Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:26:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Flash Forward 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Flash Forward  (Read 36151 times)
Oban
Terracotta Army

on: October 03, 2009, 10:40:43 AM

Watched this last night, not bad at all.

It is based on, of all things, a Canadian novel from a decade ago apparently.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 12:22:13 PM

The pilot of this show is so shitty that it's almost a parody of itself.

It climaxes when there are two men hunched over a kitchen island in totally darkness, my friend and I couldn't help but burst out in laughter at that point.  I also like the point where they go back over the fact that the entire world lost consciousness for 2:17 when it happened to EVERYONE, it's the kind of thing you don't have to go back over.

Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 02:05:43 PM

Do you mean at the end when they showed the teasers for the entire season?

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 03:53:41 PM

The pilot of this show is so shitty that it's almost a parody of itself.

It climaxes when there are two men hunched over a kitchen island in totally darkness, my friend and I couldn't help but burst out in laughter at that point.  I also like the point where they go back over the fact that the entire world lost consciousness for 2:17 when it happened to EVERYONE, it's the kind of thing you don't have to go back over.

Were you watching the same show I was watching?

Oh, and D. Gibbons is a bad man...

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 04:35:00 PM

I'm liking this show a lot.  They are unspooling the main plot just fast enough for me.  I can see this show going south fast though but I have my fingers crossed.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 04:52:39 PM

You know what's also nice, it seems to be planned for 1 season. Which is why it's moving along at a nice clip. I'm sure they'll fuck that up though. Prison Break Part Deux.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 10:00:07 PM

Oh god, I hope not.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 10:38:29 PM

You know what's also nice, it seems to be planned for 1 season. Which is why it's moving along at a nice clip. I'm sure they'll fuck that up though. Prison Break Part Deux.

This is their replacement for Lost, it's going the long haul.  They already have one person from Lost on it already.

schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 10:40:47 PM

This is their replacement for Lost, it's going the long haul.  They already have one person from Lost on it already.
This is not a replacement for Lost. It's just timeslot filler til they get something with wide appeal.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 07:08:22 AM

It's on On Demand so I actually was able to watch it.  I don't know what planet I live on but obviously it's the one where I've never heard of anything you guys ever talk about!  Anyway, I liked it, too, and I very nearly never like anything on TV.  That's my recommendation.  I should write for some TV newspaper review thingy.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 07:18:55 AM

Everything reminds me of Lost now, that's not a good thing even though I like Lost.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 08:20:31 AM

This is not a replacement for Lost. It's just timeslot filler til they get something with wide appeal.

It's only had two episodes, nobody can make a statement like that yet. None of that makes any sense at all.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 11:01:27 AM

Finally watched the first episode and loved it. Definitely get a Lost vibe to it, but that's to be expected.

Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 06:40:50 AM

Every time they show the stadium part, I get the chills. They did that pretty darn well. Other than that, this show needs a coat of polish. It's not bad. I'll keep watching it. But it's really not that great. I'm also not really caring for Fiennes' acting.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 12:04:44 PM

I'm loving it. At the end of the second episode, I was wishing it was longer.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 09:06:34 AM

Just saw the latest episode (I think).
  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 09:55:52 AM

Ohhhhh, I see.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 11:12:11 AM

The Nazi subplot bugged me a bit. I was really hoping it wasn't going to be a red herring, but yep, red herring. Also, I think we're about 1 year away from being completely unable to use old, aging Nazis as villains anymore. Granted the book was written what, 10 years ago, so it's not as bad, but the German had to be what 21 at the start of the war? Meaning, he would have had to be a grunt, and that's just not that interesting - anything else is stretching credibility. Still, the ending with the crows was kind of cool, but the slow trickle of info can be a double-edged sword.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 12:13:37 PM

I thought it was a missed oportunity to release a Nazi in the middle of NY and then just call in an anonymous tip to the Isreali embassy  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 04:08:07 PM

Excellent third episode, after a somewhat messy second one (at least it felt like that to me, especially the scene in the doll factory).

Regarding the ending of the latest one, as Saul Tigh would say:

What the frak??  ACK!

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 10:40:12 PM

Seriously. What the fuck was up with that tower. In the middle of fucking bass-ackwards Africa?

Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 04:01:26 AM

Well, the whole thing is about as backwards from the hatch  as can be.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 06:19:45 AM

Well, the whole thing is about as backwards from the hatch  as can be.
I really need to see Lost one day.

Do I ?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 07:58:07 AM

I love how the FBI database had a chart of the daily worldwide crow population dating back decades.

I am the .00000001428%
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 08:49:08 AM

I love how the FBI database had a chart of the daily worldwide crow population dating back decades.

I think they're also using (quotes because they say this in the show) "Echelon" from the "NSA." I'm sure with all of that elite tech on their hands, they can find Audobon data or the website of some bird fanatic with too much time on his hands.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 09:03:17 AM

I think they're also using (quotes because they say this in the show) "Echelon" from the "NSA." I'm sure with all of that elite tech on their hands, they can find Audobon data or the website of some bird fanatic with too much time on his hands.
Well, then the NSA should sell their search engine, because what was shown in the show is pure awesome.  awesome, for real

Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 11, 2009, 09:33:59 AM

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #27 on: October 11, 2009, 02:14:45 PM

Well, then the NSA should sell their search engine, because what was shown in the show is pure awesome.  awesome, for real

Well, sure, I'm betting it all runs on MoFOS!

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #28 on: October 12, 2009, 07:41:42 AM

Every time they show the stadium part, I get the chills. They did that pretty darn well. Other than that, this show needs a coat of polish. It's not bad. I'll keep watching it. But it's really not that great. I'm also not really caring for Fiennes' acting.

Really?  Because he's, by a very long shot, the best actor in the series.  And I don't think the show's great, either, but it's dramatic entertainment without being a Law and Order cop show or in a hospital.  That's become rare. 

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #29 on: October 12, 2009, 07:50:16 AM

Really?  Because he's, by a very long shot, the best actor in the series.  And I don't think the show's great, either, but it's dramatic entertainment without being a Law and Order cop show or in a hospital.  That's become rare. 

He only has one expression!

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #30 on: October 13, 2009, 02:55:23 AM

Best of the series is Gabrielle Union, no doubt; sexy as hell  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS Heart

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #31 on: October 13, 2009, 06:43:42 AM

You guys keep getting good acting confused with T&A.  I'm not surprised. 

Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 13, 2009, 09:34:05 AM

You guys keep getting good acting confused with T&A.  I'm not surprised. 

I'm sorry, what? I was looking at a hot picture of Gabrielle Union.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: October 13, 2009, 11:17:48 PM

Contrary to others, I loved how the Nazi played them. The German officer even warned them, but would they listen? No, of course not. And they got punked for it.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: October 15, 2009, 01:27:51 AM

Contrary to others, I loved how the Nazi played them. The German officer even warned them, but would they listen? No, of course not. And they got punked for it.
True.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

For some reason I found the German spoken in that episode very disturbing and I am not sure why.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Flash Forward  
Jump to: