Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:13:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - for real 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl - for real  (Read 253146 times)
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #770 on: October 21, 2010, 09:40:39 PM

So since you've been playing, do you know what the blank 'Coming Soon' race on http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/index.php?rub=races-home-bble is?  
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #771 on: October 22, 2010, 02:24:41 AM

Pretty sure only high elves and chaos dwarfs are missing, and we know it isn't chaos dwarfs.

Edit: also, that is a high elf symbol.

Edit2: also, they did did the reveal today and it is high elf.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 04:48:43 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #772 on: October 22, 2010, 10:14:19 AM

Yay, I guess?
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #773 on: October 22, 2010, 04:17:37 PM

More like "Here is a game that absolutely did not need another douchey elf team".  why so serious?

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #774 on: October 22, 2010, 04:36:17 PM

It now has all the teams except chaos dwarfs and the LRB6 teams that GW seem to be trying to kill because GW is run by fuckwits.

So pretty much all the teams. There isn't a lot of decision making left for the devs. Which team shall we add? I know, lets add the only remaining team...

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #775 on: October 23, 2010, 05:23:58 PM

This is now showing up in steam for release October 28.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/58520/

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #776 on: October 23, 2010, 05:39:13 PM

It says "Unlocks on the 28th", but it can't be preordered or prepurchased. Fishy.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #777 on: October 23, 2010, 11:51:07 PM

That's not uncommon on steam.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #778 on: October 25, 2010, 12:13:08 AM

I feel your pain. I would have felt the same if they left out Amazons this time too.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
Scrapping a game for that though? Typical Azazel.

Nah. Not for that. That was just being annoyed.

As I said a bunch of posts earlier, the F13 league never happened, which was one of the reasons I bought the first one and I haven't otherwise played the first one enough to buy it again. Certainly not at Full Price. Incompatability doesn't help either.

But the main reason, as stated, was because I didn't play the last one enough to justify buying it again. Broadly similar to the reason I didn't buy FIFA10. Didn't play FIFA09 enough to make it worthwhile.
I'll likely buy it on 360 when it hits the bargain bins like the first one did. And/or $10 Steam Sale.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #779 on: October 25, 2010, 08:27:12 AM

Ordered and set up. Still can't download yet but whatever.  Need a league.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #780 on: October 25, 2010, 08:35:24 AM

I will make the League happen. Even if it's me and you MA.

Kodan
Terracotta Army

Reply #781 on: October 25, 2010, 12:27:47 PM

I am playing this and its ALOT more fun than the original version. I managed to get into the preorder from their online store before the 20th deal and was able to download the full game and start playing then. There are some early bug reports but nothing that seemed to me as totally game breaking. There has been a patch and I think another coming very soon. The games OFFICIAL release is the 28th. They just allowed some people in early as a preorder bonus(really more like a prerelease test of the server hardware). So far I think it was worth the 27.99(anyone who bought the original can get 30% off the price at their online store) I paid since there were some nice new additions to the game. Its more than just teams....
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #782 on: October 25, 2010, 04:11:21 PM

Yeah, I was reading it wrong and thought I could get in now but... nope.

Did they alter the league setup at all? Different rules, set up tournaments and such?
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #783 on: October 25, 2010, 04:48:57 PM

Ok, I'm a bit confused by all the different posts of information, so just clear this up for me.  Will I, as an American, be able to buy this game in a few days on Steam, and play with everybody online (who also buys the legendary edition obviously)?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #784 on: October 25, 2010, 04:57:20 PM

Like I said, I'm up for the long awaited F13 league and I'm dead sure Megrim is too.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #785 on: October 25, 2010, 05:26:24 PM

I will make the League happen. Even if it's me and you MA.

Which version?

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #786 on: October 25, 2010, 05:38:26 PM

Ok, I'm a bit confused by all the different posts of information, so just clear this up for me.  Will I, as an American, be able to buy this game in a few days on Steam, and play with everybody online (who also buys the legendary edition obviously)?

As near as i can tell, the only differentiating factor between different countries is if you want a boxed version. The digital version is available to anyone, anywhere, and by extension i'm assuming the Steam version as well.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #787 on: October 26, 2010, 01:43:25 AM

Well Azazel, I hate the idea of leaving anyone behind, seriously. But many here are upgrading to Legendary, and some will just get it as a first purchase (and these ones won't be able to play against Regular BB owners), so it would mean cutting off people anyway. If that would be the case, I think it makes sense to choose the newest installment with all the new shinies, new teams and better League support.

I own both versions, though, and should we have more people interested in a Regular league over a Legendary league I'll be happy to oblige.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #788 on: October 26, 2010, 02:00:44 AM

Yeah, I get you. I'm just not that keen on re-buying it so soon after paying $50 for the first one and then not really playing it. I think I lost one of my activations after my wife's PC died, as well. I can't recall their exact DRM scheme. 30% off is an alright enough Olive Branch, and I am aware that FIFA, etc do annual updates and aren't shy about asking full price for them each year, but ehhhh.

fake edit - I can't find a link anywhere on their page to the 30% off for owners of the original.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #789 on: October 26, 2010, 02:51:47 AM

I can't find a link anywhere on their page to the 30% off for owners of the original.

Here? http://shop.bloodbowl-game.com/promo/725184/978/en

I hope it isn't for Europeans only.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #790 on: October 26, 2010, 06:19:58 AM

It isn't.  I'm in Texas, and got 30% off of my preorder for having bought the original a little over a year ago.  I have to wait until the 28th to play though.   Heartbreak

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #791 on: October 26, 2010, 11:30:13 AM

$26 with the discount.  Can't play til the 28th, but I can d/l it now.  Not sure what's up with the Steam version, though, since I bought mine off the Focus Interactive page, same as last time.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #792 on: October 26, 2010, 01:57:16 PM

Did they alter the league setup at all? Different rules, set up tournaments and such?

I checked tonight just to be able to answer your questions, and the verdict is yes, the "Create League" page offers some new options, and according to what they say League Managers have more tools to control and fine tune leagues, before and after starting them.

Tournament type:
- Championship
- Cup
- Grand Slam
- Play-off

All of them quite customizable, up to number of pools, divisions, double round robins and play-off layers.
What I am in love is the hall of fame, the league individual tables for players in all categories like Best Killer, Best Receiver, Most violent Player, Best Thrower, Survivor, and many more. I'm wondering if this was present in the vanilla version too, but if it was I missed it which means it's way better organized here.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #793 on: October 26, 2010, 05:08:11 PM

Fucking perfect. PERFECT!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #794 on: October 27, 2010, 08:22:49 AM

Hall of fame was there before.

I'm disappointed but unsurprised that they don't have swiss leagues which would be ideal for leagues where you want a short season to cope with people dropping in and out whenever.

Barring that they could have a simple open format where you just play whoever you like until the commissioner calls time, meaning you could manually run any fixture system you like, and at the very least play fixtures out of order according to availability. (this system would even match the 'lore')

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #795 on: October 27, 2010, 12:33:49 PM

Finally in and poking around, this seems like the next best thing. I want to say that they really listened to the complaints about their barebones league system with the prior effort but I haven't put enough time in to say definitely. But that's how it seems at first blush.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #796 on: October 27, 2010, 01:41:24 PM

Hall of fame was there before.

I checked the old version. For some reason "Hall of fame" is hidden into the Team page and is greyed out and unselectable anyway in all the leagues I am participating, including our still alive f13 Test League. If it was there, it was a bit broken. Anyway, the new League Management stuff is what it should have been since the beginning.

Kodan
Terracotta Army

Reply #797 on: October 27, 2010, 04:05:45 PM

LOL this is what the whole game should  have been like in the beginning not just the league stuff... There are TONS of options that were not in the first game. Wish they had done ALL the star players but did alot of them... At the end of the day its a much better put together game.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #798 on: October 27, 2010, 04:45:58 PM

I've only played through the first two story mode matches, but so far it seems like a much better game than the first one.  The dice still hate me, though.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #799 on: October 27, 2010, 06:38:58 PM

Nuffle is a bitch goddess. I won with my halfling team only to get beaten 4-0 on my ogres by a different halfling team. It was shaming.
Terracotta Army

Reply #800 on: October 28, 2010, 05:45:36 AM

I haven't got around to getting legendary yet but having only played 3rd ed. I'm worried about the fragmentation of the Undead teams resulting in all of them being largely crap
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #801 on: October 28, 2010, 05:52:59 AM

Necromantic and Undead generally feature toward the top of the win/lose stats.

Khemri and espeicially Vampire are considered 'special' teams providing 'additional challenge'.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #802 on: October 28, 2010, 05:53:11 AM

There's a Vampire bug, I hear, involving not being able to hypnotize. So I'd avoid them. I have a Necromantic team that did alright.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #803 on: October 28, 2010, 05:57:08 AM

So, LEAGUE TIME!

I need to do things seriously this time around. I am tempted to open a new thread to better keep track of things, but I'm a fetishit and I like long winded stuff with a history.

New "league only" thread?

And, who is up? For real! Legendary Edition only (unless you mob me back into regular).

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #804 on: October 28, 2010, 06:03:08 AM

Damn game isn't even available for another 4 hours.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - for real  
Jump to: