Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:58:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood bowl resources/questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood bowl resources/questions  (Read 168073 times)
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: June 03, 2011, 04:31:37 AM

Does Hail Mary Pass (the Skill) cause a turnover ?
Not if someone on your team catches it. If you throw between two receivers with diving catch it can be a viable desperation play.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #141 on: June 03, 2011, 10:52:06 AM

What are the skills to set to "Ask"?

I'm just curious as to a full list to set up now before I get something and forget to change the setting before it screws me over :) Right now I only have Wrestle set to ask because I think it's the only relavent skill I have.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: June 03, 2011, 10:57:06 AM

Is BBmanager broken for anyone else? First 2 matches I submitted I could pull up the stats for but the last 3 have all been submitted (at least i assume so since Falc has accepted the results) but there doesn't seem to be any info loaded about the teams in the league or even my own matches. BBmanager patched when I loaded it today but it still doesn't seem to be working for me.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #143 on: June 03, 2011, 11:01:10 AM

I'm just curious as to a full list to set up now before I get something and forget to change the setting before it screws me over :) Right now I only have Wrestle set to ask because I think it's the only relavent skill I have.

Wrestle, Piling On, Juggernaut, Multiple Block... surely some others I'm not remembering.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #144 on: June 03, 2011, 11:33:54 AM

Yeah, I fucked myself with multiblock on my Treeman until I remembered to set it to ask.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: June 03, 2011, 11:38:07 AM

I saw no problem with that.

(It's actually what prompted the question)

(Secondary parenthetical aside, you didn't do a postmortem, boo)
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: June 03, 2011, 12:15:48 PM

Hail Mary Pass is a definite ask.  I think it defaults to on, and then you end up using it on short passes ><
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #147 on: June 03, 2011, 02:15:31 PM

Fend and Diving Tackle are two others I would set to ask. There are probably others.

Maybe Mighty Blow - Frankly, I'm not sure how the UI uses it in the calculations - I'm going to guess the worst and say that it's ALWAYS used on the armor roll, when sometimes you don't need it and could save it for use on the injury roll.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: June 03, 2011, 02:17:36 PM

I believe it is actually always used on the injury roll in Cyanide BB.

Strazos

Reply #149 on: June 03, 2011, 02:23:04 PM

That's...actually the worse-case scenario.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: June 03, 2011, 02:23:57 PM

I thought it was used intelligently - armor if needed, injury otherwise.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: June 03, 2011, 02:25:47 PM

You don't get to add it after you see the roll result, though, you have to decide at roll time AFAIK. In any case I've only ever seen the little "mighty blow" text pop up over a player's head when the injury roll happens, for what that's worth.

Strazos

Reply #152 on: June 03, 2011, 02:26:09 PM

I'll have to check before I play Sky, but I believe I recently set a whole swath of additional skills to 'Ask' before use. Hopefully the seconds lost to deciding on their use doesn't eat up too much time.

You don't get to add it after you see the roll result, though, you have to decide at roll time AFAIK. In any case I've only ever seen the little "mighty blow" text pop up over a player's head when the injury roll happens, for what that's worth.

That sucks, if true. Diving Tackle allows you to see the roll before activating the skill, so I would think MB should work likewise.

Fear the Backstab!
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: June 03, 2011, 02:45:18 PM

That sucks, if true. Diving Tackle allows you to see the roll before activating the skill, so I would think MB should work likewise.

Wait, what? How?!?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Strazos

Reply #154 on: June 03, 2011, 02:53:41 PM

'Tis true - it's why I didn't bother activating Diving Tackle against Haemish in our Snotling League - his initial dodge rolls were all too high to bother using the skill.

Fear the Backstab!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: June 03, 2011, 03:02:42 PM

I'll have to check before I play Sky, but I believe I recently set a whole swath of additional skills to 'Ask' before use. Hopefully the seconds lost to deciding on their use doesn't eat up too much time.

Oh, that is very interesting. Perhaps I will turn ask on for MB before my game against Llyse and see what happens.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #156 on: June 03, 2011, 03:31:47 PM

Haven't found anything on MB showing the roll, but my searches of the BB forum seem to indicate that it will be used intelligently (as in, if you don't need the MB to break armor, it will apply towards injury roll instead).

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: June 03, 2011, 03:35:33 PM

Thing is I thought I had been watching my rolls at one point to see what happened and I don't recall ever seeing a +1 applied to non-breaks. I guess it would only bother if it failed by one though...

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: June 03, 2011, 05:20:44 PM

Pretty sure it is used like dirty player. Added to the armor roll if needed to make it break, otherwise added to the injury roll.
Strazos

Reply #159 on: June 03, 2011, 05:23:56 PM

Would be nice if true.

EDIT: Just opened the log of my previous game, when I still had MB on auto-use, and can confirm that MB seems to be used intelligently: First armor roll failed, used Pile On to succeed with just dice, and MB was used on the injury roll for the KO. Had an earlier instance where MB put the armor roll over the top to succeed for a CAS.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 05:37:39 PM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: June 04, 2011, 02:11:14 PM

Fend and Diving Tackle are two others I would set to ask. There are probably others.

Maybe Mighty Blow - Frankly, I'm not sure how the UI uses it in the calculations - I'm going to guess the worst and say that it's ALWAYS used on the armor roll, when sometimes you don't need it and could save it for use on the injury roll.

Thats not true, this is something thats actually coded correctly. If it needed to use MB to take your from a AV failure TO a cas roll it will use MB (so if you rolled the same as the oppo's AV not higher), if not it will always carry over. What you are seeing are rolls when MB will make zero effect, it does not display the +1. For example, you punch and knock over a black orc, roll a 12 on the armour but then roll a 6 on the cas dice. It will only show a 6 since a 7 is still also a stun so no point adding +1. It would be nice if it always displayed it, but it doesnt.

This thread, on a side note, is something that i can help with, since I have played the game a lot i know its querks well. A useful ringer? surely not....
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: June 04, 2011, 04:43:08 PM

This thread, on a side note, is something that i can help with, since I have played the game a lot i know its querks well. A useful ringer? surely not....
Assuming somebody else doesn't get to it 20 hours before you. why so serious?
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: June 04, 2011, 06:00:43 PM

I didn't see anyone mention stand firm yet.  I set it to ask in case I need to ignore it for a chain push.  Especially if I can set it up so my stand firm guy is the one that ends up on the edge of the pitch after pushing someone out.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: June 06, 2011, 03:56:18 PM

Stand Firm is a definite 'Ask' -- though you cannot actually use that to counter the whole 'Stand Firm cancels chain pushes' effect, that happens no matter what. The main reasons to choose not to Stand Firm are a) Frenzy and b) to limit the possibility/effectiveness of a gang foul afterwards.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: July 11, 2011, 04:44:17 AM

So I found this in one of my other leagues regarding the fucked up winnings calculations.

"Some players are experiencing problems when they reroll their winnings and they log back on after validation and their winnigs are not correct. There is NO fix for this. It is a current bug that has not been fixed. The only way to solve the problem as I was told is NOT to log off until the game is validated. That will give you the proper winnings. So There are 4 ppl who can now validate, me, Voltron, Maniehl and Nimrokon. Check for them to validate after you play. They are not suppose to validate until the game is uploaded. The major problem is when there is a tie sometimes no arrangements are made. I would ask the veterans take charge and upload them. I have noticed that there have been duplicates but I can handle that on BBM with no problems."
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #165 on: July 11, 2011, 09:14:57 AM

Facepalm

Fucking wow. Cyanide really are shit, aren't they?

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: July 11, 2011, 09:32:09 AM

That means the system is gameable, then - stay logged in if you get a good roll, log off for a free reroll if you don't. Great.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: July 11, 2011, 09:32:56 AM

I really wish a competent dev team was running this show. I've lost count of how many times I've said that. Hell, the whole BBManager thing should be part of the game.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: July 11, 2011, 11:43:51 AM

That means the system is gameable, then - stay logged in if you get a good roll, log off for a free reroll if you don't. Great.

Nope, not really. If you log off then that's just the roll that stands. You can't get a reroll after the game is played without playing the entire game over again. You *could* game it, I guess, if the league commish was in cahoots but it strikes me as completely fucking INSANE to replay games over 30k or so in winnings.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: July 11, 2011, 11:48:15 AM

Nope, not really. If you log off then that's just the roll that stands. You can't get a reroll after the game is played without playing the entire game over again. You *could* game it, I guess, if the league commish was in cahoots but it strikes me as completely fucking INSANE to replay games over 30k or so in winnings.

No, if you stand pat and log off, your money value will still change when your match is validated.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: July 11, 2011, 11:54:01 AM

Nope, not really. If you log off then that's just the roll that stands. You can't get a reroll after the game is played without playing the entire game over again.
Doesn't the bug make it so that this isn't the case? My understanding is that it reassigns winnings randomly, unless (according to your quote) you stay logged in during the validation. So you can choose whether to have the bug affect you, in effect giving you a free extra reroll.

fake edit: yeah, what Ingmar said.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: July 11, 2011, 11:59:54 AM

I'm not following you for some reason.

1) I win
2) I use my reroll to get 50k winnings
3a) I log off before validation. I do not know what my winnings will be
3b) I stay on while the game is validated. I keep 50k.

I'm not sure how you can game it. Once you log off, it's set to that random number, no matter when it's validated. If it's validated, you get what you see. I fully grant that I may be dumb and/or feverish (DAUGHTER GAVE ME THE CRUD, THANKS FOR THAT HONEY) here.

Anyway, it does make an argument for having sub-commissioners who can do nothing but validate.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: July 11, 2011, 12:03:14 PM

I'm not following you for some reason.

1) I win
2) I use my reroll to get 50k winnings
3a) I log off before validation. I do not know what my winnings will be
3b) I stay on while the game is validated. I keep 50k.

I'm not sure how you can game it. Once you log off, it's set to that random number, no matter when it's validated. If it's validated, you get what you see. I fully grant that I may be dumb and/or feverish (DAUGHTER GAVE ME THE CRUD, THANKS FOR THAT HONEY) here.

Anyway, it does make an argument for having sub-commissioners who can do nothing but validate.

1) You lose
2) You get 20k winnings
3) You log off before the match can be validated and get a free reroll of your losing total

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: July 11, 2011, 12:05:30 PM

Well, the 'solution' of making people stick around until a sub-commissioner validates the match (regardless of how many there are) sounds like a complete pain in the ass.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: July 11, 2011, 12:39:33 PM

No, no. You're misunderstanding the bug. The bug is only if you win and reroll. The rerolled winnings are wrong. The losing winnings don't change. And if I'm the understanding of the bug is correct, if you win a game and opt not to reroll then the winnings are okay.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood bowl resources/questions  
Jump to: