Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:30:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 NFL 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 NFL  (Read 169517 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #70 on: September 21, 2009, 09:36:11 AM

That said, any week where both the Pats and Cowboys lose is a good one.

Thumbs up!

+ Steelers for the epic win.  Wish the Bungles were 2-0 though, that stupid goddamn random ass play...

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: September 21, 2009, 09:37:02 AM

I'm feeling rather smug this morning because I actually picked the Jets to win that one.  Was a rather topsy-turvy week in the NFL, this week 2.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #72 on: September 21, 2009, 10:14:50 AM

Hell of a weekend. What was up with field goal kickers? I mean, who would pick Reed to miss two pretty easy field goals in the Steelers' game? And Tynes in Dallas missing what could have been a game-sealing score. It was so wonderful to watch Collingsworth and Al Michaels slobber over Jerry Jones' knob all game only to see the Cowboys lose it in the last second to an Eli drive. Yeah, fuck you everything's bigger in Texas. So are the losses.

WayAbvPar

Reply #73 on: September 21, 2009, 12:41:48 PM

If anyone needs me, I will be out on a ledge swilling paint thinner until Hasselbeck can play again. FUCK.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: September 21, 2009, 12:45:47 PM

Didn't his x-rays come back negative?

I wish Seattle would find another backup QB anyway, if for no other reason than Seneca would be a good offensive weapon.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #75 on: September 21, 2009, 12:50:14 PM

The potential concussion is the bigger worry I assume.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: September 21, 2009, 12:52:03 PM

Ah, didn't know about that one.  National media just talked about him getting a rib bruising.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: September 21, 2009, 12:56:52 PM

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2009912952_hasselbeck22.html

Looks like they are reporting a fractured rib now. There was an 'inconclusive' CT scan as well - and he sure looked like he'd had his bell rung after the hit, anyway.

(Niners 2-0 woo)

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: September 21, 2009, 01:02:20 PM

Well, dammit to hell then.  So much for a Seattle resurgence.

(Niners 2-0 woo)

Piss off.  2006 just called.  They want their Frank Gore back.

awesome, for real

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: September 21, 2009, 01:04:46 PM

Eddie D is hanging around with Jed now, the good old days will be back soon!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

WayAbvPar

Reply #80 on: September 21, 2009, 01:44:55 PM

Mob ties.

I think Hasselbeck was in so much pain it staggered him...his face was beet red and his eyes were bugging out of his head before he started going down.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: September 21, 2009, 04:04:42 PM

All I gotta say is "New England held without a offensive TD for first time since 2006".

Go Jets!

This time, for real? Maybe? PLEASE?

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #82 on: September 21, 2009, 08:35:24 PM

Man, I'll say it again. Dallas needs a new QB and a new head coach.

But that all won't happen until we get a new owner.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #83 on: September 21, 2009, 11:12:12 PM

Came to make a Jets dig, but didn't have the heart for it.  Good luck, sirs.
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: September 24, 2009, 07:33:58 AM

Pardon me, I'm just here to gloat over the steamrolling of the Seahawks by the Niners.
WayAbvPar

Reply #85 on: September 24, 2009, 09:38:25 AM

2 missed tackles does not a steamrolling make.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #86 on: September 24, 2009, 01:17:37 PM

Was a good week. Who would have taken a bet that the Bears would beat Pittsburgh without Urlacher, and that Greenbay would lose at home to Cinci in the same week?

Now we just need to have the Vikings actually play against a real team, so that Farve can fall apart.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #87 on: September 24, 2009, 01:52:09 PM

Too bad we couldn't get you to Seattle this weekend.  Looks like a perfect 75 and sunny at kickoff.
WayAbvPar

Reply #88 on: September 24, 2009, 02:14:58 PM

Last report I heard warned of torrential drunkenness right around the same time.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: September 24, 2009, 02:24:16 PM

I don't know what you're talking about, I'm about to become a father, and a responsible adult.

Any word on Hasselback?
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #90 on: September 24, 2009, 02:53:08 PM

Too bad we couldn't get you to Seattle this weekend.  Looks like a perfect 75 and sunny at kickoff.

I'd love it, but my Curling season starts this weekend, and well, being Canadian and all... Plus I really can't justify two trips to Seattle in the same month.

I'll be lounging on my couch watching on Sunday.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #91 on: September 24, 2009, 03:04:14 PM

Pardon me, I'm just here to gloat over the steamrolling of the Seahawks by the Niners.

Please don't jinx the Niners by gloating.  We're only two fucking games into the season.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: September 24, 2009, 04:18:22 PM

I don't know what you're talking about, I'm about to become a father, and a responsible adult.

Any word on Hasselback?

Yes.  Word on the street is that he prefers the Hasselbeck spelling of his name awesome, for real

Also, they aren't ruling him out.  He says he wants to play, so if the docs give him the go ahead, he'll probably play.  Half the team is injured this week, of course, so I think they're in for a stomping.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: September 24, 2009, 04:42:16 PM

Ohhhhh, I see.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #94 on: September 24, 2009, 06:01:50 PM

Please don't jinx the Niners by gloating.  We're only two fucking games into the season.

Man, you sound like a Jets fan. They're so adorable, all "NO SHUT UP WE AREN'T GOOD WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME ARGH." Even as they're heading to a Superbowl, they're all "CHRIST DON'T SAY THAT TOO LOUD NO FORGET IT NOW WE'RE DOOMED."

Heart Jets fans  Heart

(I'm a Giants fan myself, but my part of NJ had its share of Jets fans with the very occassional Eagles fan we all sneered at.)

God Save the Horn Players
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #95 on: September 25, 2009, 03:20:58 AM

Man, you sound like a Jets fan. They're so adorable, all "NO SHUT UP WE AREN'T GOOD WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME ARGH." Even as they're heading to a Superbowl, they're all "CHRIST DON'T SAY THAT TOO LOUD NO FORGET IT NOW WE'RE DOOMED."

Heart Jets fans  Heart

(I'm a Giants fan myself, but my part of NJ had its share of Jets fans with the very occassional Eagles fan we all sneered at.)

2007 season, the 49ers won their first two games also.  They then proceeded to lose the next eight games.  Final record for that season was 5-11.  Yeah, I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet that this is the season where they turn everything around.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #96 on: September 25, 2009, 04:37:15 AM

The Niners have played better under Singletary than Nolan. Even with their fairly tough non-NFC West schedule I think 8 - 8 is achievable this year and with a little luck they could go 9 - 7 which might enough to win the NFC West (Cardinals' record last year).
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #97 on: September 25, 2009, 08:22:21 AM

I'm picking San Fran to get it together this year like the Cards did last year. St. Louis is going to be an absolute pushover in that division, and Seattle will be inconsistent due to injuries and new coaching scheme. It only remains to be seen if the Cards are a one year fluke or not.

WayAbvPar

Reply #98 on: September 25, 2009, 09:08:51 AM

I doubt Hasselbeck will play. I am starting my backup in fantasy- Jake Delhomme. That should indicate how confident I am in Hasselbeck's status.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #99 on: September 25, 2009, 10:57:15 AM

Jesus - Delhomme has been fucking awful this year. You are pretty desperate.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #100 on: September 25, 2009, 11:38:22 AM

Delhomme is my current backup as well, entirely because I haven't gotten around to cutting his ass. I can't decide which shitty QB that's left I want to replace him with.

He was my starter last year.  awesome, for real

God Save the Horn Players
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: September 25, 2009, 12:33:48 PM

I got suckered into playing in a league this year.  I, too, have Delhomme.  After I saw the amazing point total he rolled up in week 1 I looked to see if there were any other free agent starting QBs left I could pick up.  Unfortunately I’m in a 14 team league which meant my choices were two:  Stafford or Leftwich. 

I actually did pick up Leftwich for a week but when Delhomme managed to not be a point black hole in week 2 and since it looks like he’ll continue to be the starter in Carolina, I decided to drop the one who had the worse week 5 matchup since that’s when Brees has his bye week.  Delhomme vs Washington looked slightly better than Leftwich vs Philly.  Maybe after week 5 I’ll drop Delhomme too and just pick up Mark Brunell since the only way I’d ever sit Brees is if his leg were to fall off.

Over and out.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #102 on: September 25, 2009, 01:18:37 PM

I'm not looking forward to San Diego's bye, when I get to start JaMarcus Russel. Better than Delhomme I guess though.

Sorry Way, but I'll be rooting heavily against the 'cocks this weekend, as I'm not only a Bears fan, but I also have three Bears on my roster.

(would have won my matchup last week if Olsen hadn't tripped over his own feet in the endzone)

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #103 on: September 25, 2009, 02:59:28 PM

Drew Brees is going to have an awesome year. Better than Brady

Romo stinks.

Sorry, don't mean to make big predictions and shit. I'll just say that Romo stinks.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
WayAbvPar

Reply #104 on: September 25, 2009, 07:31:19 PM

Sorry Way, but I'll be rooting heavily against the 'cocks this weekend, as I'm not only a Bears fan, but I also have three Bears on my roster.

That just means Sauced has to absorb your share of the Bear fan beatings too. I get the feeling that the biggest loser in all this will be my liver, however  swamp poop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 NFL  
Jump to: