Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:02:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - for real 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl - for real  (Read 251861 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #735 on: December 08, 2009, 01:19:03 PM

You are picking it up with the wrong guys, every team basically has someone who you buy only so you have someone who can handle picking up the ball.  Also one of the early roles for a level'd up player is guy who picks up the ball without failing so often.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #736 on: December 08, 2009, 01:35:34 PM

Also having an enemy player next to the ball makes it harder to pick up, so always knock the guys around the ball away or on their butts before you try to pick it up.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #737 on: December 08, 2009, 01:48:34 PM

Or play teams with actual Agility scores!   awesome, for real
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #738 on: December 08, 2009, 02:28:29 PM

You are picking it up with the wrong guys, every team basically has someone who you buy only so you have someone who can handle picking up the ball.  Also one of the early roles for a level'd up player is guy who picks up the ball without failing so often.
And what if said guy is nowhere near the ball thats just been dropped?
Or play teams with actual Agility scores!   awesome, for real
I was playing Wood Elves  Ohhhhh, I see.

Though I was Dwarfs before that when also having the problems.  I apparently just suck at rolling.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #739 on: December 08, 2009, 02:45:17 PM

Run him over there and in the mean time beat the shit out of anyone else who tries to get near it!

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #740 on: December 08, 2009, 08:37:47 PM

Run him over there and in the mean time beat the shit out of anyone else who tries to get near it!

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #741 on: April 01, 2010, 10:32:06 AM

Blood Bowl Legendary Edition.
Expansion that is bigger than the original game. 12 races on top of the actual 8 for a total of 20. Hell yeah.

2010-04-01
Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition!

We are honored to reveal Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition, that will come out on PC at the end of 2010!

Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition is the ultimate Blood Bowl edition! 12 new playable races join the 8 races already available in the 2009 edition. Blood Bowl fans will thus find all their favourite races from the original board game. Undeads, Amazons, Ogres and 9 other races enter Blood Bowl's tournaments. All 20 races have their personal style, tactics and unique skills which give each game a diversity rarely seen in a strategy game.

There will be also new, more impressive stadiums to welcome all these new teams. From the snowy Norse stadium to the creepy interior of a crypt, the change of scenery is guaranteed.

A new Story mode is introduced, in which players will play as a freelance coach. They will have to lead several famous teams and take up many challenges through a story revealing the origins of Blood Bowl, the Old World and its many races that relentlessly compete with each other in merciless games. A newly scripted tutorial will teach all new comers everything they need to know about coaching a Blood Bowl team!

Of course, in order to stay as close as possible to the official rules, many additions and updates have been made to better match the latest Living Rulebook edition, used in all official board games official tournaments.

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #742 on: April 01, 2010, 12:37:31 PM

my knee-jerk reaction is that is an elaborate April Fools joke, but I hope not.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #743 on: April 01, 2010, 12:41:17 PM

If it was it would be slightly funny i would hope. 

I am the .00000001428%
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #744 on: October 15, 2010, 04:40:36 PM

Legendary Edition out on October 28th. 30% off if you own any of the previous versions.

New f13 League anyone? I wonder how the hell is gonna work, can I make a league with Legendary and Regular owners? We'll see.

Here's the whole roster of races. AWESOME.

http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/index.php?rub=races-home-bble

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #745 on: October 15, 2010, 04:56:42 PM

As if a league would ever get finished.... :(
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #746 on: October 15, 2010, 05:56:45 PM

Well, it was a "test league", and quite succesful I must say as it would be apparent to anyone patient enough to read back the whole thread. Of the 28 scheduled match, I think 25 has been regularly played. Quite a feat! Still, here's what happened, starting from my last post about it:

The last league lost its momentum at the end of July, summer hit, I left for the States and a few others had prolonged absences due to holidays. More, the game never made it easy for people to arrange games and our f13 Bloodbowlers Steam group didn't completely solved the problem, and I'm sure at some point everyone got tired to use slow forum PMs or unanswered Steam IMs. The league has been a success in my opinion, even without its final chapter. The funny thing is that we don't have a winner despite 6 and an half weeks played. in fact, with just one match to play, the standing is:

#1 Aez - 16 points
#2 Helm - 13 points

If Aez loses his last match (vs. Cadaverine) and Helm wins (vs. Modern Angel), then we need a final tiebreaking match to declare a winner.
I'd love if you people would try and play those two finale games.

Since Der Helm had to forfeit his match vs. Modern Angel due to the inability to launch the game under Vista leaving Modern Angel's invitations unattended (see posts of by Aug. 30 and Nov. 23, 2009 in this thread), Aez is officially the winner. Even more so since Aez won his match the same way against Cadaverine (Aez offered to play the game again Nov. 19th 2009 in this thread but Cadaverine never responded).

Here are the much awaited results of the last game:

Official Results for Week #7 of 7:

Scadente (Black Amnesty) 2 - IainC (Tlachtlan Tornadoes) 0
Typhon (Toothsome Terrors) 1 - Falconeer (Bat Country) 1
Aez (Fraggers) 3 -  Cadaverine (Team Bugman's) 0 (Cadaverine forfeited)
Helm (Luscious Lizards) 0 - Modern Angel (Estalia Crushers) 3 (Helm forfeited)

So the "Official Final Standings of the First f13 Blood Bowl Test League" are:

1) Aez ............. 19 pts.
2) Modern Angel ............. 15 pts.
3) Helm ............. 13 pts.  (+TD diff)
4) Scadente ............. 13 pts.  (-TD diff)
5) IainC ............. 7 pts.
6) Cadaverine ............. 6 pts.
7) Falconeer ............. 6 pts.
8) Typhon ............. 1 pts.

Now that we officially have a winnar, and folded up Season 1, can we move forward with the next league?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:14:13 AM by Falconeer »

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #747 on: October 15, 2010, 07:31:36 PM

I was mostly being tongue in cheek. I actually had no idea Der Helm had computer issues. I'm of course game for another league. I'll need to check finances but the 30% off had me basically as a go for this.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #748 on: October 15, 2010, 07:51:45 PM

I'm down.  Of course, my only skills come from playing against the pc, because I can absolutely never get a match up with anybody online.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #749 on: October 15, 2010, 09:40:15 PM

If you wouldn't mind a long-time lurker signing up, I'd love to get in on the league.  I'm a Blood Bowl fan and enjoyed the first Cyanide game, but am by no means an expert.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #750 on: October 15, 2010, 10:45:48 PM

What the hell is that in your avatar lurker?

-Stephen Colbert
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #751 on: October 15, 2010, 11:36:07 PM

That is a tree kangaroo of Papua New Guinea.  Terribly cuddly-looking, and equally endangered.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #752 on: October 16, 2010, 12:28:10 AM

They have like 400 of them at the San Diego Zoo, obviously they need to share.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #753 on: October 16, 2010, 01:04:06 AM

They'd fit right in on the Halfling team.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 01:07:02 AM by Ruvaldt »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #754 on: October 16, 2010, 04:29:56 AM

Ok. This thread will stay alive and the main place for all Blood Bowl and League related news. But if you are interested you should totally join the Steam group.
It won't be the only way to keep in touch for League purposes, but it's a good one nonetheless. Better than Facebook, isn't it? Or you want a Facebook group?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/f13bb   - join!

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #755 on: October 16, 2010, 05:17:49 AM

Something from the official FAQ:

Are there plans to change the interface to manage private leagues? If so, what will be improved?
Yes. We have spent a lot of time re-thinking and developing the multiplayer interface. It has been split into several pages for more clarity and better ergonomics. We have also integrated new features for private leagues administrators like: the ability to cancel a game and replay it or even to modify the score of a game.

Will the current version and Legendary version co-exist?
Players will be together on the lobby, they will be able to see and talk to each other, but they will not be able to play against each other.

First one is good news. Second one is disaster. Basically, unless you upgrade and/or get the Legendary edition, no League will be possible. Unless we all decide to play the vanilla version, which would still cut out any new player. Dammit. Anyway, discount is pretty good. It's gonna cost me 27 €, so I guess it's a very good price even in GB Pounds or US dollars for an expansion anyway.

EDIT:

Will there be an international release of Blood Bowl Legendary Edition?
Blood Bowl Legendary Edition will be released in Europe, in store and digital version in Q4 2010. The dates for the North American region and other areas are not yet finalized.

Fuck this. See you later, guys   Heartbreak
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 05:23:12 AM by Falconeer »

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #756 on: October 16, 2010, 06:00:45 AM

Given that the 30% discount is only there for people who buy in their store I'm not seeing the issue. I'll just hit their digital version again.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #757 on: October 16, 2010, 06:45:57 AM

I got the digital version from there store last time, so there being no boxes in NA doesn't bother me either.

That said, I haven't played this since shortly after my schoolin in the league and I'd want to play one of the newer races... and that won't be possible until the 28th.  New league starting on the 29th would mean that I only had a day to try to figure out which race I want to play.

Ok! Ok! For me it won't matter I'm going to suck anyway, but other folks might actually benefit from a little practice is all I'm sayin.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #758 on: October 16, 2010, 06:49:54 AM

As much as I love Blood Bowl, I just bought this and have barely had a chance to play it, especially since the "real" league never actually happened. Why should I buy it again? Some bugfixes and dark elves?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #759 on: October 16, 2010, 07:02:42 AM

Wait. It doesn't say no box until the 28th. It says NO way to purchase it in North America until some undefined later date. Am I wrong?

New league starting on the 29th would mean that I only had a day to try to figure out which race I want to play.

Hey, it won't start on the 29th. It will take a long time to prepare anyway. I put that date as an event on the group as a test. No hurry.

And Azazel, it's not dark elves. The new version is 11 new races up to a total of 20 from the actual 9.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 07:07:53 AM by Falconeer »

Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #760 on: October 16, 2010, 08:43:18 AM

OMG! Even more reason to really buy this, is it going to be Chaos Dwarfs for the 20th team?  I didn't know Warhammer has expanded to 20 different races to play now (is there more?).  How bad is playing US vs Europe or US vs Australia/Oceania?  Or is it not as twitched based as I think it would need to be?

Grrr...Fallout New Vegas, Black Ops, & WoW expansion are on my purchases list already, guess I'll work more overtime and join you all come November.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #761 on: October 16, 2010, 08:58:23 AM

Twitch? There is ZERO twitch. It is a turn based boardgame.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #762 on: October 16, 2010, 09:05:02 AM

I don't know. Rereading it does seem like NA doesn't have access to the digital version but I bought the supposed Euro only digital version the second the game was available and have had no issues.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #763 on: October 17, 2010, 09:57:42 AM

OMG! Even more reason to really buy this, is it going to be Chaos Dwarfs for the 20th team?  I didn't know Warhammer has expanded to 20 different races to play now (is there more?). 

Official word about the Chaos Dwarves:

At first when we started BB1, we asked Games Workshop if the Chaos Dwarves would follow the same rules as for all other Warhammer licenses. We did not received a clear answer and kind of gave up.
When Games Workshop finally answered that yes the Chaos Dwarves were part of the Blood Bowl license, it was already too late, we had made our planning and budgeted all races. So for the time being, the Chaos Dwarves are not part of Blood Bowl Legendary but we all would like to create them.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #764 on: October 17, 2010, 07:29:47 PM

Day 1 purchase for me and Megrim.

We'll definitely have a Aus/Asia league among real life friends which might suit you Azazel.

I think you'll still be able to play with us with non LegenDarr edition; you just won't have access to the new interesting races.

But yeah, I think most of F13 will be snowballed under various turkeysgiving releases
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #765 on: October 17, 2010, 11:27:45 PM

It says no here, Llyse:

Will the current version and Legendary version co-exist?
Players will be together on the lobby, they will be able to see and talk to each other, but they will not be able to play against each other.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #766 on: October 21, 2010, 01:40:01 AM

Preorders got in earlier, sort of beta test. This is really nice. Single player story mode is sweet. Improvements here and there. Must buy!

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #767 on: October 21, 2010, 02:39:37 AM

Wait? What? No Chaos Dwarves?

Fuck that noise. The CDs were my second team when the original (well, 3rd edition) game was released. Wake me when the legendary edition has them, instead of the random bullshit races they added later. (And yeah, some of them we had in 2nd, but you get the idea).

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #768 on: October 21, 2010, 03:55:21 AM

I feel your pain. I would have felt the same if they left out Amazons this time too.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
Scrapping a game for that though? Typical Azazel.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #769 on: October 21, 2010, 09:21:17 PM

Yeah, you're right about the incompatibility Falconeer.

They say they're adding Chaos Dwarves later but it's GW's fault for umming and ahhing whether it was to be included.

I've ordered my copy and eagerly await next Thursday...

Also what's your Bloodbowl ID Falconeer in case you're up for a friendly
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - for real  
Jump to: