Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:05:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: StarCraft II 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: StarCraft II  (Read 291471 times)
Register
Terracotta Army

on: July 25, 2010, 07:33:25 PM

North American Server Access for Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™ Players FAQ

1. Who is eligible to play on the North American servers?
      All players, including those in the regions of Hong Kong and Macau, who purchase the English Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand Standard or Collector’s Edition of StarCraft® II: Wings of LibertyTM will have the option of playing on the North American Battle.net® servers in addition to the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand servers if they prefer.
   2. How much will this cost?
      The option of playing on North American Battle.net servers will come at no additional cost to all players who have purchased the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand version of StarCraft II.
   3. How will access to the North American servers be granted?
      Our intention is to ensure that within 60 days after the launch of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, all players with a copy of the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand version will automatically gain the ability to also access the North American servers -- this will be handled through Battle.net account management.
   4. How will I know when I can access the North American servers?
      We will have additional information on how and when to access the North American servers on our StarCraft II community site.
   5. What will happen with my Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand Battle.net account?
      Once you get access to the North American Battle.net servers, you will have access to both regions for online play. You can choose which one to play on at any given time, and can switch back and forth at will.
   6. How will my friends list and rankings be handled?
      All account-specific data, including friends lists, rankings, achievements, statistics, titles, and unlockable rewards, will be tracked separately for each region's Battle.net servers, and will not carry over between them.
   7. If I have already purchased the North American version, can I also play on the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand servers? No. To have the option to play on both servers, you must purchase the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand version of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. This solution is specifically targeted to address gamers in Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand who have social relationships with North American players from previous Blizzard Entertainment titles.
   8. Will I be able to play on any of the other StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty regional servers?
      No. Players who purchase the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand version of StarCraft II will have access to the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand and the North American Battle.net servers. No other multi-region play will be available at this time.

It seems like SEA copies might be the first to try out multi-region SC2...
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 07:52:06 AM

If Kerrigan turns out to be another Arthas, I may start throwing things.

Lolmetzen. Just saying.

It won't be starcraft if people don't keep trusting Kerrigan to be secretly good and her randomly killing people. It's the abusive relationship that keeps the game world alive!
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 08:07:08 AM

http://us.battle.net/en/info/digital-purchase

Pre-download for digial purchase. Wonder if it will work fine with my store copy.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 08:13:20 AM

http://us.battle.net/en/info/digital-purchase

Pre-download for digial purchase. Wonder if it will work fine with my store copy.

No. They’ll go on sale slightly later, on 07/27/2010 10:00 AM PDT in North America and Latin America.

WHY you obnoxious company :( I was suddenly happy at the idea of not having to bother with physical copies, after cursing them earlier today about not embracing the love that is Steam.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 08:21:21 AM

I would just get the digital copy, but I have an unopened game (that I don't think I'll play) I can return at Gamestop. 

WhiteRa has completely lost his shit after getting beaten by Dimaga. 

Ooo, is their a good story behind this?

Not one that I know of.  His clinching loss to Dimaga was awful.  He basically just didn't make units and kept failing at blocking his back door after walling off in the front.  Kept getting nailed by zergling run-bys. 

His losses to ITR were just sad.  One was failed cheese and the other ITR landed a factory in his main.    Guy just looked like the worst player in the tournament at the end after a 2-0 opening vs the eventual group winner, qxc.

-Rasix
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 08:33:57 AM

No. They’ll go on sale slightly later, on 07/27/2010 10:00 AM PDT in North America and Latin America.

WHY you obnoxious company :( I was suddenly happy at the idea of not having to bother with physical copies, after cursing them earlier today about not embracing the love that is Steam.

Ah, I'm just looking to use my battle.net account that will have a key on it (boxed copy) but have SC2 pre-installed from this digital download copy. I don't want to fiddle with DVD install. Steam has had weird release timings too in the past compared to brick and mortar.

Edit: No the installer from that file is locked till release date  swamp poop
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 09:38:19 AM by fuser »
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 10:18:17 AM

I donut get why digital releases are so HARD. It has to be political, because there's nothing stopping this from being easy on a technical side. "Hey, we're doing midnight releases!" "Huh... okay, well, lock the digital copy until 3pm EST!"  swamp poop
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 11:10:22 AM

Oh noes you can't take the day off work to play Starcraft!

Also that's 1pm Eastern. Yay math.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 11:49:15 AM

Oh noes you can't take the day off work to play Starcraft!

Also that's 1pm Eastern. Yay math.

Screw you, you're in Hawaii, I have declared it.

And take the day off my ass, work from home! :D
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 01:39:54 PM

I donut get why digital releases are so HARD. It has to be political, because there's nothing stopping this from being easy on a technical side. "Hey, we're doing midnight releases!" "Huh... okay, well, lock the digital copy until 3pm EST!"  swamp poop

Political?  If political == money then, yes.  I guarantee you the people in charge think (probably know) they make more money if they make the digital unlock happen at a certain amount of time after retail availability.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 01:43:52 PM

Political?  If political == money then, yes.  I guarantee you the people in charge think (probably know) they make more money if they make the digital unlock happen at a certain amount of time after retail availability.

Time is money, friend!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 01:44:50 PM

Certainly it will make the retailers doing a midnight launch happier.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 01:58:11 PM

Certainly it will make the retailers doing a midnight launch happier.

That would be the politics I'm thinking of. Money wise, Activision likely makes a lot more profit off digital distros than brick and mortar. But they want to keep the brick and mortar shops happy and do the silly unlock times and preorder bonuses (not on this title, but others)

It likely helps them later when it's time to go for more "plz to be giving us good pricing on full page ads for our next release all over your site!" deals.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 02:44:54 PM

Exploring the Starcraft 2 Collectors Edition…

So is it worth it?

You're going to have to filter the following statement through the fact that I'm a huge StarCraft fan, but going through the videos, reading the comic book, paging through the art book, and now listening to the music CD has been a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. I lost the discs and key to my original copy of StarCraft a very long time ago, so I'm looking forward to revisiting that game through the included copy.

Nothing in this collection is cheap, but it certainly doesn't feel like a money grab. This is interesting stuff that gives you a better understanding of the game, the world Blizzard has created, and what went on behind the scenes. Assuming you were interested in the game at $60—although I've already seen it on sale for as low as $45—you definitely get an extra $40 worth of value out of this package.

Verdict: Worth the upgrade

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 04:03:06 PM

god it's 2am and it's installing so horribly slow  Heartbreak

At least there are pictures! Narrated pictures!

Oh and yeah, collector's is awesome. Even the USB doesn't feel cheap. Also, I think the pictures are over and I'm at 28% :(

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 08:20:51 PM

I'm seriously debating whether or not to ebay my collector's edition.  I see them going for about $50 more than what I paid for it.  Of course, I could keep it and just sell the code for the mini Thor WoW in game pet.  Those are selling for $50 and more too. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

http://compare.ebay.com/like/260640775123?var=vl&sort=BestMatch
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 08:55:52 PM

I'm seriously debating whether or not to ebay my collector's edition.  I see them going for about $50 more than what I paid for it.  Of course, I could keep it and just sell the code for the mini Thor WoW in game pet.  Those are selling for $50 and more too. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Thor pet is tied to CD Key as per all Blizzard WoW CE's.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 09:00:42 PM

I find it fascinating that SEA customers will be granted access to the NA servers, but NA customers will not be granted access to the SEA servers.  That's a strange sort of international support...
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 09:29:40 PM

fuser 166 if you want to look me up online (generally co-op).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:24:34 PM by fuser »
ffc
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: July 26, 2010, 10:48:04 PM

Asking $400.

KMart has a $20 gift card / credit deal with SC2.  I've price matched deals like this to Best Buy and Amazon before.  While the multiplayer beta videos scared me away from the online component, for $40 I am considering it just for the single player campaign.  Any impressions would be appreciated (never played SC1, faintly remember WC2, and I clearly remember my brain exploding when I played WC3 after World of Warcraft and realizing "World of Warcraft" was no joke of a title.). 

Dawn of War 2 / Demigod may have changed what I look for in an RTS now though.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 11:28:26 PM

Oh man. At the D9 release party they played a compilation of TLO's placement matches where he was just fucking with people. Dropping two fortresses into the other guy's base. Raven rush where he spells out TLO in the guy's base with autoturrets. Mothership rush with a bonus probe recall.  Just hilarious stuff.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 12:03:56 AM

Oh man. At the D9 release party they played a compilation of TLO's placement matches where he was just fucking with people. Dropping two fortresses into the other guy's base. Raven rush where he spells out TLO in the guy's base with autoturrets. Mothership rush with a bonus probe recall.  Just hilarious stuff.

Best part is the lament "Fucking gay lag" after the guy loses to mass ravens.  Hilarious.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 12:19:30 AM

Holy shit, day9 needs to turn down his sound.  You can't hear him cast over the game at all.

-Rasix
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 12:34:05 AM

I find it fascinating that SEA customers will be granted access to the NA servers, but NA customers will not be granted access to the SEA servers.  That's a strange sort of international support...

It works for two reasons. The first being that Blizzard doesn't care about Aus/NZ as part of their "world tournament" separation of the planet. The second being that Australians logging into Asian servers doesn't make even the slightest bit of sense.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Register
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: July 27, 2010, 04:44:23 AM

I find it fascinating that SEA customers will be granted access to the NA servers, but NA customers will not be granted access to the SEA servers.  That's a strange sort of international support...

Historically speaking SEA players have always been on US servers, now they are getting their servers for the first time.

Also, we are paying $80 USD for our standard editions.... Heartbreak
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 05:29:03 AM

battle.net saves my progress and I can continue the campaign here from work. Must resist. Must... aw fuck it.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 06:31:57 AM

Impressions on the campaign? (I expect you to be finished by the end of the day...)

Is everybody still trusting Kerrigan?  awesome, for real
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 06:44:25 AM

nah, I really have some work to do and couldn't play any last night fell asleep. Long gone are the glory days  Ohhhhh, I see.

I'm a couple of missions in - one mission after you get the battleship. There seems to be some sort of non-linearity, as far as you can choose which mission to do next and it tells you how much money for upgrades you get and which unit you unlock. Upgrades are cool, medics are overpowered, firebats are terribad. More or less it's standard affair though - here's your command center, a couple of SCVs and a barracks - go. At least upgrades and mercs give some persistence between missions. There's an insane amount of content between missions - little tidbits you can click on that give you lore, a new newscast after each mission, etc

Oh, there's an arcade machine in the cantina of the battleship - a shmup called "Lost Viking"  awesome, for real

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #28 on: July 27, 2010, 06:55:45 AM

Might I be a leaching beggar and ask someone for a guest key to use while I wait for my amazon parcel?  Heart

Blizzard Digital Download € 60.0
DVD from Amazon € 38.99

Same with steam. Why do I have to pay 50-ish Euros for a download when I can buy the same game in US$ for 2/3 the price...

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 27, 2010, 07:07:06 AM

Might I be a leaching beggar and ask someone for a guest key to use while I wait for my amazon parcel?  Heart

DVD from Amazon € 38.99

Same with steam. Why do I have to pay 50-ish Euros for a download when I can buy the same game in US$ for 2/3 the price...

I'll hook you up when I get home.

As for the campaign: fun. There's still a lot of "look.. Kerrigan's complicated!" instead of the logical "seriously, someone kill her, okay?" so far.

Mercs are.. odd. Mostly because of the 5 minute cooldown on them that prevents you from using them right off. It makes me totally forget about the weaker mercs because by the time they're available to pop out, I already have a functional army.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 07:26:42 AM

Edit: bleh
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 07:29:44 AM by Segoris »
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: July 27, 2010, 07:50:29 AM

Oh, thats right, this drops today, and I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to my friend. *sniff* Guess ill see him in a month when he pokes his head back out.  ACK!

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 27, 2010, 07:55:35 AM

nah, I really have some work to do and couldn't play any last night fell asleep. Long gone are the glory days  Ohhhhh, I see.

I'm a couple of missions in - one mission after you get the battleship.

I stopped around the same place last night after looking at the armory upgrades. I really enjoyed the missions as its pretty much a hand holding refreshing of how to play the game. Its a good progression and fits in pretty well with the story. Not to mention all the side quests objectives and collections that can be done. The only thing that ticked me off was the zerg mission where you have to hold out. I had the zerg wiped off of the map then out of no where spawned, yeah I panicked and loaded up the base and floated away.  why so serious?

There's a lot of fun stuff like "Moonwell" vodka or whiskey as a part of the top shelf liquor and the TV station content like GTA "Is your kid on stimpacks?"
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #33 on: July 27, 2010, 08:20:45 AM

DVD from Amazon € 38.99

Let me know if Kildorn doesn't hook you up.

As for 400 bucks for a collectors edition? Fuck that noise. The Best Buy across the street from me has a fuckton.

Oh, and fuck you Blizzard for making me make a goddamn battlenet account for a game I'm never gonna play online.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #34 on: July 27, 2010, 08:46:19 AM

If you buy a retail copy of this, you can still register the CD online and also digitally download it (like you can with their other games), right?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: StarCraft II  
Jump to: