Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:00:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: State of the game [Fucked] 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: State of the game [Fucked]  (Read 116296 times)
fuser
Terracotta Army

on: March 11, 2009, 09:19:17 AM

http://www.war-europe.com/#/news/?id_news=en395&lang=en

We are also working on a new ORvR Influence bar which is filled by killing players and unlocks higher

The only applicable comment swamp poop
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 05:31:17 AM by fuser »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 09:34:42 AM

Yo dawg.  I heard you like experience bars, so I put an experience bar in your experience bar... why so serious?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 09:36:31 AM

http://www.war-europe.com/#/news/?id_news=en395&lang=en

We are also working on a new ORvR Influence bar which is filled by killing players and unlocks higher

The only applicable comment swamp poop

I'm not one for tired memes but if that doesn't deserve a "Yo dawg, I heard you like grind in your grind so we put in another XP bar so you can grind while you grind" I don't know what does.

Edit - DAMN YOU LANTYSSA!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 10:01:48 AM

For those who have lost the drive to click on the link.

Folks,

Blah, blah, blah...The team has worked very hard on this and the scope of this patch cycle demonstrates Mythic’s willingness to continue to work on WAR as it stands now and not focus resources in other directions... blah, blah, blah.

1. Client/Server issues (honestly)
2. Bugs and Polish (400+ more - after the last 400+)
3. Searching for ORvR fixes (Yes, the aforementioned <new> influence bar)
4. Searching for Keep fixes
5. Searching for Keep Defense fixes (in particular)
6. Searching for Battle Objective fixes
7. Searching for Zone control fixes
8. Searching for Zone Capture fixes
9. Searching for City Raiding fixes
10. Oh yeah, Career Balancing
11. Moar Scenarios

This time we think our magic dartboard of game design fixes will really deliver... and Blah, Blah, Blah

+++

Commentary: WaR increasingly looks like a ramshackle MMO game engine desperately searching for a design.

It is not particularly clever to point out that this is about what I might have expected during our beta testing... the fact that it comes 6 mos after release is a little creepy.

Edit for Blah, Blah content update.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 10:10:40 AM by March »
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 10:06:59 AM

Blah, blah, blah.

Re-reading that paragraph there's a great line

The team has worked very hard on this and the scope of this patch cycle demonstrates Mythic’s willingness to continue to work on WAR as it stands now and not focus resources in other directions.

So If EA pulls the plug "We still wanted to work on the game, but sorry blame EA!"?!
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 10:09:44 AM

Good catch, Fuser, way to data mine the Blah Blah's
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 10:16:34 AM

Blah, blah, blah.

Re-reading that paragraph there's a great line

The team has worked very hard on this and the scope of this patch cycle demonstrates Mythic’s willingness to continue to work on WAR as it stands now and not focus resources in other directions.

So If EA pulls the plug "We still wanted to work on the game, but sorry blame EA!"?!

That was a shot at Blizzard and Tigole going off to work on the new MMO project. MBJ's penis envy is more than a little pathetic.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 10:27:40 AM

It's just too bad Blizzard can't hear anything over OHGODWE'REDROWNINGINMONEYSENDHALP

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 10:38:51 AM

Hahahaha! What an amazing dickhead! God DAMN I don't think I've ever seen anything like this.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 10:46:09 AM

Promising increased XP gains for PvP activity, which is aleatory and, most of the time, nonexistant in my tier during my play time in skull throne, and saying fuck all about increased PvE XP gains.

Go go magnetic wrong.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Arrrgh
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 10:49:51 AM

Do morale abilities fire when you click the button yet?
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 11:01:05 AM

Do morale abilities fire when you click the button yet?

Yes
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 11:21:05 AM

Edit - DAMN YOU LANTYSSA!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
I hate that meme, but it fit so well I couldn't resist.  If it's any consolation, you had the same lofty thought as a tortured idiot. Grin

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 12:02:54 PM

I take this as "We like <teh vision> and will not change the core gameplay aspects of WAR, so like it or leave it!"

Maybe my reading comprehension needs help.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 12:56:49 PM

Gotta love the bitterness in this thread.  It just goes to show that even if Mythic was able to comprehensively fix their game (not saying it is anywhere close), they will still be far behind the curve rebuilding game with all the bad will that has been generated.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 01:24:28 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 01:22:52 PM

Haha, Mark still believes the reason the game tanked was because of the 'economic times'
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 01:31:14 PM

They deserve the bad will, they should have to spend a few years grinding something to lower it.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 01:32:28 PM

They just have to grind boars until they get their player faction up.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 01:46:01 PM

Gotta love the bitterness in this thread.  It just goes to show that even if Mythic was able to comprehensively fix their game (not saying it is anywhere close), they will still be far behind the curve rebuilding game with all the bad will that has been generated.

Do you truly believe they are even on the correct path to unfuck this game? Bitterness is bred from sweet promise unfulfilled. The dickbaggery about the painfully obvious need for quicker experience gain just adds to the problem.

tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 02:06:35 PM

It is deserved, no doubt.  I don't know if they are on the correct path. If 1.2 makes "defending by not defending" no longer viable, that is getting them closer to Unfuckedland.

"Me am play gods"
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 02:06:46 PM

Haha, Mark still believes the reason the game tanked was because of the 'economic times'
Yup he's always got somebody/something to blame other than their own bad design decisions. It's especially amusing he picked the economy to blame this time given that the video games industry as a whole is one of the few bright spots at the moment.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 02:09:03 PM

Are they moving to Saskatchewan?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 02:09:11 PM

I think the strength of warbands and the almost complete lack of sport pvp also limits the lifespan.  You need to allow for a wide variety of playstyles to keep people interested.  Right now it's "play the way we want you to" or dabble in scenarios/pve.  

-  Mark Twain
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 02:23:29 PM

I'm just pulling things out of my ass here, but haven't MMOs kinda shown to be extremely resilient to economic fluctuations? People get fired and subsequently people fire up MMOs because they're extremely cheap entertainment if you already own the hardware (which most prospective subscribers do). Well, the people then never get employed again because they end up stagnant and incompetent. But that's beside the point.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 02:39:00 PM

In general that is the case with entertainment.

We haven't had a big recession while MMOs have been around and popular, however a lot of the traditional entertainment outlets were pricing themselves out of the general public's pocketbook during the good times.  MMOs are still very cheap in comparison, and at a time when escapism becomes much easier to be lured into.  MMOs should do well in comparison to other industries.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 02:56:29 PM

Once again, no PVE xp boost.  Staying unsubbed.
schild
Administrator

Reply #26 on: March 11, 2009, 03:02:38 PM

I've given up, they're never going to fix the XP curve on PvE simply because that would be admitting I was right and they were wrong.

Yes, I'm blaming myself now. That's how convincing Mythic is. Why blame them when I can blame someone else?
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: March 11, 2009, 03:13:37 PM

I lol'd.

I won't even consider re-subbing unless they:

*  Fix the absurd XP curve - Hint:  it was nearly perfect in beta until you fucked it up MJ
*  Get rid of RvE.  I have no desire to play a game where someone can get a high PvP rank by gaming the system and avoiding PvP altogether.
*  Once the RvE is removed reset everyone's Renown Rank.

The above will never happen so I won't even ramble on about the craptastic game engine and combat.

most often known as Drevik
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: March 11, 2009, 03:14:05 PM

Damn you Schild, damn you to hell!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
schild
Administrator

Reply #29 on: March 11, 2009, 03:16:33 PM

*  Fix the absurd XP curve - Hint:  it was nearly perfect in beta until you fucked it up MJ

The XP curve is absolutely fine.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 03:21:26 PM

Oh, I see what you're doing. You clever monkey, you.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: March 11, 2009, 04:59:50 PM

See, here's the other thing. I always come back to MMOs. Even just to check it out, see what's up, play the noob zones... I'm about to do it with PotBS *right the fuck now* and I'm subbed to WoW and LotRO on a more or less permanent basis.

And, in almost eerie fashion, every single time I think about giving WAR a quick spin either Jacobs or Fatty McSandals says something stupid to change my mind. Case in point: MJ's little dig on Blizzard. I'm neutral on fucking Blizzard beyond them having their shit together in a general fashion but shut the fuck up about it, you fucking mong. Probably thirty bucks from me but no, you have to run your mouth perpetually.

Jesus, what a couple of shitbags.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #32 on: March 11, 2009, 06:20:15 PM

Aww, that's big of you. Working on a MMO after it has been launched for six months? Why Mythic must be the first company ever to do such a thing.

However, Mythic did focus some resources straight to the unemployment queue.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 11, 2009, 06:51:52 PM

Mark's comments would be relevant if he had an Eve Online like situation, where the game after having improved over a period of time, was starting ti experience growth.  Given that they went from 800k "Active users" to under 300l subscriptions, closed 40 of the initial 56 servers, and laid off numerous people, his comments come off a petulant little child and will only ring with the deluded fanbois and fangrrls who believe WAR is a awesome.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 01:41:43 AM

I'm confused on the possible 'other directions' that Mythic could be focussing on? DAoC? UO? I fiond it hard to believe that anyone is even floating the idea of taking resources off their biggest and newly live product to redistribute to maintenance mode projects.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: State of the game [Fucked]  
Jump to: