Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2024, 11:27:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Flash Forward 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Flash Forward  (Read 36164 times)
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: December 17, 2009, 11:36:51 AM

You know that episode (one before last I think?) where the dude is looking for the Japanese girl? I hated that. It made me sick to my stomach. It was so syrupy. If that's the emotional 'hook' in this series, bringing it out of cryostasis after 3 months is going to be a tough sell.

I hated it because the dumb fuck completely ignores the super hot babysitter thats obviously into him. 

schild
Administrator

Reply #71 on: December 31, 2009, 11:21:09 AM

FlashForward originally was developed at HBO, which sold its option because it thought the show would be a better fit for a broadcast network. After purchasing the series and ordering a pilot ABC picked up FlashForward for thirteen episodes[7] in May 2009. On October 12, 2009, ABC picked up the series for a 22 episode season. Later the same day, it was announced ABC had ordered a further three episodes for a 25 episode first season, which was later adjusted to 24.[2] [8][9][10]

If only it stayed on HBO.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: December 31, 2009, 11:19:37 PM

FlashForward originally was developed at HBO, which sold its option because it thought the show would be a better fit for a broadcast network. After purchasing the series and ordering a pilot ABC picked up FlashForward for thirteen episodes[7] in May 2009. On October 12, 2009, ABC picked up the series for a 22 episode season. Later the same day, it was announced ABC had ordered a further three episodes for a 25 episode first season, which was later adjusted to 24.[2] [8][9][10]

If only it stayed on HBO.

I came in a bit late to the party (4th or 5th episode courtesy of Hulu) but I'm digging it. Except for the main character. He's about as cheesy as it gets.

It's Lost Lite. Keeping me entertained until the real fun begins.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: January 09, 2010, 02:23:38 PM

I'm just now watching the first episodes on Hulu. Lol at the Seth Macfarlane cameo! Just made the episode that much better.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #74 on: February 03, 2010, 11:26:29 PM

This show sucks because it has so much filler, who really gives a fuck about all these side plots that don't involve the actual mystery.  Also giant plot holes.  I still like it but its already starting to piss me off with the wasted time on pointless characters and the terrible inconsistencies.  Also kill the black guy was a terrible choice, he was the least obnoxious of the fbi agents by a wide margin.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: April 23, 2010, 08:55:45 PM

I missed last nights episode and just watched it on Hulu. Did I see Gaius Baltar sporting a baseball cap and an American accent? If so, WHOOPEEE! Love that dude.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #76 on: April 23, 2010, 11:53:09 PM

I missed last nights episode and just watched it on Hulu. Did I see Gaius Baltar sporting a baseball cap and an American accent? If so, WHOOPEEE! Love that dude.

Yes.  Lot of very odd but awesome casting choices on this show.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #77 on: April 24, 2010, 12:30:20 AM

Holy shit, I didn't even recognize him. Great casting choice.

Since the show came back, it has moved up to my "watch it the night of" instead of "collect it on the DVR and watch it all in a bunch" status. Really digging it.

Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: April 24, 2010, 07:37:51 AM

This show loves brits doing American accents.

Also:

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #79 on: April 25, 2010, 10:16:03 AM

I wondered that about the safety as well. I assume it was in a position that couldn't be gotten to?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #80 on: April 25, 2010, 12:37:54 PM

There's no point looking for logic in that retarded trap or their failure to get out of it any number of trivial ways.  Jigsaw wept.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #81 on: April 27, 2010, 11:05:15 PM

There's no point looking for logic in that retarded trap or their failure to get out of it any number of trivial ways.  Jigsaw wept.

Yeah the last 3 episodes have all had almost as dumb as the black guy jumping off the roof moments all over the place.  Starting to bug me and considering there are two sub plots that I have zero interest in catching up on in the affair and the stupid AA guy's daughter I think this show may become not worth watching.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #82 on: May 17, 2010, 09:33:33 AM

The show got canceled. Too bad as I actually think they found some good footing recently with the reveals.

I started reading the book it was "based on" and you really almost can't even say it was based on this book. It is so totally different as to be barely inspired by the book.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #83 on: May 17, 2010, 09:35:16 AM

Yeah, the book has no bearing on the show. They needed to make it a lot more immediate for the purposes of a show.

That said, it really was starting to find its footing. I at least hope they tie it up well.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
MournelitheCalix
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: May 19, 2010, 11:47:53 AM

I have thoroughly enjoyed this show.  Honestly this just feels like one more instance where a really good show gets the can and leaves me the watcher feeling cheated. 

Born too late to explore the new world.
Born too early to explore the universe.
Born just in time to see liberty die.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: May 19, 2010, 12:44:16 PM

And to think it lost out to V of all the crappy shows.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #86 on: May 20, 2010, 01:56:07 AM

Roger that. This show getting canned while the shambling mess that is V gets a pass is bringing out the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: May 24, 2010, 01:07:00 PM

I never liked this show.  I only allow myself to watch one trainwreck show at a time and currently that's SGU for me.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #88 on: May 24, 2010, 04:52:19 PM

And to think it lost out to V of all the crappy shows.

V is easier to understand and still has fond memories of the 80's series to play on.  However, if they don't get shit rolling with the actual fighting in the first half of next season, don't expect it to last either.  All the coy, "you know they're evil but you just don't know HOW EVIL," bullshit is getting tired.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: May 24, 2010, 06:27:29 PM

FF is a good show, but I HATE some of the characters (both Benford's for instance).  Kinda sorry it got cancelled, but it put out a good mystery and, unlike Lost, actually had payback as the season progressed. 
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: May 25, 2010, 07:09:17 AM

Why don't you try our other games?
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: May 26, 2010, 05:24:03 AM

So, does it have an somewhat satisfactory ending or am I better off deleting the whole season from my external backup tivo because it would leave me hanging?
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: May 26, 2010, 07:55:17 AM

I deleted it all off my DVR as soon as I knew it was canceled.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: May 28, 2010, 09:25:24 AM

So, does it have an somewhat satisfactory ending or am I better off deleting the whole season from my external backup tivo because it would leave me hanging?

Eh sort of, they were clearly setting up for another season.  The main plotlines get resolved, but there is a cliffhangerish ending.

I am the .00000001428%
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #94 on: May 28, 2010, 06:45:24 PM

Fuck you, ABC. Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #95 on: May 30, 2010, 11:10:00 AM

Parts of it felt a bit contrived (specifically Benford going back to the building and standing around like a dumbass ignoring all the gunfire and the FUCKING BOMBS!). But it definitely left a good platform for what could have been an interesting second season. But now, we'll never know.

Fuck you ABC. How did this get worse ratings than V?

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: May 30, 2010, 11:17:37 AM

It's harder to understand than V. They made the mistake of aiming the show slightly above the lowest common denominator.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: May 30, 2010, 10:52:12 PM

Y'know, I've finally sensed a pattern in ABC. I find one, maybe two shows every decade that I like on that channel. In the 70's, it was Mork and Mindy. In the 80's it was Max Headroom which they preternaturally killed. In the 90's it was Twin Peaks which they also preternaturally killed. Now, they kill Flashforward, Happytown (which I was really getting into as it was Stephen King meets Twin Peaks) and were responsible for the confusing ending to LOST (the scenes of the plane wreckage which led me and everyone else to believe that everyone died when the plane crashed). And they also killed off Better Off Ted. I guarantee I won't see another ABC show I like until 2015. Fuck you ABC. You've broken my heart multiple times in the past few decades and I'll be fucked if I fall for your sweet nothings anytime soon.

Now that I think about it, they also killed off the original BSG. Oh DoublePlusFuckYou ABC.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: May 31, 2010, 01:17:17 AM

By its last season the original BSG badly needed to die. It had flying motorcycles and super powered children. I don't think it's fair to hold that one against ABC.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: May 31, 2010, 04:43:09 AM

The original BSG didn't have flying motorcycles.  That was Galactica 1980, a more kid oriented show.  Hence the flying motorcycles, super scouts and Dr. Z, the child prodigy who led the fleet with Adama.  Only notable, to me, for the cylon 'attack' on Los Angeles and the episode "The Return of Starbuck".  The original BSG was canceled because, at the time, it was the most expensive TV show and had mediocre ratings.  Galactica 1980 was canceled because it sucked.

raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: May 31, 2010, 07:30:43 AM

The original BSG didn't have flying motorcycles.  That was Galactica 1980, a more kid oriented show.  Hence the flying motorcycles, super scouts and Dr. Z, the child prodigy who led the fleet with Adama.  Only notable, to me, for the cylon 'attack' on Los Angeles and the episode "The Return of Starbuck".  The original BSG was canceled because, at the time, it was the most expensive TV show and had mediocre ratings.  Galactica 1980 was canceled because it sucked.

Yeah, I believe it was NBC who picked up that turd and threw it against the wall. I was 11 at the time and even I thought it sucked.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: May 31, 2010, 08:00:35 AM

Ah ok. I always just considered it to be the last awful season of a mediocre show. Fair enough though.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: June 22, 2010, 11:48:27 AM

This. Just watched the last episode. I HATE those cliffhangerish endings. Heart

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: June 22, 2010, 12:02:38 PM

This. Just watched the last episode. I HATE those cliffhangerish endings. Heart

I was more upset when "Surface" did it, but yes, sucks.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #104 on: June 22, 2010, 12:11:25 PM

At least Surface left us with an ending of sorts. I mean, yeah, it sucked in that the ending was "World's flooded, beasties live in the flooded area" but it was a damn sight better ending than "BOOM!"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Flash Forward  
Jump to: