Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 11:11:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 629487 times)
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #630 on: November 07, 2011, 01:08:54 PM

I have all weekend to work  swamp poop And releases are traditionally Tuesday.

Fuck tradition and the weird habit of some people to take sick days just to play a video game.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #631 on: November 07, 2011, 01:12:03 PM

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #632 on: November 07, 2011, 01:46:03 PM

I have all weekend to work  swamp poop And releases are traditionally Tuesday.

Fuck tradition and the weird habit of some people to take sick days just to play a video game.
I actually booked Friday off properly.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #633 on: November 07, 2011, 01:50:43 PM

National holiday ftw.

If I didn't have plans with the old lady already.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #634 on: November 07, 2011, 03:01:50 PM

Awesome find Tao!  Having said that, I think I'll wait and see what other f13'ers say about the game.  Oblivion and Fallout 3 got old real fast.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #635 on: November 07, 2011, 03:02:56 PM

My "wait for steam sale for all things developed or published by Bethesda" plan hasn't failed me yet.   I fully intend to play Skyrim, but not yet.
WayAbvPar

Reply #636 on: November 07, 2011, 03:30:45 PM

I am with you on that. Although I will probably get bored for 10 seconds at some point over the weekend and impulse buy it. I am a weak, weak man.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #637 on: November 07, 2011, 03:33:17 PM

I am with you on that. Although I will probably get bored for 10 seconds at some point over the weekend and impulse buy it. I am a weak, weak man.

Eh, you'll get no criticism from me, that happens to me from time to time as well.  I just happen to be set for games right now.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #638 on: November 07, 2011, 03:38:46 PM

My "wait for steam sale for all things developed or published by Bethesda" plan hasn't failed me yet.   I fully intend to play Skyrim, but not yet.

Just out of curiosity what would you consider to be an actual failure condition for this plan?  tongue

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #639 on: November 07, 2011, 03:39:49 PM

I'll be waiting on the feedback from here for the PC version.  I'm so addicted to LoL right now that I can wait with little to no problems.

-Rasix
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #640 on: November 07, 2011, 04:09:55 PM

Just out of curiosity what would you consider to be an actual failure condition for this plan?  tongue

Maybe buying something and thinking my life would've been way better had I purchased it when it was new?  I haven't put much thought into this I dunno.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #641 on: November 07, 2011, 05:02:50 PM

Then you failed with New Vegas!  awesome, for real

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #642 on: November 07, 2011, 06:41:11 PM

Heh, I did like New Vegas a lot, but I do recall people complaining it was buggy and borderline unplayable at launch...so... hard to say :)
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #643 on: November 07, 2011, 07:26:27 PM

I actually booked Friday off properly.

Damn British Columbians and their weird mountain air.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #644 on: November 07, 2011, 07:34:41 PM

Heh, I did like New Vegas a lot, but I do recall people complaining it was buggy and borderline unplayable at launch...so... hard to say :)

Didn't match my experience. I had one or two tiny bugs in my whole playthrough. It was more playable at release for me than FO3 was a year in.

schild
Administrator

Reply #645 on: November 08, 2011, 06:30:31 AM

I'll be waiting on the feedback from here for the PC version.  I'm so addicted to LoL right now that I can wait with little to no problems.

You're addicted to LoL? I did not think that would happen.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #646 on: November 08, 2011, 07:45:08 AM

You're addicted to LoL? I did not think that would happen.

Strange isn't it?  2-4 games a night, and I'm playing almost nothing else.  But yes, a competitive multiplayer game engrossing me this much is a bit odd.

-Rasix
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #647 on: November 08, 2011, 11:24:12 AM

Is this out today or Friday?  I believe it says 11 Nov. on Steam but if its out today in stores then I will pick it up on the way home from work.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #648 on: November 08, 2011, 11:34:03 AM

Even if it's out in stores isn't it going to require Steam to run the same as New Vegas?
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #649 on: November 08, 2011, 12:12:05 PM

Is this out today or Friday?  I believe it says 11 Nov. on Steam but if its out today in stores then I will pick it up on the way home from work.

Friday is the release date. If you can find a console version, you can play, but PC has to wait.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #650 on: November 08, 2011, 09:34:08 PM

Anyone hear of any pre-order deals?

Seems pretty steeply priced to not give a 10% deal for pre-orders. Or some DLC. Or something!

Also, anyone have a Steam pre-order? Wondering about pre-load window (or availability).

Pre-load seems to be up now on Steam, I restarted steam after midnight EST and it came up as a pop-up to install.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #651 on: November 09, 2011, 12:47:35 AM

Direct2Drive has it for $54, but not having to create another login is worth $6 to me, so I picked it up on Steam.  Hilariously, I was planning to pick this up later because Saints Row the Third comes out four days later, but I kept thinking about a whole weekend with nothing but a new TES game to sink into at launch and succumbed.

I think I may have a problem.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #652 on: November 09, 2011, 04:18:54 AM

Friday is the release date. If you can find a console version, you can play, but PC has to wait.

Pre-loaded PC version on Steam this morning. No waiting required. November 11th it will be playable.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #653 on: November 09, 2011, 05:58:45 AM

Pre-loaded PC version on Steam this morning. No waiting required. November 11th it will be playable.

Was referring to if you were able to get a PC copy early. You wouldn't be able to play until Friday anyway.
WayAbvPar

Reply #654 on: November 09, 2011, 09:46:17 AM

I made the mistake of reading the first couple of pages of the SA Skyrim thread, where I saw a link to http://intkeys.com/, which has it for $34.99. No way I could pass that up, so I am now a pre-order guy.  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #655 on: November 09, 2011, 10:52:15 AM

Odd, although their banner adds have Skyrim, the link takes you to CoD MW3 page.

NM, the actual game is up now on their listings.

Also, for CoD MW3

VPN NEEDED:

This is the Eastern European version of the game, activation has to be done with a VPN. You can ask us to make it for you, or do it yourself using the youtube guide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPMmBHZQQCc

after activation the game will be region free and will work worldwide from your steam account.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:09:15 AM by Engels »

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Lounge
Terracotta Army

Reply #656 on: November 09, 2011, 10:56:21 AM

I made the mistake of reading the first couple of pages of the SA Skyrim thread, where I saw a link to http://intkeys.com/, which has it for $34.99. No way I could pass that up, so I am now a pre-order guy.  awesome, for real

How legit is the site?  I've seen key sites like this before but they always have such shady looking sites I won't even try them.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #657 on: November 09, 2011, 11:38:15 AM

I was doing good until I watched the Animation Video they posted today, which led me to the Sound Video.

I've become impatient.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #658 on: November 09, 2011, 11:57:26 AM

Stop it. ACK!

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #659 on: November 09, 2011, 12:21:11 PM

I was doing good until I watched the Animation Video they posted today, which led me to the Sound Video.

I've become impatient.

*waits impatiently for the new LGA 2011 boards to come out so he can run this damn thing.....*

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
WayAbvPar

Reply #660 on: November 09, 2011, 12:42:45 PM

How legit is the site?  I've seen key sites like this before but they always have such shady looking sites I won't even try them.

The goon who posted it claims to have purchased BF3 through them with no problems. I purchased through Paypal and it went right through. I will find out tomorrow night how legit they are I guess Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #661 on: November 09, 2011, 01:09:30 PM

So we can buy keys from the Russian mob now, or something?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Lounge
Terracotta Army

Reply #662 on: November 09, 2011, 02:06:13 PM

I did some more digging on IntKeys.  Apparently they are selling russian keys and a significant number of them have to be activated via a vpn to russia.  Their Facebook page is full of people bitching:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Intkeys/196247380396655?sk=wall

Final verdict:  $25 off is not enough for me to gamble with possible credit fraud
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #663 on: November 09, 2011, 03:10:50 PM

I did some more digging on IntKeys.  Apparently they are selling russian keys and a significant number of them have to be activated via a vpn to russia.  Their Facebook page is full of people bitching:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Intkeys/196247380396655?sk=wall

Final verdict:  $25 off is not enough for me to gamble with possible credit fraud

One-time use Paypal credit card number? ;)

Some people will do anything for early access. In a bit over 24 hours, everyone will have access. The suspense is terrific. I hope it lasts...

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #664 on: November 09, 2011, 03:58:10 PM

Within a day of release, people will be shitting on the controls and ui.

That's my prediction.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 97 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  
Jump to: