Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:26:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Flash Forward 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Flash Forward  (Read 36181 times)
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: October 15, 2009, 01:39:31 AM

It wasn't bayrisch, which was disconcerting!  awesome, for real
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 15, 2009, 11:30:53 AM

It wasn't bayrisch, which was disconcerting!  awesome, for real
It wasn't Kölsch, either.

No, it felt more like the uncanny valley of language.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #37 on: October 25, 2009, 10:39:18 PM

Anyone still watching this? Last episode on hulu was awsome.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Gutboy Barrelhouse
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 26, 2009, 10:36:41 AM

I am watching the last show was indeed awesome, it's got the Lost, 24 (the good years) type of vibe going now.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #39 on: October 27, 2009, 10:46:39 AM

I am watching the last show was indeed awesome, it's got the Lost, 24 (the good years) type of vibe going now.

Ya, I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Very good/believable take on what would happen and how people would react.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 27, 2009, 02:22:42 PM

I'm not really digging this show all that much. I don't care about the characters in the least and there's not enough sci-fi stuff in each episdoe. I'm going to keep watching, but I hope it really picks up.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 29, 2009, 11:42:39 AM

This show has been pretty bad, but the last episode was at least less than average.  Giving it two more episodes.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #42 on: October 29, 2009, 09:16:42 PM

I'm not going to get into this show until the end of the first season at least. I got pissed off enough with "Lost" piling mystery on top of mystery and then doing something else that made all those previous mysteries irrelevant, so I'm going to hold off until a more complete picture of the series emerges.

On top of that, I don't trust this because it is an American production. By which I mean: if it was British, they'd go, "We've got enough good material for 2 seasons max. Let's stick to that." As an American production, the attitude will be, "We've got to go the full 7 series or more! Filler episodes unto syndication ahoy!"

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #43 on: October 30, 2009, 08:43:21 AM

I continue to enjoy the series. The little awkward moments between Benford and Simco were great. I was kind of hoping it'd be some alien conspiracy behind everything, but maybe it's just a bunch of scientists going all mad scientists on us. Either way, I still want to watch the next episode right after the episode I've just finished watching is over.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: November 02, 2009, 09:29:56 AM

I liked how they finally acknowledged that people knew about the flash fowards during their flash fowards, it was weird that Benford was the only one who knew about them in his.  I guess his boss knew full well what was coming and decided to take a shit anyways, good for him.

I am the .00000001428%
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: November 06, 2009, 08:33:41 AM

I just watch the last two episodes last night.  THe show might be getting a little better, but it's still pretty terrible.  The woman likes it though.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #46 on: November 06, 2009, 09:38:01 AM

I was really hoping that the guy who bought it last night wasn't going to buy it. Damn.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: November 06, 2009, 11:38:06 AM

I was really hoping that the guy who bought it last night wasn't going to buy it. Damn.

I was hoping he would survive by landing on top of the woman that he was meant to kill.

I am the .00000001428%
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: November 06, 2009, 11:44:43 AM

I thought he was going to jump off but just land on a ledge below him.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #49 on: November 06, 2009, 12:21:48 PM

I thought he was going to jump off but just land on a ledge below him.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: November 06, 2009, 12:47:56 PM

I was hoping he would survive by landing on top of the woman that he was meant to kill.

I thought for sure his jumping was going to cause her death somehow.

most often known as Drevik
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #51 on: November 07, 2009, 10:04:57 AM

I wish Benford would STOP WHISPERING when he's talking to people. It's really getting on my nerves.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: November 08, 2009, 09:46:41 PM

I wish Benford would STOP WHISPERING when he's talking to people. It's really getting on my nerves.

Agreed. The annoying part is his normal talking voice is totally different. I think the reason he talks like that is so it masks his accent.
Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SezaW0szoQ4
schild
Administrator

Reply #53 on: November 15, 2009, 08:19:23 PM

Episode 6 was monstrous. Monstrous.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: November 16, 2009, 05:45:24 AM

They fired the show runner and David Goyer is running the whole thing now.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: November 16, 2009, 01:47:25 PM

I can't tell if you mean that the episode was really bad or just terrible.
schild
Administrator

Reply #56 on: November 20, 2009, 05:58:59 PM

I can't tell if you mean that the episode was really bad or just terrible.
Monstrous as in huge.

Huge as in Awesome.

Awesome as in "When the fuck did monstrous mean really bad or terrible?"

I enjoyed the hell out of it.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: November 21, 2009, 06:12:43 AM

I watched the last three episodes in a row last night.  I have to say it's bringing me back.  It's not the main actors either, it's the young doc and his future lady, it's Simcoe playing poker, it's *gasp* Dominic Monaghan who really fleshed out his character last night.  Even Sulu is getting like-able. 
 I've also liked how they have un-ravelled some of the stories.  Look at Simcoe when he tells Dr. Benford he's taking his kid away.  I think he's in love already and Benford is still STFUGTFO with him.  Look at the young doc's tale, nicely done!
Oh and Benford's sponsor is kicking his role's ass every night.  And his daughter has a pair of nice hammers.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

schild
Administrator

Reply #58 on: November 21, 2009, 11:21:32 PM

I've seen 4 tv shows "Future Lady" was in. Her name is Takeuchi Yuko. A few years back she was in Pride with Takuya Kimura. 25% of Japan watched it. Probably because it was pretty great as far as Japanese Dramas go. She was also the lead in Lunch Queen (Lunch no Joou) and Fukigen na Jiin.

Anyway, if no one else was left on the show, I'd still be committed, so I wholly approve of this casting.

Edit: Man, I watch a lot of not-for-white-people-TV.

Edit 2: I'm not listing the other show I've seen her in. You can look her up on Jdorama if you want and try to figure it out.

Edit 3: And yes, I recognized her on sight within about 2 frames.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 11:23:54 PM by schild »
Gutboy Barrelhouse
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: November 22, 2009, 09:01:48 AM

Schild just needs to move to Japan.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #60 on: November 22, 2009, 10:29:57 AM

He's more unique being himself in a country where people look like him.  I guess.  I'm not sure.  Someone can fix it for me if they like.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #61 on: November 24, 2009, 08:08:43 PM

schild
Administrator

Reply #62 on: November 24, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

The network has already cancelled the struggling Eastwick and hasn’t exactly shown a lot of faith in V either which it also halted production on at one point.

Eastwick: Obvious.
V: What were they expecting?

I need a job as a TV executive, these people have the terrible fucking foresight.

What next, new Whedon show coming this Spring?

TV makes me lol.
Geralog
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: December 04, 2009, 08:22:19 AM

"Like a bookclub - WITH BULLETS" is possibly the best thing I've ever heard on a TV show

A devilish combination of slightly bored and quite hungry
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #64 on: December 07, 2009, 12:40:52 PM

Yeah, so that thing ABC is doing to V (not showing it again until March 30)? They are doing it to Flash Forward. New episodes won't be until the first week of MARCH.

Cocksuckers.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #65 on: December 07, 2009, 04:12:14 PM

I blame everybody.  Nothing good ever gets good ratings anymore.  The public sucks, and TV exec's suck.  We really need to hurry up and figure out a better way to create and distribute shows.  Nothing decent has a chance anymore (with some exceptions) on normal TV.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: December 07, 2009, 08:45:16 PM

Yeah, so that thing ABC is doing to V (not showing it again until March 30)? They are doing it to Flash Forward. New episodes won't be until the first week of MARCH.

Cocksuckers.

Not sure what to think about these hiatuses as Burn Notice has done okay with having a split season.

I'm sure this wasn't "part of the plan" like it is with Burn Notice, as FlashForward lost about two million viewers though November, but maybe they think it might do... something?  I don't know, TV executives are not known for their brilliant intellects.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: December 09, 2009, 08:50:48 AM

The last episode was actually good and got me wishing there were more.  It's just that there were a ton of shitty episodes.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #68 on: December 14, 2009, 08:56:48 AM

You know that episode (one before last I think?) where the dude is looking for the Japanese girl? I hated that. It made me sick to my stomach. It was so syrupy. If that's the emotional 'hook' in this series, bringing it out of cryostasis after 3 months is going to be a tough sell.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: December 16, 2009, 02:56:28 PM

You know that episode (one before last I think?) where the dude is looking for the Japanese girl? I hated that. It made me sick to my stomach. It was so syrupy. If that's the emotional 'hook' in this series, bringing it out of cryostasis after 3 months is going to be a tough sell.

I hated it because the dumb fuck completely ignores the super hot babysitter thats obviously into him. 

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Flash Forward  
Jump to: