Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:13:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#3 - Game Day #3  (Read 57488 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: January 23, 2011, 05:08:17 PM

We are currently Playing.....
Game Day #3
** All games have to be played BEFORE February 3rd **

** All games have to be played BEFORE February 3rd **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 04:43:42 AM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 05:09:28 PM

Scores and Standings after Game Day #2

Scores:

Standings:

Battletech Division

Cthulhu Division

Stormbringer Division

Twilight 2000 Division

** All relevant info updated in the OP. You can always find up to date Scores and Standings there **

Player stats:

Team stats:

The Graveyard:

** All relevant info updated in the OP. You can always find up to date Scores and Standings there **

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 08:32:30 PM

Gruntle, I'm gmt+11, so let me know what's the best time for you to play.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 09:21:05 PM

9 Casualties. Let's hope for more!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 02:02:31 AM

It's pretty cool that I have the second best thrower in the league despite never having thrown a pass.

(turns out that throwing ball carrying elfs into the crowd counts for yards thrown)

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 02:26:42 AM

Beardstorm! vs. Alive Not Dead in about 20 minutes or so.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 04:04:46 AM

Well I lost 1-0, but I killed a werewolf so I'm going to call it a win. Was a long, grindy game with a lot of punching in the face but relatively few actual injuries, just a lot of KOs and stuns.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 04:27:57 AM

WHAT!!
WHO DID YOU KILL!!     DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

(I mean, he has apoth. Did the wolf actually die?)

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 04:32:30 AM

Fuck you Falc.

Fuck you in the ear.  Heartbreak

So with Ingmar being in the States meaning another 16 hour time difference meant someone was going to have to take one for the team else due to shoulder surgery and travel we wouldn't be able to play until 6th of Feb.

So it being Sunday night Ingmar decides to stay up until I can rush home to play this dreaded match.

It's 3am and it's on.

630,000 gp in inducements and I lose the toss; Ingmar receives and it's a high kick.

His +Agi runner makes the catch easy and it's a brawl in the middle.

My first action is to blitz the bitch Zara and Hobbes knocks her out cold. She doesn't come back until the 16th turn making it an easy 1 turn appearance paycheck.

Ingmar has knocked out Dominic the Interceptor from the line of scrimmage and Blitzes Hobbes with his Bort the Mighty Blow blitzer. The cunting stumpy rolles 11 for Armour break and 10 + 1 to Kill hobbes. He fails to regen and thus ends Hobbes the Tigger.

He then badly hurts Atarin but he is made of sterner and stickier stuff and regenerates.
Ingmar than makes an accidental long range dash with his 4 agi runner with the ball making an unnecessary but easy dodge and is seemingly out of reach of any of the fast cornerbacks with Hobbes dead, Calvin unconscious and Atarin waiting on the sidelines. A quick score looked likely for BeardStorm.

However the zombie horde takes down the runner with 1 die blitzes and swarms the pair of runners forcing them to pick up the ball again and again before Dominic the Dirty Interceptor puts a well placed kick to the eye of Haiz the Agile.

Meanwhile The Hound and GREGOR have been keeping dwarves busy in the center of the field and slowly the ball crawls up to the Dwarf TD line.

Benson fails to make 2 dodges out of 2 turns in a row with 0 rerolls and First half is 0-0 with both sides with massive casualties (mine permanent Heartbreak)

However as said earlier the bitch Zara remains lazily asleep and Alive Not Dead have a 2 Player advantage with a deep bench and Bloodweiser failing to wake the stumpy dwarves.

It's a slow grind to 1-0 with a foul every turn by Rob the Dirty but with no long term damage.

A great game to keep Alive not Dead at the top even without their beloved stuffed tiger  Heartbreak

(Seriously my best game played I think ever)

Great game, and Ingmar is the epitome of sportmanship; staying up late, killing Hobbes, taking fouls and always (but vainly) attempting to win.

I love Blood Bowl.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 06:59:56 AM by Llyse »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 04:46:26 AM

Suspense!!!

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 05:20:04 AM

Game summary updated, and I'll be eagerly watching results on the sidelines. (Go Hoax, Megrim and Reborne!)  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 05:29:17 AM

Wow. Our first not-level-1 player to die is arguably the best (level 4, and second most SPs overall) in the whole League. The Graveyard is all of a sudden stenched with hall of fame blood.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 05:39:35 AM by Falconeer »

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 05:49:07 AM

Sucks to be dead eh? *gloat*
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 05:56:18 AM

Sucks more to be on one point  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 06:41:50 AM

Reborne's Wrestlers vs Team Snoosnoo ends in a tie. Overweening hubris is the order of the day as Snoosnoo inexplicably tried to become a passing team only to have star passer Jerkface, drunk on squig wine, miss EVERY SINGLE THROW he attempted. It was a slow, grinding, crushing affair throughout. It ends 1-1 and the orc fans pelting Coach Brocktoon with offal on his way out the stadium.

Oh special note, Black Orc blocker Jessie received a Smashed Collar Bone for a -1 Strength. He of course then receives the game MVP (no doubt weighted heavily by call in votes from the Orcs trying to embarrass Brocktoon) and levels up, thereby putting his assured cutting from the team in doubt.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 06:55:23 AM

Yeah that was a game full of pushing and fumbles.

Realized that about 5 minutes after the game that I forgot to use my wizard and that if I had there is a good chance I would have lost.

Sid Vicious, the only Ogre I have with a level, was putting his Break Tackle to good use and was taken out because of it, spending the rest of the match face down in the injury pen, leaving The Undertake to shine and take the MVP. (No level yet.)

In the end it was the snotlings that made all the difference for me, Modern Angel couldn't catch a break (except for the fractured skull) and spent most of the match knocking them into slightly better positions.

Match uploaded to BBManager, for anyone that wants to see what a snotling looks like when they score, it may not happen again this league  awesome, for real

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 07:18:25 AM

The best part about that foul on your ogre is that if I had hit B to blitz, push and score instead of getting a phone call from my father, which distracted me and made me just do a standing block, I never foul that guy.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 10:50:18 AM

I accept all major forms of payment.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

If I had to point to one thing that caused my loss to Llyse, it was all the guys with guard going up against my unleveled dudes who don't have it yet. I could have done better on KO recovery rolls given I had a bloodweiser babe, too, but really the guard made it difficult for me to get the blocks I needed.

Inducement results:

Zara - KOed on Turn 1, but at least she KOed Calvin before she went. Unfortunately she didn't make her KO recovery roll at halftime (and Calvin made his). I still think this was a good buy considering her potential to stab every turn with a +1 vs Llyse's team, at no risk of causing a turnover, and she has jump up so ideally you won't have to burn your blitz on the stab often.
Halfling Master Chef - stole 0 rerolls first half, stole 3 rerolls second half. I really could have used those to be switched around. Not totally sure how I feel about this one.
Bloodweiser Babe - I had enough left over to grab one of these, who didn't help much at all afaik. Having multiples would have been better for sure.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 11:17:34 AM by Ingmar »

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 12:24:02 PM

Oh wow, fucking love league play!

So one of the mighty has fallen at last, leave it to the Dwarves to get that bit of business done.

Sucks more to be on one point  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Ha ha! /nelson

Fucking Ruvaldt calling the Ogre team earning a tie against the best Orc team on paper nice work! That game by the way makes the race for the Stormbringer title a whole hell of a lot more interesting and heaps more pressure on the contenders to pick up points on Snoosnoo this week especially one time playoff favorites Morsel who are still looking to earn their first points of the season.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 12:26:54 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 02:32:00 PM

Man, I'm not looking forward to playing Ingmars team on day 4.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 02:36:34 PM

If anything that tie taught me an extremely valuable lesson about orcs and throwing.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 03:20:42 PM

Stratos 2 Me 0

I would also like to announce the recruitment of his Lineman that decided that our dental benefits were far better than the Norse team and will be joining me as a rotter.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Nuffle only hated me for half the game this time, and I did pretty well in breaking armour rolls. Game took place totally in my half of the pitch.

Game uploaded.

Hic sunt dracones.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 03:29:02 PM

Just finished some bloody business with Sir T's Harbringers of Homeopathy.

He starts by going on a shopping spree with something like 630k in inducements. A wizard, some chefs, I don't know what else.

Game starts with the Norse receiving a kickoff. I knock some Nurgle around and bring the ball up the sidelines with one of my star runners. On their first turn, the rotters proceed to decimate my front line, sending one off with a KO, and another lineman off for the game with a minor injury. I bring the ball further up the sidelines, tossing a rotting hulk into the crowd on my way. The Nurgle then clog up the lanes, and a melee ensues. Even while down a few men, the mighty Norse manage to punch a hole in line and sprint to victory. Norse score late in the half, to go into halftime up 1-0.

At some point after kickoff, things get a bit dicey for the Norse who insist they hold Diplomatic Immunity for assaults on the pitch. At some point around the middle of the game, one of the star Norse berserkers injures his groin as he is launched into the crowd. All the apothecary is able to do is keep it from getting any worse, nearly pinching a nerve in the process. Just another block with broken armor, which has been a running theme thus far for the Nurgle. On the very next Nurgle play, a foul against the standout lineman and previous killer As the Mad, his armor is broken. This time, with the apothecary having departed after fulfilling his contract, the wound is tragically fatal, and a rising star bleeds out on the pitch.

However, this seems to inspire the up to now listless Norse, and the proceed to do what they do best - Smash Faces. They manage to put most of the Nurgle on their faces, and eventually forcibly take the ball back, breaking a Nurgle player's leg in the process. Near the end of the game, a rookie werewolf is able to pick up the ball and sneak it into the endzone among the ensuing melee - quietly and quickly enough so as to not alert the wizardly Nurgle fan hiding in the stands until the game is over.

Norse win 2-0, but pay dearly for it with their blood and their lives:

1 Badly Hurt lineman.
1 Berserker out next game with a groin pull.
1 level 2 lineman out with a career-ending injury.

Sir T, for not knowing what he's doing (so says him) certainly made me work for it. Also, he made tons of rolls in the first 3/4's of the game. Armor break percentage will be interesting to look at.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 04:05:17 PM

I'd like to say Strazos played very well, and I enjoyed the match. According to BBmanager my Beast of Nurgle is now at level 2, which is a nice surprise. My Pesitigitor is out for the next game, but Rotters are almost as good at handling the ball anyway. And my team now stands at 13, so I'll actually have someone on the sub bench next game. Woo.

The norse were a really hard team to fight. Every clown having block is not easy to go toe to toe with and eventually pretty much all my guys were seeing stars. Again though, it was a fun game.

{edit} Actually its one of my rotters that's out. Heh.

{moar edit} Actually i think it was one of the 2 free rotters I got for starting 2 men down. Which means he wasn't coming back anyway  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 06:16:24 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 04:42:57 PM

Also according to BBM, while Sir T blocked a lot less than I did, he certainly made it count when he did - a 50% armor breakage rate. ACK!

Also, I don't think one of my inflicted injuries counted, as it was inflicted on a tackle, not a block.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 05:04:30 PM

Dang people, use your wizards! Cages = the perfect size for a fireball.

(Okay okay, so I have Inducement Envy. Not that I'm complaining about being in the lowest-TV league... but I do love a good lightning bolt.)

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 05:10:47 PM

Dandies 1 - 0 Rat Country

I'm a bit disgusted with Nuffle right now, and, frankly, pissed off that I lost.  Bann played a good game, but I honestly just don't feel as if I deserved a loss on this one.  I'll let Bann describe the slaughter if he wants, or you can watch the replay yourself.  It was one of those games where you make the right moves, but not only do you fail, you also fall down and get injured in the process.  I honestly don't know how many times I rolled double 1s on everything from dodges to blocks, but I was clearly shooting for a record.  It was like a nightmare that I couldn't wake up from.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 05:16:49 PM

Dandies 1 - Rat Country 0

Match has been uploaded to BBM.

Bloody, bloody monday. I think the rats finished with 4 or 5 on the pitch, and both apothecaries saved death rolls. I can think of a few obvious mistakes I made off the top of my head, so Im sure I made probably 3x that amount. It seems luck > good. I knew early my plan was to try a slow stomp, and not open myself up for a 2-1 game. It only sort of worked, as I didnt score by the half, but I had reduced the amount of rats on the pitch. That trend continued in the 2nd half, and I was able to recover the ball and score on turn 14. I had tried out a stupid formation to open the 2nd half, and then moronically left it for my 2nd kickoff, after seeing it gashed. It came within a dodge roll or 2 of costing me the match, but the dice had been against the rats all day, and that continued at the end.

TLDR - Dandies win. Human Ogre's favorite food is tenderized rat meat.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 24, 2011, 06:40:41 PM

Dandies 1 - 0 Rat Country

I'm a bit disgusted with Nuffle right now, and, frankly, pissed off that I lost.  Bann played a good game, but I honestly just don't feel as if I deserved a loss on this one.  I'll let Bann describe the slaughter if he wants, or you can watch the replay yourself.  It was one of those games where you make the right moves, but not only do you fail, you also fall down and get injured in the process.  I honestly don't know how many times I rolled double 1s on everything from dodges to blocks, but I was clearly shooting for a record.  It was like a nightmare that I couldn't wake up from.

Bad luck ruvaldt. I know how you feel when you have one of those days.

Still in contention for the playoffs with 4 points on the board.

It could be worse, you could have dwarves in your division  this guy looks legit
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: January 24, 2011, 06:51:34 PM

Still in contention for the playoffs with 4 points on the board.

It could be worse, you could have dwarves in your division  this guy looks legit

Jerkface. I'm going to kill both Calvin and benson.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: January 24, 2011, 07:03:43 PM

It was a knock-down, drag-out fight to a 1-1 tie between the 7 Deadly lizard team and Ice Cream Emperor's Negative Capability necromantics (good job Falc on calling that one). Game was too all over the place to recount, really, just lots of beating and running around and then beating some more - my skinks forgot that they weren't sauruses for a good portion of the game. Play of the game for me was my skink ball carrier blitzing away from one werewolf's claws, and into another werewolf's face for what would have been a killing blow if it weren't for a regeneration roll. Touchdowns were on turns 8 and 16 and we needed every moment. We each made one or two play errors, and the game could have gone vastly differently if it weren't for any number of crucial rolls.

Replay is uploaded.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #31 on: January 24, 2011, 07:03:58 PM

Now that I've cooled down a little I can recognize some mistakes that I made that could have prevented me from at least tying, but I still think nuffle kicked me in the groin.  Succeeding on 8/16 dodge rolls as a Skaven team is murder, and I never dodge into tackle zones, and rarely dodge without the skill.

Oh well.  Now I have to hope I can limp through the next game and at least force a tie.  One of my star gutter runners is out along with a lineman that I liked.  I bought a third gutter runner named Doctor Gonzo, which brings me up to 11 players, but I won't have a bench.  I'm just thankful that I saved Sebastian Owl from a -1 STR injury.  Now that would've been painful.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 24, 2011, 07:08:33 PM

Negative Capability tie with 7 Deadly 1-1.

This was a fair result from a pretty even game, but I feel frustrated nonetheless as I lost an opportunity to score early in the first half, which could very well have turned the tables overall. My scouting report on ezrast's second game -- where I commented on his ball-carrying skinks' extremely aggressive behaviour -- nearly came back to haunt me, as a ball-carrying skink blitzed my werewolf early in the first half and would have put him out of the game if not for a timely Regeneration roll. My regeneration luck continued from last game and reached a peak when another my other werewolf was nearly killed by a blitzing Saurus, so I really can't complain about my injury luck overall, despite the fact that my opponents continue to roll nearly 50% casualties on the injury table. (The average being 25% for those wondering.)

As I said to ezrast in-game, it often feels to me like I am coaching a particularly slow Skaven team -- though I did eventually manage to get 5 Lizards in the injury box (4 skinks and 1 saurus, with the only permanent injury a niggling one to ezrast's Catch skink), most of them were the result of failed dodge rolls or sideline push-outs. In other words, emphatically NOT the result of my completely limp-wristed team actually blocking something, proper-like. Though the Dodgy ways of the Skinks definitely played into this, there seemed to be quite a bit of pushing going on, a fact thankfully confirmed by BBManager. (My favourite thing about BBManager is its ability to confirm/deny paranoid feelings concerning the dice, since everything gets exaggerated in-game.)

In any case I rolled another 6 on my winnings and look forward to adding a bit more speed to the lineup for next game -- though at the rate my AV8 players get injured, I don't expect my ghouls to survive very many games.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #33 on: January 24, 2011, 07:21:12 PM

Ouch, sorry Nix...

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: January 24, 2011, 07:26:21 PM

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #3  
Jump to: