Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:09:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Release Notes Volume 3 Book 2 Official 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Release Notes Volume 3 Book 2 Official  (Read 11256 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: September 07, 2010, 08:16:13 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 11:12:48 AM

In an effort to improve on inventory space, trophy drops from monsters (the “vendor trash” you sell for coin) have been *significantly* condensed. Example: Instead of dropping “intestines,”, Boars will now drop “skins” which can stack with the “skins” you get from other mobs, such as wolves. In addition, we've increased the Stack Size of all of these trophies from 10 to 50.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 11:15:25 AM

oh, I missed that, thats nice.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 11:26:43 AM

Oh hell yeah, no more inventory tetris!

Good changes overall, I like. (still sad about the removal of swift travel, though)

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 11:30:40 AM

Good changes overall, I like. (still sad about the removal of swift travel, though)

Swift Travel's gone in the same the Moors are.  It's a VIP-only thing.

Now, that makes a Premium account slightly terrible, but I think that's part of the point.

"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 12:38:01 PM

From the chat transcript:

<@Jalessa> We took Radiance outside, tied it up to some railroad tracks, and...well...I think you saw the
end of this in Red Dead Redemption. Look for this in the future ‐ we will be removing Radiance from LOTRO.

ACK!

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 12:55:47 PM

From the chat transcript:

<@Jalessa> We took Radiance outside, tied it up to some railroad tracks, and...well...I think you saw the
end of this in Red Dead Redemption. Look for this in the future ‐ we will be removing Radiance from LOTRO.

ACK!

Ohhhhh, I see.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 01:00:59 PM

I want to hear more about this. Way to drop a bomb and then leave.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 01:09:29 PM

Seems there is no more to say, its going away, nothing else has been confirmed. Like what, if anything will replace it.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 01:50:14 PM

I'm more interested in when, though I imagine that it ends up being the obvious Isengard expansion answer.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 01:51:23 PM

Best I have read is somewhere in the next few updates, but not this week.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=4954520#post4954520
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 01:53:05 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 09:05:23 PM

You have acquired [24,201 Skirmish Marks].

Yeah. Didn't know where to put this. That's what met me on login with my main, followed by 5-8 minutes of new deed awards popping up, many with associated Turbine Points.

- Henry Cobb
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 09:17:36 PM

You have acquired [24,201 Skirmish Marks].

Yeah. Didn't know where to put this. That's what met me on login with my main, followed by 5-8 minutes of new deed awards popping up, many with associated Turbine Points.

Its awesome.  Unless you get no TP :/

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 09:19:03 PM

Its awesome.  Unless you get no TP :/

According to the store, I have ~350.

- Henry Cobb
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 07:06:13 AM

I've been told the skirmish marks were returned because skirmish soldiers were re-leveled.

Mine was at 68. This is going to be a lot of clicking to reconstruct. >_<

- Henry Cobb
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 08:20:22 AM

I only managed to log in for a tiny bit before wife aggro.  I saw the bit about opening the store in the character screen before entering the game, did anyone not do this and is it tied to mislaid TP?  I opened the store interface and it was indeed slow as shit, never actually loading up My Account before I had to log (the stuck brightness bug is still there for me).  Of course, that's probably why Turbine gave us the head start, so the serious players could sort their inventories before newbies arrived.

I have actual work to do today that I can't shirk so Heartbreak

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 11:08:09 AM

Played a bit at lunch. Didn't notice a lot of difference, but I'm in Moria, still have all my bags and quests, didn't access my bank at all and only had about 45 minutes to play. The client does seem a little laggier at times, just weird graphical hitches instead of smoothness. Supposedly got a bunch of Turbine Points, but the store said I only had 10. Got Skirmish marks and legendary item points refunded, though didn't know what for.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 11:51:38 AM

They redid how the soldier levels are broken down, in addition to adding those first ten levels at the bottom, so they reset all your solider traits to 1 and refunded the marks.

Item XP's LIs are a similar story.  They redid a few legacies so everyone's IXP spent points were reset.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 02:42:19 PM by caladein »

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 02:30:25 PM

I spent some time moving shit around various inventories and eventually decided "fuck it" once I had my wardrobe filled.  Wondering when I'm going to get my TP deposit from being a VIP.  Looked at buying some TP but I'm not ready to spend $20 on ten wardrobe slots.

I got a horse for Fatwing.  I then forgot about the soldier reset and jumped into Trouble at Tuckborough.  There was trouble, alright.

The animations and whatnot are smoother for me, which I'm attributing to DX11 and the ATI 5870, somehow.  Combat animations in particular are smoother, and I'm very sure I am not imagining it.  Although I do like doing that.

Some jerkwad complained in OOC (forgot to drop out of it on my mule apparently) that this is the worst inventory system in any MMO ever.  I'm guessing he's new to the genre.  In any case I approve of the change, it's definitely a step up from the prior system.

And, holy crap at the deeds!  I got a semi just looking at them.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 02:41:59 PM

I had my 4500 points or whatever from the get-go. The first things I bought were the various Return to <Place> skills I didn't have.  awesome, for real

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 02:44:17 PM

I had my 4500 points or whatever from the get-go. The first things I bought were the various Return to <Place> skills I didn't have.  awesome, for real

Are you a hunter?  Or can we buy permanent transport skills for non hunters?

I am avoiding spending any TP until they figure shit out.   I have had different amounts everytime I log in!

Known Issue with Turbine Point Balances
Sep 08, 2010 04:00 EST We are currently investigating an issue with incorrect Turbine Point balances in some players' accounts (balances are lower or higher than they should be). We'll have this fixed as quickly as possible! Thanks for bearing with us!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 02:48:33 PM by Cheddar »

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 02:47:31 PM

Not a hunter. I'm talking about the things like Return to Thorin's Gate or Return to Rivendell - they're normally tied to the big factions, but you can buy them through the store if you don't already have them.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 02:47:37 PM

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 02:52:29 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 02:49:46 PM

Forums look back up - http://forums.lotro.com/

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: September 08, 2010, 02:50:03 PM

So far my rule of thumb is only spend points on things that are permanent. Return skills, the passive permanent stat boosts, maybe a mount, that kind of thing. The X for Y minutes or 'do this thing once' things strike me as a bad deal. Once I have all the permanent stuff, then my 500 free points per month can go to other stuff maybe - or maybe they'll go to getting an alt all that permanent stuff too.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 02:56:57 PM

Sad thing is, the store will not show you things you already have or cant use. So i can find how much the riding skill thingy is.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 03:15:19 PM

Man, my 150 TP looks pretty sad next to yours.  Stupid Turbine!  I was in the alpha!  I need reparations!  Rabble!  Rabble!

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 03:20:51 PM

TBH, I would not spend anything right now. Let them sort out the totals. I'm sure you have more than that.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 03:25:23 PM

Level and type now displayed on the quest window at the top. Kinda fancy.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 03:57:07 PM

TBH, I would not spend anything right now. Let them sort out the totals. I'm sure you have more than that.

I'll have more than 150 when it's all sorted, pretty sure.  That 150 is from completed deeds, and presumably quests but I only verified some deeds give TP.

Also, yea, more fancy.  The indicators under skirmish allies look better, my skill effects look better, my combat animations look better, and my horse looks less plastic.  Some of that is DX11, I'm sure.  Quest level/type is great, those old icons were ass.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 03:59:19 PM

Also, yea, more fancy.  The indicators under skirmish allies look better, my skill effects look better, my combat animations look better, and my horse looks less plastic.  Some of that is DX11, I'm sure.  Quest level/type is great, those old icons were ass.

Screen shot? sadly, I don't have a dx11 card :(

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 04:01:58 PM

I am 99% sure they improved combat even more.  Very noticable if you play a warden - response is like BAM.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 08:03:44 PM

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 11:21:24 PM

[Also, yea, more fancy.  The indicators under skirmish allies look better, my skill effects look better, my combat animations look better, and my horse looks less plastic.  Some of that is DX11, I'm sure.

Under DX10, the new chimney smoke looks really, really bad. 'Shopped over the rest of the game bad.

- Henry Cobb
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 03:46:40 AM

I'm someone else who hasn't gotten all their TP's.  Also, it sounds like a Premium player can buy the Return To skills and have insta-travel of a sort.  Going to look into that. 

Maybe it's teh shiny of a new patch, but in DX10 the game looked better somehow. 
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Release Notes Volume 3 Book 2 Official  
Jump to: