 on: November 16, 2011, 01:35:06 PM

I'm sure they can beat my pro elves or broken high elf team.

God Save the Horn Players
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #441 on: November 16, 2011, 01:35:29 PM

My loser humans need someone they can beat!

I'll ping you tonight when I get home from work if you're up for the challenge  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: November 16, 2011, 04:32:24 PM

Chance of humiliation outweighed by chance of SPPs.  I'm down!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #443 on: November 16, 2011, 09:58:31 PM

Chance of humiliation outweighed by chance of SPPs.  I'm down!

So we played this match, and my confidence in my orcs has been restored.  Kicking off to the Humans in the first half, my orcs ganged up on their carrier before they could even get the ball past the LOS.  Proud shot back though, and the ball bounced around a mess of humans and orcs before finally landing the hands of a Blocking B.O.B.  why so serious?.  Even with his 4MA though, I managed to keep a path clear for the three turns needed for the BOB to cover the ground and run it in for a turn 8 TD.

Second half had me receiving.  I made a drive up my left side, keeping a barrier of orcs up as much as possible.  Proud's humans pulled some Elfish bullshit though, dodging enough players out of their marks and infiltrated the line.  I cleared a hole for my thrower to cross over up and to the middle, but a human blitzer got loose and punched my thrower in the throat, benching up for the rest of the game and missing his next (which reminds me to fire my Apothecary...his reroll was a Death  swamp poop).  Still, with most of his humans entrenched on the sides and early scouts sent downfield, I managed to get a Blitzer in to recover the ball and run it back in for a Turn 14 TD.  Burned a roll for the GFI, which was a serious gamble with the field under a blizzard the entire match, but he made it.

No serious perma or game-missing injuries to the humans...just one Badly Hurt and many KOs.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #444 on: November 17, 2011, 04:02:09 AM

I want to experiment with mutations and such.  New Chaos team "Dante's Inferno" submitted for approval of the Midnight Society f13 Feeder League demi-gods.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #445 on: November 17, 2011, 06:52:17 AM

I want to experiment with mutations and such.  New Chaos team "Dante's Inferno" submitted for approval of the Midnight Society f13 Feeder League demi-gods.

Halflings to Chaos? You are in for some surprises, sir.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #446 on: November 17, 2011, 07:59:52 AM

Halflings to Chaos? You are in for some surprises, sir.

Eh, I've played about a dozen+ games with my Orcs now, and they've advanced rather rapidly in TV and skills.  I'd like to keep them eligible for entry into the next season. Going from Orcs to Chaos, it's basically 4 BOBs, 6 Linemen and a Troll that can rage-out instead of standing around stupefied. I don't even plan on scoring TDs...just bashing faces  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #447 on: November 17, 2011, 09:22:00 AM

I don't even plan on scoring TDs...just bashing faces  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

That's a good attitude to start a Chaos team with, because scoring touchdowns is not something you'll be doing early. You'll be lucky to bash the faces. They are a SLOW team to develop.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #448 on: November 17, 2011, 06:29:20 PM

This was a hint.  WE REQUIRE MOAR BUTTON PUSHING NAO!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #449 on: November 17, 2011, 08:42:14 PM

Blitzers Jean Valjean and Inspector Javert went up to level 3 after the Fantasticks defeated proudft's Whalers 2-1 (as a result of a Javert to Valjean pass, no less). Valjean now has SIDESTEP in addition to blodge, and Javert rolled doubles and has GUARD (which made me laugh). I WANTED TO SHARE.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #450 on: November 17, 2011, 08:44:00 PM

0-1-5, bitches!

Somehow I still like the humans.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #451 on: November 17, 2011, 08:51:32 PM

The fact you can constantly yell at Ahab has got to help.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #452 on: November 17, 2011, 08:59:50 PM

Well, the themed teams are more fun, as you are well aware.  Pointy Hat Squad and Burrowing Beetles were unfortunately made before I figured that out.

I still dunno what to do when/if I get another catcher to replace poor dead Starbuck.  Starbuck II?  Or just recycle the name... but that seems sort of cheesy.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #453 on: November 17, 2011, 09:18:16 PM

I know I will recycle eventually on the Mutiny, if for no other reason than I cannot remember what names I've used already. I am PRETTY SURE the werewolf you killed was named Gristle McThornbody, something I didn't remember until after I had named the CURRENT werewolf named that. I would say for your dudes recycling will probably have to happen eventually too!

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #454 on: November 17, 2011, 11:27:45 PM

My rule on naming is that when recycling to drop bloat skills you are allowed to keep the name. Replacements because a guy died means it is clearly a different guy so you need a new name.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: * f13 MatchMaking Feeder League *  
Jump to: