Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:29:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 NFL 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 NFL  (Read 168743 times)
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 10, 2009, 12:15:48 PM

Believe me... I was waiting to hear about an Adrian Peterson and 4 first round picks for Cedric Benson a couple of years ago. 

I even would have given you Thomas Jones, back when we had both Benson and Jones, for that deal  Heart
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 10, 2009, 07:05:42 PM

Nice fucking catch Polamalu!
WayAbvPar

Reply #37 on: September 10, 2009, 08:31:27 PM

That was a hell of a grab. I can't believe he is still ambulatory after watching his leg bend 30 degrees. Ben, not Troy pls. Although I would loathe Troy a lot less if he cut his fucking hair and played for a non-douchebag team  Ohhhhh, I see.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #38 on: September 10, 2009, 09:19:42 PM

Wow, Tennessee is providing a textbook example of how to lose a game in the last 3 minutes.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: September 10, 2009, 09:42:14 PM

Damn good game, about what I expected (minus the Ward fumble though).
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #40 on: September 11, 2009, 12:37:18 AM

Man, all you guys are hating on my hometown.  I'm gonna have to get a black and gold avatar to stand up for myself.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #41 on: September 15, 2009, 07:20:28 AM

Guess why I don't bother being a Bills fan. On of my favorite old jokes "How do you know OJ is innocent?" "The killer used a knife and the Bills are chokers."

Jets looked hot, though. Nice D and good rookies. Iggles were looking good until  ACK! Poor chunky soup.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 15, 2009, 07:40:42 AM

Guess why I don't bother being a Bills fan. On of my favorite old jokes "How do you know OJ is innocent?" "The killer used a knife and the Bills are chokers."

While I was watching the second half last night the words "Wait for it... wait for it..." went through my mind and then there it was. Choke. And then all was right again with the universe.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #43 on: September 15, 2009, 08:57:06 AM

The Bills - Finding Ways to Lose Already Won Games Since 1989.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: September 15, 2009, 09:14:09 AM

How do you NOT tell that fool NOT to run that kick out of the end zone?  I remember thinking to myself "damn, okay he probably won't fumble, but that's just fucking stupid."  And then he fumbles.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: September 15, 2009, 09:20:26 AM

I thought Sanchez showed pretty well for a rookie and almost regretted not trading with Haemish for him in the fantasy league. 

Also Delhomme  swamp poop

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #46 on: September 15, 2009, 09:47:23 AM

I thought Sanchez showed pretty well for a rookie and almost regretted not trading with Haemish for him in the fantasy league. 

At this point, I'm glad you didn't. He has a better matchup this week than Rivers.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #47 on: September 15, 2009, 02:09:19 PM

Well, I guess I can just keep rewatching that Urlacher hit on Rogers all season long and pretend its a new highlight every week.

cry

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #48 on: September 15, 2009, 02:28:33 PM

One year later, and still can't hold a 4th quarter lead.  Looked almost different from the last 2 seasons, with the exception that Cutler has that "franchise quarterback" ability to rack up passing yards that surprise you the next day in the box score.
WayAbvPar

Reply #49 on: September 16, 2009, 09:59:22 AM

Urlacher injury worse than expected?

Career threatening from a wrist. That would be a new one. I am just glad he is missing the Seattle game  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Where are we sitting, btw?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: September 16, 2009, 10:17:52 AM

I haven't read any of the reports in any detail, but I am struggling to see why you couldn't just tape that sucker up and play.  What's so special about a dislocated wrist that you couldn't play with a big ole club on your hand?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: September 16, 2009, 11:04:23 AM

I haven't read any of the reports in any detail, but I am struggling to see why you couldn't just tape that sucker up and play.  What's so special about a dislocated wrist that you couldn't play with a big ole club on your hand?

Have you ever played linebacker competitively?  Your hands are everything.  This is especially true in the hypercompetitive NFL where there are 100 guys waiting in line to take over your spot in the lineup. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: September 16, 2009, 11:20:12 AM

It's the center lunate bone, fractured.  Movement could cause permanent nerve damage, cast or no cast.

And WAP, looks like we'll be surround by navy jerseys in the visitor section.  Lower lever, corner of the end zone.  Really good view of Alexander's back running for the game winning touchdown last time I sat there.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 11:22:13 AM by Sauced »
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: September 16, 2009, 11:52:32 AM

Have you ever played linebacker competitively?  Your hands are everything.  This is especially true in the hypercompetitive NFL where there are 100 guys waiting in line to take over your spot in the lineup. 

No I haven't, and that might be all the answer I need.  I think Sauced's description of the injury puts a period on it...my gut reaction was nothing more than having seen so-called "skill position" players wearing casts, so surely a big fat linebacker could do the same.  I stand corrected.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: September 16, 2009, 11:53:57 AM

I think Sauced gave a better answer than I did.  I apologize for being a bit over the top. 

-  Mark Twain
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #55 on: September 16, 2009, 12:09:14 PM

I think Sauced gave a better answer than I did.  I apologize for being a bit over the top. 

Also being wrong, the monster LB for the 49'ers Willis was killing people in college with a club on one hand, I believe that was just a thumb injury but the point stands that without use of a hand you can play LB I know I've seen it in the pros as well. 

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: September 16, 2009, 12:30:57 PM

Also being wrong, the monster LB for the 49'ers Willis was killing people in college with a club on one hand, I believe that was just a thumb injury but the point stands that without use of a hand you can play LB I know I've seen it in the pros as well. 

I'd argue that there exist a very select few players that could still hold down their LB job with a club hand.  Perhaps Urlacher is one of them.  The neurology would overshadow that in any event. 

I'll concede that there are exceptions, but overall I can't imagine playing a skill position like LB at the NFL level with only one usable hand. 

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #57 on: September 16, 2009, 01:53:19 PM

It's the center lunate bone, fractured.  Movement could cause permanent nerve damage, cast or no cast.

And WAP, looks like we'll be surround by navy jerseys in the visitor section.  Lower lever, corner of the end zone.  Really good view of Alexander's back running for the game winning touchdown last time I sat there.

View, schmiew. How close is it to a beer stand?? Any idea which section? I am going to LMAO if it is near our normal seats.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: September 16, 2009, 02:38:40 PM

Section is 127, I believe.  Pretty sure concession is right behind there.
WayAbvPar

Reply #59 on: September 16, 2009, 02:50:01 PM

Same side of the stadium, opposite end zone (we are normally in 142). And yes, there are plenty of concessions nearby. Hopefully the weather will hold up long enough to get through the game sans monsoon.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #60 on: September 16, 2009, 02:52:00 PM

You two want to coordinate your outfits in here also?

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #61 on: September 16, 2009, 03:56:01 PM

Apologies for interrupting the deluge of NFL related posts.

And I assume we are going to be wearing opposing jerseys  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: September 20, 2009, 03:46:08 PM

Help the soccer guy out...

Saints, 2-0 with two blow outs. OK, one was Detroit, but is Philly shit too? Or are we possibly seeing something here?
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: September 20, 2009, 05:45:12 PM

Help the soccer guy out...

Saints, 2-0 with two blow outs. OK, one was Detroit, but is Philly shit too? Or are we possibly seeing something here?

Philly is solid, but without McNabb, they're hurting on the offense.
BoatApe
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: September 20, 2009, 05:53:37 PM

Long term Saints fan here so take it with a grain (or a pound) of salt...

I had the Eagles as one of the make-or-break games for the Saints this year. Granted, we faced Kolb rather than McRib, but the offense wasn't what had me worried.
We ended up controlling their D but it could have gone the other way if a couple of plays/calls had gone the other direction.

Sean Payton has a happy hand with the red flag and would challenge a gain if he didn't like the look of it - so we give away timeouts at times - it was a push today though...

The Saints look extremely good this year but as a long term fan I know we can veer off-course at any given moment.

I hope we're "seeing something" here, but I've been a fan far too long to get my hopes up this early in the season.

Pardon the blatant homerism and I hope this helps. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #65 on: September 20, 2009, 09:44:26 PM

Suck it, Wade.  I hate that last second coach's timeout crap.

-Rasix
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #66 on: September 20, 2009, 10:05:23 PM

Suck it, Wade.  I hate that last second coach's timeout crap.

Me too but not nearly as much as I hate NYG, Simms (and his stupid kid) and Eli Manning. 

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: September 21, 2009, 02:27:29 AM

The Chargers defense likely was borrowed from Fresno State this week.  God was that hard to watch.

That said, any week where both the Pats and Cowboys lose is a good one.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: September 21, 2009, 02:45:38 AM

The Chargers defense likely was borrowed from Fresno State this week.  God was that hard to watch.

That's okay - the Ravens secondary wasn't much better.  Rivers is insane and passed all over them all day long. 
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: September 21, 2009, 09:26:56 AM

Thumbs up!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 NFL  
Jump to: