Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:17:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: * f13 MatchMaking Feeder League * 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: * f13 MatchMaking Feeder League *  (Read 208308 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: February 01, 2011, 12:33:26 PM

Here it is!

Creating it in game as we speak.

Everyone can join AS LONG AS YOU ARE JOINING WITH A BRAND NEW TEAM. Have fun. Remember, you will only be able to join Season #4 with a 1250 team.

In order for a team to be able to join the Main League coming from the Feeder it has to:

- have not more than 1250 TV
- have ZERO cash available (you can waste excess money on Assistant coaches and Cheerleaders and then fire the extra ones)
- have 11 players
- having played only and exclusively in f13 endorsed Leagues.

It is possible to demote a team from the Main League to the Feeder League, but again always remember that if any of your teams play even a single match out of the f13 circuit that team is banned for life and death. Also, a team that played in the Main League, and then got demoted in the Feeder, can only join the Main League IF its TV is 1250 or less and all that jazz. Meaning, no matter who you are, the rules to go from Feeder to Main are the usuals.

Plus, we can change the rules at any given time. So don't commit too much towards that exploit you are thinking of right now.

The name of the League in game is: f13 MatchMaking Feeder League
The league password is:

The League can be found in BBManager too, but it goes without saying it is NOT necessary to upload anything there. This League is not really competitive, and there is no prize (in game or out game) for the winning team. You can still upload your replays on BBManager if you feel like it, but it's not mandatory. The password to upload is the same you use to join. So not the same of the Main League (so you would notice in case you were uploading a replay to the wrong League).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 12:49:25 PM by Falconeer »

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 01:46:43 PM

What about more than one team?

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 01:49:06 PM

Not possible, hardcoded by Cyanide. It's beyond us.

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 01:49:56 PM

Looks like another strongly worded letter to Cyanide, then.   why so serious?

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 01:51:36 PM

I'm in with my chaotic Drama Queers. Anyone up for a Leaguewarming first match?

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 01:53:02 PM

Trying to think of a good Goblin team name before I give up and choose Chaos or Nurgle instead.    Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 01:53:38 PM

I imagine we can pull teams in or out though?

Either way, it's a good excuse for me to start building my long-awaited Chaos team.  At least getting block on a few Beastmen will make a huge difference if I decide to play them later, and that can easily be done at 1250 or under.

I imagine we can also build our team as high as we want, TV-wise, in the matchmaking league, and just never transfer them also.  Hmmmm.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 02:00:16 PM

I imagine we can also build our team as high as we want, TV-wise, in the matchmaking league, and just never transfer them also.  Hmmmm.

That's true. Also, you can get higher than 1250 and then fjust fire enough player to get under that score, but BEWARE! No team will be allowed in the Main League without 11 players. So basically you can't keep playing in the Feeder until you get a couple of player to Lev 7, then fire the rest of the team and play matches with jusy a bunch of Mercs + your two homegrown Star Players.

In order for a team to be able to join the Main League coming from the Feeder it has to:

- have not more than 1250 TV
- have 11 players
- having played only and exclusively in f13 endorsed Leagues.

I guess it's possible to demote a team from the Main League to the Feeder League, but again always remember that if any of your teams play even a singl match out of the f13 circuit that team is banned for life and death.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 02:07:11 PM

Just applied with the Ex-Presidents of Doom.  Chaos Warrior George Washington is going to stomp your faces!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 02:10:25 PM

Alright. Put I am gonna challenge you now. Be in game!

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 02:11:38 PM

Was going to apply with the Goblin team, Pygmy Love Circus, then came to my senses.  Wood Elf team, The Scary Monkey Show represent!

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 02:12:19 PM

Accepted your application, Cad.

First game, Chaos vs. Chaos is happening right now  awesome, for real

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 02:12:53 PM

Haha, I think everybody is going to make a Chaos team.  Its the first thing that came to my mind as an alternate team to try, plus the feeder league allows you to bypass the nasty growing pains of a Chaos team.  Theres going to be a lot of Chaos come season 4.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 02:14:41 PM

That's true to an extent, although 1250 is still very low TV for a decent Chaos team.

Kalle
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 02:16:13 PM

I've put in an application for the Snooty Royals.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 02:34:43 PM

The Goblin team Kenosha Maroons has applied.  Will most likely be a few days before I can play, for those of you looking for easy goblin smashing.   Ohhhhh, I see.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 03:03:36 PM

Tv and not games limit is a dumb way of things, favors slow leveling teams much more.

But seeing how I'm going to put an Orc side in, I guess I'll let it slide.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 03:05:37 PM

My Dadaist-themed Chaos team is still hanging around in Naggaroth, but evidently there is going to be more than enough Chaos going around. I am kind of tempted to remake my R.A. Salvatore's Dark Elf team for the feeder league, but given that they hit 1500 TV after only four games I am kind of skeptical about being able to whittle such a team down to qualify for a transfer longer-term.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 03:07:15 PM

I have a Khemri team lying around that will join up, I don't see myself ditching my precious dwarves for the Real League so it doesn't really matter to me what limits, etc., we set.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 03:08:07 PM

Tv and not games limit is a dumb way of things, favors slow leveling teams much more.

But seeing how I'm going to put an Orc side in, I guess I'll let it slide.

Hear hear. (See previous comment about the rather eye-bulging TV-to-games-played ratio of my Dark Elf team in Nagg. 125 TV per game, which if replicated in the feeder league would mean two games before the cap.)
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 01, 2011, 03:14:37 PM

I dunno, I feel weird about letting in teams from here to the main league at all but it's not my call. I figured it was mainly there just so we could randomize and play each other.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 03:21:38 PM

I dunno, I feel weird about letting in teams from here to the main league at all but it's not my call. I figured it was mainly there just so we could randomize and play each other.

It probably cant hurt too much, given the general dominance of the established teams this season in the league, plus it can help people try a team out before they join the league with it. As long as the new teams are still a ways behind the oldest teams of the league I think I'm ok with it.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 03:28:26 PM

The Ex-Presidents of Doom are victorious!  Chester A. Arthur scores the first TD of the league, and I have my revenge against Falconeer.  Praise be to Nuffle!

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 03:40:56 PM

Also, a TV limit will probably mean people will not get rerolls and apoth and extra players until they join the league, just storing their money instead. Easy to cut down on 300 or more TV that way...
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 03:42:30 PM

I think unspent cash still counts as half for TV, but yeah.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 03:53:48 PM

I have a Necro team in the Auld World Cup that has only ever played one game (versus Hoax in a 'friendly'). Can that join the league?

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 03:58:24 PM

Personally, I don't have any plans to transfer the Ex-Presidents.  I already have an orc team that I can bring back in, and my current Skavens.  I just wanted a matchmaking league to play against other f13ers.  It'll likely be my new Auld World league.

Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 04:01:45 PM

Just created a vampire team and app'd. Chicago has already shut down for the Manitoba Mauler tomorrow, so I'll be looking for games for the next 24-36 hours.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 04:07:12 PM

Yeah, I'm snowed in too, Bann.  Dallas ISD has called snow days for today and tomrrow.  The next day looks like Blood Bowl heaven after I get back from the beer store for "provisions."

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 04:35:18 PM

Just to clarify. We called it feeder cause it is "possible" to transfer a team from this League to the Main One, but the conditions are restrictive and punishing for a reason. As some of you pointed out, 1250 is a very low score and it takes nothing to surpass it. I think people should see this League as a way to get friendly games more easily, which eventually MIGHT lead to a transfer to the Major League. I suggest you people don't try to stay under 1250, just play away. And eventually, later, at some point, try to do your minmaxing to see if you can do anything good enough to stay within the 1250. You can get as high as you want with TV in the Feeder League, you only have to cut down to 1250 if you want to transfer.

And no IainC, I'd say no to your transfer, sorry. Let's make things easier by avoiding exceptions of any kind.

And I accepted all applications so far.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #30 on: February 01, 2011, 05:22:46 PM

I'll just make a team who's only purpose is killing and maiming the other teams players then.   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: February 01, 2011, 05:23:13 PM

I'll just make a team who's only purpose is killing and maiming the other teams players then.   awesome, for real

I operate under this theory at all times.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #32 on: February 01, 2011, 05:54:40 PM

I decided to try out a Chaos team. Blood Buckets has put their application in.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 01, 2011, 05:57:50 PM

I'm half temped to put in a halfling team for the pathetic lulz.

Hic sunt dracones.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 01, 2011, 06:18:32 PM

My Dark Elf team, Other People, has applied to join the league, though why a bunch of barely-armoured elves would want to throw in with a league entirely made up of slavering, mutated beastmen is unclear.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: * f13 MatchMaking Feeder League *  
Jump to: