Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:23:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Mythic billing vendor snafu 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mythic billing vendor snafu  (Read 74428 times)
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: April 14, 2010, 01:55:30 PM

Could someone like that sue for something like this?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #71 on: April 14, 2010, 01:59:55 PM

They could sue, I suspect the question you're really asking is if they could win. I'd guess the answer to that is yes, but IANAL. For something in the relatively small dollar range we're talking about I'd expect it to end in a settlement rather than actually getting to court, if there was any real merit to it.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pringles
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: April 14, 2010, 08:14:07 PM

One of my friends got hit 38 times for $32, and still  hasn't gotten a cent refunded, bank tells him to get bent.  Account is -$700.

(Bank is Chase if anyone cares)

Did he not have any luck with the bank's fraud department?

He made the mistake of telling them the truth, that Mythic messed up, instead of saying it was fraud, and as he puts it, they're busy like squirrels typing everything you say into their records.

Hence, they say he is SOL since its a merchant error and Mythic must handle it.

I'm sure he'll get his money some day, from either Mythic or Chase, but when, that's the question.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: April 14, 2010, 08:37:32 PM

This is like I don't like using debit and use my credit card for all my purchases.  I always have the money to cover what I put on my credit card (or I don't buy it) but it creates a buffer so that stupid shit like this doesn't touch my real, liquid funds.

I've had stuff like this happen with other companies as well (though it's rare).  It's so much easier to take care of and quarantine when it's done on credit and not debit.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: April 14, 2010, 09:32:32 PM

I live in the stone age, I didn't even know you could use your debit card like this.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: April 15, 2010, 07:08:02 AM

I live in the stone age, I didn't even know you could use your debit card like this.

Yeah anything with a visa logo on it, I think I'm about to move over to a pre-paid visa for all future subscription stuff. Because this is just scary, Mythic/EA has been doing this to dam long to have fucked up like this. Really no excuse.

That's just fucking scary. I am sure it was an accident, however we all know some people are going to be slipping through the cracks and have some real finical issues over this.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: April 15, 2010, 10:58:03 AM

It's not truly a debit card, it's a Visa check card.  Actual debit cards still are only good at the ATM as far as I know.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: April 15, 2010, 12:55:31 PM

It's not truly a debit card, it's a Visa check card.  Actual debit cards still are only good at the ATM as far as I know.

My mistake, but, who uses pure debit card anymore then?  I don't even think my bank offers them.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
BitWarrior
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: April 15, 2010, 04:12:26 PM

My mistake, but, who uses pure debit card anymore then?  I don't even think my bank offers them.

I didn't come across any banks in Canada with the entire visa/debit thing, but its default down here in the US

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.
Valmorian
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: April 16, 2010, 08:46:09 AM

I didn't come across any banks in Canada with the entire visa/debit thing, but its default down here in the US

Conversely, I found the whole check card thing confusing when I was in the States.. not to mention that I had to find the right KIND of ATM in order to take money out??  Messed up..

Virtually every store here accepts direct payment from bank cards, while when I was in Chicago and San Fransisco, I had to use credit card to buy things if I didn't have the cash on me.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: April 16, 2010, 11:38:01 AM

Conversely, I found the whole check card thing confusing when I was in the States.. not to mention that I had to find the right KIND of ATM in order to take money out??  Messed up..

Virtually every store here accepts direct payment from bank cards, while when I was in Chicago and San Fransisco, I had to use credit card to buy things if I didn't have the cash on me.

Do what? I think you need to edit that to say "I had to find the right KIND of ATM in order to take money out with out being charged a fee by my bank as well as the ATM machine".

Check cards are excepted everywhere, on any ATM, however a non bank ATM, specifically the the bank you got the card from, will charge you a fee for not using the atm the bank supplies. Pure debit cards are a different, and more restrictive story.

So, random ATM is an ATM fee, and also Bank fee. The catch is, where do you ever need cash that doesn't take the check card? It is most likely rare, unless you are just the kind of person that likes the bills in your pocket I guess.

ANYWAY, i think i need a pre-paid visa for all my subscription needs now.

Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: April 17, 2010, 12:45:35 AM

Which is what he's saying.  Every Canadian debit card I've ever seen acts in the same way you describe a chequing card.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #82 on: April 18, 2010, 12:06:42 AM

I am truly happy now to stick with pre-paid cards thanks. "It's so inconvenient'' my arse, at least they can't conveniently bill you and chalk it up to 'billing errors' while they took away two months worth of rental fees.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #83 on: April 18, 2010, 01:45:10 AM

A number of banks offer single-use credit card numbers via their online account management, also.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: April 18, 2010, 04:23:39 AM

My debit card works pretty much like a regular credit card. I never use it as such anymore because there was one time I used it to buy some software (Delphi 1.0) and didn't have sufficient funds in checking or savings. So I got hit with a penalty from the bank and a charge from a collections agency. Most expensive software I ever bought (though it was kinda worth it).

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #85 on: April 18, 2010, 10:41:18 AM

I had cancelled already all our subs to MMO's, but if we ever sign up again we will only use pre-pay.  I had been thinking about this for awhile, but this episode trumps my laziness.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: April 18, 2010, 11:28:07 AM

My new MMO habit is to sub for one month and immediately cancel my subscription after paying the first month.  I wonder if this snafu would still have messed me up?   Bah... it would take an act of God to get me to resub to WAR anyway.   

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: April 20, 2010, 06:05:18 AM

Dammit dammit dammit! Why does all the goos shit happen when I'm gone! First the WoT MMO, and now this.

Also, can we bring back the Xhibit meme just for this one! Please!

Yo dawg, I heard you liked paying online fees while you play your game, so I added a fee to your fee, so now you can pay while you pay while you play!

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: April 21, 2010, 07:58:22 AM

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: April 21, 2010, 11:56:14 AM

Now if only they had a game worth playing.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
SHOE
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: April 21, 2010, 01:13:33 PM

Long time lurker here.

I haven't been subscribed to the game for over a year in a half. I checked my bank account around April 10th before I knew anything about the issue and was at -$230. I logged into my bank's website and checked my statement and there were 10 $14.99 charges. I browsed the WAR forums and found the billing issue. I called my bank they said they put my account on hold and deferred another 15 charges. I told them that this was Mythic's billing issue and after the bank calling Mythic they reversed the charges and sent Mythic my overdraft fees.

Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: April 21, 2010, 01:17:18 PM

The experience and reknown bonus for 2 weeks is pretty sweet actually, however still not enough to get me to resub even for just that
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: April 21, 2010, 03:41:26 PM

Well, goddamn, ignoring the quality of the game why the hell should I trust Mythic? In game stuff? FUCKING SWEET YOU KNOBS BUT A PET DOES NOT PUT FOOD ON MY TABLE. They're so bad at this.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #93 on: April 21, 2010, 03:59:28 PM

clarification
Community Team Edit - Clarified that only players effected by the billing error would receive token rewards.

I thought Hickman was let go in the last round of layoffs?

edit:  I thought Hickman was good -- wasn't hoping for him to be gone by that statement. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 05:38:35 PM by Soln »
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: April 21, 2010, 04:48:52 PM

Heh, one of the rewards is: Signet of the Cursed Company

Sometimes the jokes just write themselves.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #95 on: April 21, 2010, 10:44:35 PM

clarification
Community Team Edit - Clarified that only players effected by the billing error would receive token rewards.

I thought Hickman was let go in the last round of layoffs?

Looking around I can't see any info that confirms this. He was trotted out during the layoffs though to talk about the bright, shiny future for WAR and Mythic.

or

Right now, I bet he wish he had been.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: April 22, 2010, 09:15:18 PM

For something of this magnitude anything short of lifetime subs to all mythic games forever just doesn't cut it.

I am the .00000001428%
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #97 on: April 23, 2010, 09:48:52 AM

For something of this magnitude anything short of lifetime subs to all mythic games forever just doesn't cut it.

Wouldn't that be like rubbing salt in the wound?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: April 25, 2010, 01:49:12 PM

Wouldn't that be like rubbing salt in the wound?

Not as much as getting a reward in a game you are not likely going to spend another cent on.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Mythic billing vendor snafu  
Jump to: