Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:52:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#3 - Game Day #3  (Read 57495 times)
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: January 30, 2011, 11:58:11 PM

I can't validate! Your match is NOT showing! I don't know why, first time ever! If you both agree I can put on an artificial 3-0 result, you both got money and som SPPs out of it but all injuries and extra SPPs are lost.

Dagnabit, that Wight was supposed to stay dead! Curse you, Nuffle, curse you.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #141 on: January 31, 2011, 12:14:41 AM

So now we're only missing AndyDavo vs Ginaz? it would be nice if those two posted more so that we know they aren't MIA.

I got a hold of Ginaz through PM here, but it's unclear if they are talking. Anyway, more than two days to go.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: January 31, 2011, 12:15:09 AM

Well it means we miss out on the inj SP and the MVP and SP get randomized, right? Kinda sucks because the SPP and $$ had worked out well for me, I had made it deliberately so each GR would skill up.

I don't know if we'll get a chance to replay it, and I gues Cad will like his units not being dead. I won't be at the top of the killer team list anymore though. :(

God damn the cyanide system is annoying. I'm guessing putting in a bug report would be pointless.

EDIT: In case I wasn't clear I'm ok with you putting it in as 3-0.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 02:51:00 AM by lamaros »
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: January 31, 2011, 02:53:06 AM

This sounds like a job for Zara the Slayer!

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #144 on: January 31, 2011, 03:05:19 AM

Zara the Slayer has to survive her date with 11 sharp and pointy Elves first....

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: January 31, 2011, 03:36:59 AM

Offsidhes 3 - 0 Huhnqua Huhnqua Burninluv

Replay Here

I have no words for this match, it was bizarre.  Lizards would get my elf alone, surrounded by burly dinosaurs on all sides, and I'd somehow make a pass to an unguarded elf who'd run up the field and score.  Don't know if I got an unnesescarily high number of successes overall, but it seemed like every critical roll went well for me.  Match highlights include me misclicking a tackle on my ball carrier causing a turnover, giving it to a skink, who failed a pass and dropped it.  Which was sort of the theme for the game.  I'd screw up (left five elves on the LOS on the first turn, for example), dice would save me.  Drogg would try something reasonable, and the dice would kick him in the gourd.  Edit: also, a turn 8 touchdown with my runner blowing through two tackle zones and a double GFI.

It wasn't all sunshine and flowers, though.  Of note, my catchers came back to the game after their recuperating, and one was immediately sent back to the hospital, now nursing both -1 STR and -1 MA penalties.  Additionally, my Blitzer, Lendalthalas Silverleaf, suffered a broken collarbone, loosing a point to strength, and will have to be cut from the team.  And another lineman went down with a gouged eye.

kail's being a little generous here -- most of my turnovers were caused by me taking needless risks.  not necessarily gigantic risks (two square passes with not an elf in sight) but needless risks all the same.  i had a touchdown literally served up to me on a platter when kail bungled the ball carrier tackle, but i decided i wanted the spp to go to a skink that hadn't already skilled up, and in doing so dropped the ball in only two tackle zones, whereby kail promptly scooped it up, launched it over the heads of three or four saurii and skinks, and ran it in.

he very much capitalized on my mistakes big time and earned his TDs, though i still can't believe he pulled some of them off. whoever plays him next gets the luxury of doing so against a battered and bruised bunch of elves, at least  Shaking fist
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #146 on: January 31, 2011, 06:16:40 AM

I won't be at the top of the killer team list anymore though. :(
DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: January 31, 2011, 11:08:46 AM

If anyone knows AndyDavo, can you let him know I've been trying to get a hold of him to set up our match.  Thanks.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: January 31, 2011, 11:26:40 AM

I wrote an email and a PM to the both of you. For all I know, he wrote you an ingame email (useless) and a public message here 4 days ago (which I assumed you didn't see). Did you write him something privately too?

At this rate we'll have to decide based on "evidences" who tried the most to contact the other and award the win based on "efforts made".   swamp poop

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: January 31, 2011, 11:52:27 AM

I wrote an email and a PM to the both of you. For all I know, he wrote you an ingame email (useless) and a public message here 4 days ago (which I assumed you didn't see). Did you write him something privately too?

At this rate we'll have to decide based on "evidences" who tried the most to contact the other and award the win based on "efforts made".   swamp poop

Lets hope it doesn't come to that.  Scheduling with someone who lives in a far off time zone can be difficult at times.  I probably would have lost anyway, so if we can't get it played in time, I'll conceed the match.  With a dead ghoul (you will be missed Gary Busey Heartbreak), a Wight with a -1 to MV and none of my players gaining a level or any new skills yet, there wasn't much hope for a win. ACK!
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: January 31, 2011, 12:29:23 PM

So, did mine, and Lamaros' match get entered already?  I'm ok with having it submitted as the 3 - 0, but I'm curious how that works out, exactly, cash wise, and in terms of SPP.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: January 31, 2011, 03:13:06 PM

Yes, Cadaverine. Your match has been validated. Let us know how it worked out, personally I have no idea.

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: January 31, 2011, 03:27:57 PM

None to well, it would appear. 

It recorded the loss for me, but I got no money from the match, and I don't think I got any SPP, either.  I know the Mummies, which got 2 each for injuries, are unchanged, and I am fairly sure that the two ghouls, and my zombie already had the SPP that they have now.

Ah well.  I have no plans on bringing this team back for Season for right now, so it's no loss.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #153 on: January 31, 2011, 03:47:21 PM

AFAIK, if the commissioner fixes a match then only the winner gets anything out of it. The loser gets no cash, SPPs or fan factor while the winner gets cash (not rerollable) and two MVPs. No extra SPPs regardless of the number of TDs registered. If it's a draw then I believe that neither team gets anything.

Edit: For the record, with regard to the Ginaz/AndyDavo situation particularly I would be hesitant to award results based on what may have happened if a game doesn't get played at all, I'd suggest simply handing out a draw at that point.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 03:53:01 PM by IainC »

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #154 on: January 31, 2011, 04:06:09 PM

Those two are both on steam quite often, I'm not sure scheduling the game would be that hard if they were actually communicating.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #155 on: January 31, 2011, 04:12:51 PM

At the same time and available for a game?

I mean, Steam probably shows me as being online almost constantly...that just means my PC is on.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: January 31, 2011, 04:15:31 PM

None to well, it would appear. 

It recorded the loss for me, but I got no money from the match, and I don't think I got any SPP, either.  I know the Mummies, which got 2 each for injuries, are unchanged, and I am fairly sure that the two ghouls, and my zombie already had the SPP that they have now.

Ah well.  I have no plans on bringing this team back for Season for right now, so it's no loss.

That sucks Cad :(

I seemed to get pretty lucky. I was meant to have 46 SPP after our game and $140000. Instead I have 43 and $190000. Two GRs didn't get the level they were meant to, but a linesman and blitzer did.

It seems to have given me the TDs as I have 7 in stats. It seems to have given me Cads money as well as mine.

I think the only SPP difference is missing from passing completions and from injuries. But I have an extra MVP. It's confusing I seem to have missed a point somewhere.

Expected:

3 TDs, 3 INJ, 1 PASS, 1 MVP = 21 SPP

Result:

3 TDS, 2 MVP = 19

Either way Cad got screwed by the whole thing. I feel bad :(
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: January 31, 2011, 04:25:13 PM

You could always buy a linerat and sell it if you're feeling bad about all your extra cash.  awesome, for real
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: January 31, 2011, 04:54:00 PM

Well, I figure Cad gets two units back from the dead so maybe I can feel less bad about it and keep it.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: January 31, 2011, 05:02:51 PM

Well I got no money from my last game either, though I got the MVP ok.

I'm not going to quibble about the 20k i was due, but it does mean there is a bug somewhere.

Hic sunt dracones.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #160 on: January 31, 2011, 05:05:53 PM

I think some people had some money issues happen last season too?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #161 on: January 31, 2011, 05:07:51 PM

Yeah, it involved a match that was fixed due to the match taking place against a dummy team, I think.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: January 31, 2011, 05:08:17 PM

Yeah I had a game against... Ruvaldt?  which played fine but at the end it seemed to think he disconnected and gave me a pile o' money. The MVPs came out right, though. And he got his money.  So it was just weird.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #163 on: January 31, 2011, 05:13:04 PM

Yeah, there was that one too.  It gave me a pile of money as well; like 70k, and showed up as a disconnect.  I'm still not sure if that was due to our match or the fact that our first attempt ended in a crash and it had to be reset though.  It was a strange situation.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: February 01, 2011, 09:52:08 AM

i didnt realise that THIS was the place to arrange matches, i have just added you on steam - but i aint seen you online in the game at all, strange considering how much i play lol. what is your timezone, i also need to know when the league rolls over. yes i  did write you an in game mail, i find it quite good, since you get the little icon whenyou open the game.

im on GMT +zero, if, and i  mean IF i you need to play at some wierd time for me, if i get enough notice i will try and accomodate you.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #165 on: February 01, 2011, 10:15:49 AM

i didnt realise that THIS was the place to arrange matches, i have just added you on steam - but i aint seen you online in the game at all, strange considering how much i play lol. what is your timezone, i also need to know when the league rolls over. yes i  did write you an in game mail, i find it quite good, since you get the little icon whenyou open the game.

im on GMT +zero, if, and i  mean IF i you need to play at some wierd time for me, if i get enough notice i will try and accomodate you.

As a rule, if you join a random forum just to gatecrash their Bloodbowl league then you should try and at least attempt to engage with the people on that forum rather than just sign up and never be heard of again.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: February 01, 2011, 11:11:32 AM

I sent a PM here and an email but in case you didn't get them for whatever reason I'm in the North American Mountain time zone (Calgary, Alberta, Canada).  I should be free tonight and tomorrow after 6pm my time (not sure what yours is).  I'm willing to stay up a little later or get up earlier to play the match.  Let me know asap so we can get this done.  Thanks.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: February 01, 2011, 12:04:52 PM

The game has to be played BEFORE the 3rd. So today or tomorrow.

Andy, I gave you all plenty of ways to keep in touch, Steam, forum, personal emails. I know you meant to make it work, as you posted here a few days ago and that has been appreciated (following that I wrote a scolding email to Ginaz), but I wonder if the email address you gave me is any good cause at least that was supposed to get through and summon you here earlier.

And yes, as IainC said, no one expects you to hang out and drink a pint of ale with us, but checking the forum every few days especially if you are having issues setting up your game would definitely help.

I hope it's all good now and that you two will bash each other's faces off in the next 48 hours.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: February 01, 2011, 12:10:49 PM

yes i  did write you an in game mail, i find it quite good, since you get the little icon whenyou open the game.

Even Blood Bowl's UI thinks the mail is horrible.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: February 01, 2011, 12:35:40 PM

Even Blood Bowl's UI thinks the mail is horrible.

The thoughts behind Blood Bowl's UI are unfathomable in all respects, and speculation will only lead to some horrible, Lovecraftian demise.

Earlier today I tried to copy & paste a url out of the chat window -- hello 2002 -- and instead it copied the entire chat window.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #170 on: February 01, 2011, 12:36:45 PM

The little icon that the game in no way makes evident. I refer you back to my seeing that icon on Game Day 3. For the first time.

Not to Pile On AndyDavo  Rimshot
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: February 01, 2011, 02:09:23 PM

i would saythat i had been watching the topic thats on about page 19 since alot of people were posting there, i understand now why it had dried up. i didnt try and gatecrash anythign miind, i just don't check my emails that often. steam also seemed like a good way of being notified when my oppo was about, but ii never saw him online. anyways enough of that jazz, lets see if we can arrange a game!

your my time minus 7 i think, USA mouintain time. as im GMT +0. that means that if we played at 4am MY time it would be 9pm your time. it is currently tuesday evening as i write this, i cannot get up at that time for my wednesday morning (your tuesday evening) but i  could do it in 24hrs time for you? I'll be a zombie at work on teh friday i think but i will do that.   I would ofc pref to play at midnight on the wed evening which for you would be 5pm wed evening, could you manage that at all??
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #172 on: February 01, 2011, 02:18:18 PM

swamp poop

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: February 01, 2011, 05:06:48 PM

i would saythat i had been watching the topic thats on about page 19 since alot of people were posting there, i understand now why it had dried up. i didnt try and gatecrash anythign miind, i just don't check my emails that often. steam also seemed like a good way of being notified when my oppo was about, but ii never saw him online. anyways enough of that jazz, lets see if we can arrange a game!

your my time minus 7 i think, USA mouintain time. as im GMT +0. that means that if we played at 4am MY time it would be 9pm your time. it is currently tuesday evening as i write this, i cannot get up at that time for my wednesday morning (your tuesday evening) but i  could do it in 24hrs time for you? I'll be a zombie at work on teh friday i think but i will do that.   I would ofc pref to play at midnight on the wed evening which for you would be 5pm wed evening, could you manage that at all??

5 pm my time might work, though, it depends on the traffic and if I'm off work at the usual time.  Being in the army sometimes means having to stay later, which might be the case tomorrow since we have to exchange over 200 new rifles that showed up today (a day and a half late Mob) with another unit.  If we can get that done in time then I should be G2G.  If not, then we'll have to try for the later time (9pm for me, 4 am for you ACK!).  I'll check on Steam to see if your online (I'll check tonight too).
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: February 01, 2011, 05:30:46 PM

(9pm for me, 4 am for you ACK!)

ACK!

Wouldn't it be better like 11pm for you, 6pm for him?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #3  
Jump to: