Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:35:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 NFL 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 NFL  (Read 169670 times)
JWIV
Terracotta Army

on: July 13, 2009, 04:46:23 PM

FUUUUUUUCKK FUUUUCK FUUCK

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-derrick-mason-0713,0,4346245.story

Heartbreak Heartbreak Heartbreak Heartbreak Heartbreak Heartbreak Heartbreak

In the most surprising move of the Ravens' offseason, wide receiver Derrick Mason has abruptly announced his retirement.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 05:07:45 PM

Buffalo vs Tennessee at 7pm CST tonight, Hall of Fame Game.  Even if it is a meaningless game in which the starters will play one series, football is finally here.  And yes, I am ready.
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 12:10:33 PM

Was eating dinner @ Cheesecake Factory last night; glanced up just in time to see Vince Young throw a terrible pick. Same as it ever was...

Bittersweet weekend for me- Aaron Curry signed (woohoo!!!!!), but Mora canceled the evening practice Sunday night. You know, the one I had registered to see in the first 10 minutes signups were live. Email from Seahawks offering spots at 5 weekday practices- 8:30AM or 3:30PM. I camped the site and registered for a weekend spot for a reason, you stupid assholes.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 01:20:15 PM

Thank god football has arrived.  I've even taken to listening to sports radio during training camp just to get a little fix. 
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 02:40:50 PM

I missed the game last night.

Just got back from Giants Training camp.  Good times.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 11:19:41 AM

Voodoo got me tickets to CHI-SEA in week 3, where WAP and I will try to behave ourselves.

The tickets say "Game 2".  The Seahawks have a bye in week 2?  Man.  I don't know what that means, other than being 6-7 pt favorites (and have fun in December).  Bears will be coming off @ GB, vs PIT, so hopefully I won't be rooting for a 1-2 start.
WayAbvPar

Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 11:36:57 AM

Game 2 means it is the 2nd home game IIRC.

Hopefully Cutler will hit his stride in week 4 after a career-worst performance in week 3  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 11:41:14 AM

Of course, duh.
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 03:17:20 PM

Professional Forum Lurker.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 05:39:56 PM

Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 04:14:57 PM

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 06:17:51 PM

Peter King talks to man formerly known as Chad Johnson. I thought the very last line was amusing.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/08/23/mmqb/2.html

Factoid of the Week That May Interest Only Me

I am still shaking my head at the Chad Ochocinco display Thursday night. OK, lots of NFL players can walk off the street and kick an extra point. Big deal. But Ocho's kickoff to start the second half? Pretty impressive. A little background.

Near the end of the second quarter, the man judged the best kicker in the NFL last year, Stephen Gostkowski, the Patriots All-Pro kicker, kicked the ball off from the Patriots' 30 to the Cincinnati 9, a 61-yard boot. To start the third quarter, Ochocinco, a right-footed, soccer-style kicker, rainbowed one 61 yards to the Pats' nine. Same kick. Same weather conditions. Same result. "He's a terrific player,'' Bill Belichick said a day later. "I love his competitiveness. I love his enthusiasm for the game.''

Talked to Ochocinco on Sunday night (how weird it is to write "talked to Ochocinco"?), and he said he played soccer from 4 to 14 growing up in Miami. "Soccer's my first love,'' he said. "I only gave it up my freshman year in high school because it was time to get serious about football as a career.''

"I'm having a lot of trouble calling you, 'Chad Ochocinco,''' I said.

"Just call me 'Ocho,' '' he said. "That's not hard.''

Anyway, regarding his 61-yard kickoff, he said he wasn't surprised. "I've kicked field goals at [Paul Brown Stadium], just fooling around, from 53 yards. Imagine if I devoted practice time to it. There is no doubt in my mind I could kick in this league. Really, I want to kick so bad.''

The dream ended Sunday -- not because the Bengals don't think Johnson could be an adequate emergency kicker, but because they don't want him to risk getting hurt kicking. With incumbent Shayne Graham out for the rest of the preseason, Cincinnati signed free agent Sam Swank from Wake Forest on Sunday.

"Totally unnecessary,'' Ocho said.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 06:38:11 PM

Did the guy really change his last name to Eightfive?

Really?

ACK!

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 08:02:16 PM

ya rly
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 07:12:14 AM

What happens when he gets traded and the new team already has an 85 and he doesn't want to give it up?

Professional Forum Lurker.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 07:14:57 AM

Any guy willing to change his name to eight five must also be willing to change it to, say, eight eight.  Ochoocho.  I like it.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 09:37:53 AM

What happens when he gets traded and the new team already has an 85 and he doesn't want to give it up?

Cue Gil Renard (DeNiro's character from The Fan). why so serious?
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 11:24:39 AM

Ok, Buffalo brings the number of teams to fire offensive coordinators a week and a half before the regular season starts to 3.  Is this some kind of strange new NFL fad that everyone has to copy, like the Wildcat?

Over and out.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 11:30:15 AM

Ok, Buffalo brings the number of teams to fire offensive coordinators a week and a half before the regular season starts to 3.  Is this some kind of strange new NFL fad that everyone has to copy, like the Wildcat?

Three makes it a trend!  A particularly STUPID one, but a trend nonetheless.   

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 11:32:37 AM

What it tells me is that the job of offensive coordinator is wasted space at teams where the owner/head coach is a major micromanager. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 12:41:21 PM

I would assume they usually end up running practices and working with the other coaches. It must be thankless to work under a coach that calls his own plays, be it offensive or defensive.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 06:10:25 PM

Kansas City is the only place where the head coach took over the offensive coordinator job, being the former OC of Arizona. In Tampa and Buffalo their head coaches were former defensive coordinators so they promoted people to be the new OCs rather than trying to do the job themselves.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 08:14:50 AM

So are we doing the usual game picks this season?

Week 1
THU, SEP 10
Tennessee at Pittsburgh

SUN, SEP 13
Miami at Atlanta
Denver at Cincinnati
Minnesota at Cleveland
Jacksonville at Indianapolis
Detroit at New Orleans
Dallas at Tampa Bay
Philadelphia at Carolina
Kansas City at Baltimore
NY Jets at Houston
Washington at NY Giants
San Francisco at Arizona
St. Louis at Seattle
Chicago at Green Bay

MON, SEP 14
Buffalo at New England
San Diego at Oakland

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 08:25:22 AM by JWIV »
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 09:20:22 AM

Set up a Yahoo pick 'em league.  Easiest way to do this.  

Survival is also fun.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 12:16:09 PM

Or even better- one of each!

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 06:57:07 PM

Bat Country created on Yahoo Pickem.

Group ID: 58981
password: froth

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/58981

Or, if that is wonky:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

Group ID: 58981
Password: froth

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 08:09:48 PM by JWIV »
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 08:49:03 AM

It's game day!

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
WayAbvPar

Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 09:44:15 AM

Go Titans! Mostly because I loathe Pittsburgh. Sure would be nice to see the season start off with Pittsburgh getting drubbed, and maybe Big Ben snapping something vital.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 10:51:57 AM

Go Titans! Mostly because I loathe Pittsburgh. Sure would be nice to see the season start off with Pittsburgh getting drubbed, and maybe Big Ben snapping something vital.

I also do my best to loathe Pittsburgh, but I got their defense in my fantasy league.  So I'm hoping the Titans win 2 to 0.  And that Ben snaps his femur in 217 places.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 11:13:07 AM

I also do my best to loathe Pittsburgh, but I got their defense in my fantasy league.  So I'm hoping the Titans win 2 to 0.  And that Ben snaps his femur in 217 places.

I'll take those 217 femur snaps and add in some concussions, fuck the Steelers.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: September 10, 2009, 11:14:01 AM

The only reason I want Ben around is so that when the Ravens beat Pittsburgh this year, I don't have to listen to their fans  whining about how we beat them only because Ben ruptured an ovary or some shit.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #31 on: September 10, 2009, 11:53:52 AM

The only reason I want Ben around is so that when the Ravens beat Pittsburgh this year, I don't have to listen to their fans  whining about how we beat them only because Ben ruptured an ovary or some shit.

Go Browns!  ACK! Sometimes I hate being originally from there... and living in Pittsburgh currently so you are right to conclude that I did indeed sell my soul to the devil in a past life only to be bent over in this one.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: September 10, 2009, 11:57:09 AM

Go Browns!  ACK! Sometimes I hate being originally from there... and living in Pittsburgh currently so you are right to conclude that I did indeed sell my soul to the devil in a past life only to be bent over in this one.

Try being from Minnesota.  The Vikings have a shot at looking good this season.  Having watched them play for 40+ years, I know they'll find a way to "Hershel Walker" it all up. 

-  Mark Twain
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 10, 2009, 12:05:38 PM

Try being from Minnesota.  The Vikings have a shot at looking good this season.  Having watched them play for 40+ years, I know they'll find a way to "Hershel Walker" it all up. 

If there's going to be another Walker incident, please make the trade with the Bears Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: September 10, 2009, 12:09:42 PM

Believe me... I was waiting to hear about an Adrian Peterson and 4 first round picks for Cedric Benson a couple of years ago. 

-  Mark Twain
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 NFL  
Jump to: