Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:39:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Warhammer Online Server Dead Pool 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warhammer Online Server Dead Pool  (Read 301639 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #490 on: September 29, 2010, 07:59:06 PM

It was cheesy but cute and clever.  The other one seemed like it was written by the same guy that did Barnett's video diaries...

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #491 on: September 30, 2010, 05:05:09 AM

Was it me or did that Hobbit receptionist shave her feet?  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #492 on: September 30, 2010, 07:53:34 AM

It would be unseemly in the modern workplace to have unshaven feet.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #493 on: September 30, 2010, 08:01:28 AM

It's a brandywine-brazillian.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #494 on: September 30, 2010, 09:50:36 AM

Oh god
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #495 on: September 30, 2010, 11:40:27 AM

I watched this Mythic promo video yesterday.

The Reenlisters!

Needs more Burnett to make me truly hate it. Otherwise, goddamn, is the economy really so bad that these developers have to shed all their dignity in 2 minutes and 39 seconds?

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #496 on: September 30, 2010, 12:15:39 PM

Needs more Burnett to make me truly hate it.

Watch this, then think about how you can add another experience bar.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #497 on: September 30, 2010, 03:10:05 PM

I want to beat him to death with the still wet bones of disabled dead children.  ACK!

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #498 on: October 01, 2010, 09:41:20 AM

[edit]nm, I accidentally replied to something a  few pages back and that video is too awful to be distracted from it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 09:46:50 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #499 on: October 05, 2010, 10:41:36 AM

UO is 14.99 are they having a laugh  ACK!
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #500 on: October 09, 2010, 01:14:55 PM

Needs more Burnett to make me truly hate it.

Watch this, then think about how you can add another experience bar.

[derail]

Hate on the guy all you will but the point of that video is very valid. My old guild leader in EQ was all but paralyzed and outside of the game, her whole life revolved around her house and her little dog Dickens. She had no immediate family, was disabled enough that she couldn't work, and lived out in the boonies. The only time she ever really left the house was to make a trip to the Mayo clinic every few months for some new treatments. EQ (and later EQ2) gave her a life she wouldn't ordinarily have had. And she was a genuinely nice person. We were always happy to see her come and sad to see her go and I'd like to think she thought the same of us. Reflecting on this I think the reason EQ succeeded as well as it did was because, let's face it, there really wasn't much of a game there compared to say WoW. The players had to pretty much invent fun even if it was more social than anything. I think I had more fun helping others out and socializing than I actually did playing the game. Then WoW came along and said "Hey look at me! I'll take your $15 a month and you can have more fun faster and not have to group with a bunch of people you don't know or care about!!". To which all my Elder Scrolls games yelled "Hey! That's our job!!", but I wasn't listening.

[/derail]

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #501 on: October 09, 2010, 02:51:31 PM

I wasn't making fun of the point of the video, far from it, he gets it, yet he still helped make WAR.

Edit typed "was" meant "wasn't", fixed it.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 04:45:59 PM by Arthur_Parker »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #502 on: October 09, 2010, 06:51:56 PM

We had a lady like that in our SWG player association.  I was glad we made her time there enjoyable.

I still wanted to kick Barnett in the face.

raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #503 on: October 09, 2010, 08:21:26 PM

We had a lady like that in our SWG player association.  I was glad we made her time there enjoyable.

I still wanted to kick Barnett in the face.

Oh yeah, he needs to be pummeled. I was just bringing up a personal anecdote, hence the /derail tags. :) I did almost see him as human there for a second or two but then splashed my face with cold water.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #504 on: October 11, 2010, 12:14:10 PM

/Godwin

I'm sorry, but watching that touching video of Paul Burnett speaking about how "his game" helped sick children made me think of Mengele explaining how four arms makes Jews more productive workers.

/Godwin

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #505 on: October 13, 2010, 05:39:52 AM

Most recent discussion moved here:

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=19940.0
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #506 on: October 14, 2010, 10:36:02 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #507 on: October 14, 2010, 04:24:07 PM

Use a tripod FFS, this isn't BSG!

They haven't implemented a stability bar yet  why so serious?
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #508 on: November 19, 2010, 04:14:13 AM

Anyone tried out the new 1.4 patch and changes that went with it?
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #509 on: November 19, 2010, 01:02:20 PM

I played it for a few hours last night, it’s definitely different.  The renown screen is awful.  Instead of a nice tree, it’s all just spit out into a giant list.  It makes it really hard to plan out your points unless you know exactly what you want beforehand. 

I’m undecided if I like the new keep siege mechanics yet.   My initial impression is that flipping zones is much faster than before.  There’s no more waiting around for domination points and no more standing around at BOs waiting for them to flip. Also the lack of NPCs in the keeps makes it much harder for a smaller defense force to put up a reasonable fight against a larger warband.  As soon as the inner doors are down it’s pretty much an instant wipe if the groups aren’t balanced.

XP/Renown gain is either buggy or I just don’t understand it.  Sometimes we’d lose the zone and I’d get 6k renown.  Sometimes I’d die and get 2k renown. Other times we’d win a big battle and get nothing.  The general consensus seems to be that renown from healing is pretty outrageous.  From my limited time yesterday I’d have to agree that my renown went up considerably faster than normal.

I can’t comment much on the progression pack or about the end game, I just re-subbed a month ago for the first time since release and I started new characters.  So I’m just hitting the T4 stuff.
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #510 on: November 19, 2010, 01:42:23 PM

I played it for a few hours last night, it’s definitely different.  The renown screen is awful.  Instead of a nice tree, it’s all just spit out into a giant list.  It makes it really hard to plan out your points unless you know exactly what you want beforehand. 

I’m undecided if I like the new keep siege mechanics yet.   My initial impression is that flipping zones is much faster than before.  There’s no more waiting around for domination points and no more standing around at BOs waiting for them to flip. Also the lack of NPCs in the keeps makes it much harder for a smaller defense force to put up a reasonable fight against a larger warband.  As soon as the inner doors are down it’s pretty much an instant wipe if the groups aren’t balanced.

XP/Renown gain is either buggy or I just don’t understand it.  Sometimes we’d lose the zone and I’d get 6k renown.  Sometimes I’d die and get 2k renown. Other times we’d win a big battle and get nothing.  The general consensus seems to be that renown from healing is pretty outrageous.  From my limited time yesterday I’d have to agree that my renown went up considerably faster than normal.

I can’t comment much on the progression pack or about the end game, I just re-subbed a month ago for the first time since release and I started new characters.  So I’m just hitting the T4 stuff.

Welp... couple more patches and a few more months and I'd say they'll be ready to implement DAoC Frontiers.  They should be proud.  Very Proud.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #511 on: November 19, 2010, 06:19:29 PM

What's the short summary in plain English of the patch changes?
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #512 on: November 22, 2010, 06:42:04 AM

2 New DLC Packs available, $10 each, $15 for both
Progression Pack - Raises max renown rank from 80 to 100, 2 new armor sets & weapons, increased renown from RR 1-80
Personality Pack - New dyes, new mount, haircuts, pets

Rebalanced tiers
T1: 1-15
T2: 12-26
T3: 22-39
T4: 40

Overhaul of the Keep & Zone Control systems
All NPC's removed from Keeps & BO's, replaced with a flag.  Capturing the flag on a BO spawns a resource carrier that heads toward your keep, if he makes it the keep gains resources.  Resources level up the keep which in turn spawns better siege equipment for your keep and for assaulting the enemy keep.  Flipping the zone is now as easy as owning all the keeps, scenarios and skirmishes now play no part in zone control.  Also added new Gryphons for Arial bombing runs and sneaking people behind the walls in keeps.

Overhaul of all Renown Skill/Tactics
All renown tactics were removed.  All of the "get extra morale for killing a dwarf" type passives were removed.  Replaced with some new abilities and passives that seem much more powerful overall.  There's a crit/crit reduction/a cleanse/extra burst run etc.

Skaven Content
Skaven Dungeon, sort of play as Skaven in RvR

Loot Re-balance
All of the sets pre RR80 have been made easier to acquire.  Some of the token sets are just money now.  The sovereign set was moved from city siege stage 3 to stage 1.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #513 on: November 22, 2010, 07:46:47 AM

How do the Skaven actually work?  For a race a lot of people wanted to see, I've heard absolutely nothing besides, "Skaven! Play a Skaven! Skaven!"

Brennik
Terracotta Army

Reply #514 on: November 22, 2010, 11:52:23 AM

There's a few catches to actually playing one. First, you need to be realm rank 65+. Then, you get to play in that fancy Skaven dungeon which is a basically a 24vs24 scenario and the dungeon only opens for a zone when certain conditions are triggered (I think, I haven't been in there yet). If you manage to win your instance, you get warpstone residue or something as reward with the normal item drops and then you can use the warpstone to take control of a skaven unit at your keep.

March
Terracotta Army

Reply #515 on: November 22, 2010, 03:55:28 PM

There's a few catches to actually playing one. First, you need to be realm rank 65+. Then, you get to play in that fancy Skaven dungeon which is a basically a 24vs24 scenario and the dungeon only opens for a zone when certain conditions are triggered (I think, I haven't been in there yet). If you manage to win your instance, you get warpstone residue or something as reward with the normal item drops and then you can use the warpstone to take control of a skaven unit at your keep.

I'm a little disappointed that there's not a progress bar to fill... but otherwise, what could go wrong with a system like that?
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #516 on: November 22, 2010, 07:02:20 PM

First, you need to be realm rank 65+. Then, you get to play in that fancy Skaven dungeon which is a basically a 24vs24 scenario and the dungeon only opens for a zone when certain conditions are triggered

Are there enough people that have this realm rank to fill out a 24 man team?
Brennik
Terracotta Army

Reply #517 on: November 23, 2010, 02:26:22 AM

Wee-ell, it's more instanced tomfoolery, I don't like that either. Then again, the Skaven are in no way required to capture the zones, they're just a little something extra to keep people interested.

There's plenty of people to fill the instances, at least on the Euro servers and Badlands. Everyone that's kept playing this long is basically pretty much guaranteed to be around realm rank 70 if they've done any RvR at all.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #518 on: November 23, 2010, 09:17:55 AM

That is absolutely retarded.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #519 on: November 23, 2010, 09:34:49 AM

That is absolutely retarded.

At least they are being consistent.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #520 on: November 24, 2010, 03:35:45 AM

I like that keep taking flips the zone and only that.  I like that idea so much I thought about re-subbing.  BUT the skaven implementation is horseshit.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #521 on: November 24, 2010, 04:20:36 AM

I've been dicking with this off and on over the past couple of days using one of their 10 day free trial offers. The only impression I've gotten so far is that there's a hell of a lot more actual PvP going on. So, they're going in the right direction on that at least. Now, when the other side doesn't show up, sure, it's RvE. But it only takes a few to at least delay if not outright ruin your plans. Never mind when they show up with a warband to match. Then it's zerg on zerg DAoC style. Plus, you get the small group v group skirmishes going on at the Battlefield Objectives. Or, in some cases, 1v1. Just depends on who shows up. Honestly, it's pretty awesome. I'm sure there are flaws in the system I'm missing, but like I said, I think they're going in the right direction finally.

Personally, I couldn't give less of a shit about the Skaven stuff. /shrug
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #522 on: November 24, 2010, 08:35:44 AM

The new Keep changes seem pretty cool.  And I like how they removed a lot of the uselessness.

I still won't go back, but it seems like they are good changes. 
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #523 on: November 25, 2010, 12:29:14 AM

These changes all sound so good that I might give this another shot...

...once it goes F2P.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #524 on: December 01, 2010, 12:36:25 PM

I kinda wanted this to succeed, so that I could have faith that MAYBE Mythic could put it all together in a new MMO later down the road...

But... I don't think EA will shell out another 100million again...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Warhammer Online Server Dead Pool  
Jump to: